Carolina Skiff LLC Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GA 31503February 20, 2019
I was torn between owner and owners brother/plant manager as to what I should do. I was offered to stay on as a worker with less pay and could not do it.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor Management / Unskilled workers
Not a good job it can ruin health
Boat maker (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJanuary 9, 2019
The first days I started there I could barely breath when I got home even wearing the protection stuff they give you. They don’t need to be open it is dangerous to your health.
Pros
You get paid good
Cons
Short breaks, not good for health
Very productive environment
Fork Lifter (Former Employee) –  Blackshear, GAAugust 11, 2018
I really liked working at Carolina Skiff, The hours was great. The managers were great and aslo the other coworkers. Nothing wasn’t really hard to be about the job because I am a fast learner. The most task I enjoyed at Carolina skiff was doing the pallets, moving boats, and laminating. A typical day at work is great I am a team player I got alone very well with a lot of my coworkers and plant mangers.
It was a job that you have to learn
Fiberglass Laminator (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAAugust 8, 2018
I liked the job great work place environment. Supervisors was nice and friendly. The front desk people are very nice and does a great job. They want to help you succeed and move up in progress.
Pros
Great people to work with
Great learning experience..
Rigging (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAAugust 4, 2018
All in all I enjoyed working here . Just seasonal work. Company is owned and operated by family. It's been in the family for 4 generation. It has grown into a million dollar company.
Loved the job but forced to quit
Rigger/plumber (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMay 22, 2018
Im a female weighing 120 i was forced to quit because I wasn't able to move the boats front and back end of the boat.Feel management could've put me on another assignment that didn't require heavy moving when the average female couldn't work in that position
Pros
Getting paid every week/good pay
Cons
Poor management observation
n/a
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJanuary 31, 2018
n/a. it was an alright company.i enjoyed working there for the time. they had good benefits. i also learned a lot of skills there.i liked my supervisor he was a pretty cool guy.
Not such a great place
Rigger/Operator (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GASeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed the work and the hours was good. My plant manager was a great guy but the people who own and run the place are terrible. It's about quantity over quality. The lack of leadership is terrible. I've never seen such a high volume of turnovers as this place. It's just absolutely terrible. If your wanting a job put in for plant 1,4 or warehouse. You don't wanna work for owners brother in other plants. Just my 2 cents on the place
Pros
Cons
Breaks are short, don't expect over 10 a hour and prepare for long days
Productive workplace
Metal Finisher (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 13, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there if they want to get paid fairly. I worked so hard and never recieved my raise that was promised to me. I had to find a new job.
very good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMay 31, 2017
me gusto buen hambiente amabilidad buen sueldo con opcion de superacion
Small part finish (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMay 12, 2017
I like Woking for carliona skiff. It was hard work good people in that try to help. Always stay busy in make sure there worker was safe and make you feel OK.
Productive and enjoyable company
Final Finish (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at this company would be cleaning and papering molds, cleaning and finishing boats and cleaning area before leaving. I've learned how to wax molds, caulk, and paper molds. The management is understanding and outgoing and push you to exceed. The coworkers are very determined, team workers. The hardest part of the job would be working 12 hours some days. The most enjoyable part of the job would be learning new things.
Pros
Having weekends off
Cons
Working many hours
Productive workplace with poor management
Lamination Builder (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAApril 12, 2016
learned how to build a boat, laminate a boat and its parts. Pull a boat out of its mold, sand the inside down so nobody would get hurt. some co-workers we're very helpful and others was just looking out for themselves

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolina Skiff LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Carolina Skiff LLC Reviews by Location