Carrols Corporation, Burger King Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Great starter job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Working at Burger King has its ups and downs. People come and go but that is typical of fast food jobs. It gives you a great customer service experience because you are interacting with customers everyday. Management knows the job through and through, but depending which one you are employed at styles of management changes. With flexible schduleing it does have its ups and downs, mostly because you don't have a set schdule which gets kind of hard when some days you may only work 3 hours and the next 10 or 12. Overall it is a good experience for people just entering the work place.
Pros
Optional Healthcare, and vacation time if you work over 32 hours average in a year.
Cons
High turnover, and some employees don't take the job seriously.
Excellent until you advance
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PADecember 27, 2018
This was a fun and fairly job until I began to advance positions. They continuously told me i was going to be promoted to general manager and therefore had me "training" to be able to perform as one which meant i was doing all the work of a gm but never actually got the promotion i ended up quitting once i realized i was being taken advantage of.
Fantastic job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I have absolutely no complaints about this job. I loved every aspect and was paid well. I would have never left this job had it not been for the death of my best friend who also worked here with me and was also my roommate.
Good company to work for but can be very stressful
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 17, 2018
I really enjoy working for the company itself but it can get very stressful management isnt always on the same page and it can make for a not so great day sometimes i feel to be a manager here to be able to make decent money you are over worked required to be on your feet 50 hrs a week and barely ever get a break
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough breaks too many hours required to work
Quick paced and often stressful
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYSeptember 19, 2017
This job isn't for everyone. It can be difficult and if you get into management very demanding and stressful at times. If you aren't a people person this job is not for you. It is customer oriented and people are very rude at times.
Pros
They work around peoples schedules
Cons
You don't get enough breaks. Pay isn't good. They expect a lot from you.
No benefits
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 5, 2017
They only allow 1 employee (except for salary managers) a yearly average of over 30 hours a week. There are no benefits for hourly shift managers. Managers work 10+ hour shifts without a break. Pay starts at $10.45 an hour which is very fair.
Pros
Free meals (if you are a tem leader or higher)
Cons
No benefits, very demanding, no breaks for managers
started off great now worst job ive ever held
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 10, 2017
nothing is good about this place. most equipment is faulty, employees dont show up or call to let you know. pay is horrible and there is sooo much favoritism. the Gm's daughter works therreand gets more privileges than the assistant general manager
Pros
free manager meal
Cons
no anything
Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Family environment, opportunities to advance, safe work environment, duty oriented, flexible scheduling (great for students), great location(across from campus)
Pros
Free meals, company picnics
Cons
Healthcare