Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Sad Place to Work
Foreclosure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Carrington Mortgage has ridiculous policies. You are not allowed to have a foot rest without a doctor's note. Even though it's well known that elevating your feet will reduce swelling and the likelihood of blood clots for all people. Also, you are not allowed to have a heating blanket or a heating pad. Carrington Mortgage claims that there was a fire risk due to the plug. Well Carrington, everything in that building is ran off the plugs. The microwave is more likely to burst into flames than the heating blanket. A computer is more likely to blow up during one of your power shortages. It was just another excuse to micromanage. -- This company is downsizing. If you make over $40,000 a year your head is on the chopping block.--Management is always negating. If you say the sky is blue they will argue that it is green. They like to ask for feedback and then shoot it down, constantly. Better off just keeping your mouth shut and nodding your head. --No raises or promoting.-- The company treats Employee Appreciation Day like just another day on the calendar.
Pros
Good PTO.
Cons
Condescending management, ridiculous policies, low Employee Appreciation.
Interesting experience....
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 13, 2018
This is not the company for experienced professionals, as executive management doesn't appreciate any of that goes with an experienced professional. Most negative staff level folks I've worked with.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Productive and fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2018
All in all good company to work for. There was just to much favoritism in certain areas where individuals who didn’t perform the work received high praises or promotions versus the ones who did the actual job.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible schedules
Cons
Favoritism in certain areas
Corporate culture very stiff
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 5, 2018
Based on my personal experience, the company itself is reputable, however, the corporate culture within the finance and accounting department culture was somewhat stiff.
Poor Management Skills
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INSeptember 3, 2018
Carrington used to be a good place to work until they started making changes. Have had 2 large layoffs in the last six months. Management is like the blind leading the blind
Pros
Pay, poor management
Cons
management, lack of communication
Upper management lies to your face
Operations (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INAugust 29, 2018
Upper management is terrible but some coworkers that work there are great. There is no sense of value from the higher ups and nepotism is rampant. I would not recommend working here as the company has done three sets of major lay offs in the past year.
Pros
Cons
Under paid, they won’t match the 401k, and keep delaying merit increases that were supposed to be at the beginning of the year
Poor leadership and work/life balance
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 20, 2018
A typical day at the office varies on a daily basis. They can change your job function whenever they choose and they do not offer a reasoning behind it. I have not really learned anything new except for their policy and procedures. If you are not a favorite for management, then you are left to fend for yourself. Management follows whatever rules they choose. The culture is very low. Leadership and lower management cannot give you straight answers on why somethings are done the way they are. They ask for your opinions on process improvement and ways to make the company better, but the opinions are not taken into account and are overlooked on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. They set unrealistic expectations on the employees that are not favorites and then wonder why we do not reach them. They state that we all work as a team, but you very rarely see a team lead or manager jump in to help out on special projects. They state that they only hire people with some mortgage experience, but that is not true. Vast majority of employees do not have experience but are ranked above the individuals that do. Leadership/management wonders why morale is so low, but when they ask us why they do not want to fully listen or take our advise into consideration.
Pros
Own cube space, multiple monitors to work off of, not a lot of pros
Cons
High stress level, poor communication, management doesn't want you to interact with others
Overview
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 10, 2018
This business stands behind their motto of "Serving the under-served" for those customer with past financial difficulty. As an employee, the business is all about the numbers and always the "Push" to get there. At Carrington, the business comes first. The work/life balance comes second. Voices of employees may be heard, but not often recognized. If you lack emotion and you have the pedal to the metal mind-frame, you can make a good wage at this company.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance
The Bankruptcy Dept is not very good to work for.
Bankruptcy Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 9, 2018
The Bankruptcy Dept. was a new Department and did not prepare or anticipate how much work it takes to work the loans. The turn around there is HUGE. The Management does not provide any real direction. If you made a suggestion, comment or idea..... you might likely be canned soon after.
One of the CEO'S actually cursed on a company wide call and then sent out an company wide apology in an email the next week.
Good
Loan Counselor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 3, 2018
Very fast pace, handling several different departs questions and answers besides our own department. But we all strived to make our goals. It was a great team.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Good I T team work
Blackberry Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with the I.T. Team. We all worked together as one, worked with fantastic clients and all of us knew what our work role was and took ownership of our work.
Pros
Great Teamwork
Cons
Great place to work, nice people.
Bankruptcy Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 1, 2018
I love this company, great place to work and nice co-workers and management. Also offers great benefits, free food and lots of activities for employees.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
No 401 K Plan
Poor work environment, would not recommend
Loan Setup Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 27, 2018
'required' 12 hour work days are common. The money is not all that great, and there is absolutely no opportunity for advancement unless you are hired in a management position. In the time I've been with the company I've seen one promotion, and that person was demoted back to their original position within 2 months. When you accept a position at Carrington you are walking into a dead end job.

There's no training whatsoever, no preset way to teach new employees or 'enhancents' as they love to word it. Employees are really just expected to learn through trial and error, which would be fine if errors didn't potentially cost the company thousands of dollars and people their jobs. You learn from the random facts co-workers drop when you ask questions, but there is no set guideline to right and wrong. Worse of all the policies change on a daily basis, depending on your managers opinion that day so for lots of things it's never possible to have a static answer.

The company higher ups constantly talk about how great business is and how much money the company is making. Yet none of that is returned to the employees in any way, shape or form. There's no 401k match, no yearly bonus or salary review, or even a holiday party. This past year they laid off 15% of the company with no warning, all while telling us the company 'is doubling in size this year' and that our 'jobs are secure'.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.
Pros
Suicide prevention hotline is only a phone call away
Cons
Lol
The worst corporation I have ever worked for
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 27, 2018
I have never worked for a company more poorly managed from the top down. The level of ignorance and incompetence displayed by management on a daily basis creates a volatile and extremely stressful work place. This company literally only offers a paycheck. I would strongly discourage anyone from applying with Carrington Mortgage Services.
Pros
Technically a paycheck
Cons
Everything else, Associates are overworked and severely underpaid, No 401k match or chance for a raise, Overpriced insurance, Extreme micromanagement
Good Place if your Manager is experienced
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 24, 2018
Communication was not as good as the expected task performed. You would do the task and find out someone else had already done it. Green Manager couldn't communicate.
Pros
Lunch and Learn
Cons
Manager, No matching 401K
Reality of Company Philosophy
Analyst (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 11, 2018
The company uses the FISH philosophy and while management tries to "sell" it to staff, it really is only a marketing ploy. The lending business gets more focus than servicing and expect layoffs even when they tell you they have forecasted the layoffs to prevent any in the near future.
flexible work schedule but no raises
Sr. Foreclosure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2018
Does not give raises. Promotes from within. Raises given only when your title changes. Lacks culture and default servicing are all new management with less than 7 years or less in experience
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no raises
Would not recommend
Account Manager/Processor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 10, 2018
Totally changed from when I started required to work 12 hour days when never disclosed when hired. Management is horrible no training whatsoever. Management totally unprofessional times when ethics should have been in question when processing loans and goals without being said is close the loan whether benefits the customer. I worked there for almost 5 years and just got worst over time. Most people that stay is for the money. Would never recommend this company for a job or a mortgage.
Pros
Cons
Worst place ever
You leave jobs because of management not the people
Loan Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 5, 2018
The policies would change and there would not be proper notifications to be sent out. Management will still screw you even if you have proper documentation for attendance and time requested off. Your expendable and replaceable at any time. Trying to move within the company I experienced being blackballed. I will not suggest for anyone to work for this company.
Pros
An occassional lunch
Cons
Micro manage company
Was there for a short period
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 25, 2018
Was only there a short period of time to get the branch up and running . I was waiting to start with B Of A. I knew the Regional Manager so I was helping him out.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Marketing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about