cars.com

cars.com Employee Reviews

United States78 reviews
Productive, high energy place to work in the competitive automotive advertising space
Cars has evolved from the privately held firm years ago to a publicly traded entity as of 2017. Constantly forward-thinking and adapting to the changing consumer landscape and the needs of it's dealer/OEM base. High energy, fast-paced, demanding (as it should be) - a great place to learn and grow. Good advancement opportunity but as market conditions and volatility factor in, like many in this space they can be prone to staffing RIF and turnover.
It was nice working with my team
I was able to work from home and on the road lots of flexibility just make your numbers and you can do as you please. I loved working with my manager and with my team.
Cars.com is a survivor!
cars.com has gone through it's struggles in all areas of the organization but have been honest and open to that fact and willing to take a step back and see what need to be changed. I am a proud alumni of cars.com and would return in a heartbeat!
A great company, great people
Cars is a great company with great people. I enjoyed my work, and felt we provided a quality service and resource to car shoppers, as well as to our dealer/OEM customers.
Fun Work Place
Cars.com is a great place for an internship if interested in sales. A well rounded internship that teaches you the basics of sales, digital marketing and customer service.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great People
The company is filled with smart, hard working people. There is opportunity within Cars and sister company Dealer Inspire. Supportive Sales leadership.
ugg
It's not worth your time and with the way, AV is running things it's only getting worse by the second - sad really. CFO only cares about shareholders and not people.
A great Place to Work!
I really enjoy working here. Management is great. I feel good about the tasks I'm given and I'm rarely ever micromanagement. I honestly don't have any reasons I would leave at this time.
Great place to work!
Changed my life for the better in many ways, socially, financially, and mentally. The managers here aren’t just role models but they are leaders. They have helped me grow into one of the best reps in my department. Without their help I wouldn’t be where I am at right now!
I loved working at cars.com. I would still be there if they had not eliminated my position.
Managers are very supportive and want to see you succeed.
Very helpful for car shoppers
Cars.com worked hard to create a unique voice in the automotive space. They created new approaches to video, reviews and podcasts. They're the best place to turn to when you need to find a car.
Great place to work and learn
I loved working for this company. The culture is unbeatable. Unfortunately, during company restructuring, my position along with many others, was eliminated. These decisions weren't personal, but part of the tough choices that companies must make. If you have an opportunity to join this company. Take it!
Love working here
This is a great company to work for. While it's a larger, more established company, you're still able to make an impact and be exposed to other areas.
Many hands-on skills acquired exceptional people
I joined Cars.com in its infancy,and was there for a decade. The experience gained was immeasurable. I was part of a dynamic sales team that grew from 3 people to over 40 when I left.

The senior management team was big on transparency, which helped us understand overall company goals and to feel tied to the company's overall success.

My co-workers were just exceptional people, and made coming to work every day worth it. It was a great company culture with benefits, bonuses and perks that I have not experienced in any other role.
Pros
Great benefits, training, education reimbursement, time-off for volunteering, annual bonuses
Cars.com
Good job for people out of college. Options are limited when it comes to management opportunities. You will gain invaluable experience, but they are currently going through some late stage growth issues.
Huge company reorg a few months after I started, no job security
Long days required at work, did sometimes comp. Job culture relaxed, as well as relaxed dress code. Sometimes has free meals during or after work. Good opportunity to work with up to date web based technologies. Many issues related to Management priorities and differences between project manager expectations and QA manager expectations. Most QA work now offshore with only Test Coordinators/Managers onshore. Frequent changes to offshore personnel made time specific goals sometimes difficult to achieve. Good relationship between QA and Development staff.
Pros
Working remotely, Salary, team relationships
Cons
number of organizational changes, managment
Changes abound
This is a company that is working to find their new culture. Culture at Car.com used to be its greatest asset. Hopefully the new stucture will show great success.
Great opportunity if you're willing to hustle
Great income opportunity if you're willing to put in the hours for it. Hustle is rewarded. They downsized the field sales team so opportunities may be minimal going forward. Great atmosphere, benefits, and people.
Great atmosphere.
Great place to have a career and learn for your next role. You get prepared by seeing and hearing what makes the company click. You learn how to treat people and how not to treat people based on observation of upper management.
Greatest job in the world
My time at Cars is by far the best career move I ever made. The culture is amazing, the co-works are friends and the support you get from management and training are far better than any other company I have ever worked for in my 20 years in the business. Upper management knows you by name. Not sure if they are quizzed on this but it's true, no matter your location in the country, they know you and care about what you bring to the company. You are a person, not a number and your value is important.
Pros
work/life balance, culture, support, education, fast pace work, ever changing, you never get bored
Cons
Career advancement is slow
A great place to start out
Cars.com was a great place for young people to begin building a career. There was plenty of flexibility offered and great teammates. Management and company culture changed over the years.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at cars.com. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at cars.com.