Carrols Corporation, Burger King Employee Reviews

Good leadership
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIMay 18, 2019
Go in and do what you have to do. Don’t go in there playing make sure you know what you doing. The managers are amazing they have great leadership and they are always there
Pros
Discount, friendly, customers
Cons
Pay
It was always stressful because we were short staff
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, NYMay 15, 2019
I didn’t have a good experience with Carrols corp because they would give me shifts I couldn’t work and I never got any help from any of the other managers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short staffed
Great management
Burger King manager (Former Employee) –  Pickens, SCMay 1, 2019
Great place to work for. I worked my way up quickly here. Only reason i left was for a better opportunity. The managers were great and made you feel comfortable and they expected the best out of you.
Pros
Free lunch
Not very professional, no breaks are giving unless you threaten to call corporate. Poor pay no chance for advancement
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 23, 2019
I would not recommend working here unless you are in desperate need of work as a last resort. The managers are immature and act kids, the work place is very messy and child like. People fight each other and argue all day instead of working. Too stressful for the pay that are giving you.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, no advancement opportunity
It is very stressful.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYApril 22, 2019
Very stressful work environment. Get calls on your time off if something went wrong even if you were not directly involved in the problem. Also, hard to keep all employees and management on same page and several conflicts could arise as in any restaurant.
Pros
Pay, flexible hours
Cons
Very Stressful
Burger King
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 15, 2019
My first week there was pretty ok. My paychecks and hours was correct and the job was easy. Weeks later my hours and pay became short which left me no choice but to leave.
Pros
Half off on meals
Cons
Short breaks
Can be a family atmosphere in stores
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 8, 2019
They will hire outside the company more than they will promote within. They will tell you one thing then take it back within weeks. New district managers and unless you came from their previous employment don't bother
Pros
Not any
Cons
Better get it in writing
not enough hours
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCApril 7, 2019
the management was alright they had a good manager. the mostr enjoyable part of the job is the smoke breaks. didn't really love anything from the job.
Cashier, drive thru, front line
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, NCMarch 24, 2019
Nice place to work, very convenient, pleasant people I worked with. Loved the fast paced business!! Met a lot of people. Did a lot of different things and learned from the manager. Hours varied a lot!
Pros
free food
Cons
Long closing work hours, alot of cleaning to do daily
Poor management
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 23, 2019
The management was very poor they did not train employees the right way the manager always forget things she was also very mean and rude people would call out and not show up and still had there jobs
Pros
50 % off lunch i liked working there but not with the managment
Fun workplace minus the manager
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Milford, NJMarch 19, 2019
Overall my time with Burger King was pretty good. The people were friendly and really showed me the ropes. The only downside was one of the managers. It helped me understand a workplace however and has better'd me for the future.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Poor Management control
Its okay
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNMarch 15, 2019
Not really much to say but the company needs to improve and the management at burger king needs to be more better and not even that burger king is not organize at all
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMarch 14, 2019
This job will definitely help you grow as a person and encourage you to do better in life you meet people and you gain confidence while working there one of the best starting jobs i can think of
stressful and poorly managed
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYFebruary 28, 2019
started out good I wouldn't mind working at another burger King maybe but this one in particular was incredibly stressful because of the people that I worked with, there were multiple times when people would scream at me and or other coworkers for not moving fast enough even though I personally wasn't trained properly I felt like I was thrown in there with no real guidance as did the other new people. overall was a very bad work environment and I dreaded going into work.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
coworkers including managers
Active but fun work place
Burger King Team leader/ manager in training (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hts, OHFebruary 11, 2019
Fun but lack of staff and management. Working long hours were required do to the lack of staff and management. The most enjoyable part of job is seeing coworkers ready to work with you because they like my work ethic. The hard part of the job is keeping the same energy during the whole shift having to work the long hours.
Pros
Good pay rate good hours
Cons
Lack of management
Bad work experience
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2019
- bad work space and unfair
- Low pay for a lot of hours
- Not knowing where you're going to be
- Bad management
- People that came after me recieved bigger paychecks and money a hour
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Bad in most areas
every day isn't always good.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, NCJanuary 28, 2019
busy, short staff at times. great and hard working crew members.
the management team is encouraging and supportive.
getting employees that really wants to work and willing to work.
meeting our goals, everyone had a productive day and customers are happy.
No real issues, it's just fast food.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Manlius, NYJanuary 20, 2019
I worked nights, so I'd get in between 8 and 10, wash up, then start doing one of 3 things: Window, food prep, or dishes. Managers encouraged speed without adding an undo amount of stress and were accomodating when my schedule got messed up.
Pros
Half off food, food upgrades with certain managers, above minimum wage in a minimum wage market.
Cons
Greasy, somewhat tiring.
Great starter job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Working at Burger King has its ups and downs. People come and go but that is typical of fast food jobs. It gives you a great customer service experience because you are interacting with customers everyday. Management knows the job through and through, but depending which one you are employed at styles of management changes. With flexible schduleing it does have its ups and downs, mostly because you don't have a set schdule which gets kind of hard when some days you may only work 3 hours and the next 10 or 12. Overall it is a good experience for people just entering the work place.
Pros
Optional Healthcare, and vacation time if you work over 32 hours average in a year.
Cons
High turnover, and some employees don't take the job seriously.
Excellent until you advance
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PADecember 27, 2018
This was a fun and fairly job until I began to advance positions. They continuously told me i was going to be promoted to general manager and therefore had me "training" to be able to perform as one which meant i was doing all the work of a gm but never actually got the promotion i ended up quitting once i realized i was being taken advantage of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrols Corporation, Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.