Carson Tahoe Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Professional and Friendly Environment
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 31, 2018
Besides the daily work tasks of an ultrasound technologist, the management and fellow Sonographers are very supportive of each other. It was often busy, and everyone did their best to help each other alleviate the work load. Going so far as to come in on their off days or working through their lunches. The high level teamwork was something I had never experienced before. Great place to work and my boss was very supportive
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Short breaks due to work load
Team was very professional and supportive
Part Time Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 28, 2018
Enjoyed working with the supportive staff. Though the hospital environment can be stressful, this was limited due to the staff. Management was also supportive and would answer and/or resolve any issues a staff member would have. I would not hesitate to return to Carson Tahoe if I lived in the area.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
High demand for units
Good people to work with. Friendly coworkers
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 14, 2018
My direct supervisors are great to work with however upper management is rather distant and detached from day to day issues of staffing and workload. Takes a long time to get new or additional equipment
Pros
One free meal, good benefits, PTO accumulates quickly
Cons
Depending on patiet count work load flucuate, Slow to get approvial to hire new staff when openings are available
Good co-workers
Marketing & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 3, 2018
I enjoyed working here for many years. Great place to work, but no room for advancement at a certain point. Benefits were great, management was adequate, but not the best mentors.
Medium sized hospital
Registered Nurse-Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 24, 2018
This is a beautiful facility to work with welcoming staff. Staffing ratios can be difficult at 5-7 M/S surgical patients per night. Many new grad RN on the units. Managers can be dishonest.
Productive and fun place to work
Surgical Technologist/Central Services (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 21, 2018
Very relaxing atmosphere, beginning the day with shift report. I learned to assist in vascular surgery. management team is solid and supportive. Team work is very good. Hardest part of the job is learning where everything leaves and the most enjoyable part is the comradery and support to each other.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Distance from home
Nice place to work, mostly good people.
Report Writer SSRS, SS SQL, TSQL, Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 27, 2018
Good location, great views, modern hospital.

Mostly good people to work with.

Get written contract.

Great area to live.

Hospital cafeteria has great food with good prices. Best bacon ever.
great place to work
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  NVJanuary 11, 2018
great staff and management. The management is very supportive of their staff and encourage growth through education. This is great place to work and learn.
Pros
to many to name
Very Busy hospital environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City NVJanuary 5, 2018
Work day: very Busy
I learned to better try to understand other people's side of things
My Managers were always approachable
The hardest thing about being a CNA is the sadness that comes with the job.
The most enjoyable part of being a CNA is having the opportunity to take patients and families, during their most difficult times.
Pros
Always had health fairs and opportunity for extra hours
Cons
Short breaks in a twelve hour period
A hospital that claims it cares about people, but it's all about the bottom line.
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 30, 2017
Management was all about the bottom line. It lost. it's small town charm. That's probably the way of the world. The hardest part of my job, was dealing with Physicians egos.
Pros
They had good people working there.
Cons
management and the bottom line
Carson Tahoe Health has been a great company to work for. I have always felt valued as an employee.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 9, 2017
I would continue working for Carson Tahoe if I were able to find a position that would not be so physically demanding at this time. I have always felt like an important part of the physical therapy team.
Toxic environment to work.
Nursing Director (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 31, 2017
The leadership at this organization have a knee jerk reaction to problem solving and conflict resolution. Lack cultural diversity. dismiss change management.
Long Gone
EOC Safety Officer, Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NVSeptember 13, 2017
Have not been there in five years. When I worked there it was pretty good, but few of the management staff I worked with are still there. It seems the turn over of management staff has effectively been turned over to lower benefit obligations.
Not a bad place but could be better
RN (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 4, 2017
Movement within the department as far as staffing occurs frequently so you won't be long on a shift you don't like. However, the constant movement is a bad sign.
Great Hospital - Loved Working Here
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 31, 2017
Beautiful facility, wonderful executives with which I worked. Lots of extra-curricular activities to be a part of, including things that benefited the community.

Only left to relocate closer to family in CA.
Pros
Beautiful Facility, nice people
Long work history there
Oncology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 10, 2017
I loved working for Carson Tahoe Health for many years in the Cancer Center. I will miss it. The opportunities are endless. You cant go wrong if you want to work for them.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Newly Corporate Redesigned Company that has no care for their community or their patients wellbeing
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NV 89706July 6, 2017
Was a great company to work for in the beginning but now that they have a newly redesigned corporate attitude the company has gone down hill. They lack respect or concerns for their patients and community. They care only about numbers and money signs instead of building trust and showing compassion and care to the patients that fill their all too greedy pockets. The company is discriminatory towards multiple employees and preferences and will ensure that these unfortunate employees are let go wrongfully and then try to make them sign silence contracts to cover their wrong doing. Would not recommend this growing threat to our community to anyone and advise anyone possible to go to healthcare options other than this company.
Pros
There are other Healthcare options available in the area
Cons
Horrible Patient Care and no respect or commitment to their employees
I certainly like working at Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Services.
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 8, 2017
I have been working at Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Service since April, 2015. I absolutely love my nursing jobs. Fortunately, I received my Family Nurse Practitioner degree last year. As a Family Nurse Practitioner I plan on bringing my dedication, knowledge, experience, and passion to the service of every patient and medical institution with whom I work. My ability to work under pressure and experience as a psychiatric nurse, registered nurse, and medical officer (MD, Bangladesh) will all benefit me greatly as a piece of the professional team I will someday be a part of.

I dislike about psychiatric nursing when I see some people come to the hospital so they can have their disability check and/or can avoid legal consequences when they are physically capable of work but truly lazy or they do want to get punishment of their wrong doing.
Pros
I certainly like working at Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Services, My passion is helping mentally ill person, Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Services provide me that opportunity, The management team and staff members are wonderful, and willing to serve their max all the time
Cons
There are no cons as a psychiatric nurse at Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Services, I truly love working here. Unfortunately, there is no position for Nurse Practitioner at CTBH.
Great Team, awesome opportunities
Emergency Department Nurse/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 31, 2017
Great environment. Very busy ER with a high throughput of patients. Everyone works together to get the goal accomplished. Working on improving our throughput by implementing new processes.
Productive and fun work place, learned a lot.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 16, 2017
I learned a lot about how to keep a sterile place. Has awesome coworkers, they were reasonable when emergencys came up, they would train you well for you to do a better job.
Pros
Learned a lot about the medical field.