Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Okay place
Default Document Analyst (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Same day typical daily work
Not much to learn from Management
No career plan
People / worker is fun and nice we are like family
I like their generous vacation and time off
Pros
fun and family feeling envorement with all the employee
Cons
No room to improvement for people with higher education
Good Place to work
QA Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Carrington is a great company in which to work for, Carrington cares about its employees not just its customers. Carrington is always striving to be better and offer an amazing experience to its employees and customers by providing a level of service that you cant get anywhere else.
Stay for the management
Tax and Insurance Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INJanuary 24, 2019
My supervisor and direct leadership is amazing. I work with a great group of people and love my department. I feel very supported by my supervisor and am confident in her skills.
Avoid This employer
Sr Retail Underwriter (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 23, 2019
Work Life balance does not exist. Unprofessional manner in which layoffs are handled and made employees being terminated feel like they were criminals. Favoritism runs rampant and company will tell you what you want to hear but not follow thru.
Pros
they pay high because its only way to get you to stay
Cons
Management has no idea what they are doing
Horrible company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Horrible company the have alot of layoffs and management is poor I was ignored for 2 weeks. Alot of politics .......................it is a what have you done for me lately company. Management is really bad unprofessional.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, politics, easy replaceable, too many cons to list.
Fun envirvoment - the employees all got along with each other and had a good bond.
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2019
Well as a seasoned veteran in the mortgage industry having being involved in it for over 12 + years. Carrington didn't offer as much incentives as the other companies. In my humble opinion they were not looking for rock star sales employees but rather newer, fresh trainees that they could milk and train their own way.

For someone like myself I didn't need the training as I have plenty of experience doing finance and mortgages in my career and succeeded to the top of the food chain in sales in my 1st month before even knowing the computer systems functionalities. Sales is all about rapport and relationship building with clients and getting them to open up to you and trust you and that's where I excelled at.

The management basically left me to my own devices as I was top producer making them money and myself money so I wasn't really helped or trained during my tenure there.
Pros
lunches once a week, charity events once a month
Cons
long hours, weekends, sometimes unrealistic goals, not the best quality of leads we had.
Bad place to work
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 13, 2019
You get paid well however management is terrible. Management cares nothing for employees and treats them like numbers instead of people. You are easily replaceable.
Good place to get in the game
Processor II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Fast pace and lots of hours. Plenty of opportunity to learn and get skilled at customer service. Works best for new to mortgage industry looking to learn the ropes.
Stressful atmosphere.
Customer Service Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INDecember 18, 2018
There is not a lot of interaction for learning & development. There are not enough funds designated to be available for software development to enable easily met goals for the established new targets that are expected of the employees. Very manually intensive and many updates could be utitlized to improve the ability to meet expectations.
Pros
free lunches periodically - pizza typical
Cons
frequent mandatory overtime
great flexibility and benefits
Special Servicing Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 11, 2018
Awesome place to work at, plenty of cross training with multiple departments. great environment with fun friendly peers. Management team assist well on ensuring that you have all the tools to perform your daily duties
Company is OK, but low pay and difficult to get a raise.
Claims Department Quality Assurance Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 27, 2018
Working in the claims department is frustrating because management leaves a lot of things unclear and gives verbal instructions rather than putting clear directions into writing. Company is OK, but low pay and they like to hire outside company for supervisors and managers.
Just my opinion
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 26, 2018
Carrington has the potential to be one of the best services in the Industry if they were smarter about the acquisitions they would purchase and people were not promoted based on who they knew. They are behind in tech but will buy sponsorships in sporting events. I was thankful for my time there. I'm not in anyway speaking bad about the company because they allowed me to work there, but there are of course changes that could be done to secure peoples jobs and the business.
Not a good experience
Senior Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 21, 2018
Unrealistic expectations and targets. Always changing and only for management to get their numbers not enough leads for all, slow processing, underwriting that does not want to make deals happen. Management with little to no experience in the industry. Call monitoring to ding your commission. Way behind the time with technology, an old company trying to rebrand a tainted name in the industry to Vylla loans, with no clear plan on making homeownership simple like they advertise. If you are an experienced loan officer I would advise you to look elsewhere.
Pros
Some catered lunches you can try to get food
Cons
Processing, underwriting, management
Stressful
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 18, 2018
it's been many years since I worked at Carrington, the working environment was very stressful and not employee friendly. At times it felt as your employment was driven by your personal relationships had with executive management that defined a person's career growth.
Cons
working environment
Lack of support and understanding at the executive level
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 13, 2018
This is the worst leadership I've ever had in over 30 years in the work force, specifically 25+ years in the corporate banking and finance industries.
Cons
Basically a sweat shop with good compensation
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 12, 2018
I knew this going in and worked long and hard to make good money for two years. I’ve heard the comp is less competitive now. Sr management turned over several times during my short gig, so there was some upper management toxicity passed down. When the market slowed I was glad to be let go in one of the several recent company wide layoffs.

Tough company to work for, so just know what you’re in for before you sign up.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Sweat shop environment and awful parking situation
Paycheck Job
Senior Mortgage Underwriter Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 6, 2018
Con: Company location not practical very rural and remote. Pros: Compensation on the high scale to compensate for companies deficiencies in other areas.
Refer to below.
Retail Underwriting Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 30, 2018
CMS was extremely focused on customer service but at the expense of making unrealistic productivity standards of the operations teams. There was a disconnect at a senior management level with respect to overtime allocation through out the month and not just two days at the very end of the month and holding all team members accountable and not just a few.
They did not compensate for a job well done.
Default Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INOctober 18, 2018
They did not compensate for a job well done. Promotions didn’t come with much compensation. More responsibility and no extra money. Employees were not given fair evaluations with pay increases.
Productive and fun place with basketballs games carrington bucks
Bankruptcy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 18, 2018
Carrington is a great comp[any to work for. I learned the different laws of the mortgage industry of all the other states. My hardest part of my job was learning the different verbiage on not failing the QC calls. My team was the most important part of my day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.