Carrington Place of Wytheville

Working at Carrington Place of Wytheville: 19 Reviews

United States19 reviews

Do not work here.

The management changes as often as the sun sets. The environment is toxic and if you are a positive and nice person, they do not want you there. They pay well for contract employees but for the ones that stayed through the pandemic there is no kind of appreciation.

Pros

Most of the direct care staff is great.

Cons

No kind of leadership or positive environment.

Poor place to work

Company nor the facility does not care anything about the residents. The residents are treated like terrible from the company and facility administration. They don't have respect for the residents or the staff that are working day and nights to work with the residents.

Pros

Cons

lack of resident care

Carrington Place of Wytheville insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great team work, but good staff is overworked

Staffing is an issue, but the good staff pulls together as a team. However, this results in good staff being overworked.There isn't consistency in requirements or duties. The supportive mgmt that was there is now gone. More stress in an already stressful environment.

Pros

Team Work

Cons

Short staffed, inconsistency, mgmt

Job experience

I love being a CNA, but this place is terrible, the management is out for themselves not the patients or the workers. Always short of help and doesn't care that one CNA has 32 patients by themselves. I have never worked for a company like this. Needs better and more caring staff

Carrington place of Wytheville

Favoritism is sadly common. Nobody knows what they are doing. Training was a joke. There is a constant of new staff. unethical, and immoral situations with management, and left for these reasons

Fast Paced

I have gain a lot of experience throughout the years, especially working behind the desk as a Unit Secretary. I enjoy assisting and getting to know the patients as well as my coworkers. Working here is fast paced, and you do have to be on your toes at all time.

Lies

Lies. Lies and more lies. Terrible company to work for!!!!!!!!!!! Run away. They asked me to work for them. Terrible experience by far The staff was great but management SUCKs. Unfair. Favoritism. Don’t see how people sleep at night

Terrible company

Terrible job. Poorly managed and the training was the worst I've ever had. DoN was dishonest in expectations and goals. You are set up to fail from the first day out of training.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Good work family

You have a good work family and support group when it comes to your co workers. Staff take care of each other and you always have someone to back you up.

Pros

Scheduling and pay rates

Cons

Corporate management, needs better insurance and a retirement plan

Terrible place to work

Buzz kill for a nursing career. Favoritism and partiality are common. Nobody knows what they are doing. Training was a joke. There is a constant influx of new staff. Worst career decision in nursing I’ve ever made.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Terrible facility with overworked and underpaid staff

High paid jobs if you are liked by the administration. Not an equal opportunity employer. Never given a chance to excel or have better opportunities....

Cons

This company seems to ad lib on a Daily basis

Big mistake, Don't go there! Seem to be working on a shoestring budget, never adequate Staffing. Supplies for dsgs not available. I would not have taken My Mother there.

Pros

Love the Residents

Cons

Bring Nurses in at a Premium, a month later, drop You back a substantial amount!

Former employee

There are no perfect jobs. Most of the staffing issues here are because people simply don’t want to work. There have been multiple upper management changes in a very short period of time because no one wants to tackle the mess that this place has become. No one is accountable for their actions. The facility stinks. The smell of urine and feces will knock you over especially on the long term care units. Most CNAs don’t round on their patients like they are supposed to. Resident’s rooms are filthy. Serious issues get brushed under the rug and not dealt with appropriately. Critical medicine and lab errors are made all the time. The mentality in this building is simply to exist and get through the day.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Horrible work environment

A very stressful place to work

It is a good place to work but very stressful and demanding Mangement is not on the same page Hours are long and strenuous If you love being a CnA its not a bad place to work

It was a good place to work and then people came in and started changing things and then they lost a lot of help just not a lot of people getting treated right

Fantastic

A job is what you make it. There are times when you have to take initiative and other times you truely need your supervisor to help make decisions. I feel blessed to have a job. I am grateful to be able to have a part in making the residents smile and feel good. The current DON is amazing as well as the Adminstrator, Unit Managers...and the other nurses who step up to help each other. I love the CNAs....they are awesome!! The company is in the midst of turning things around and it takes positive attitudes to help do that. Theres going to be moments of frustration but thats with any job. You just have to learn to laugh at yourself and do your best to do better everyday. I enjoy working there. I drive 2 hours to work...that should say something about how they are striving to make it the best place to work!!

Pros

Very nice employees

Cons

Needing staff thats willing to work

Not worth your license

The residents are amazing but the DON is a nightmare. Residents are not a priority there, appearances are #1 at carrington. Management quickly turns staff against each other and patient care suffers. Never enough treatment supplies. Was hired as treatment nurse but never actually got to work that position.

Pros

Sign on bonus

Cons

Hostile work environment

good place to work

Good place to work. Busy environment. Learned a lot. People I worked with were great. Only downfall, Office Manager was a micro-manger.

I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the crew of nurses and staff I supervised. However, the administrator and others in management are ruining this place.

Carrington Place of Wytheville is a very special place in many ways, but the choices by management is demoralizing all concerned, and unfortunately is reflecting on patient care; no matter how hard the nursing staff tries to prevent this residents/patients are feeling the affects. I witnessed MANY unethical, and immoral situations with management, and left for these reasons.In spite of these difficulties, I learned how to put leadership skills to work, use multiple skills that I learned in the ED for quick response to patient care, and advocate for residents in many ways. (Advocating is a passion for me). The staff, most of them, were super, hard-working, and very knowleagble. They love their residents/patients!A typical day/night (I worked nights), was to help finish up admissions from the day, or receive new admission; make sure there was enough staffing; back-up nurses in difficult situations, or problems with patient care; educate staff in many small ways; audit charts, MARS, doctor orders transcribed correctly, labs, etc.; and fill in staffing holes by doing direct patient care/medication pass when not enough staff.The hardest part of the job was seeing "my" nurses overwhelmed with duties because staffing was so slim to poor, and no back-up from the DON, or two ADON's.The most enjoyable part of the job was doing whatever I could for "my" staff. I wanted to see them execute their skills and knowledge without hindrance, because I know ultimately this allows for great resident/patient care.

Pros

very caring nursing staff, who truly want to see the best for the residents/patients.

Cons

poor communication by managment; poor, poor staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington Place of Wytheville. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits