Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Reality of Company Philosophy
Analyst (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 11, 2018
The company uses the FISH philosophy and while management tries to "sell" it to staff, it really is only a marketing ploy. The lending business gets more focus than servicing and expect layoffs even when they tell you they have forecasted the layoffs to prevent any in the near future.
flexible work schedule but no raises
Sr. Foreclosure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2018
Does not give raises. Promotes from within. Raises given only when your title changes. Lacks culture and default servicing are all new management with less than 7 years or less in experience
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no raises
Would not recommend
Account Manager/Processor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 10, 2018
Totally changed from when I started required to work 12 hour days when never disclosed when hired. Management is horrible no training whatsoever. Management totally unprofessional times when ethics should have been in question when processing loans and goals without being said is close the loan whether benefits the customer. I worked there for almost 5 years and just got worst over time. Most people that stay is for the money. Would never recommend this company for a job or a mortgage.
Pros
Cons
Worst place ever
You leave jobs because of management not the people
Loan Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 5, 2018
The policies would change and there would not be proper notifications to be sent out. Management will still screw you even if you have proper documentation for attendance and time requested off. Your expendable and replaceable at any time. Trying to move within the company I experienced being blackballed. I will not suggest for anyone to work for this company.
Pros
An occassional lunch
Cons
Micro manage company
Was there for a short period
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 25, 2018
Was only there a short period of time to get the branch up and running . I was waiting to start with B Of A. I knew the Regional Manager so I was helping him out.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Marketing
The company said s going thru some growing pains but overalls good company
Bankruptcy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2018
This company is dealing with some growing pains so leadership has too much control. They need to let their team take more control in processes. The teams need to have more say in how the business is ran.
Pros
Leadship controls
Cons
Pay
Excellent Company
Quality Control Analyst/Fraud Detection (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJune 19, 2018
Excellent company. Great culture a worth while experience. Good $ and good people to work with. One of the best to work for. Highly recommended to any one the mortgage company .
Pros
Excellent Company
Organize Environment
Senior closing processor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 17, 2018
It has helped through out. Great management and good people. It has a lot of individuals there that has been there for a long time. That only means they treat their employee right.
Full service mortgage company
Sr. Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INJune 15, 2018
Full service mortgage company with lots if different departments to work in and very diverse. There were food trucks that visited since the location was so far.
Pros
Full Service mortgage company.
Run and run fast
Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 15, 2018
This place is a joke. Management is on a power trip and will speak to you like you are lower than a worm, even if you have more experience and knowledge than them.
When I was hired, I was told OT was unlimited. That was a joke. It was cut off after 2 weeks. We were told we had to "prove" we "deserved" OT.
Training is a joke. Managers will outright lie and say you have been trained on a process when you have not. And I can guarantee you upper management has 0 clue how to do any of the processes they dictate be done.
There is nothing out there by the building so unless you want to run to the newly opened 7-11 for lunch, you better order or bring your lunch.
I have never worked with ruder people who have 0 clue about the processes they are supposed to be managing. It is honestly a "right hand does not know what the left one is doing" situation. They will throw all kinds of money at you, and occasionally feed you, but it is not worth the stress or treatment you get in return.
I, for one, am getting out as fast as I can.
Pros
There are pros?
Cons
Management, Lack of training

Want to know more about Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC?

Ask a question
Pleasant working environment, but big divide between workforce and senior management
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 12, 2018
A typical work day was fast paced. My co-workers were young, enthusiastic and hard-working. I learned a lot about the real-estate business. The middle management were very supportive of their workers, however the higher management was very aloof and not very caring of the workforce. The local managers created a good workplace culture, by buying in lunches for the workers and holding social events. However many workers had not been given raises/bonuses for several years due to aggressive financial management by the company owners.
The hardest part of my job was getting face time with the people I needed to interact with to do my job. They were just too busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the people who had their "boots on the ground".
Pros
Occasional fee lucnhes
Cons
Aloof management, middle managers fearful of owners and board members
This is not it
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INJune 4, 2018
Compensation is not balanced between departments...those who do the most..get the least. Questioning anything will make u a target... LO are coddled and talk to processors any way they want with no reprecussion....be prepared to be walked out without warning...random misc layoffs..tho they claim to not do layoffs..they call them "work force reductions"...either way... you won't have job
Pros
Sometimes they feed you
Cons
Mandetory OT with short notice...rude and condescending management.
Do not go there!
Jr. Underwriter/QC (Former Employee) –  USAJune 4, 2018
One of the poorest managed companies I have ever seen. Failed audits and under skilled supervisors! Keep looking, this company is in big lawsuits and more to come!
Pros
Cons
The place needs to close!
Loved what I was doing
Specialist, Cash Operations (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INMay 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am able to work with numbers, like cash posting and balancing. The hardest part is that I can't plan my day as I wanted, and had to follow the department schedule, so had to drop every thing that I had to do and follow the management decision. I learned that if the management doesn't like someone, can get rid of them easily. I enjoyed what I was doing and wanted to continue, but didn't get a chance.
Pros
Every quarter group activity
Cons
No flexibility on lunch breaks
Will be Fined by the CFPB, Currently under Federal Investigation by OSHA
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 24, 2018
The fact this terrible, awful company is in business still is more of an indictment about the sheer lack of accountability that stretches much further than one can imagine.
Pros
Good comp when loans do close, Nice office, close to almost everywhere in OC
Cons
Management so uneducated in the mortgage business its laughable.
Horrible for policy and procedure complaince
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2018
Enter at your own risk. Overall good company, several bad seeds in management that give the company a bad name and create a horrible and hostile work life.
Secure employment
Loan Set Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 20, 2018
Overall, Carrington Mortgage was a good place to work; however, they should concentrate on training employees in the areas that need improvement.Overtime was sporadic.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
No training provided
Great Place to work
Supervisor, Post Foreclosure HOA (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 18, 2018
Great place to work. Great leadership. Management is focused on developing skills and providing great morale. Benefits are excellent. Great culture .
Ok Compensation but not together
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 15, 2018
I wouldn't recommend a job at this company if you care about career advancement and management that doesnt promote a dictatorship system. Unfortunately many of the managers would prefer to speak with you in a condescending manner.
Frat House
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2018
All the managers partied it up with all the employees and if you weren't in that clique, you were pushed to the side when it came to work. Absolutely unprofessional environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.