Carrols Corporation, Burger King Employee Reviews

No real issues, it's just fast food.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Manlius, NYJanuary 20, 2019
I worked nights, so I'd get in between 8 and 10, wash up, then start doing one of 3 things: Window, food prep, or dishes. Managers encouraged speed without adding an undo amount of stress and were accomodating when my schedule got messed up.
Pros
Half off food, food upgrades with certain managers, above minimum wage in a minimum wage market.
Cons
Greasy, somewhat tiring.
Great starter job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Working at Burger King has its ups and downs. People come and go but that is typical of fast food jobs. It gives you a great customer service experience because you are interacting with customers everyday. Management knows the job through and through, but depending which one you are employed at styles of management changes. With flexible schduleing it does have its ups and downs, mostly because you don't have a set schdule which gets kind of hard when some days you may only work 3 hours and the next 10 or 12. Overall it is a good experience for people just entering the work place.
Pros
Optional Healthcare, and vacation time if you work over 32 hours average in a year.
Cons
High turnover, and some employees don't take the job seriously.
Excellent until you advance
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PADecember 27, 2018
This was a fun and fairly job until I began to advance positions. They continuously told me i was going to be promoted to general manager and therefore had me "training" to be able to perform as one which meant i was doing all the work of a gm but never actually got the promotion i ended up quitting once i realized i was being taken advantage of.
Was not a good place
Burger King Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 17, 2018
Told mangers multiple times about there infested facility then was told I was doing to much as a multitasking 17 year old and then at that they got drunk on the job I’m 17 with Better skills then a 26 year old
Pros
Free food
Cons
Go see my mother in her coma your fired
My Review
Team Member (Current Employee) –  BurlingtonDecember 4, 2018
They tell you they will give you the hours you need when they hire you but once you start and get good they cut your hours from 5 day's a week to 3 day's a week down to 2 day's a week and you you ask them for the hours the excuse is we have to many people working and not enough hours to go around for people but yet they still keep hiring new people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours and Management
It was something that I knew wouldn’t last.
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCNovember 27, 2018
It was something that I knew wouldn’t work out for a long time. Getting hours on the schedule was a problem for me even after mentioning and asking for more hours. Overall, it is an okay environment to work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Hours
workplace pros and cons
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 14, 2018
I love the job and how natural customer service came to me personally. There are various customers that I've built friendly relationships with who've been there along the way of many of my college accomplishments as well as being at the job. Working with customers sometimes is tough due to the few attitude of the customer but overall many customers make my day.
Pros
discounts
Fun work place managers are nice, they will help you immedialty1
Burger King Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2018
Nice work at burger king
Organized
Great environment
Cleaned cooked
Make drinks
Stock napkins spoons forks straws
Sweep and mop
Take out trash
Wipe off tables
Good first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, PASeptember 26, 2018
Carrols Burger King is a good place of employment for younger people still in school, they do work with your schedule to an extent. Pay is fair as well, and is higher than most fast food restaurants.
Pros
Discount when working, decent pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
No breaks unless one is requested and if they have enough people to cover you, poor management, sometimes do not schedule you enough hours
Productive, fast paced and good to work for
Team Member (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYSeptember 26, 2018
I enjoy working at Burger King, Carrols takes care of their workers and makes sure no one is in a bad place there. Managers go out of their way to make everyone comfortable and even take care of situations that they don’t necessarily need to be taking care of (i.e. can’t afford a meal, need more hours etc)
Pros
points, good managers, breaks, free drinks, good atmospher
I think Buger King is a great first job and people should defifnitly look there.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 14, 2018
Burger King has taught me the value of teamwork. That it isn't just all about the one person taking all the glory. At Burger King, a typical day is crazy, hectic, and laidback, and I loved every second of it. The Managment is cool and funny, and help the atmosphere of the place. I think the hardest part for me was learning all the sandwiches and keeping them memorized, but the most enjoyable time was when everybody was working together to get the store cleaned and just relaxing after the hard work.
Pros
Free lunches, 30 min. breaks
Fantastic job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I have absolutely no complaints about this job. I loved every aspect and was paid well. I would have never left this job had it not been for the death of my best friend who also worked here with me and was also my roommate.
Fast pace environment with benifits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTSeptember 6, 2018
Over all fast pace environment with benifits and lots of opportunity to grow with the company. Good salary and management opportunity. Good discounts and service.
Pros
Pay/ benifits. Flexible hours . Growth
Cons
Fast pace can be stressful at times.
Productive fast pace can move up if work well and desire to fast learning
Burger King Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 5, 2018
I like it here
It’s been good to me for the time I’ve been here
Get breaks ever day
vacation is kinda iffy but it’s paid for (you have to work a certain number of hours.. but whatever it is what it is)
Carrols Corporation, Burger King
Back Closer (Current Employee) –  Blasdell, NYAugust 25, 2018
Carrols Corporation, Burger Kings are an experience that will get you to understand having a job entails. Although working there is comfortable it can be a lot better, and they're are day you will feel over whelmed.
Pros
Getting experience, food discounts.
Cons
Short breaks, over whelmed
Good company to work for but can be very stressful
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 17, 2018
I really enjoy working for the company itself but it can get very stressful management isnt always on the same page and it can make for a not so great day sometimes i feel to be a manager here to be able to make decent money you are over worked required to be on your feet 50 hrs a week and barely ever get a break
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough breaks too many hours required to work
General restaurant job
Assistant General Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 14, 2018
Above restaurant leaders get away with doing and saying whatever they want, including harassing and demeaning things to their store management staff. Not a good environment to work.
Pros
Incredible benefits, especially healthcare
Cons
Long days, stressful environment, nasty customers, employees that don’t come to work ever
Toxic and negative work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2018
The reason I’m leaving carrols is because it’s became a very negative work place. I haven’t been able to go into work and get my job done and leave doing to the workers being disrespectful and the managers not addressing it. That’s unfair to me because I work too hard for me to be slandered. On the good side I get paid weekly and the hours are flexible.
Tense and Poor Pay
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNJuly 25, 2018
I felt like I was working myself to the bone and got sick from the amount of grease and oil. It wasn't worth the measly pay, but the one redeeming factor was the kind employees.
Pros
Kind employees and cheaper/free lunch
Cons
Too stressful for little pay
Unpleasant but hardly the worst
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJuly 24, 2018
Corporate doesn't seem to have any idea what happens on the store front level and regularly makes incompetent decisions. Half of the equipment used in a store breaks on a daily basis and can take days if not weeks to be properly repaired. Often even after being repaired equipment will immediately break again anyway. Management can vary wildly from supremely incompetent to simply not caring to being quite good and generally pleasant to work under. interactions with customers are just as you would expect from any other customer service position. All in all while the company itself may be displeasing when it comes down to it whether you enjoy working there or not will just come down to the people you are lucky enough to call co-workers.
Pros
50% off a maximum of an $8 order per shift, easy to make short notice changes to ones schedule
Cons
quality of management varies store to store, corporate clearly doesn't care about store staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrols Corporation, Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.