Caromont Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall not a bad place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 15, 2018
My experience with middle management was negative. I had a string of managers that treated employees like numbers, less like people. Very sad and frustrating.
Typical hospital environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 8, 2018
They have large nurse/patient ratios. Pay is not very competitive. They do have a great preceptorship program, but the pay is not good in comparison to the work involved.
Pros
Great nurses on staff
Cons
High nurse/patient ratio, pay not competitive.
Great place to work if you have no life. Work long long hours for little pay. Advancement in the company is who you know not what you know.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 7, 2018
CNA & RN's are rude. Your made to feel like your worthless. Not enough worker at times. Over worked. Only given one uniform. More management training is needed. Its who you know not what you know that helps with this company.
DETAILS are a must, must be aware of the diets at all times. Must be able to count will talking to another person .
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short breaks, not enough worker, high turn over rate
fast paced work environment, stressful situations
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 5, 2018
very hard and fast pace environment, always handling call reports, and monitoring cameras. Management to an extent was fair and just. Continuing education was always a plus. Enjoyed the team work everyone showed, but the hardest part was handling certain types of situations that would put myself in harms way.
Not recommended
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 1, 2018
This hospital is old and seemed dirty and needed new equipment. The management has changed and turned into a few friends who show favoritism. Lots of the employees have worked there for years and are not welcoming to newcomers.
Look forward to working with co-workers everyday.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 30, 2018
Each day is a new experience. Working with the public has its benefits.Look forward to meeting new people and enjoying each experience and challenge.
Pros
multiple locations
Cons
no full time work available
Caromont is a overall great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 21, 2018
Benefits for employees are awesome. they offer bonus pay for overtime worked and are very flexible with scheduling if employees are trying to return to school.
Pros
bonus pay
Cons
short staff
A great place to work
Manager- Training and Education (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 19, 2018
A day at Caromont is very rewarding if you care about health care , I truly enjoy the work that I do training my staff to make the environment safe for all.
Welcoming Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 6, 2018
I found it very easy to learn and ask questions during my orientation. My coaches were always super helpful and taught me everything I needed to succeed as a registered nurse.
Professional Organization
Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 28, 2018
Time management in this position is the key to success. Excellent Customer Service Skills and a Team Player. I learned in this position to never be judgmental toward and employee or patient as you do not know what may be going on in there lives. Treat them as you want to be treated Every Time, Every Day!

Want to know more about Caromont?

Ask a question
Friend Zone
RN, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 26, 2018
Caromont is very political based, its not what you know, but who you know. Promotions are given to friends of friends and not to the qualified individuals who deserve the job
Fabulous Place to Work
Registered Nurse (MSN)/Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 21, 2018
Caromont stands behind their mission to service their community. Caromont is a fabulous place to work and go a career. Caromont is family and cares about their patients.
It's okay.
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 21, 2018
It's an okay place to work. The upper management keeps adding more and more work to positions without adjusting pay reasonably. The people you work with tend to make or break the job, as well as the department. In all honesty, the worst part about the job is the pay. I feel as though working at a hospital sounds like you'd make a decent living. It's rather laughable.
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Cons
Low Pay, Short Breaks.
Descent place to work
RMA (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 7, 2018
A typical in my work place is very busy and fast paced.I like working with my coworkers. Everyone issues with Caromont is the across the board raises and no paid holidays.
Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 29, 2018
Caring facility that provided both education and overall good experience. There was great support from the management and physicians. They were willingly and always available to discuss any and all issues or questions I had.
Busy, but enjoyable place to work. Daily commute exhausting
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 22, 2018
Caring facility that provided both education and recognition for jobs well done. Support from management and physicians for all staff.Employee suggestions and concerns taken willingly and management always available to discuss any and all issues

Because of living 45-60 minutes away, travel became an issue.

Upbeat staff always positive and supportive of fellow employees and patients.
Pros
Limited schedule for part-time work
Cons
Extremely busy schedule daily
No chance to move up
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCMay 20, 2018
The job itself was not bad, and the staff was generally very friendly, but the pay was not great and without opportunity to move up, future prospects were bleak.
nice place to work
PATIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 14, 2018
I love what I do as a Patient Service Specialist. Typical day for me is greeting and checking out patients answering phones collecting co-pays. Also, I called pt to schedule health maintenance appointments. Scanning paper work is also apart of my duties. I try very hard to treat each patient with the respect they deserve complimenting them in all honesty through out the day. I love people and I'm willing to help whom ever I can. Caromont is a wonderful place to work. I have been secure in my job for over 15 years and that mean a lot to me.
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
no dress down fridays
Nice benefits
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCMay 14, 2018
Nice benefits package and hourly schedule is good. Pay is satisfactory. I wish there was more recognition on hard work but overall good company to work for no big complaints
about my job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 27, 2018
Caromont is a great place to work. it is a very busy and can be stressful job. The hardest part about the job is trying balance the work load with very limited staff. the most enjoyable part of the job is the some of the team work. great staff and many are hard working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caromont. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight