Carrols Corporation, Burger King Employee Reviews

It is very stressful.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYApril 22, 2019
Very stressful work environment. Get calls on your time off if something went wrong even if you were not directly involved in the problem. Also, hard to keep all employees and management on same page and several conflicts could arise as in any restaurant.
Pros
Pay, flexible hours
Cons
Very Stressful
Can be a family atmosphere in stores
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 8, 2019
They will hire outside the company more than they will promote within. They will tell you one thing then take it back within weeks. New district managers and unless you came from their previous employment don't bother
Pros
Not any
Cons
Better get it in writing
not enough hours
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCApril 7, 2019
the management was alright they had a good manager. the mostr enjoyable part of the job is the smoke breaks. didn't really love anything from the job.
Cashier, drive thru, front line
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, NCMarch 24, 2019
Nice place to work, very convenient, pleasant people I worked with. Loved the fast paced business!! Met a lot of people. Did a lot of different things and learned from the manager. Hours varied a lot!
Pros
free food
Cons
Long closing work hours, alot of cleaning to do daily
Poor management
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 23, 2019
The management was very poor they did not train employees the right way the manager always forget things she was also very mean and rude people would call out and not show up and still had there jobs
Pros
50 % off lunch i liked working there but not with the managment
Fun workplace minus the manager
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Milford, NJMarch 19, 2019
Overall my time with Burger King was pretty good. The people were friendly and really showed me the ropes. The only downside was one of the managers. It helped me understand a workplace however and has better'd me for the future.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Poor Management control
Its okay
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNMarch 15, 2019
Not really much to say but the company needs to improve and the management at burger king needs to be more better and not even that burger king is not organize at all
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMarch 14, 2019
This job will definitely help you grow as a person and encourage you to do better in life you meet people and you gain confidence while working there one of the best starting jobs i can think of
stressful and poorly managed
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYFebruary 28, 2019
started out good I wouldn't mind working at another burger King maybe but this one in particular was incredibly stressful because of the people that I worked with, there were multiple times when people would scream at me and or other coworkers for not moving fast enough even though I personally wasn't trained properly I felt like I was thrown in there with no real guidance as did the other new people. overall was a very bad work environment and I dreaded going into work.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
coworkers including managers
Active but fun work place
Burger King Team leader/ manager in training (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hts, OHFebruary 11, 2019
Fun but lack of staff and management. Working long hours were required do to the lack of staff and management. The most enjoyable part of job is seeing coworkers ready to work with you because they like my work ethic. The hard part of the job is keeping the same energy during the whole shift having to work the long hours.
Pros
Good pay rate good hours
Cons
Lack of management
Bad work experience
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2019
- bad work space and unfair
- Low pay for a lot of hours
- Not knowing where you're going to be
- Bad management
- People that came after me recieved bigger paychecks and money a hour
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Bad in most areas
every day isn't always good.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, NCJanuary 28, 2019
busy, short staff at times. great and hard working crew members.
the management team is encouraging and supportive.
getting employees that really wants to work and willing to work.
meeting our goals, everyone had a productive day and customers are happy.
No real issues, it's just fast food.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Manlius, NYJanuary 20, 2019
I worked nights, so I'd get in between 8 and 10, wash up, then start doing one of 3 things: Window, food prep, or dishes. Managers encouraged speed without adding an undo amount of stress and were accomodating when my schedule got messed up.
Pros
Half off food, food upgrades with certain managers, above minimum wage in a minimum wage market.
Cons
Greasy, somewhat tiring.
Great starter job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Working at Burger King has its ups and downs. People come and go but that is typical of fast food jobs. It gives you a great customer service experience because you are interacting with customers everyday. Management knows the job through and through, but depending which one you are employed at styles of management changes. With flexible schduleing it does have its ups and downs, mostly because you don't have a set schdule which gets kind of hard when some days you may only work 3 hours and the next 10 or 12. Overall it is a good experience for people just entering the work place.
Pros
Optional Healthcare, and vacation time if you work over 32 hours average in a year.
Cons
High turnover, and some employees don't take the job seriously.
Excellent until you advance
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PADecember 27, 2018
This was a fun and fairly job until I began to advance positions. They continuously told me i was going to be promoted to general manager and therefore had me "training" to be able to perform as one which meant i was doing all the work of a gm but never actually got the promotion i ended up quitting once i realized i was being taken advantage of.
Was not a good place
Burger King Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 17, 2018
Told mangers multiple times about there infested facility then was told I was doing to much as a multitasking 17 year old and then at that they got drunk on the job I’m 17 with Better skills then a 26 year old
Pros
Free food
Cons
Go see my mother in her coma your fired
My Review
Team Member (Current Employee) –  BurlingtonDecember 4, 2018
They tell you they will give you the hours you need when they hire you but once you start and get good they cut your hours from 5 day's a week to 3 day's a week down to 2 day's a week and you you ask them for the hours the excuse is we have to many people working and not enough hours to go around for people but yet they still keep hiring new people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours and Management
It was something that I knew wouldn’t last.
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCNovember 27, 2018
It was something that I knew wouldn’t work out for a long time. Getting hours on the schedule was a problem for me even after mentioning and asking for more hours. Overall, it is an okay environment to work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Hours
workplace pros and cons
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 14, 2018
I love the job and how natural customer service came to me personally. There are various customers that I've built friendly relationships with who've been there along the way of many of my college accomplishments as well as being at the job. Working with customers sometimes is tough due to the few attitude of the customer but overall many customers make my day.
Pros
discounts
Fun work place managers are nice, they will help you immedialty1
Burger King Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2018
Nice work at burger king
Organized
Great environment
Cleaned cooked
Make drinks
Stock napkins spoons forks straws
Sweep and mop
Take out trash
Wipe off tables

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrols Corporation, Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.