Carrier

United States784 reviews

Found 784 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,266 reviews
utcmexicounionairunithvacassemblylay

relaxed environment

Worked the same position for many years because I like my job. There's no higher positions available but the work life balance is superb for me. Need a strong backbone as sales people can be pushy.

Pros

work from home 10 hrs a week, several free events per year, great travel trips 1-2x a year

Cons

no job growth available, high deductible health insurance only. No branch incentive or bonus.

Not Stressful, But Lacking in Pay, Growth, and Learning Potential

Not a terrible place in some ways, but if you want to grow in tech this is definitely not the place. Not a bad place to retire, definitely not good for younger crowd.

Pros

Laid Back Management, Work-Life

Cons

Low Compensation, Old Tech, Politics

Carrier insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Workplace

Nice job & more opportunities to move around.They offer flexible scheduling as well as full time . They also have great benefits as well as good ways of growing in the company

Terrible workplace

Just an overall bad work environment. Managers are no where to be found. Issues always go unresolved. You’re basically just a number and will always be at work.

Fantastic team environment

I thoroughly enjoyed working in this test lab. Excellent team environment. Growth opportunities seemed promising, but high-priority work always seemed to trump efforts toward employee growth. Pay was below average for the area.

Terrible management

Huge and permanent overload, management promoting friends only, no respect shown at all to hard working and profession al People. Big turnover, absolute démonstration of incompétent micro management, this place is disgusting to work at.

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing. This has been the worst place I have ever worked. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management constantly changes therefore nothing is ever consistent. Years of service mean absolutely nothing. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic work environment, culture is awful. Company does not care about you at all.

Very hostile work environment very unprofessional

They have a high turn over rate because they treat their employees bad no sympathy for if you or your child is sick they give points out for being one minute late for work.

Pros

Bonus checks if you meet production as a whole

Cons

No off days

Malisimo

Mi experiencia en Carrier como contractor fue no trabajan calidad sino cantidad mucho favoritismo para ciertos empleados no siguen reglas de trabajo es un lugar donde te sientes stresado para trabajar muchos errores de trabajo no hay control de calidad contractor no tienen derecho de hablar porque te despiden muy mala experiencia tienen preferencia para hacer overtime solo personas escogidas supervisor group leader son lo mismo

Pros

Sin ningún beneficio por ser contractor

Cons

Supervisores y group leader tienen preferencia de overtime para las personas

Unprofessional management and ridiculous policies

I used to like working here a few years back. Within the last year, management has turned into the worst I have ever experienced. The turnover rate is at an all high, making us extremely short staffed. Our department decided to make a new rule for the new year that they will penalize us or potentially fire us for using the bathroom more than 15 minutes a day to “help metrics.” It’s been impossible to advance at the company even after taking on multiple projects, training new people, and being a consistently strong and efficient worker. No one cares about you and your professional goals. They hire mediocre people that are not properly trained and give extra responsibilities to these people. The customer service office has turned into a joke and I cannot wait to leave this company.

Pros

Remote Work

Cons

Pay, hours worked, micromanaging, unorganized, lazy management

What is the best part of working at the company?When you’re not there an hour on vacation What is the most stressful part about working at the company?And the management and most of the people you work with every single dayWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?You’re on your own find your own work, and there is absolutely no camaraderie among the techniciansWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?You spend most of the day, trying to find something to do

Neverending lies

They lie about almost everything before you hit the assembly line. You work 6 to 7 did days a week. No time off. You are on your feet the whole day. Some people had jobs the couldn't physically do but we told they had to do they. They will tell you they are giving you a bonus but will make it almost impossible to get it.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

No compassion from management and alot of lies

Never work for this company

I can’t think of any positive things to say about Carrier Guam. Let’s start by saying the benefits are horrible and the upper management does not care about their employees. The pay is the worst I have ever made in my 20 years in the trade. There is absolutely no training on big chiller equipment. There is no room or willingness for advancement. I would not recommend anybody seeks a career at Carrier Guam!!

Do not go

Management turns over all the time. Rules are not enforced fairly. Management consistently lies about scheduling. No hope for internal promotion. Do not go.

Stressful but profitable

Was hard work and not very good management. Often worked holidays and weekends. Strict and heavy workload. Favoritism to certain employees above others.

Pros

Good pay and health benefits

Cons

Bad management and training

Very nice pay but too many hours

The job has gradually become very demanding. It used to be M-F and sometimes Saturday's for overtime, never Sunday's. Ever since COVID happened, day and night shifts have been alternating 6-day work weeks and 13-day work weeks (for example, 1st shift will work M-Sat with Sunday off one week, then M-Sun the next, which turns into a 13-day week because we'd have to work M-Sat after that). The hours went from 6am-2:30pm to 5am-3:30pm at that. The best part about it was the overtime pay: time+half pay on Saturday and double pay on Sunday. The burnout just wasn't worth it all the time.However, what would motivate me back to working there are the co-workers. They are very supportive of fellow co-workers and most were like family, if I wasn't already related to them haha. They throw short celebrations on our breaks for special occasions such as retirement, holidays, they will come together to donate gifts to college students who are leaving or give money donations for birthdays/individuals who lost loved-ones or are battling illnesses, etc. The people are really great to be around!

Dead End Job w/ No PTO

Don’t waste your time. Your check isn’t consistent. One week you work way too much overtime. The next week they send you home after 4 hours. Hard to believe there’s even a union here. The welders there only start off at $19/20, which is a joke. Safety is a huge concern there especially in the summer. People fall out due to heat exhaustion all the time. And you don’t get any PTO even after a year.

Awful company is the only word

I'm going to be honest, at first I was excited to work for Carrier, but these people are so shady it is concerning. These people work you 12 hours everyday all year round

They are not about the worker

Carrier is good for a person with no life. They promise everything but don’t deliver. Anyone can take your position and move you out if you like to to work 7 days a week then it’s for you if you have a family don’t even apply. They like finding every excuse to start your 90 days over so you don’t get your raise. It sounds good going in but when you get their it all changes. I would not recommend. HR is really snobby (payroll lady) and looks down on the workers. If you try it good luck!!!

What is the best part of working at the company?The best part of working at the company is you get to pick your weekly schedule. You can do a full day or a half day. It’s flexible! This is great for people who have kids like myself. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stressful part is even though you can choose your days and how many hours you want to work sometimes if you not quick enough when the schedule first drop you can miss out picking your days. If they don’t have parts they cancel work every now and then or we get sent home early. And sometimes they cut our days down. Example: We use to can pick from Monday-Saturday now they only give use 3 days to pick from Monday, Friday, and Saturday. An extra day if we’re lucky. Oh, also we can only work 40 hours a week. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is very friendly. People don’t mind helping if you need help or training. They make sure you are doing okay. They’re always checking on you. What is a typical day like for you at the company?A typical day is doing your best at your job and keeping the rating up. Great rating makes everything go smoother.

What is the best part of working at the company?There is money to be made there. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The amount of hours are stressful and the last minute overtime. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Petty. Stay to yourself!What is a typical day like for you at the company?Come in and stand still for 10 hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.4
InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.6Career Opportunities
4.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight