Carrabba's Italian Grill Employee Reviews

Found 1,279 reviews matching the search See all 1,285 reviews
Good food, but slow line cooks and long ticket times
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 17, 2019
I worked there for 22+ years, but the company has changed, and not for the better. They started giving out a million coupons and by one get one free offers and Amore Monday specials. They also took away the automatic gratuity.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful working conditions
Great Place
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 17, 2019
I started off as a grill cook/server and worked my way up to new store opener (Pompano and N Miami Beach Stores) Trained heavily with food techs to ensure proper storage, preparation and execution of all recipes to Carrabba’s standard. I was promoted to Kitchen Manager about a year after I started.
Productive and always doing something at the restaurant
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PA 19382June 16, 2019
You always did something. If you had nothing to do in the position that you are in, then you were helping other co-workers out with their jobs. The managers were great to work with. They helped you out when you needed help and they always knew how to take control and manage everyone during any busy days.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
N/a
productive and fun
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLJune 10, 2019
enjoyed my time working for this company learned a lot while working there, fun relaxed work environment at rimes but when the dinner rush started it was fast paced.
potential
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 10, 2019
With an extensive wine list, it's not difficult to increase check averages and make more tips. Good company, as employee benefits can be transferred to/from Outback Steakhouse and Bonefish Grill.
Awesome People, Bad Management
Server (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJune 10, 2019
I would suggest working there if you live nearby and need extra cash. I don't know of another location in Peachtree City that makes more money everyday consistently. Managers definitely are not the best, But they hire just about everyone. So great for a quick cash grab.
Hostess
Host (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLJune 10, 2019
Working here as a host sucks and I would not recommend it. I have to do just as much work as the servers do for less than half the pay. At the end of the night I’m expected to clean every single table (bus and wipe) at the restaurant and clean bathrooms and vacuum up the servers sections after they are cut. so basically be a janitor there... on top of rolling 2 full bins of silverware and setting every table. which is a bit ridiculous for the pay I’m getting ($5 an hour, $40 in tips on a SUPER busy night...) AND I work at the second most popular Carrabbas in all of Florida. So.... it sucks. the pay for a host at a slow carrabbbas is probably less than $20 a night in tips.
The servers there are making like $100 a night and I’m making around $40 and I’m expected to clean up after them? It’s super annoying .
I can’t wait to quit honestly and I’m only working here for another two weeks & im OUT. If you’re just starting out in the restaurant business and don’t have experience as a server, they’ll make you be a host for at least 6 months. & you’re probably better off just lying on your resume to be a server off the bat bc youll hate hosting & you’re working out of your pay rate.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Too much work for the pay, takes too long to move up
Good company and benefits
Server, Hostess, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 8, 2019
Good good company to work for. I *would reccommend working thetre to anyone along with sister companies. Good benefits after working there for at least one year with enough hours.
Pros
Benefits after one year
Cons
Short if any breaks
Stressful work place ask for alot and expect alot out of dishwashers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 7, 2019
Honestly 12hr for a dishwasher was the only reason i was interested in the job in the first place but then that job became a mess with drama bad management and bad co workers and lack of cleanliness and lack of consistency within the whole place and within two weeks there i got my head cut open by 9inch pans a stack of like 13 fell on me because the worker before didnt wipe the shelf down and that made enough water build up to make the pans slide off the shelf and right to the top of my head needed to get 2 stitches but before i even got to go to the hospital manager looked at it and said if it was me i would go to the hospital i dont think you need to go...also said you can work out the rest of you shift right dude i got blood running down my face i mean c"mon...after that the weeks just got worse with drama and stupidity and to top it off i was told i wouldnt get no less than 32 hours a week but for like 3 weeks straight i got 25 hours a week no thank you to much stress for me and to many problems
Pros
They pay well
Cons
No lunches..bad management..very stressful...
Good place to work.
Off premise (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 6, 2019
The company makes you a part of a fast paced ever growing team. I absolutely love my job. They will definitely help you to move up in the company if you are willing to put in the work and effort.
Fast paced goid money
Off premise (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 4, 2019
I love working for the company. I wish there was one closer to my house. The managers are friendly and work with you on your schedule. This is a great company to work for with chances to advance if you're willing to work for it. I highly recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Discount for employees
Fast paced and high quality food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 4, 2019
Carrabbas is known for its scratch made food. From soups to sauces, dressings and desserts. Their main focuse is serious food and excellent customer service.
I love the people I worked with but management was very poor.
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2019
A very relaxed working environment and the staff is great but lacked teamwork. Management was unprofessional and played favorites. I love the experience that I gained but wouldn’t suggest staying for long.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Played favorites
Not a productive work place and very unprofessional managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 30, 2019
Upgrade on customer service and employees service.... if the work environment was positive more positive customers would attend the restaurant.. provide a better work atmosphere
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Unprofessional management
Fun Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 29, 2019
Carrabbas was a fun and constructive work environment. I learned some very useful serving skills in the restaurant. Management was well rounded and very hands on.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Under staffed
Great place to work, great management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 26, 2019
Overall I really enjoyed working here, and I would again if I moved back to Mobile. The pay was good and I really can't complain about the work environment.
Pros
50% discount on and off the clock
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2019
I love this job. I communicate a lot with people so I end up becoming friends with everyone and talk to everyone. Everyone is really nice. The manager is good to you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Slow seasons
Amazing team to work with.
Hostess / Server / Carside / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 16, 2019
The Carrabba's team was very much like a family to me. I worked very long hours across multiple job stations at the restaurant. It really taught me how to function well in a fast paced work environment.
One of the best restaurants to work at in area in terms of money and wuality
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 16, 2019
I Had planned on staying at contraband for yrs to come...Mgmt was extremely poor...will elaborate more in person...Had a lot of theft, untrained personal, illegal activity, untruthful employees..
Pros
Great product, high earnings
Cons
Poor mgmt
Carrabba's is a nice restaurant to introduce you to restaurant work
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCMay 15, 2019
Had many good years here, they give you room for advancing, and competitive wages. The benefits are ok, they are not the best but they are offered. You have to be able to multitask and perform at a fast pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrabba's Italian Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight