Carrington College Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Math Instructor, Tutor (Former Employee) –  Albquerque , NMJanuary 14, 2019
Management let me set up the
college Algebra class and run it the way I thought it should be run for a college class.
I learned that it is difficult to become a nurse. There are many subjects that come quickly and require much studying.

When I tutored math for the students they were appreciative and payed attention. This was enjoyable to me as a teacher.
Pros
Great students.
Cons
Would have liked more hours.
Ok
Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 26, 2018
It used to be excellent with the company before the merger..great tuition benifits, good fun workign environment..now it is uncertain. No one knows if we are coming or going. I wish they promoted from within and gave everyone a fair chance. I wish management listened better to employee concerns.
Cons
short breaks
Stressed to perform
ESR (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 3, 2018
In a for profit environment, it is get the person, get the lead and get them in, no matter what. Calls, Calls, Calls.
Horrible environment.
In enrollment it is sales, sales and more sales. They do not care about the best interest of the student and what they will be paying. It is get them in the door.
What I learned
Enrollment Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 11, 2018
I learned that you have to be a "Telemarketer/Salesperson" to work this position. Must be able to adapt to their requirements withing time-frame given. Be a top-notch representative of the college. Ready to be on the phone for hours and hours. Meet with students and have excellent referral/enrollment rate. Be ready to be persistent, smile a lot, and don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.
I had a bad experience here, but to the right "Fit", you will have a pretty great job. You just have to fit in to this role perfectly.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
My Cons are about my fit. Just be a good fit.
Bodies
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2018
Higher ups are more concerned about getting bodies in the door than the abilities of the students. The people working on campus are very nice and usually a pleasure to work with.
life changing
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 24, 2018
it was very fun, active, challenging, motivating, and many other things. before entering school I had big expectations, but the process lead me to create even greater goals.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Every employee here at Carrington College genuinely cares and are compassionate about their positions. We all aim to create the best environment for our students and make sure that they are getting the best out of their education.
Rewarding
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 22, 2018
I was the Billing and Coding instructor for two years. The job was very rewarding but the pay was a little low for the experience. They did give me a position as part-time with benefits, one that is now eliminated. They only hire visiting instructor by 6 week renewable contracts or full time - nothing inbetween and full time positions are few and mainly for program directors.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Low pay for the experience needed
Teaching
Massage & Fitness Director and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 26, 2018
Working with students that are looking to learn something new everyday is a great experience. As an instructor you need to have something new to peak interest and keep students interested. It is a challenge but it makes the day more productive.
Pros
Teaching a new concept everyday
Clinical Nursing Instructor a (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2018
The working environment was great, the staff members are very likable, the work schedule was flexible. You have a lot of opportunities to grow. It allowed me to continue on my degree while working
No ot pay
Senior Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2018
A full time educator when asked to add additional classes, instead of paying OT, they pay would by "contract," which is basically minimum wage, $11.78 to be exact for didactics, which does not make sense. Flex hours (remote work from home for prep/admin work) encouraged by the company was removed by the main dean of nursing, while new dean works remotely from home multiple times. New main dean has poor work ethics. The Associate Dean for the VN program is very professional, organized, well structured, and very hard working. The RN assistant dean is very good as an instructor but as an assistant dean is very passive and does not speak and support to back up his staff educators.
Management was lacking
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 6, 2018
The infrastructure was restructured and peoples job titles changed. When this happened, the campus I was at imploded. You never knew who you could trust.

It was made blatantly clear that there would never be room for advancement if anything there would be demotions or layoffs in the near future.
Pros
The students
Cons
The management
Campus is conducive to learning
Visiting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
The college facilities are excellent; culture is friendly. Contract job-seekers should be ready to take work home; not much time to tutor students during work hours.
Pros
Excellent facilities; friendly working conditions
Cons
Too much work in too little time
Does not value employees and has unethical student policies
Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
No colleague support in dealing with student issues and concerns. Carrington says they have TEACH values but show poor respect or care for their teachers, directors, and students. Leaders fail to follow policies when students are demonstrating intimidating behaviors towards faculty and other students.
Leaders prefer to change student policy at will and intimidate faculty into following unethical procedures. Colleagues have no voice, are offered no career development, no promotions. Only those who are “in the good old boys’ club” are provided positive feedback.
Good and ethical instructors are intimidated into resigning in the middle of courses and leaders fail to find suitable replacements leaving students without proper instructors.
Little to no class approved adjunct teachers to provide coverage for full-time colleagues for vacations or illness. Students are often left with no instructor for the day, or a "non-teacher" is sent to "babysit" students. These are adults who pay a substantial amount in tuition but are often jerked around through poor leadership decisions.
Pros
Drive time from home
Cons
Disrespectful to employees and unethical application of policies
Not likely to be open much longer.
Faculty, Full Time, Veterinary Technology (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 14, 2018
Mostly good crew of immediate co-workers and colleagues, but DeVry headquarters and upper management are trying to kill off the Pomona Campus. Veterinary Technology is the only program left and does not receive support from corporate.
Pros
Schedule
stressful
Program Director, Instructor, External Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2018
Lots of stress and no consistent accountability. No work/Life balance or relief. Lack of upward mobility unless you were one of the in-crowd or mean kids.
June 7, 2018

We're so sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your time as a Carrington colleague. We will make sure our leadership team sees your feedback.

I liked working for Carrington College
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 7, 2018
I had a great time working for Carrington college, I worked for them over 10 years and was upset big time when they had another company come in and take over the maintenance/ janitorial that was a sad day. Loved all the people i worked with. It was a good time.
May 10, 2018

Thank you for working with us for so long. We're happy to hear that you liked working at Carrington.

good job
Dental Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 3, 2018
good job. Good place to work. Students get great attention at this institution. The organization makes sure the students get great education and good jobs.
May 10, 2018

We work so hard to provide our students with a great education. Thank you for letting us know that we're doing the right things!

It was a learning experience that was invaluable.
Full time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAApril 30, 2018
I was able to put into action theories that I had learned in my Masters program and I feel that I helped my students to prepare for their nursing careers.
May 10, 2018

Thank for for helping our students in their nursing education!

I enjoy working at Carrington College
Associate Dean of Vocational Nursing Program (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 28, 2018
The management is supportive of the needs of the college. There is good collaboration between each department of the college. I enjoyed the company of the nursing faculties, who are very dedicated with their students. The most enjoyable part of my job is during the Pinning Ceremony, celebrating the students' success in the program with their friends and families. And of course, passing their NCLEX-PN exam. The students' success is the success of everyone in this institution.
Pros
Management support.
Cons
Long hours to complete tasks.
May 10, 2018

We love the pinning ceremony, too! Thank you so much for leaving a review. We love hearing about positive collaboration, leadership support, and wonderful nursing faculty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight