Carousel Industries
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Carousel Industries Employee Reviews

United States137 reviews

While managing to balance a phone, AV, and IT network engineering department, they provide detailed systems to their clients. they strive to have their engineers and employees stay current with their certifications and industry standards. They will be a leader in all their fields.

Pros

virtual office work is approved

Cons

accountability

Enjoyable place to work

Relaxed atmosphere with little micromanagement. Pay was decent and room for advancement opportunities. Work/Life balance good with excellent benefits

Carousel Industries insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Learned a ton but very little chance for career advancement.

Teams support each other the best they can, stretched as thin as they usually are. The recent buyout/acquisition has resulted in a lot of "reorganization" (changes/terminations).

Lookback

Carousel was a good place to work just to much disconnect and to many layers of mid management. Paid training and pto was good. There was not much advancement due to mergers.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Mergers

Good until Covid 19 came along.

For most of my time at Carousel, I worked as a Voice Field technician/engineer. I was the only local person in the Atlanta area working on an aftermarket basis with mostly PBX equipment. I was asked to occasionally work on implementation projects as well. Mostly local, but sometimes out of town as well. Carousel did not have good lower tier management, but that did not impact me much as I was the only person in the area and I was able to manage myself well. I just tried to do the right thing, and that worked out a majority of the time. Poor management eventually impacted me when I accepted a remote support role. I was not given any job expectations, very little training on our support systems, and not even a phone call from my supervisor upon starting my new position. In fact, I don't believe I talked to my supervisor for months after I started my remote role. I persevered, learned what I could on my own, and I believe I did a good job, but eventually Covid-19 hit us all. Several force reduction ensued and eventually I was let go as well. I actually felt relieved when I received the lay off call. Carousel has since been bought out, so things could have changed for the better since I was there. Overall, I liked and appreciated my job there. Management could have been and may now now be better.

Pros

Excellent staff to work with, and frequently challenging work, which I like!

Cons

Poor management

Management makes things more difficult than it needs to be

Leadership holds people back from being able to do their jobs efficiently and often has no idea what the day to day work is. Management makes decisions without consulting staff or knowing the full impact and you are left to figure out how to make it work. Countless hours on phone calls from upper management that are completely unnecessary (1.5+ frequently) and often ends with follow up questions and no real answers/directions. Carousel was recently acquired by NWN and I really hope that the new company takes a very close look at the leadership team to figure out where there is room for improvement because it’s a problem. Just because someone is a manager, doesn’t mean that is the right fit for them. Unfortunately I have little faith that much will change and it’s too bad because we are losing a lot of great people.

Pros

Coworkers are nice, hour long lunches

Cons

Pay is not great, you are expected to be available at all times even during lunch for non-emergent issues, if you are a hard worker expect to be overloaded with work, they will burn out their good employees to make up for ones that don’t pull their weight.

Overall good place to work and have great relationships with my coworkers, tough time getting overall company direction. Sales is allowed to sometimes do whatever they want.

Pros

flexible schedule when needed

Cons

company vision, bonus structure

Sink or swim type of environment

Typical corporate work culture of sink or swim mentality. No formal training when I boarded. Benefits are ok, pay is low for the work you are expected to do.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Pay/benefits, work culture

Run with professionalism and integrity

Management follows the company’s code of conduct to a T and expects the same from everyone else.There’s no shady business practices or underhanded dealings.Everyone treats everyone else with respect and professionalism, whether they’re a client or a coworker.You can always trust the information you’re being given is 100% the truth and that you’re being given all the facts and not just ones that were cherry-picked to make things look better than they are.

Recommended

I’m not a fan of cold calling but I learned to like it. I was taught a variety of skills that helped me to develop professionally. Their training is really good and they don’t make you feel intimidated if you need to ask for assistance if you’re struggling.

Remote work opportunity for engineers

Working for Carousel is a great opportunity for engineers who are interested in working from home. I was given full autonomy in my role and flexibility in my day-to-day schedule that allowed me to work during the hours I felt most creative and productive rather than just the typical 9-to-5 business hours. I appreciated management’s trust and, overall, enjoyed the experience very much.

This is a very customer centric company. They’re willing to bend over backwards to make sure their customers are happy with the variety of services we provide. Thankfully, they’re equally as employee centric.

Employees are treated well

A job environment where every employee is held to a high standard. Employees who are hard working and focused are treated with the respect they deserve. Individuals with poor work ethic obviously face the ire of upper management. Just do the job you were hired to do and do it well and you’ll be just fine.

Sales

Fantastic sales opportunity. No cap on commissions. Once you learn the ins and outs, the sky’s the limit.

An excellent company

Good training program. The engineers are fun to work with. Good culture. Good commission structure. Middle managers always had our backs. Rarely saw anyone from upper management so I can’t speak for them. They employ a lot of people so I guess that’s another pro.

I learned a ton at Carousel

I work with some of the most talented people in the business. Ever since I started I’ve been rewarded, challenged and supported in nearly every possible capacity. I’ve learned while on the job and from the many incredible people I work with. It’s a great environment to learn and grow.

Getting better and paying more attention to diversity in the workplace

Several past employees brought the lack of diversity to management’s attention in 2020 and at first it seemed like it would just be something that went in one ear and out the other, but I’m going out of my way to write the company a 5-star review because that wasn’t the case. They heard the feedback and actually did something about it! Diversity trainings are in the works and they’ve already made it a priority during the hiring process. I’m starting to feel pride in my workplace again.

A good experience

I had a great experience at Carousel. I learned a lot and made many friends over the course of two years. I commend the management team for the support they’ve shown the staff throughout the coronavirus outbreak. I also commend the team for their strength and willingness to look out for one another.

Headed in a positive direction

I only see good things for this company’s future. The learning curve isn’t terribly high but then again that would depend on your level of expertise. They stand by their people through tick and thin and regularly show their appreciation for hard work and dedication.

Great company

- Generous pay and benefits.- Fun work environment.- Nice people all around (coworkers, managers, and clients).- Decent workload.- Drama-free office.

An awful place to work

Having done two separate stretches at Carousel in two very different departments has cemented them as one of the worst, most misguided companies in existence. The company was "very close" to transitioning away from their legacy CRM in 2016 when I initially left, and they were still using it in 2020 when I returned - a system so old and one the company was so unwilling to pay for full feature licenses for that it simply isn't compatible with the technologies they manage show an obsession not with customer success but with doing business as cheaply as possible. Training is nonexistent and what little exists is based on vendor tools and processes that can change with the weather.Carousel is a great place to pit stop for healthcare while you search for a job with meaning

Pros

You can screw up a lot, like, a lot a lot and it'll just be someone else's problem in a year or so

Cons

Constant crunch, lack of accountability

Common questions about Carousel Industries

Answered by current and former employees at Carousel Industries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carousel Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits