Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Loved St. Joe's
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 12, 2018
Great place to work. Very stressful at times and chaotic, but the staff was very helpful. Very team orientated. People that work there are amazing. There is drama, but theres drama everywhere. Management got better. Tenet is ok to work for, but was not a fan of them.
Pros
Staff are very nice and they really care
Cons
Tenet owned, they dont care about the patients, but the staff does
Fast paced and nurse patient ratio can be difficult to manage.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 26, 2018
Fast paced and nurse patient ratio can be difficult to manage. Manager had an open door policy and staff can come in and talk about their concerns without being judged.
Used to be a good place to work
Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 2, 2018
Ever since Tenet has taken over the moral compass of this hospital has suffered. We work with less staff that is safe for patient care. Also it is all about filling beds, not quality care. Management is scared into compliance with these unethical practices because they want to keep their jobs. I do not believe we provide safe or quality care anymore. Now they are forcing a rotating schedule on us, which means you may be working 4 12s in a 5 day period. We are supposed to be able to self schedule, but more than not we do not get what we requested. They want us to use our PTO when we would have plans instead of just working other days of the week. Night shift workers get day shift pay for the first hour of our shift, 6pm-7pm. Night shift diff is supposed to be 7PM-7am, however the day shift workers are not making the night diff from 6am-7am. Everything is all about money for the upper management, and to heck with everyone else. On my unit we had very low turn over till Tenet took over. Now everyone fears their job is always at risk. And the call off policy essentially forces you to come in sick or risk a write-up. You can not miss 2 times in 90 days without a write-up.
Productive and fun workplace
Preschool Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2018
Great relationships with coworkers and clientele. Positive working environment. On the job advancement via internet. Volunteer and CEO care assistance.
unrealistic expectations, poor leadership, low moral
ED & Admitting Rep/Bed Placement (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2018
unrealistic expectations, poor leadership, low moral, I felt a sense of favoritism in the work place which in turn made employees hostile towards both each other and towards management.
Isolated work area on overnight. only person in the area.
B.H. Therapist/PAT Team (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2018
Assessed patients who came into the ER and referred for clinical consultation.
Either very fast-paced or slow-paced environment due to work hours of 7:00 pm to 7:30 am.
Isolating due to only one therapist on shift at a time.
Either waiting for request for consult or 3 or 4 waiting at both St. Joseph's and St Mary's.
Nurse and tech I worked with were supportive and helpful.
I learned I don't ever want to work overnights again.
The job can be interesting just too either all or nothing.
Management was available and very hands off.
Pros
Healthy cafeteria
Cons
isolation
I worked with some of the most wonderful Nurses in this world.
Medical Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2018
This job was very rewarding. I worked with countless doctors and nurses from all walks of life. I was a member of the surgery scheduling crew. We maintained 13 surgical rooms at the time and handled all surgical appointments held within the operating rooms.
Pros
Wonderful People
Cons
I can't think of one.
Productive environment with great people
SURGICAL TECH (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 9, 2018
Enjoyed working with this company, amazing people, physicians, and experiences. Towards the end of my employment short-staffing led to brutally long hours, and management at the time was sub par. Since then, however, they’ve changed management and it seems to be a positive move. Staff is amazing, and physicians are great to work with.
Pros
Staff, physicians, benefits
Cons
Hours, mainly call hours
I enjoy working for Company
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2018
I love working here staff was fair and I would stay longer but I had to relocate. everyone was willing to help me feel at home this is a nice place to work for.
Pros
boss was super nice.
Cons
can't really think of any right now.
Gun to my head I would still not work here
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 1, 2018
Injured three times on the job due to intentional understaffing.

Management had me work injured.

Three preventable deaths in my last year there...again due to intentional understaffing to maximize profit margin

Avoid like MRSA
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Everything else
clinicals
Patient Care Assistant (Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 1, 2017
great atmosphere, amazing learning experiences. it was not a job just a great learning experience to apply to my future jobs. the PCTs there were very helpful
Surgical staff- Team work
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85711October 21, 2017
All Surgical staff, work great together and strive to get the patients taken care of in a safe but timely manner. Even as a student, the staff work hard to teach hands on practical skills.
Money oriented facility
Charge Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 28, 2017
Patient safety is at the bottom of Tenets list as they cut staff in every department. Management does a great job at working with what they have but often have their hands tied by upper level leadership.
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
Low pay
Decent
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2017
Lots of drama, its like high school but with a bunch of middle aged adults running around. Management doesn't do anything to resolve the issue. Only good thing is the schedule
Great staff and positive environment to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2017
Working as a PCT is a very demanding and fast-paced job, in order to succeed you must have good organization, but managers are great and supportive. All staff working in the Neurosciences department are great to work with and make busy, hard days much better. Develop good patterns to complete daily tasks and everyday although they are different will all be good.
Pros
Great staff and hours
Cons
short lunch break
rather not say
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 1, 2017
rather not say do to what i experienced with human resources. I did not have a good experience and it resulted in me having very high blood pressure and other issues. I did like the manger and thought she did what she could with what she had.
Changing
Inventory Tech (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 5, 2017
Waiting for the dust to settle.from the many changes. New management and many changes have taken place and more to come. There is nothing more to say ..........................................................................................
Supervision lie to you consistantly
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2017
when I was interviewing for the job,supervisors made so many promises that they never kept.Overworked and under payed.
You accumulate PTO quick because your not allowed to take any time off.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low pay, terrible supervisors, not allowed to take time off
Great workplace culture
MSW Social Worker II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 23, 2017
Good workplace culture and team atmosphere. Great leadership from case management director and others in administration. A typical day includes working with pt's from admission to discharge in attaining the needed resources for safely discharging either home or to a suitable living arrangement.
the most rewarding AND the most difficult parts of my job working with patients from all walks of life who are going through life-changing events.
Pros
Great workplace culture.
Cons
Lack of opportunities for advancement as a LMSW.
Great place with great coworkers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 13, 2016
My time working for this company was very enjoyable. The work and the people around were great.The supervisors and managers are very understanding and work with you through certain situations. Do your best work and you will be fine