Carrington Place of Wytheville Employee Reviews

Terrible company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAApril 28, 2019
Terrible job. Poorly managed and the training was the worst I've ever had. DoN was dishonest in expectations and goals. You are set up to fail from the first day out of training.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Terrible place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 17, 2019
Buzz kill for a nursing career. Favoritism and partiality are common. Nobody knows what they are doing. Training was a joke. There is a constant influx of new staff. Worst career decision in nursing I’ve ever made.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Terrible facility with overworked and underpaid staff
CNA/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAFebruary 20, 2019
High paid jobs if you are liked by the administration. Not an equal opportunity employer. Never given a chance to excel or have better opportunities....
Cons
This company seems to ad lib on a Daily basis
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAFebruary 15, 2019
Big mistake, Don't go there! Seem to be working on a shoestring budget, never adequate Staffing.
Supplies for dsgs not available.
I would not have taken My Mother there.
Pros
Love the Residents
Cons
Bring Nurses in at a Premium, a month later, drop You back a substantial amount!
Former employee
RN (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 29, 2018
There are no perfect jobs. Most of the staffing issues here are because people simply don’t want to work. There have been multiple upper management changes in a very short period of time because no one wants to tackle the mess that this place has become. No one is accountable for their actions. The facility stinks. The smell of urine and feces will knock you over especially on the long term care units. Most CNAs don’t round on their patients like they are supposed to. Resident’s rooms are filthy. Serious issues get brushed under the rug and not dealt with appropriately. Critical medicine and lab errors are made all the time. The mentality in this building is simply to exist and get through the day.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Horrible work environment
A very stressful place to work
Cashier/CSM (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 27, 2018
It is a good place to work but very stressful and demanding
Mangement is not on the same page
Hours are long and strenuous
If you love being a CnA its not a bad place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJune 23, 2018
It was a good place to work and then people came in and started changing things and then they lost a lot of help just not a lot of people getting treated right
Fantastic
LPN (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAApril 12, 2018
A job is what you make it. There are times when you have to take initiative and other times you truely need your supervisor to help make decisions. I feel blessed to have a job. I am grateful to be able to have a part in making the residents smile and feel good. The current DON is amazing as well as the Adminstrator, Unit Managers...and the other nurses who step up to help each other. I love the CNAs....they are awesome!! The company is in the midst of turning things around and it takes positive attitudes to help do that. Theres going to be moments of frustration but thats with any job. You just have to learn to laugh at yourself and do your best to do better everyday. I enjoy working there. I drive 2 hours to work...that should say something about how they are striving to make it the best place to work!!
Pros
Very nice employees
Cons
Needing staff thats willing to work
Not worth your license
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJanuary 25, 2018
The residents are amazing but the DON is a nightmare. Residents are not a priority there, appearances are #1 at carrington. Management quickly turns staff against each other and patient care suffers. Never enough treatment supplies. Was hired as treatment nurse but never actually got to work that position.
Pros
Sign on bonus
Cons
Hostile work environment
good place to work
Business Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAFebruary 17, 2017
Good place to work. Busy environment. Learned a lot. People I worked with were great. Only downfall, Office Manager was a micro-manger.
I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the crew of nurses and staff I supervised. However, the administrator and others in management are ruining this place.
Registered Nurse, House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 9, 2012
Carrington Place of Wytheville is a very special place in many ways, but the choices by management is demoralizing all concerned, and unfortunately is reflecting on patient care; no matter how hard the nursing staff tries to prevent this residents/patients are feeling the affects. I witnessed MANY unethical, and immoral situations with management, and left for these reasons.

In spite of these difficulties, I learned how to put leadership skills to work, use multiple skills that I learned in the ED for quick response to patient care, and advocate for residents in many ways. (Advocating is a passion for me). The staff, most of them, were super, hard-working, and very knowleagble. They love their residents/patients!

A typical day/night (I worked nights), was to help finish up admissions from the day, or receive new admission; make sure there was enough staffing; back-up nurses in difficult situations, or problems with patient care; educate staff in many small ways; audit charts, MARS, doctor orders transcribed correctly, labs, etc.; and fill in staffing holes by doing direct patient care/medication pass when not enough staff.

The hardest part of the job was seeing "my" nurses overwhelmed with duties because staffing was so slim to poor, and no back-up from the DON, or two ADON's.

The most enjoyable part of the job was doing whatever I could for "my" staff. I wanted to see them execute their skills and knowledge without hindrance, because I know ultimately this allows for great resident/patient care.
Pros
very caring nursing staff, who truly want to see the best for the residents/patients.
Cons
poor communication by managment; poor, poor staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington Place of Wytheville. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1