Carolinas HealthCare System Employee Reviews

Worst Company Ever
Surgical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
I can go on all day how this company screwed me but let me try and make this short. When I began working for the company I enjoyed being there. Then management changed and so did a lot of rules. Management sucked and Administration tried to ignore this. They rather get the low man (me) out than there precious management for whom where idiots. The pay sucks, but they do give a yearly bonus (up to $1000) right in January. That's the best thing I can say about this company.
Good place to work!
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 11, 2018
Good employer !Always wiling to accommodate staff. Great pay and 401k matching. Great tuition reimbursement program. Great pay time off and vacation hours.
Pros
GOOD managers
Cons
N/a
client focused
Registered Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCOctober 11, 2018
typical day at work would include med/surg, detox and mental health nursing. Shared governance offered to all employees willing to participate. Autonomy in nursing.
Pros
excellent teamwork
Cons
no meal breaks
Run as fast as you can!!!!!!
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  hospitalOctober 11, 2018
Constantly under staffed. 6 patients no Healthcare techs. No support from management. Complained constantly about safety issues and staffing only to be told to do the best you can, The insurance is a total joke. They own the insurance company we are forced to use. Then they charge you three or four hundred a month for coverage that is only good for a physical, everything else is out of pocket until you reach your ten thousand deductible for families. Talk about a conflict of interest. They have a monopoly on jobs which is how they manage to pay you well below market value. They own or run all the hospitals in the area so they pay you whatever they want. While the top executives racked in around 23 million last year.
Great company to work for
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 10, 2018
I loved working for CHS! Some of my management team was not very good and that led to my separating my self with this company. I was sad to have to go.
Pros
Benefits and friendships made
Cons
Bad management
Good place to work with pros and cons.
Pre services/Insurance (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCOctober 10, 2018
Good place to work depending on the area and location you work. In my opinion, the clinical patient "face to face" areas tend to be a little more enjoyable. I've work on the back end and the front lines.
Pros
Family friendly, Decent paid vacation, Decent retirement
Cons
Health insurance is mediocre at best.
Great organization
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2018
I loved working for CHS. I learned a lot and grew tremendously as a leader. I also learned a great deal about population health and taking care of community cities. I will never forget this organization.
Not the worst and not the best.
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2018
I've shared, established, learned,made friends,and enjoyed my work family at Atrium Health. Regardless of where you are, you will have good times and bad times. As a surgical technician I feel we dont get the amount of pay nor incentives as we should at Atrium Health.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, benefits
Rewarding and fun
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  CharlotteOctober 1, 2018
I enjoy working with patients and meeting new faces everyday. We work as a team. My supervisor has an open door policy which is very good for our team
Pros
Wow Cards
Cons
healthcare
High paced, patient focus practice, that worked efficiently.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2018
Eastover OBGYN is one of the premier practices within the Carolinas Healthcare System. Built on 4 core values of caring, commitment, integrity and teamwork that all employees are expected to follow.
Eastover has a team of 13 providers, that provide a comprehensive medical care in women's health.
The importance of team work was a critical part of a successful day to maintain patient satisfaction.
I loved being a lead assistant who worked closely with physicians to assistant in staying on schedule in a very high volume practice.
Pros
patient's came first, team work, respect an appreciation.
Cons
distance from home, expectation of # of patient's to be seen.
Very busy clinic but fun to work in.Staff are very concerns about the patiens.
Bilingual Registrar (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28213September 17, 2018
I will go back o work at carolina health care any time. It is a very good place to work. But at this point Im looking for f/tjob, between 7;30 to 2;30 p.M.
Pros
Work place culture
Cons
Some managers are not fair on making decisions
Great group of knowlegdeable techs!
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Working for Carolinas Healthcare System was a pleasure! I felt like I was part of the family. The place was amazing with State of the art equipment and southern hospitality.
Caring practice.
Access Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2018
We all come in each day and make it a great environment for our patients, although they could be coming in for a sick appointment we try to make them feel good about choosing us for their care.
Pros
WOW cards, letting you know what a good job you do.
High expectations, poor work life balance and pay
Home Health RN (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 14, 2018
High staff turn over, unreasonable expectations from management with poor work life balance. Good benefits but poor pay. Employees are not their most valuable asset.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Busy and productive work environment
CABLE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2018
Continuous and constant change. I learned in depth of what hospital telecom is all about. Employees in other departments for the most part are very helpful and informative in assisting you perform my duties as a cable technician.
CHS Review
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2018
Cons: Consistent changes at all levels, low job security, changes to health benefits are negative.

Pros: Educational Assistance Program, wide variety of locations to work
Great place to work and futher education.
Certified Nurse Aide II (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 9, 2018
Get to know a lot of new thing with healthcare. Meet new and old people from other countries. Management looking for new ways to improve care and make employees happy. There are a lot of different work culture there and they adapt to everyone. The most hardest part is patient load and having enough workers on all shift. I enjoyed working with my co-worker and working on all floors. It was a new experience coming from nursing home to hospital. There is a lot to learn if you are interested.
Pros
We celebrated all occasion and seasons.
Cons
Lunch and breaks weren't long enough.
Extremely fast paced with an endless supply of projects
Architect Clinical Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2018
Never a dull moment or even a down moment in this role. If one project is at a standstill or waiting on other team members, there are several more projects in queue waiting to be started!
There is never a lack of work available to be completed.
Senior Clinical Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2018
This is a great place to work with several rewards given to employees yearly. Work life balance is completely up to you. There is plenty of work available if you are interested in more work, and the opportunities at this organization are endless.
Relaxing place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2018
Management trust that you are doing your job. Rewarding to know that you are protecting people and keeping them safe. 3-4 4-3 rotating shifts ensure you get rest when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolinas HealthCare System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.