Carrington College Employee Reviews

good job
Dental Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 3, 2018
good job. Good place to work. Students get great attention at this institution. The organization makes sure the students get great education and good jobs.
May 10, 2018

We work so hard to provide our students with a great education. Thank you for letting us know that we're doing the right things!

It was a learning experience that was invaluable.
Full time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAApril 30, 2018
I was able to put into action theories that I had learned in my Masters program and I feel that I helped my students to prepare for their nursing careers.
May 10, 2018

Thank for for helping our students in their nursing education!

I enjoy working at Carrington College
Associate Dean of Vocational Nursing Program (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 28, 2018
The management is supportive of the needs of the college. There is good collaboration between each department of the college. I enjoyed the company of the nursing faculties, who are very dedicated with their students. The most enjoyable part of my job is during the Pinning Ceremony, celebrating the students' success in the program with their friends and families. And of course, passing their NCLEX-PN exam. The students' success is the success of everyone in this institution.
Pros
Management support.
Cons
Long hours to complete tasks.
May 10, 2018

We love the pinning ceremony, too! Thank you so much for leaving a review. We love hearing about positive collaboration, leadership support, and wonderful nursing faculty.

Unfriendly
MEDICAL ASSISTING PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 21, 2018
This school was mis-managed. There was no room for advancement and the upper management individuals didn't seem to know what they were doing most of the time.
Pros
nice location
Cons
poor management
April 26, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your concerns with leadership. We will make them aware of your feedback.

Great place to get educated
Registered Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 18, 2018
Its a great place to work at just doesn't pay well for the cost of living in Fremont, CA. I work teaching the generation Y and its a challenging but rewarding job. The hardest part of my job is working over 10 hours a day cause HR is not able to find a qualified instructor to teach the MA Program.
April 26, 2018

We're happy to hear that you like working at Carrington. We will pass your feedback along to the appropriate departments.

Teachers Learn the Most
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 18, 2018
Arriving early at least an hour before class is needed to fully prepare for teaching a class of adults. One must be available to address student concerns in person, online, text and phone calls while on campus and off. Workplace culture was challenging due to frequent changes of management and staff and students being told different things by different people at different times, which made them frustrated and they, of course, vented that frustration on instructors. The most enjoyable part of the job was really connecting with students in broadening and deepening their knowledge as well as having some collegial colleagues.
Pros
Teaching skills honed
Cons
Lack of control over curriculum and assessment
April 26, 2018

Connecting with students is absolutely the most rewarding part of working at Carrington. We're sorry to hear that students took any frustrations out on you. Our organizational changes have helped us better serve our students, and hopefully this will help remedy some of the frustrations they have experienced.

Poor management leads to poor motivation
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2018
Had 7 managers in a year and a half with little direction or assistance with student issues or concerns.

Was not granted maternity leave when requested, told I had to work up until the date I delivered the baby.

Was not granted help with combative student and he was not asked to leave the program knowing he was a safety risk.
Pros
free school
Cons
no safety or security for one's well being
April 13, 2018

Qualified employee should always receive maternity leave, per company policy. We would like to learn more about your situation. Would you please email us at social@carrington.edu so we can look into these concerns further?

stressful
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 9, 2018
You are just a number, not valued. 12 years working there I gave my heart and soul to be unppreciated. Unless you are a yes person than you will be fine. As a company I really they lost sight of their values and mission.
benefits
Cons
managment
April 11, 2018

We're so sorry to hear that you didn't feel valued and appreciated. We value every Carrington colleague as so much more than just a number, and we're sad to hear that you didn't feel that way. We will pass your feedback along to the appropriate people.

Carrington
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2018
Horrible school. Teachers are never there they are always short in staff. The teachers don’t know what they are teaching so you don’t learn anything..
April 11, 2018

We appreciate you providing us with feedback. We would like to understand your concerns about our instructors "never being there" better. Please send us an email at social@carrington.edu so we can look into this further.

School
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2018
Hard work pays off great place to learn, having hands on in lab was a plush as well only thing the instructors need to be more permanent different teachers would come and go . got kinda confusing
Pros
hours
Cons
commuting
March 16, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We're happy to hear from you, and we'll pass your feedback along to the appropriate people.

Poor Management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2018
Carrington had poorly managed every possible department in their institution. From poor management that had absolutely no idea how to run a campus, to policies that would compromise a student's quality of education so they could cut corners.
March 15, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review. Our organizational changes have been made to help us better serve our students. We're sorry you felt that campus leadership could have done a better job. We will make sure the right people see your feedback.

no stability
Enrollment Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 2, 2018
A lot of changes/lay offs without notice. The job duties change continuously, there is no room for growth. The company does not invest in the campus or it's employees.
March 6, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. While we strive for colleague stability, our past organizational changes were necessary to help us focus more on our students. We will make sure the right people see your review.

Good.
Instructor, Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 21, 2018
I loved my job of being an instructor but didn't like the politics, the clicks, and the turn-over of management/ownership. Other than that would teach 4 classes back to back, grade paperwork, and to extra help with students who needed it.
February 27, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're happy to hear that you loved your job as an instructor. We never want any colleague to feel excluded or disappointed in management, so we will direct your feedback to the appropriate people.

Productive workplace, changed lives
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2018
-Respond to voice messages and emails
-Contact sites to see if they are interested in hosting our students for possible externship
-Draft and execute Affiliation Agreements, Contracts
-Resume, cover letter revision, conduct mock interviews
-Assist graduates in securing employment
-Contact sites to see if they are interested in our students for employment
-Make sure bills and claims for injured students are taken care of

-I've learned how to communicate effectively with others and how to use Microsoft Office in depth

-Management supports us

-Workplace culture is evolving for the better

-Hardest part of the job is after really connecting with the students and seeing their struggles and hearing what they go through because you only want the best for them

-The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the positive change in our students and watching them succeed
February 20, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and always making your job all about our students. We couldn't agree more that they are the best part of working for Carrington!

I wouldn't recommend it
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 6, 2018
At the tim i was leaving all the managers and executive directors were being fired. Now the schools are run by regional managers who are never there which made the school complaint go up.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Hours, no advancement, no pay increase
February 14, 2018

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts on our recent organizational changes. While we didn't fire "all managers," we have shifted things around to let us better serve our students. We will forward your feedback to the appropriate people.

Faculty, nursing
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 3, 2018
Very poor management, inefficient and unproductive director of nursing who wants to please everyone vs being a leader. Shameful support and complaints are not dealt with. Only put on a happy face or you will be chastised.
Pros
Cons
Too much to list, stay away!
February 6, 2018

We appreciate you telling us about your experience. We read every review and have set up internal processes for listening to and acting upon colleague feedback so we can support our students and colleagues as best we can. We're sorry you didn't feel like your feedback was heard while you were a colleague. We will direct your concerns to the appropriate departments.

Relaxed
Office Work Study (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 1, 2018
I would answer phones, Assist both students and Instructors and other Staff, Filing, I would use the copier, I archived many old files, I processed incoming mail and made sure it went to the correct person
February 6, 2018

Thank you for letting us know that your experience as a work study student was a good one!

N/a
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I learned to be self reliant and to stay focused. It is great knowing you serve students that want to be their best. It makes a huge difference when you work as a team.
January 16, 2018

We completely agree that the best part of working for Carrington is getting to serve our amazing students. Thank you for leaving a review!

Great place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 4, 2018
I had a lot of fun working at Carrington College. It was a great place to work at cause it was the same place I went to school at. On the down time I could get all my homework done.
Pros
Place to get all my homework done at
Cons
the hours of work
January 8, 2018

Thank you for telling us you had fun working at Carrington! We're so glad you chose us as a student and colleague.

Changes
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 22, 2017
With the current changes there is can be some unrest with in the staff.
Each campus has the ability to create a positive work place and each campus has been able to reach and help the employees as needed.
Pros
can be family friendly
Cons
to many staff go into a protective mode
November 27, 2017

We appreciate your feedback on how we can do a better job to foster a positive environment for our colleagues. We will pass your comments on to the correct people so they can hear your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight