Carrols Corporation Employee Reviews

ok place
Restaurant Porter (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 10, 2019
It was a ok place to work. Management was ok. There was nothing hard about the job. The culture was fun, not a bad environment. I learned a lot about fast food.
A good job for schoolboys.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wallace, NCMarch 14, 2019
A typical day for the morning shift (which I worked) starts with cleaning and food prep. This takes about 2-3 hours if everything goes well. You have to take apart the broiler and set it to soak in hot soapy water. While the broiler parts soak you find the grease filter machine and empty the cooled grease from the fryer into the machine and filter it. While the grease filters you try to clean those soaking broiler parts and dirty dishes until the oil is done. Then if the grease is still too dirty you have to empty the oil into the grease disposal system. You will spend most of the morning shift alternating between tasks.
Pros
Discounted lunch, Simple work, Short hours.
Cons
Bad pay, Occasional bad coworkers, Short hours.
Job is fun and exciting
Burger King Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, NYFebruary 14, 2019
I personally like making food and burger king is a place where i can do that. Sure its only part time but I really like it. Havent had any issues when working carrols corp
Pros
50% meals for basic employees and 30 minute brraks
Cons
Make minimal wage without 40 hours. Only reccomend if youre a teen, or need extra money
company had a culture aimed at perform or leave
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2018
I was hired to be a district manager on the east coast of NC. Shortly after being hired and while in training the position no longer was available so I decided to leave rather than to go a location that I did not get hired for
Pros
very little daily travel
Cons
communication and integrity
My time as a Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 11, 2018
This position has it ups and downs. Mostly more downs since management is horrible but it was a paycheck. If you choose to go work here, your first couple years will be bad. After that if you advanced it gets better.
Amazing Managers in a fast pace work environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Muncy, PANovember 27, 2018
I love working at Burger King all of my co-workers are so kind and the managers are understanding, I have made so many new friends and learned new career abilities. They have helped and taught me so much.
Pros
50% discount, great managers
Cons
Fast paced if you can’t handle it
Has potentional
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 16, 2018
As for the management they would set un attainable goals then change them to suit them selfs. The culture was very professional and followed the chains standards.
Pros
Free lunches for management
Cons
Lack of back up.
Misleading
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 7, 2018
I was offered a position at Carrol corporations Asst Manager at 40,000 a year 50 hours a week. When this is added up divided multiply and subtract it comes to about 1398 and hour. They tell me that I’m salary but I’m paid hourly confused. I am not sure how long I will stay in this position or with this company. After speaking with the manager and District manager I may have ruffled their feathers a tad bit. Overall I can’t say that at this particular store the crew is great they’re fun outgoing make you feel comfortable loving and inviting. I don’t know how much longer I can stay here with their pay rate due to the fact they tell me it was 40,000 a year and when I added up it seem like I am about $6500 short
Pros
At this time the crew is a happy crew inviting crew management is cool
Cons
I don’t understand how I am paid 40, 000 a year and I am only seeing about 34, 000 a year it’s confusing and 50 hours a week is a lot before the pay I will find something else
Amazing place to work!
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 1, 2018
I am a current Assistant General Manager for Carrols at a Burger King store in Kentucky. Carrols has allowed me to transfer to different states allowing me to grow as a manager. I love working for this company. My managers have worked with and developed me into an amazing manager and I cannot wait to be running my own store. The opportunities for advancement are endless and as long as you have the drive you can pretty much do anything you put your mind to.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedule, and the ability to transfer stores
Cons
No breaks
Stress fill and nowhere to go
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 20, 2018
This is not a good company to work for . They have strong favoritism and its hard to move up. They set you up to fail and if you do make any kind of Success out of ur mess they will not give you any money.
Work Review
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Depends on what day it is your day could go from slow to busy to normal customers rage . Ive learned to speed pace my self as a worker and the managers are a rush .
Pros
lunch discount
Cons
hardly no breaks
Great place to work, could use different management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 12, 2018
A typical work day is easy going, fast paced, but not difficult. As long as you do your job you should not run into too many problems. The staff is really cool. However the some of the management tend to let their positions go to their head and they have favorites which get to do whatever they want to do. That is unfair when the rest of the staff has to follow the rules.
Pros
Discount on lunch. Bonuses were given when contests were won.
Cons
Understaffed a lot of the time. Some staff don't want to work.
nothing out of the ordinary
Cashier (Seasonal), Burger King (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19140September 2, 2018
Regular job if you're doing what you're supposed to and there wouldn't be no problems. Basically it's just a "get told what to do and do it" type of place.
Fun place to work
Burger King (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, INJuly 29, 2018
Some days are really busy, and some are slow. Great people to work with. They will work with you on your schedule and are pretty good about giving days off when needed.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
short staffed
management
burgerking (Former Employee) –  Thompson roadMay 6, 2018
Real disrespectful managers. Great place to work real great franchuse it was just the part that my managers tbrough burgerking 2 years ago were real disrespectful.
Pros
great work place
Cons
disrespectful managers
Great place to work, with culture of advancement
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 25, 2018
Carrols is a great place to work and has a culture for advancement. I have worked for this company for over 26 years and I have learned many things while working for this company. I would recommend this company to anyone. It is a fast paced and competitive job that takes dedication but Carrols will always reward those that put in the effort and help to maintain the proper culture.
Good Temp job
Crew (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 11, 2018
Co workers are always friendly. Once you get set in to a routine day to day tasks become so easy you do them with out thinking. I worst part of working for them is the Management. They seem to think they can talk to crew memebers with disrespect at times. Hours are not so great either can never get over 30 hours and no paid vacation unless you work a certain amount of hours durning one year which wont happen if you cant work over 30
Fast paced work place fun work ethics
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 9, 2018
Loved working at the job everyday. I learned how to use different mechanisms provided by tools needed in the job being done the only hard part was trying to be perfect, it's an enjoyable work place you can say. Best part was to apply my skills to my work place an helping it flourish.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
good place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 6, 2018
fast paced , wonderful training , managers are very hands on and willing to help at any time needed very friendly place to work , very clean , a lot of on the job training followed up with training viedos and a great company to advance with
Pros
discount meals, friendly pace to work
Cons
no cons
Fun easy goin workplace
Burger King Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 5, 2018
I liked working here because it’s easy, there ppl are nice and funny to work with even when I’m having a bad day. If your looking for a first job I highly recommend Burger King.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Short breaks