Carolinas HealthCare System Employee Reviews

Found 1,042 reviews matching the search See all 1,044 reviews
Overall Great
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2018
As a whole the company is great! Lower management is not properly trained. They show favoritism and the benefits and compensation are are not competitive. There are lots of perks to working for such a large organization.
Productivity Oriented
Material Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2018
Great place to work if you are looking for a career in the medical field as far as learning how the products are shipped and received. Some quarters are heavy so expect overtime during flu seasons and rough weather seasons. Great teammates. Great Leadership. Plenty of chances to advance. Hardest part would be just keeping up with the pace and making sure you are on time.

As an old rule goes- 10 min early is on time. And on time is borderline late. 1 min over and your late.

Keep your performance and accuracy up. Work with your leaders so you can find where you accel.
Pros
Development, a little flexible on hours, music, health & family matters (children), Pto!!
Cons
Lack of communication between managers. Warehouse environment- expect lots of dust.
Fast paced
Chef/Cook (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCAugust 10, 2018
This hospital is quite fast paced and you have to be able to execute recipes at the highest of standards because patients expect good quality food. It's not an easy place to work for like you have to be knowledgeable and you have to be hard-working and willing to put in work.
Pros
Got lunches paid for, Offered some benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Healthcare
Productive workplace
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2018
Carolinas Healthcare is a great company to work for. I learned many things in the years I was there, for instance, great customer service especially with patients old and young who are sometimes worried about their health. Needing special attention to make them feel comfortable and cared for.
Poor
Registrar/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCAugust 6, 2018
Upper management came in a closed our office. They relocated the ones they wanted to stay and got rid of the pea ons. Our office was at the best on all of our numbers. No one came in to look at all the facts and just closed us. I worked for that office for 10 years and those 10 years are down the toilet.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay was not good, unfairness, no advancement ect.
I enjoyed working there
Health Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed my job, meeting people and taking care of people. Being someone who listened and putting a smile on someone face when they need one. I enjoyed my co workers
Pros
Advance in work place
Cons
They changed 8 hours shift to 12hours shifts and not Everyone could work that shift
Management was horrible
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 3, 2018
I put up with the mistreatment for ten long years hoping things would get better. My only regret is that I didn't leave earlier. The benefits as far as health care are horribly expensive. You have to use PTO time for holidays.
Horrible Experience
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2018
The managers were unqualified and overbearing. The manager came and went as he pleased, but expected employees to be on time and stay late to make him look good to his boss. There was little to no career advancement. Even when you had PTO, you were not allowed to use it.
Cons
Short breaks
Good efforts but limited advancement
CLINICAL ASSISTANT/OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 31, 2018
I love working for Carolinas Healthcare/Atrium Health. However, an opportunity for advancement is limited to who you know. I have worked for this company, collectively, for 13yrs but opportunities for advancement are only offered to those, I feel, that have a relationship with someone in management. The screening process for opportunity is not fair.
Great Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2018
Great company. Wish there were more work from home opportunities. Benefits could be much better. At times- you can see favoritism amd you wonder if you work too hard- in comparison to others. Work isn't always valued. Managers don't get the recognition and compensation that they deserve. Management needs to listen to their front-line staff more often- they are on the front lines and keeping the doors open. There needs to be more inspection and accountability.
Pros
Great Company/Reputable
Cons
Getting hired can be difficult

Want to know more about Carolinas HealthCare System?

Ask a question
Management makes or breaks a department
Transfer Specialist, Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2018
If you have the proper management team, the employees will more likely stay. If the department is improperly managed, you will have a big turn over as in my case. Overall a good company to work for if you find the right department.
CLERK III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work, everyone is so friendly and helpful.Rewarding, positive, exceptional customer service, excellent benefits, diverse and cultural background, very family oriented. Positive management and job feedback.
A great place to work.
Certified Clinical Research Nurse/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the best possible care for our patients and making some of their life goals and dreams achievable. Patients come to Carolinas Healthcare because we are known for being the best.
the most enjoyable part of job when I worked in physician office
Access/Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJuly 19, 2018
I got to meet a lot of people from all walks of life and miss them when I moved to different position. I would go back to the medical office other clerical office position if possible
Pros
work closer to home now
Cons
longer drive to work at old position
Stressful place to work
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJuly 18, 2018
No managerial support. Demographic of patients in the area is poor and drugged out.
Did not receive all that was need to do my job.
I do not regret quitting
striving to be beter daily
Material Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
fast pace always something go on but some are made for this world some aren't, I just treat this as an opportunity for whats to come next, Sometimes by remaining humble other doors and opportunities appear
Pros
free food
Cons
parking
Not a fun, happy, or productive place to work.
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2018
The Medical director of the adult echo lab was one of the most unprofessional physicians I've ever had the displeasure of working with. The technical staff was very knowledgeable, and hard working. They were totally under valued and unappreciated.
Pros
Lot of high tech equipment
Cons
Very little positive interactions/feedback from physicians.
If you are more educated or know more than your supervisor - your job is in jeopardy
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2018
The work is fast paced and rewarding
You interact with a diverse group of people
Promotions are from outside with no experience
Management can be good, if you are a friend of theirs
Knowledge is something that isn't passed easily, for fear of losing positions.
Pros
Salary, freedom in schedules
Cons
weak management, intimadation tactics
Great company before they changed
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2018
Loved this company and would go back. In the future. I didn't like working in the rehab building. The management there didn't take care of it very well. The staff is overworked and under paid.
Cons
Rehab building was not well taken care of.
Exciting place to work
Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2018
Fast paced work environment that focused on the healthcare needs of patients. This job offers great benefits and room for advancement. The hardest part of the job was not being able to solve all of the patient's issues.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolinas HealthCare System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight