Carson Valley Children's Aid Employee Reviews

Carson Valley Children’s Aid is a very stressful work environment.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAJune 15, 2018
Carson Valley Children’s Aid need training on respect and holding staff & residents accountable. Carson Valley Children’s Aid have poor working conditions.
Pros
Varies schedules
Cons
No structure
Fun working with the children
Assistant Group Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2018
CVCA OST program is filled with fun. The employees are like family and the so are the children. The main goal of the job is to have the best interest in the child's learning.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
Not the greatest pay rate
Immediate collegues provide great working environment
Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2018
Lack of transparency from senior leadership, not included in decision making. Senior leadership often does not solicit input regarding key decisions for programming that often result in an unfavorable ending.
Awful management, want volunteers not employees
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
Only apply for a position with this company if you like to not get paid on time, and when you do it will never be adequate to the amount of time you worked. I have yet to recieve a check with more than half of the actual hours I worked during the pay period. Terrible experience, I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
The children are fun to work with, non-management employees are very relaxed and easy to work with
Cons
Terrible pay
Non-profit
Associate (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PAMarch 19, 2018
Workplace culture continues to evolve. Management continues to address employee satisfaction. Great push for professional development has occurred more recently.
Pros
Great clientelle
Cons
Not an evironment that endorses self-care
overall great place to work
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2018
very nice company to work for. Management is fair and coworkers are impressive. The professional development is standard for the field and they are willing to provide training if needed.
I enjoyed working with my client at a school setting. The hardest part was leaving my client to go home.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Don’t waste your time applying
Child care worker (Former Employee) –  FlourtownMarch 10, 2018
Only reason why I gave this place a 2 star and because of the kids! The children were the best part of the job. Poor communication, zero programming, no assistance with very aggressive children. Low pay for what you do. Fed the kids horrible food. I had to put money out my pockets to do certain activities. The worse favoritism I ever encountered. They tell you it’s opened door policy and to not chase the children, but they will fire you for children eloping.
Pros
The children and location
Cons
Work hours, management, unprofessional, favoritism, low pay
It was a good experience
Assistant Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2018
I loved working with the children at the school but I was definitely under paid. It was a part-time job so I can see why. I was there for about 3 years and they school that hosted the program was shut down by the city.
Rapid Response Program
RSRI (Current Employee) –  Allegheny West PhiladelphiaDecember 2, 2017
Carson Valley is a enjoyable place to work because of the management specifically for RSRI. Very supportive supervisors and administration. The office environment can be somewhat challenging as expected with a bunch of women, but for the most part good vibes. The pay could be more, however the compensation for your travel supplements some. Overall CVCA is a pretty good place for employment.
Pros
Team Oriented, Supportive Supervisors, Paid Travel, Flexible Schedule
Cons
No Raises, Compensation, Gossipy Staff
Great Place to Work
Chief Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PANovember 24, 2017
This an amazing place to work however the pay is not.

A typical day - there is not one because everyday is very different

What you learned - how to work in a place where you are not valued but the work you do is very important and motivates you daily

Workplace culture - The culture needs work.

The hardest part of the job - Is dealing with management that are not really focused on the direct care workers and middle management has no power or authority

The most enjoyable part of this job - working with the youth and seeing positive changes in their life.
Pros
Great expereince
Cons
Low pay
Loved most of it
Assistant Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
I loved the program, director and youth served. We were a family unit. The environment was hectic but full of support. I miss working with them but needed a change.
ok place to work
Receptionist / Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAOctober 24, 2017
Generally a good place to work. They are a part of helping young people's lives. I wish I could have stayed, but circumstances were not good at the time to do so.
horrifying workplace
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAOctober 17, 2017
Unsafe environment for staff and residents, complete lack of strong supervisory roles/management, culture of abuse and mistreatment of adolescents, utter lack of therapeutic or even healthy engagement from staff to residents, absolutely no professional/therapeutic boundaries, supervisor inept and constantly played favorites - putting residents at risk to do so and allowing staff to bully and harm adolescents, little therapeutic/psychological knowledge/training among direct care staff, culture of apathy.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
a lawsuit waiting to happen
Violent premises
Child Care Internship (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAOctober 4, 2017
Resources are few
Family oriented hiring
Must be able to keep campus secrets
Must have extremely poor moral capacity and just looking a job to work here.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
View Summary
A typical work day
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PASeptember 21, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of an enthusiastic atmosphere where we used a team approach to carry out most tasks. The duties I encountered in a days work were filing documents, entering/ maintaining records, and screening calls. The most difficult day I had experienced was having to de-escalate a person in recovery by remaining calm and validating their feelings. As a result, I learned patience and how to listen to people on a deeper level.
Not an productive environment
Behavior Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2017
I was a contractor working at Carson Valley in the Rapid Response department. It was an very hostile and aggressive environment. The director had poor management methods and also responds to her employees in an rude fashion. I had immediately resigns from this assignment.
A lot of land
On-Call Supervisor /Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PASeptember 3, 2017
Very stressful, staff needs more support . Staff works well together, however, they are underpaid.
My supervisor is very good and understanding to staff needs.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breakes
Work at your own pace with minimal supervision.
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2017
Overall a great place to work in regards to the mental health field as it pertains to children.You are pretty much your own boss. As a TSS worker you are working one-on-one a lot with mentally challenged children.
Pros
Working at your own pace.
Cons
lots of breaks in sevices due to schol district's schedule.
Unprofessional
BHRS Case Management Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 23, 2017
not a place i fit in no professionalism at all unorganized and very stressful environment i don't have much more to say in writing but i am comfortable discussing this in person face to face
Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, PAJune 24, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. They are unprofessional and not willing to give you enough cases to make a sufficient amount of money. They will also find a reasons to delay paying you for your services at the last minute. This is a company looking for free labor. Its a waste of your time and education working for this company. Consider a different company to work for because you will definitely regret working for Carson Valley Children Aid.
Pros
Client's
Cons
Unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carson Valley Children's Aid. Our community is ready to answer.