Carolinas HealthCare System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Run
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2018
No advancement. Unless you are in the clique your ideas are ignored. Supervisor may read at a 10th grade level- being generous. Nobody trusts management. If you want intelligent conversation you will not make it. Pay is small, benefits are very expensive. You use your own PTO for holidays. Unless you like tension and drama, do not apply.
Pros
Pay until you find good work
Cons
Everything else
Carolina Healthcare Systems
MLS/Editor/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2018
I absolutely loved working for this company. They believe in and stress excellence in the workplace and that's how I believe where we work and spend so much of our time should be. Our team was awesome and we were always required to have a daily quality scoring of 98% or higher.
No comment at this time
Outreach Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Mint Hill, NCJune 8, 2018
No comment at this time about the company. Doing your own research is always better because it allows you to gain knowledge. I feel that this survey feels a bit forceful. At this time I do not have anything positive or negative to say regarding the company.
Horrible Management
Rehab LPN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2018
Carolina Healthcare system would be a better place to work if they got rid of all current managers and started over. The managers are unfair, they discriminate, do not listen, and do not promote growth. The company as a whole only cares about money and not the staff or patients.
Pros
401k Matching
Cons
Management, Pay
n/a
Research Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2018
i did not enjoy my time while at CHS. i believe that a lot of that has to do with your department, peers and management, so it is not fair to make a whole judgment on the institution based on 1 employee from 1 department.
enjoyed
Registered Medical Assistant Atrium Health (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
I enjoy working here, many different sites and challenges . Lots of knowledge and benefits. Would suggest this employer to others without hesitation.
Great place to gain knowledge of the Industry
Provider Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Carolinas Healthcare System. I really feel working for this company helped groom my professional career. I was afforded opportunities to function in multiple roles which gave me enough experience to thrive in the healthcare industry
Fun place to work but long days
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2018
Learned a lot about the human body while working in the hospital. The doctors that I worked with were pathologists and the pathologist were very good about letting associates watch while they did autopsies and told us about what each organ did while in the body.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
short lunches, long days
work life
CNA II/ Medical Surg. Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2018
CHS is a great place to work with many opportunities to grow in the work place. If you are a consistent hard and dedicated worker you will move up and be offered a lot more opportunities. If you however want an easy laid back job that you can slack on, this is not the job for you.
Pros
great people to work with, regular advancement and overtime
Cons
work life balance
n/a
Medical Secretary; Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2018
I don not care to speak about the company I my exit was done
Very unfair and i have nothing else to say.working her was not too pleasant rather a stressful time of my life I would rather not comment
need more advancement
ED Psych Tech Observation (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 29, 2018
I find it hard to advance in this company, I have been applying to different jobs for over 3 months I haven't gotten one offer yet and I am qualified for the positions I'm applying for.
Good People to work with
Systems Engineer/Community Connect Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2018
Co-workers were great! Very laid back attitude in my division. I left because of Management, we had no cover for people taking advantage of us and they didn't seem to mind.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2018
I have worked for CHS, now Atrium Health, for almost 10 years. I have heard you can make more money at other facilities. Other than that is is a good place to work.
Workplace Culture
HR Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2018
The work place was acceptable of veteran experience. The onboarding process is very receptive to introducing new employees to the companies mission and vision.
Work envirorment
Inventory Management Tec (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2018
Its okay place to work. Checks never bounced, a lot of diversity which is good, and offers perks once you past the 90 day test. Promotions within departments are few and far between.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
too much ploitics for advancement
Good stable job.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2018
Stable but advancement difficult. Many layers of leadership which is difficult to maneuver. Although, this was a very driven advanced team culture and employees are the very best in healthcare in Charlotte area.
Pros
Felt stable
Cons
Low pay
Nice place to work
Supervisor Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
Good company to work for. Great working conditions. Management willing to listen to staff ideas. Flexible work schedule. Good benefit package. Pay rate in line with other systems in the area
My position
Medical Record Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
My day is scheduled job duties. I deal with insurance company requesting medical records on their clients. I deal with rules and regulations of NC privacy laws and requirement in releasing record to third parties.
From my experience...
MATERIALS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
I've had a great experience working for CHS thus far. A typical day at work is great. My manager checks in with us and makes sure were good. We do receive a lot of useful benefits.
Productive, fun and challenging place to work
Venipuncture Tech II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2018
CHS is a good place to work. If you desire advancement in your field or would like to work in other areas in the hospital you are given the to grow. You are encouraged to go back to school and CHS has will reimburse you if you pass. The culture of CHS is unity, teamwork, integrity, and respect among the employees and giving back to the community. It's a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolinas HealthCare System. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

56out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Carolinas HealthCare System.

Powered by Comparably