Carshield

• Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

I love this place so freakin much

CarShield is an independent extended warranty provider with coverage for new and used cars. The company offers six types of warranty service plans, ranging from a basic drivetrain warranty to a plan comparable to a new car’s factory warranty. Used car warranties from CarShield can cover up to 300,000 miles, making CarShield a solid choice for high-mileage vehicles.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Stress

Turn and Burn

You are just a cog in a wheel. Management only cares about how many hours you can put in and how many calls/deals you can put on the board. Carshield likes to preach culture but the fact is its a call center and its all business. You will be passed team to team and management really doesn't care about building any kind of relationship with its employees. Definition of a job and not a career.

Pros

bonus pay is good

Cons

everything besides the bonuses.

Good place to start customer service

Carshield is good place to start if you want to break into customer service with a higher than normal starting pay at 17/hr customer service/Retention is 19/hr and Retention is 21/25hr. Coworkers are cool, managers are okay there are some that will micromanage. Training needs to be better you will learn alot more outside of training that you should know before hitting the floor. The work days are 9hr shifts with an hr lunch, but every first Monday of the month or whatever day the first lands on you have to do an extra 30min plus lunch is reduced to 30 minutes lunch is provided on those days. Another thing every Monday afterwards is a 30min lunch. These Mondays lunch isn't provided they don't let you know that until the 5th week of training. Also must work 2 Saturdays a month. The retention aspect is a bit... the best way to say it is your integrity and moral compass will be put into question. Also, if you want to change departments to something less stressful make sure you have a supervisor who will help and support your decision. Unfortunately, mine was not trying to help. Its an okay place to start but just not for me.

Pros

Free lunch first Monday each month, pay

Cons

Questionable tactics to keep customers, retention, work/ life balance hard to get part time or move to a less stressful department.

Fun place to work if you don't mind tricking old people

I have no problem with the extended warranty thing as a whole, most people buy it knowing what's going on. But they tend to push you to push elderly people who are confused over to sales reps, who then try to aggressively sell them stuff they don't need.

Stressful place to work with no work/life balance but good pay

Great pay but be prepared to give up your life by working 6 days a week twice a month. They don’t care if you need a break a time off no matter the reason even life or death… you better figure it out if u want 2 keep your job there. Managers are catty and show favoritism but they’re barely trained themselves in leadership… if you need the $$ go for it otherwise there are much better jobs / more understanding ppl.

The most fun a Call-Center can possibly be

I started at Carshield two years ago thinking it would just be a temporary stop along my way to another job. But here I am still enjoying my career. The money is great, and the coworkers are amazing. Don’t get me wrong, the calls can get extremely stressful. But Carshield does everything they can to make this a pleasant workplace.

pay is good with benefits and the management is great

This job is a great place to work with the ability to make what you want. Management seems to care about you and what's going on in your life and they are generally understanding. It can be a stressful job but the pay reflects that. Great place with some great opportunities.

Fun and upbeat work environment!

The good is they understand and care about your personal life, things do happen outside of work. You are able to work remote if needed. Offer a weekly bonus and the dress code is relaxed. Managers have an open door policy.The bad is non paid holidays.

This is a production and fun place to work.

Working at Carshield brings a lot opportunities to the table. There is most definitely a lot of room growth within the company. They are also very understanding about having a life outside of Carshield which isn’t common for many companies. Everyone is also super friendly, I’ve truly gained some lifetime friendships working here. I highly recommend applying here.

Pros

Free lunches every first Monday of the month, You have your own personal space, Break room area is really nice, They also have a gym downstairs, Another great thing is that the training process is really detailed so you aren’t just thrown in

Cons

Must work 2 Saturdays a month of over time

Fun environment and great management

Carshield has some of the best managers I’ve ever had. It’s a very relaxed work environment, all of the people are very friendly. They have good pay and good benefits.

Mentally Draining

To be honest carshield use to be the place to work even just two years ago! They had Rolexes Christmas bonuses and even would send top reps to Chicago.they showed they care so did we However the management just changed so much over the years and they got rid of the amazing incentives that made people want to work. On top of all that The upper mobility is also very lacked with diversity and being able to grow a career. If you want to work here and be good, you need to work allot of overtime and really understand to them your another number. They don’t care about losing top reps like they use to. They will let you go and be done with you. your hard work here is for you, not them at that point. It’s great pay but you gotta work like crazy and be ok with not being appreciated. The company is to big to care and owners pay people to make these decisions so they don’t care either.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Overtime, no work life balance. No work culture. No extra incentives, no upper mobility. Management is terrible

Plenty of Opportunities

Having worked with CarShield for almost four years, I have been given the chance to work in multiple departments and gain experience in almost every position available. It’s a great feeling being able to obtain more knowledge with each step and really round out my career here. This company offers so much to their employees that it would be hard to find another place that can really compare to CarShield.

Please don't work for this company

This company is an absolute joke. They find any way they can to not pay on a claim. The contracts they have with customers are filled with loop holes to get out of paying. Members call in very upset, we get the worst of it. We have to deal with angry people on the daily, because this company is a sham. They don't provide very good training to do your job, they just throw you in. When you ask for extra help they say they don't do coaching or extra training. When you ask about how you can be faster and better, to reach their unreasonable metrics they set for you THEY TELL YOU TO SKIP YOUR LUNCH AND BREAKS to make your dials and collections. The phones and computers are always messing up, making it even harder to not making your dials. Somehow that's your fault, you should have skipped lunch to catch up. They set these high numbers for you to reach and if you don't make them you get wrote up. It seems they are forcing you to be a robot and never leave your desk. The mandatory overtime is ridiculous. I was told at the interview I had to do an hour of OT one Monday of the month, no it's all of them. 2 Saturdays minimum are required of OT. If you don't make your dials you are required to come in Saturday as well to make those dials up. So you could have to work every Saturday on top of your normal Mon-Fri. Not to mention the mandatory OT the first week of the month, everyday. If you want to work from home due to illness, weather, etc you have to buy your own computer, headset, and everything else. They provide nothing. During covid when we all worked from home, if you didn't -

Cons

Pay for your own work from home equipment, including the pc. Mandatory OT. Unrealistic numbers to meet. Favoritism.

It’s a great company where everyone is family and I feel good knowing I work to help people

I love working for this company it’s honest it also feels good knowing I get paid helping people each and every day wouldn’t want it any other way love it here.

Pros

Working hard gets notice

Cons

only cons is that this place isn’t 24/7 open other than that it’s I believe it’s perfect

Unorganized call center with decent pay

They don’t care about the employees. They work you half to death and make overtime mandatory and a lot of it. The money is great especially compared to most jobs but the stress from being overworked with no work/life balance makes it not even worth it in the end. Drama and disrespectful management that only look out for their favorites don’t work here

Pros

Free lunches during overtime and competitive pay

Cons

No work/life balance, stressful work environment, horrible management, unorganized

Best place I’ve worked at and don’t plan on leaving

During the peak of covid I worked as a nurse. Long story short I needed back surgery and couldn’t work in that field anymore. CarShield was my first opportunity presented to me and I’m so so so happy I didn’t turn it down. Going from nursing to a desk job made me nervous that I wouldn’t be able to succeed in something this different. But since I’ve walked in the door for the first time I was welcomed with open arms and so much help. The training is great, Management is unbelievable and the work environment is amazing. I’ve never had so much respect and so much care from a job. Every single manager I’ve had is a blessing to me, they’ve guided me to success! I’ll forever be blessed for them and don’t ever plan on leaving

Pros

Management. Pay. Work environment.

Cons

Healthcare is too much for me but I would love to have it

Pay is good. Requires lots of long hours. No room for advancement

Pay is good. Requires lots of long hours. No room for advancement.People are friendly.You make your check, the more you work and the better you are the more you will make.

Pros

Pay is good.

Cons

Requires lots of long hours. No room for advancement.

CarShield offers a lot of growth within the fast changing company. Those whom accept the challenges of the fast pace will prosper.There will always been new challenges to overcome that come with the growth but it allows for a lot of opportunities for self improvement.

Productive and competitive work environment. The managers are amazing and very accommodating to your needs!

The managers really help seal the deal when it comes to wanting to work at carshield. They make everything very easy and flow very well! There’s also a chance you can work from home if needed which is great!

Pros

Free lunch, great environment, multiple breaks, unlimited overtime, and overall amazing staff.

Cons

Health care is a bit expensive.

Great culture with passionate people.

I love the culture and freedon of expression that is found in carshiled. We are all professionals, dedicated to succeed and do not succumb to petty micro management. I feel part of a team and the goals are clear. Top perfromance demands dedication and sacrifice, as it should be. Its not a small task to get 1st place and that is recognized by all. What I love most is the competition I experience is against my willingness to succeed and not other reps.

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. Flexible management.

Cons

Not a con, but top performance requires a lot of hours.

Fun workplace, excellent management,good training, excellent bonuses.

Carshield is by far the best company I have ever worked at. Carshield is a company that values their employees and not only helps employees to reach their goals, they reward you for reaching them too!

Pros

Company that recognizes and rewards your work.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carshield. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits