Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Employee Reviews

It was Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INSeptember 5, 2019
The customer service department has came along way since 2015. In 2015 it was highly stressful and we were overwhelmed with calls. These days it seems to be much better.
Wasted precious time
Foreclosure (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 3, 2019
Some pros to the company however no 401k, no promotions and no merit increases. Wasted my time there then get laid off. Company does not invest in technology or their people.
Stressfull
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2019
The company seemed to be going through bit of changes and was unorganized. Didn't offer much help for new Account Executives unless you were transferring from another company and had a book of business.
A company that fosters growth and advancement
Loan Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INAugust 27, 2019
A typical day at Carrington included handling customers needs, collections in a relaxed yet somewhat competitive atmosphere. I learned a great deal about the mortgage industry under a great management team that always showed a genuine concern in fostering growth. The workplace culture is a very team-driven and motivating. The hardest part of this job for me was resigning due to unfortunate personal problems.
Fast paced work environment, unreasonable attendance policy, and horrible hours/schedule
Collector (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 25, 2019
The management expects you to act like a robot and does not allow for any human error or unexpected circumstances. People often come to work sick because they would be at risk of losing their job using sick time due to the company’s occurrence system and attendance policy. There was construction for several months on the two roads to get to the building yet they would not use common sense with several employees were late due to traffic.
On top of that the hours were horrible, my schedule was 8-5 Monday and Tuesday, 11-8 Wednesday and Thursday and Friday rotated between 8-5 or 10-7. We also had to work at 7 am every few Saturdays. It was a very difficult schedule to work with two young kids. Or really anyone that wants to maintain a normal work/life balance.
Pros
They paid half of the employees medical benefits
Cons
Hours were horrible.
Productive work environment
DEFAULT MEDIATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 19, 2019
Carrington does their best to take care of their borrowers and ensure they offer all there is from all aspects of lending. They offer several benefits for their employees and always leave the conversation open for feedback.
productive environment
Eviction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 14, 2019
Productive workplace with activities , outings, free luncheons, benefits and vacation time off, sick days.........................................etc.
Pros
ticket raffles, free luncheon, outings
Cons
short breaks
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 14, 2019
If you're looking for growth within a company, this is not the best place for you and you may need to explore other companies that may offer a better advancement in your career.
Busy
Sr Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 13, 2019
Fast paced, busy, good people to work with, great benefits and flexible schedule, lots of overtime / double time. Good team to work with very knowledgeable
Where do I begin??
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INAugust 11, 2019
I will say this had to be the worst! Most stressful! Inconsistent! Militant! Serious micro management company I have ever worked for! I was over it!!!
Pros
Once a month bonuses after working your A** OFF to qualify for it!
Cons
Low moral, poor management, stressfull environment, strick rules and regulatuons, the work policy changes based on when certain circumstance arise, everyone is very unhappy at Carrington!
Devistating to your mental health
Early Stage Collector (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INAugust 8, 2019
Management carries the ultimate authority, there is no room for questioning said authority. Carrington Mortgage Services experiences an above average call volume. I noticed this on my first week on the call floor and then was told it was their slow season. There is a mandatory overtime day scheduled about once a week. Utilization metrics are set too rigidly and deviation from metrics is met with harsh criticism. Agents are encouraged to cut break time short to improve department utilization numbers. Collections bonuses are pegged to metrics that you have little or no control over. Escalations agents can and will refuse to assist you, which will ultimately leave in a bad position when a call requests to speak with a "supervisor". The company does not match 401k contributions at the agent level and upper management will laugh agents who bring this up. Upper management had made that they do not wish to promote from within. The environment is panic attack inducing. Management once told us that the company is designed to be run like a "sweat shop" and implied that we needed to come to terms with that to thrive.
It's a good job for a call center
Early Stages Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INAugust 6, 2019
Carrington is a good place to work that offers a decent hourly wage. I wish they offered increases in pay more than the monthly bonuses. The hardest part of the job is having to make sure that so much is covered during each phone call
Good place for entry level skill sets
Default Mediation/Litigation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 6, 2019
Good starting point for entry level mortgage servicing agents. The office is located in a nice area. CMS is not necessarily a good place for those that have tenure in the industry, as there is no true open opportunity for career growth.
Pros
Cons
No career or compensation advancement
Nothing Special
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 5, 2019
The company offers good benefits. Some departments try to create culture that make employees feel involved and appreciated. Most management is incompetent and fail to see or address incompetent employees. People are kept employed much longer than they should be making it difficult to get work done at times.
Default Claims Analyst
Default MI Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INAugust 4, 2019
Appreciative for the opportunity. Retention rate is low. Pay was not compensatory with standard of living for the area and they expected you to move mountains to be considered for any increase. They were were known for not giving raises in the department I was in but expected perfection 100% of the time. Coworkers kept the environment fun.
Run as fast as you can
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INJuly 31, 2019
Horrible, horrible company. No training. They throw you in and expect people that are under you to train you, when they themselves never got trained. Upper management is a joke. They treat their employees awful and gossip about everyone. They expect you to know everything right away. And they are constantly looking for ways to fire you. The company location is out in the middle of nowhere. I would not recommend that you waste your time.
Unstable
Foreclosure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 29, 2019
Enjoyed my role, co workers and work environment, however this company is very unstable and unpredictable. Owners make very poor business decisions which cause frequent lay-offs.
It was a decent work environment.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 29, 2019
I was brought in originally to be a Business Analyst for the Foreclosure team. After some time, I was moved to the Business Analytics team which was when I got the proper support for me to thrive in my position. I had a really good time overall working at Carrington Mortgage.
Sweat Shop
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 21, 2019
They expect you to do more than what your paid for. Management is horrible they micro manage. They won’t change your job title because then they would have to raise your pay. When they give bonuses they raise the expectations so you can’t reach your goals. Only thing good is there benefits and vacation time. lay-offs. Quick turnover
not the best company
Foreclosure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 18, 2019
There was no direction from Sr. management, and processes changed daily. No structure. And the company is not open to employee input. It was a "do it this way or you can find employment elsewhere" attitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.