Carpenter Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work. Encouraged creative thinking and core values.
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bound Brook, NJAugust 13, 2018
Managed all plant operations with six unique production departments and 200 employees. Reviewed all orders and calculated raw materials required for production runs. Reviewed completed production runs for quality with the shop foreman. Scheduled and dispatched a fleet of trucks for customer delivery. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and coordinating employee training. Coordinated all production equipment and truck maintenance with department managers.
Pros
Great company with an outstanding management team and dedicated employees.
Cons
Great job to have, no set schedule for those who have kids
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2018
Overall great place to work awesome people as coworkers. The pay is good, the insurance in the best. Carpenter Co is one of the best jobs I ever had an I’m thankful.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No parking for new employees
Great company
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 8, 2018
The company as a whole truly takes care of their employees. I enjoyed the culture of the job, the time away from home was the part I didn't care for.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not much home time
Could be a great place to work!!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJuly 23, 2018
This could be a great place to work if there wasn't so many interpersonal issues, there appears to be a lot of favoritism. Pay is around what the area is, and the health insurance is extremely fair. While other branches of the company do allow room for advancement this one is to small to allow that.
Pros
profit sharing, health insurance, hours
Cons
no room for advancement, Poor people management
good/hard work, but a lot of drama
Slitter Operator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 12, 2018
this place is real good to work in if you don't mind being harassed by the seniors of the workplace and the supervisors. I guess you can say that you'd have to be connected with either supervisors or managers to succeed.
Pros
good hard work
Cons
favoritism
stable job but lacking in management
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Russellville, KYJuly 11, 2018
management is poor in some areas then others favoritism is a problem advancement is hard and working conditions are unfavorable breaks are inconsistent
benefits
Cons
poor life balance
its a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 10, 2018
it was very hot in summer and very cold in winter. The company would rather employ drones than hire and keep Quality people that will perform duties in the highest regard to making quality parts for the customer.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
employees are not respected
Productive and fun, destructive
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 7, 2018
we broke stuff happily away to let go stress work had great lunch and a talking break i learn how to build inside a house great work team nun to hard heavy lifting the most enjoyable part is wen we on break sometimes working wen our boss tells us a story and orders great food a day work was hard yea well not really i got paid to destroy and build but i want something without all the breaking and build i still deal with heavy lifting though
Pros
Free lunch, early let goes
Cons
None really
Always active and a lot of fast-pacing
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2018
Extreme working condition and have a fast pacing mentality when working. It is enjoyful and got the opportunity to learn new skills in how to drill a nail or just the basics in carpentry.
Pros
Worked on weekend
Cons
didn’t have didn’t have lunches since we would sometimes finish the job early
Hot and sweaty factory with bad management
Boxer/Bagger & Garnett Sewer (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 12, 2018
Treated poorly, no room to advance in the company, management doesnt care about your overall well being, If you are a good worker you get stuck doing harder more tiring work than others.

Want to know more about Carpenter Company?

Ask a question
large work area with open ventilation, great coworkers exellent training, interesting & satifying work,high quality custom carpentry designs.
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Hialeah Gardens, FLMay 22, 2018
Overall working as a carpenter apprentice was hard work but definitely paid off in the end when you see the finished work and the look of satisfaction on the customers face when the job was complete. produced high quality custom carpentry work for wealthy clients in and around Fort Lauderdale & Miami Beach area.
Pros
great pay & get to create beautiful custom one of a kind work, Fast & Friendly work invernment
Cons
long hours, open area work enviernment sometimes very hot weather
Unless your in the click your nobody to all management
2ND SHIFT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 19, 2018
Management has no idea what goes on and the supervisors are all just puppets to the upper management.
The operations manager doesn't even know proper edicate on how to conduct interviews.
Started out great, but changed very fast.
Loader/Checker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 9, 2018
The pay is good when you start out depending on what department you are hired into, but there is really no advancement if there is a job that opens up within another department. There are a lot of turnover from employees, because of the excessive rules and guidelines that the employee must adhere too. Once you punch in for work, you are not allowed to go outside on your breaks. You only get two 15 min paid breaks on your shift. Because of this, if you are a smoker, you are not allowed to smoke while on company time. Just before work and after work in your own car. The management is really bad. They like to show favoritism with the employees, and not write up or fire anybody for breaking the rules that have been set in place. If you are a person who is active on social media with your phone, I would not recommend working here, because you will get fired on the spot. Never was a problem with me, since I left my cell phone in the car while at work. Some employees have a great work ethic to get the job done, while some just do the bare minimum to get paid for the week.
Pros
Good Pay, Good hours
Cons
Short breaks, Poor management, No advancement, Favoritism, Rules and Guidelines.
Great Place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 20, 2018
There are many opportunities for advancement here. The people are friendly as well as the management crew. The work is very fast paced and hard physical labor is a must
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 17, 2018
Everyday i punched in at 1:54 and go to my department which was consumer. Get my schedule for the day and start getting my materials together. The forklift driver brought them to me. I then either ran a machine or was on the floor. If i was on the hole punch machine then i would simply take the pillows on the monorail off and through my machine which then would punch the pillow putting holes through it for a air flowed pillows on the stocking net machine then i just wait for the pillow to go through the hole punch and on to my belt which then i would put through my machine and it sealed stocking net around the pillow and then i would throw it on the other belt which goes through the stuffer machine. Where the stuffer person will put the pillow case on the pillow depending on what kind of pillow it is. Then whoever is on t he floor packs it out and gets it through the tape machine to tape the box shut and the robot stacks the boxes. then the forklift driver takes it to be shipped.
Not the best place to work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 3, 2018
Was once a great place to work. Upper management is horrible they are in denial that there old machinery is the main reason for the excessive downtime departments go through.
not the best place to work
Custodian 2 years full time industrial (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCApril 3, 2018
Carpenter was a great learning experience I hate the fact that they have senority ruling over those who are new comers trying to make it my job was bumped into feathers and I found out I was allergic due to being sick having coughing all the time breathing problems ear infections and bronchitis I was not expecting to be alleric.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
hours cut and job bumped unexpectdly at the last minute
I had a more serious experience at this job
Labor Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2018
The job had to get done right and on time. In this job you can learn things for your own usage. We are talking about home wise, how to build your own cabinets/dressers. It was fun in a way also i am not going to lie.
Friendly, Coopertive
Sew Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PAFebruary 11, 2018
Everyone worked together. I started work at 630a and worked till 7p. I walked in put my stuff away and walked to punch clock. After I punched in I went to my work station. The work was fast paced and quality oriented.
Teamwork
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoyed working here because I did feel as though as I was part of a team... from the front office to the workers in the plant, we all knew each other and got along well. I was always treated fairly there for the most part and would not have left had I not been laid off.