Carroll Fulmer Logistics Employee Reviews

Carroll Fulmer is truly a Family Value ran business
South East Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Groveland, FLJuly 6, 2018
I have been driving in Carroll Fulmer's "5 State Regional Position" for approximately 4 months, I got to say, so far so good! i was kind of surprised by the relatively lower CPM but they actually offer mileage incentive programs that are attainable,. i hit mine the last three months. I bring about $1000.00 a week and I get home pretty much anytime I want. I got a Freightliner instead of a Mack because I wasn't familiar but I am hearing the Mack is a much more smooth ride. I know everyone has their own perspective but, I really like Carroll Fulmer so far.
Pros
Lot's of miles! Really nice oreintation
Cons
All auto
slow paced
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLMay 17, 2018
i believe this is a very slow paced job, very low hours seeing as i only worked about 5 hours a day and come pay day was only given less then 100$ paycheck.in the end i had to relocate.
Friendly place to work
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Groveland, FLApril 4, 2018
I like what I do and I like my position. Only draw back is that since it is a family owned there is nepotism but the nepotism I encounter isn't with the owners its with the current management who are not family members. most of the management is good there are a few that are very unprofessional and go out of their way to embarrass you in front of your co workers when the chance arises. If the few people in management that do this would no longer be there it would be a much better work environment.
Pros
Annual raises, boosting moral across the company, yearly activities
Cons
Management, overworked, limited advancement
Low cents per mile and even less miles
Driver (Current Employee) –  Groveland, FLMarch 4, 2018
They started me off great. Was able to run 3000 miles 1st week. 1400-1700 per week after. At 35 cents per mile. They pay you 26 cents per mile and 9 cents per mile per diem.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Pay, management, treatment from dispatchers
Good place to work, OTR takes me away for too long
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Grove land, FloridaMarch 1, 2018
Management helpful]
Friendly office management
Helpful managers
Decent pay and benefits
I enjoy seeing places I've never seen
Trucking hours can be long,
Getting enough sleep is difficult at times
Every trip teaches a driver something, no matter how small, it all adds to your capabilities,
Pros
Manager tried to give many miles as possible
Cons
Sometimes short notice on delivery schedules
Boredom
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLFebruary 27, 2018
Ugh place is unorganized
Don’t even bother with the lease purchase program because the trucks or got a good zillion miles on the phone apart and they want to charge you 60 to 80,000 for them
Cheats and liars
Driver (Current Employee) –  Groveland, FL Athens,ALFebruary 21, 2018
Dispatch don't know their jobs change times of drop offs without letting drivers know I myself sat over the weekend because drop off location shut down for a funeral and company knew then had to sit 22 hours at pickup because dispatch didn't set the load up but sent me anyways always running loads that are any where from a week to a month late so drop off people would gripe at drivers
Logistics Company
Fleet Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Groveland, FLFebruary 13, 2018
This is my first position in a logistics company. I enjoy what I do and I think it takes a certain type of person to work in this industry...since you do have to deal with a number of different individuals.
what a nasty company
Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLJanuary 4, 2018
they refused ADA compliance,
they allowed Hate and Bulling to go unchecked, when a person complains they start a process to stack the deck with write ups to allow themselves to fire people while protecting themselves from legal action. owners are Masons and they allow these actions to go unchecked, turning a blind eye and ear both.
Pros
Cons
far to many to list, nasty company
Carroll Fulmer was an ok company to be leased to.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLNovember 9, 2017
This company was a bit different from others. They would offer a straight load from the east coast going to the west coast. Once at the west coast they would have you driving all over California from a Monday to a Friday making pick ups at different military facilities and taking the pickups to a yard of theirs and drop it. On Friday evening they would assign 5 to 6 stops going back East to different military bases or reserve post. You would load yourself in their yard . Strap or chain what frieght you were given . Then tarp it if need be. Then leave heading back east. You would make your own calls to receiving bases and check calls to dispatcher. We ran legal logbooks .
Pros
Loads back east paid good money
Cons
They would give the better paying loads to their favorites.
Awesome establishment
Class B Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLOctober 2, 2017
Learned so much from here i couldnt thank them enough. Carrol Fulmer taught me to trust in my judgement and to be ale to assess a situation given sounds or a list of procedures taken into fixing a safety issue
cool
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Standard over the road trucking company. You get a load, deliver, send it in. Dispatch was alright, Pay was ok. They Do Care about their drivers though.
Overall summary
Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLAugust 29, 2017
working for carroll fulmer was great. i sometimes regret leaving. i was looking for a better income source and instead its left me jobless. I enjoyed carroll fulmer as it was greatly managed. there was always something to do. pay wasnt the best but it was guaranteed.
The people are fun to work with, work together, and there's always things to do
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLAugust 23, 2017
I loved my time at Carroll Fulmer and hated leaving them. My coworkers were always very friendly and shared the workload fairly. If it were not for moving, I'd probably still be working for them.
Just like other big trucking companies
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Groveland, FLJuly 25, 2017
I hope you like the northeast. They tell you youll see all 48 but they stick you on a New England route and it's the same every week. The shop doesn't rush to do much and they don't care that you're not making money sitting. They're extremely understaffed in the shop and weekend and night dispatch. They won't answer the phones during those times so if you have an emergency good luck. The dispatchers basically give you your loads and that's it. They don't help with any thing else. You break down call the shop. You need a hotel for the night because your apu quit call someone else. You have questions about your check your vacation your hours the route or anything else they refer you somewhere else. They just don't want to do anything for you. THe pay isn't horrible about average. The Qualcomm is old and slow. You average about 2500 miles a week but for some reason it seems like more. Lots of heavy loads so lots of tandem adjustment. Overall not a horrible company but could definitely be better organized.
Pros
Not much micromanaging
Cons
Always northeast
nice company.out every 2 weeks.
Over the Road Driver(OTR Driver) (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLMarch 15, 2017
I got custody of my daughter is the only reason I had to leave .I had to find a local job .On holidays they treated us well ,advances were nice.they places you can sleep if your layed over at terminal.
Pros
they do take care of there drivers, the best ive seen
Cons
sometimes you might sit to long waiting on a load.
Very Family oriented company and will to help you an any way they can.
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLMarch 6, 2017
My experience with this company was great, if i could go back out on the road it would definitely be with this company. i love working with them, very understanding of anything that came across the table.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Great work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 28, 2016
Great job, but how ever being on the road and loving this company as much as I do... Seeing the things I see from other drivers. I feel Carroll Fulmer needs to step up on the drug testing.... I saw a driver buy from a supplier SMH how sad... Something needs to be done I am all about safety..
Very poor planning and communication
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLOctober 19, 2016
You will not make money here. Horrible place to be if you want to earn a living. Lots of "live loading" for which you get NOTHING!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
East coast driver otr
Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 5, 2016
Have been with Carrol Fulmer a few years now and review most parts of the company great. Pay is OK but wish we were a top pay carrier. Family oriented and a nice family to work for