Carrington Place Employee Reviews

Awful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rural Retreat, VAJune 10, 2019
The environment was awful, the management does not care about its employees. Staffing super low and no one cared that they left a whole side to only 2 cnas. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Please save yourself the trouble and don’t apply.
Never enough staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMay 29, 2019
Never enough staff to take care of the patients as needed to be. Every other weekend work. No call time. Pay does not equal what staff is required to do daily.
Pros
No travel
Cons
Never enough staff
nice happy clean and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 22, 2019
Carrington place was a loving comfortable and safe environment. They were very understanding when it comes to having to take time off, for illnesses and other very important matters
Pros
understanding, flexible, clean and neat
Decent working place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMay 16, 2019
Was a great job, with the exception of Directors of nursing staff. They were leaving, and always hiring new ones. Some of them were fantastic, but it gets hectic because the new ones who come in want to change everything.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistant DONs
I loved my patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAApril 18, 2019
The best thing about this job was helping the patients. Although, there wasn't enough hours in one day to take care of the work load they gave you. I always tried to do my best and even do extra when I could. The nurses and med techs need to help out so future accidents do not occur. Its bad there, to many patience and not enough CNA's to handle the job. I did do what my work day entitled to the best I could. I pray for the patience there daily.
Horrible!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springhill, LAApril 17, 2019
Well let's start with management which is non existent. Residents are bullied, abused, stolen from. State has been there twice in the last month over different complaints. One nurse even spit in a residents food and told everyone she did it and got away with it even after charges were pressed by the resident! I could go on and on.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything else
Administrator is never happy when you complete your job because it's never good enough for her
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSApril 15, 2019
my experience at this facility was good as far as the residents and most of the staff. Then there is the administrator side of the facility, when she gets angry no one is safe residents and staff have been talked to very disrespectfully by her, she threatened, yelled and made you feel worthless, like no one will want to hire you because you can't do anything to please her. You can't sit down for your so-called breaks without being made to feel as if you are waisting her time.
Pros
Residents some staff
Cons
Not being able to take a break, administrator
it was a fun place to work
cna/cma (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSFebruary 3, 2019
it was a fun place to work til the DON and the administrator had people watching us and reporting every little move and even though we did everything we were supposed to do it wasn't right or good enough, with it being assisted living we shouldn't have to check residents every 2 hours like they do in a nursing home.
Great coworkers and great residents. Love working here!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJanuary 27, 2019
I’ve never been excited to go to work until I started working at the Carrington Place. It is a great job, and very flexible with your schedule! I haven’t had any issues working here.
Residents made your day
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 23, 2019
When I arrive at Carrington I always greet the staff, residents, and assist with ADL's. I assist in the dining room passing out meals, escorting residents to dialysis, giving tutors, answering the phones, and filing.
Pros
we had to pay for all meals
Cons
we had to work through breaks sometime
Always a team
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCDecember 27, 2018
The teamwork is always they are, supervisors and unit managers on unit willing to help with any questions or assistance with things you are unfamiliar with
Management is awful as far as standing behind its nurses on anything
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Springhill, LADecember 11, 2018
Not a good place to work for me. Residents not well taken care for the amount of money they have to pay. Cna staff leaves alot to be desired also, ALOT! Some residents will go an entire shift without having any pericare until last round is made. The place is falling apart. Management is laughable.
Productivity
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New OrleansNovember 26, 2018
I love doing my job & making the best of it to take care of each resident I have seeing them okay makes me okay , Each & everyday I wake up to get ready for work and I say to myself time to make another resident day
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Poor management team
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 3, 2018
Unfortunately the management team only looks out for her friends. If you speak up for the patients she will find a way to get you to leave. Don’t let anything happen with your children because it’s not beneficial for your work, you will be told you don’t have a job to come back to, on the slick. Be careful the money may look good with all the doubles you have to work but family is worth more!!!
Pros
If you in the right right click you good
Cons
What lunch’s lol they take it out of your paycheck regardless if you got to eat or not!!
Ok working environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 15, 2018
The working environment is ok. A full staff on the halls are 5 people and most of the time we would work in 4's or 3's. Workloads are heavy. Staff is tolerable.
Pros
working doubles you make good money
Cons
always short on the halls
stressful
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 27, 2018
worked most days 10-12 hours
you never knew who would be on the "outside" on any given day and who the manager would be "making fun" of today
The hardest and most enjoyable was the residents
Pros
paid time off
Cons
not able to use your time off
The Administration don't appreciate the girls for the hard work
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Tappahannock, VAAugust 18, 2018
Administration is all about there selves we don't get any bonuses rewarded for the extra work we do the pay is horrible tuition help when our director ask for raises for us he doesn't respond instead he goes by material for the building when the whole building need to be torn down
Pros
easy job to get
Cons
you cant make it with the pay unless you do doubles back to back
Good place to work - nice small town
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toledo, IAAugust 5, 2018
Premier Estates, Formerly Carrington Place of Toledo, is a nice place to work. It is a nice, clean facility with a great nursing team. Upper management (Corporate) leaves something to be desired.
Pros
Good nursing team
Cons
Corporate
good
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Satsuma, ALJuly 17, 2018
Fast pass job always on your feet loving area to be around. you must have a the heart to be able to take care of people. because they will take your heart working with them
Very stressful place to work. They say no raises for the staff.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCJuly 13, 2018
Been working there for 10 years and no raise in 6 years
The health insurance is not very good. Use to be a fun place to work. We get good grades when state comes .