Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews

fun productive many benefits tution reinbursement 401k
TEAM LEADER/FAB TECH/ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2018
i loved carrier it had so much to offer to its employees and so many benefits for employees and so many family outings and 401k matching,ive learned so much had several chances for advancement in my roles at carrier and culuture and people where awesome they had a union and tutuiton reinbursement
Pros
free lunches, free carrier products
Cons
mandatory over time on weekends
Good workplace to work at
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2018
The management has issues and for everything I knew how to do they didn’t pay me enough, but other than that I felt like the job was is a good place to work for some.
Fast paced and methodical work
Assembly and Packaging (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2018
Provided work experience and competitive salary. I worked at the assembly and packaging lines. The hardest part of the job were the long stressful hours standing up. The most enjoyable part of the job was competitive salary.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
long stressful hours standing up
Tense
Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2018
Argh. dated work environment. poor team morale. turn over in key areas poor work life balance. Management needs to treat employees as well as they treat distributors
it was okay.
Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 23, 2018
I really like being on my own outside the job i would deliver mail and parcels to the customers i learned how to carry three bundles of flats, letters, and news paper at one time while delivering parcels also i think management could be a little better but that's the job.I most enjoyed that it's nobody on your back they trust you to do what your suppose to do while out in the streets.
Company moved to Mexico
press operator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 22, 2018
Great job to work for until the company moved to Mexico. Was going to retire from the company but all that changed in 2012. As for the company coming back it would never be the same
Pros
Paid vacation health care 401k
Cons
Short break a lot of overtime
Fun Place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNMay 20, 2018
You start seasonal until you are hired full-time after normally your 2nd or 3rd year or based on performance. Plenty of overtime based on performance.
Pros
decent money
Cons
Point system, seasonal. march through august
Faced paced long hours
Machine Operator/Fabrication Tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2018
The management was good people to work for and they cared about how your day was going. The building was clean but the union was not helpful and still collected a percentage of your paycheck which was not to cool.
This was a love and hate job honestly
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2018
When I first got to Carrierbit was a great place, but a year after I started they began a process of elimination because they relocated half of the company to Mexico. Then it turned into a stressful working environment. I can’t to work everyday worrying about if I would have a job by the end of my shift or not. It was very scarce and I could not deal with it. I took a severance pay, and I felt as if it wasn’t enough for me but I did also take the education package, and o was able to finish school as a Clinical Lab Assistant.
Pros
Discounts and overtime
Cons
Long days and stressful management
loved working at this company
Master A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2018
between your co workers and management this job was absolutely great fast paced, bu there is no job in the plant or warehouse that was hard, you have every chance to advance in the company very quickly.
Pros
they will pay for you to attend college
Unexpected layoff
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2018
Benefits and day/hours are good job stablity is questionable. I appreciated the opportunity to advance within. But employee relation needs improvement.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Job stabilty
No room for advancement
Enterprise, Inside Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2018
No room for advancement. Good safety and technical training. Good personnel to work with solid company. Good benefits. Solid inventory and inventory control.
Pros
Great personnel
Cons
Static position
fun because it was a relax job
Technician (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 9, 2018
The people who surrender were very nice and the job was easy and very relaxing. I get along with my coworkers and my supervisor. I was very disappointing and sad because it was moved to Mexico.
It’s fast paced but they moved to Mexico.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2018
Working at UTC was fun but very stressful. The co workers and the friends are what keeps people going sometimes. There are many safety hazards if not paying attention to your surroundings.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Sold out and moved to Mexico
Great place to work.
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 8, 2018
Carrier Corporation is a place where you can learn how to advance your skills. Being a team player is what it's all about. Have the ability to perform as accurately as possible and completing work in a timely fashion. Being an employee of Carrier has given me the ability to not only enhance my skills but learn new things as well and be able to use those perfected skills else where.
great place and great people
Master A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2018
i was able to advance quickly and had great bosses, i was not looked at differently because i was a female i was given same respect as everyone else, the supervisors and management an group leader were just great
Pros
work was only monday thru thursday, anything over 40 hours was time an a half, sundays was double time, you basically got 2 vacations a year because of shut down for maintance
productive
Line Assembler/Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNApril 17, 2018
Carrier is a great place to work. I didnt agree with the layoff for some employees. Carrier has great benefits and it is a easy place to work. Good environment.
Great job just not for me
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2018
Carrier was a good paying job to have. Repetitive work and can get real boring but the pay is worth it i guess. Enjoy working here because it feels like you live there.
Wonderful workplace
Production Tech (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNApril 2, 2018
This job was very gainful and had many advantages. The management was very decent. This job offered many opportunities and many places for advancement.
Great pay
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2018
The union was not supportive of the younger workers and the company worked against the employee. the pay and hours were good when work was plentiful. They also had some horrible managers.