Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC Employee Reviews

Smooth-flowing job of steady work in scanning
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 16, 2019
Pretty straight forward in the working. Managers and Staff at the CRI office put folders together for me to go through and scan the important papers so that they could put the paper documents in their computer system.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Very Professional and family oriented environment
Experienced Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 13, 2019
The CRI environment is a professional and supportive place to work at. The Partners and management have an open door policy and have always addressed my concerns and questions. They help build your career and gear you to a successful future.
Strong Company
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2018
I learned a lot working for CRI and they have a great staff of employees and are a very strong and growing company with a passion for what they do. However, they need to work on their work life balance.
Pros
Strong benefits and salary compensation
Cons
No work/life balance at all
Busy
Staff Accountant - Tax (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 17, 2018
Very busy. Long hours. Variety of work. "Great work-life balance with the company"

Busy season was still very busy and could get hectic.No cons, terms of employment were up-front and busy season is supposed to be busy
A great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 27, 2018
Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI) is a great place to work. The company offers generous benefits and paid time off. They foster a great Job Work/Life Balance and offer Flex Time.

The Partners and Managers are outstanding. They are available for questions when working on a project. They are understanding and extremely approachable.
Laid back atmosphere with great opportunity to learn and grow
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSSeptember 17, 2018
I was able to work on anything I felt able. Everyone was amazingly helpful and kind. As a tax intern, they let me shadow auditors and go on an audit so that I would have ample experience.
Good Place to Learn
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2018
The open door policy truly gives us enough opportunities to fully communicate with partners and managers (I've had managers that get really unhappy/bothered when I went asking questions and they made me feel dumb). The upper management always helps us to solve problems, ask for documents and information from the client and make sure the processes go smoothly. The culture makes us feel like we can communicate any issues at any time (hope it's always the case going forward). All partners and managers are knowledgeable and helpful. They do their best to teach us things. In fact many returns are quite challenging. Workpapers are easy to understand: they indicate clear paths for us to find prior year information and treatments (but somewhat need slightly longer time to create them, but it's fine).
Pros
In-house CPE, Open Door Policy, Summer Friday Afternoon Off
Its fine
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 14, 2018
Typing a review is a pain. I'm not going to do this other then to make it through to the next part. I have no obligation to do so and I already answered the basic questions.
Hours
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLAugust 9, 2018
Money was more important to the company than anything else. You were required to work 55 billable hours during tax season. Sometimes you had to work 70 hours just to get 55 billable. You could not put the real hours that you work on clients. Because if you did that you were talked to because you were spend too much time. Although I was honest about what my qualifications were, I was expected to do more and not trained.
Family Oriented office with great pay, benefits and opportunities to learn
Tax Senior (Current Employee) –  AustinAugust 6, 2018
I have been enjoying my working experience with CRI. It's a great place for young professionals to start their career. I have been at different firms before, and I can assure you that I have had only positive experience with CRI. The upper management is very friendly and have open-door policy. CRI has very reputable clients from the area, and it has been a great learning experience to work on their tax returns.
Pros
CPE Week in Alabama, Firm provided dinner, financial assistance with CPA materials
Cons
Don't have anything negative to say
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJuly 17, 2018
CRI was a very good company to work for. Corporate culture was low and needed improvement. The firm has many outstanding Partners and employees. The corporate culture was low as the CEO of the firm was not well liked by a majority of the Partners and staff.
Good engagement experience
Audit Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2018
CRI is a good place to work with very open and friendly senior staff and management.There is some career planning but performance reviews are loosely followed.
Pros
Monthly mileage reimbursement
Cons
Poor follow-through on performance reviews
The training was not fully adequate. The other employees were professional and nice o work with.
PARAPROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT - FULL-TIME (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 1, 2018
A typical day at work passed by quickly. There was much to learn in a quick time frame.
Management was inconsistent sometimes very supportive and other times expected way to much from the employees.
Most employees were helpful and friendly, however it seemed that a few had an attitude of superiority and were condescending to new employees.
The hardest part of the job was understanding the many new software programs in a short time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was also the hardest...the learning experience. Most of the employees were as helpful as possible during the learning curve.
After working there for several months I was laid off at the end of tax season. I was told there was a lack of work. That was a big disappointment to me.
I was promised a favorable job recommendation by management.
Pros
I learned new software and work skills.
Cons
Long hours during tax season.
Auditor-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 30, 2018
CRI's culture is non existent! The only objective is to complete your job assignments in as little charged time as possible. You are expected to work weekends and work over 12 hours a day.
Fast-paced, Great Pay and Benefits, Stressful, Exciting
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLFebruary 22, 2018
Great firm. Just wasn't a good fit for me. I was let go, just so you know. However, you will be making billable hour plans and then you had best deliver. Plan on long work days (especially during tax seasons). Also, there are many social events which you don't have to attend, but you probably should.

You need to get in, win people over, and solidify yourself in the office. You should probably plan on eating many quick lunches at your desk while working. But, if you can put in the time and effort and still make you home life work, it's a fantastic firm to work for that has been growing steady for some time.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Professional work environment.
Cons
You MUST get those billable hours. May be asked to work 60-70 hours a week during tax season.
Fast pace, stressful during tax season, supervisor didn't like me
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37203January 21, 2018
The office is face paced and stressful during tax season. Growth of the company was fast and not planned well. Supervisor did not like me and was always watched and had no privacy. It used to be a great place to work, partners were great to work for until the CEO retired and company was bought by Carr, Riggs &Ingram.
Benefits
Cons
Being watched, supervisor not fair
Excellent Pay & Benefits. Too many managers with different requirements for same task.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Excellent place to work except for the strict billable hour requirements. Also, during tax season, you will be working 60-70 hours a week.

It was a quickly growing accounting firm which had been acquiring other firms for some time. This resulted in an office with managers who were previously different firms who had differing ideas on work requirements. I had situations where 1 manager would tell me to make a change to a claim packet and then another manager would come back later and have me undo that change and make a different one.

Also, they will sometimes not allow new accountants to contact clients directly resulting in a much slower working pace than other staff in the office that they are compared to.

Other minor issues.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor work-life balance. Individual managers were not on the same page.
Beware of CRI-Austin
Senior (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Cut-throat culture. Upstairs/downstairs segregation. Extremely high-turnover. Narcissistic management. Multiple processes for same task; inefficient. Beware.
Corporate firm does host CPE week held annually in May at one location where the professionals from every SPU attends.
Pros
CPE week
Cons
Training is only review notes
Fast Growing Firm; Needs an HR Department
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALDecember 20, 2017
Solid place to work, even with poor direction in place. Great benefits, and competitive PTO policy. Work load is manageable some days, and too much on others. Leadership needs to take a look at the actual people at the firm instead of only focusing on growth.
Pros
great salary and benefits
Cons
poor management
Toxic environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Niceville, FLOctober 24, 2017
Management micromanages workers and fires people after busy season. Expectations are extremely high but pay is very low. Management provides little to no training for new employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight