CARROLLTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Working at CARROLLTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: 13 Reviews

United States13 reviews

Carrollton Elementary

Genuinely enjoyed my time with the district. Administrator has a passion for providing what the children and their families need, elicits concern for best practice in what the children need. Staff care about their children and families, want them to succeed and will do what they can do support them.

Productive place to work

I love my school! It is a great place to work because of our principal and everyone works together with the same goal in mind- fostering our children's learning.

CARROLLTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

productive and fun place

A typical day at work was pretty easy. The kids would come in and sit in their designated groups. We would then pass out snacks and allow them to eat. After the groups would split off to do their daily lessons and at the end would go to their bus or to car riders.

Pros

excellent experience

Cons

no benefits

Stimulating and encouraging

Prep time for students reading materials and testing forms, prior to pulling students from respective classrooms and escorting them to literacy classroom for instruction, with a 30 to 45 minute structured reading instruction and testing. Supportive guiding in phonics, literacy, pronunciation and fluency to facilitate better reading and comprehension of reading materials. When required and warranted, meeting with supervisory director and classroom teachers to update and adequately test for proficiency. The ability to aide a child in the increase and development of that child's reading ability and comprehension level is my most satisfying achievement. My work environment is relaxed and challenging at the same time. Both the teachers and my department work to help a child achieve their goals. Collaboration between myself, teachers and parental involvement is key in the achievement of each child's goals. The excitement a child shows when they achieve and excel in reading is beyond description, but the hardest part is when they struggle to grow in their development.

Pros

Student acheivemnt and excel

Cons

Lack of parental support and involvement

hard work and the kids do horrible things throughout the school

Its a hard place to work. The students are allowed to do whatever they want with no consequences. There is no organization and no communication. Employees act like children such as hiding equipment on one another and stealing co workers supplies

Pros

snow days

Cons

unorganized boss

Great place to work for people who need early hours or who have kids

Great Job, No advancement in district and low pay. all vactions are not paid but it is nice to have off, Great for epople who have kids in school you can work their hours.

Outstanding in every way.

The principal is supportive of teachers, parents and students alike. He has set a positive tone that maximizes learning and job satisfaction. Teaching at this school has been an outstanding experience in every way.

I enjoyed at Carrollton Elementary school because of the diversity. I felt belonged while working in that school.

A typical day at Carrollton was to keep up with my assigned student. To make sure he does not disrupt the classroom lesson. The staff work as a team helping one another. I learned to work as a team in order to accomplish any set goal.

I enjoyed working at Carrollton Elementary School

I was responsible for enrolling and withdrawing students, answering the telephone and assisting the Assistant Principals with clerical duties. I really enjoyed all of the Assistant Principals I worked with. The hardest part of the job was having to call substitutes for over 100 teachers and assistants.

Pros

Days off in the Summer, Christmas and Spring Break

Cons

pay wasn't great

Friendly school with a huge staff, welcoming to parents

This is a good environment for a teacher who is about midway in his or her career. This is a very large school which could possibly create an overwhelming feeling if you're a first year to fairly new teacher.

Pros

Perfect for a seasoned teacher who lives in the city of Carrollton.

Cons

This school has a longer day than some other schools in Georgia, Teacher duty is thirty minutes afterschool monitoring students that you do not teach.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CARROLLTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL?

enjoyable

loved the atmosphere, the people and students. i enjoyed my time spent there.

Clean

Clean and Maintain room Everyday Great company Management was understand with advancement

Fun Workday

A day at this job would consist of first saying the pldge and starting on morning work and then the students would leave and go to music , art, p.e, etc and at that time i would grade papers or handout worksheets for students to do when they got back. we do spelling actiivites and then they split up in groupd of two and one group goes to the table with teacher and the other group stays at their desk and finish classwork, while i may take some in the hallway and have them read to me or answer some math questions for me. The hardest part was graduating so that meant i had to leave them. The most enjoyable part was seeing them everyday and getting to know them.

Pros

student - teacher connection

Cons

short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARROLLTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits