Carson Valley Children's Aid Employee Reviews

Wonderful Mission with Horrible Leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAMarch 24, 2019
This organization has a wonderful mission and could be a great place to work if it were not so very poorly managed. Carson Valley "front line" staff are truly motivated and genuinely care about the children and youth they serve. However, senior leadership abilities in the areas of communication, advocacy, creativity, and cohesion are sorely lacking!
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
long hours, salary, lack of work-life balance, stressful workplace culture, poor management
If you don’t have empathy or sympathize with the children then you’re in the wrong field!
Professional Parent (Current Employee) –  Montgomery County, PAFebruary 16, 2019
I was one of those children growing up as well as a former student at Carson.
Love what you do or find a career/job that’s suitable for you and your needs!
Children Aid is the Company Name
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to change youths behaviors while also teaching others how to help and manage challenging behaviors. While working for the company for almost 5 years I have recently learned that everyone in the field isn't in it to help the children and families and may not share the passion I have for seeing improvements in others lives.
Pros
Helping youth in need.
Cons
Adults behaviors whom are considered professionals.
unprofessional
Family Stabilization Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2019
I would not prefer to return, sophomoric employees. Secretarial staff do not support with filing and managing documents which makes for very challenging audits.
Pros
casual scheduling
Cons
low pay and stressful work environment
Live in Parent
Live In Parent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2019
Worse management I ever worked for in my entire working career. I was responsible for 4 children. I was on duty from the time I got up which was by 5:45 am until 11:00 pm. If a child got sick in the middle of the night I would have get everyone up to go to E/R which happened a quite a few times had a child that was asthmatic and was always ill. Sit in E/R for hours with the other children. When child was discharged I would have to make arrangements for the other children to go to school.
Pros
Horrible
Cons
Horrible
Productive and fun
Classroom Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2018
I learned how important it is to connect with and teach children everyday because they are not learning as much as they should. The children often times need someone and you are their person, it is good feeling for all.
A company with a great purpose
Professional Parent (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PASeptember 17, 2018
The company has a great purpose but just need to hold the kids accountable. And arrange the kids in a better age group.Example 13-15,16-18.So they can have more in common.
Pros
Community Homes are nice.
Cons
If the kids were suspend the professional parents had to stay home with them
Great job
Teacher's Assistant/Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoy my job at Carson Valley the job is very challenging at times some of the chicken have very special needs u have to have training every 3 months to be successful to work at Carson Valley but at the end of the day it’s very rewarding for the children as well as for myself being able to make a difference to a child .
Pros
Lunc breaks
Cons
No breaks
Schedule varies dependinig on attendance of clients. The hardest part of the job is high turn over rate
School Based Clinician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2018
Schedule varies depending on attendance of clients. The hardest part of the job is high turn over rate. The work environment changes at time can be conflictual.
good place to get some experience
Administrative Assistant to Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAAugust 23, 2018
worked there for 8 years.They stopped giving raises the year I started, since then only promises. People stay for a short time, feel unappreciated and leave.
Pros
diversity
Cons
low pay, poor communication through levels
Enjoyable work place
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAAugust 6, 2018
Typical day was helping onboard new hires, lots of paperwork, etc. I learned how to do HR and understand the other side of a company. Workplace culture is like a family and that's good since they are promoting helping kids in difficult family situations. Hardest part of the job was the turnover, constant hiring of new people. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting good new people who have hearts to help children.
Pros
Doing good in the community.
Cons
Tough finding and keeping good employees to work with troubled kids.
Unprofessional work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
It is very unprofessional at this agency. There has been numerous times that we did not get paid on our pay day. The supervisor's are the most unprofessional and does not know how to speak to their staff. They expect a lot from their employees but don't give anything back. There are several individuals that have been working for this company for over 10 years and is walking away from the company.
Not a bad secondary job
Relief Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PAJuly 7, 2018
I started as a relief worker now working ft, I love working with the children although at times it can be a little stressful, however, the staff is more stressful than the children. The pay is not great but its cool for a secondary job.
Pros
It' a relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Pay is low and co workers cant be trusted
Productive fun place to work
ADDICTIONS THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PA 19031July 5, 2018
• Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the client’s treatment are integrated into a holistic plan for the child within the family, school, residential, and community to make sure that the client is receiving the highest quality of clinical treatment.
• Met weekly with assigned Behavior Specialist Consultants, Therapeutic Support Staff, Mobile Therapist’s and Case Managers to provide direct supervision.
• Interact regularly with clients, families, school personnel, psychologist and the psychiatrist. I learned that I am a compassionate and devoted person when it come to helping others.
I found that working in management is one of my greatest assets knowing I am able to lead a group of employees and have successful outcomes. The work culture was great, everyone worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was observing families that did not have much, yet were able to survive with supports. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with families.
Pros
Enjoying working with families
Cons
Short breaks
Great team members
Manger (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
Remain there so you can learn and develop professional once you have experience move on. Over the years upper management have lost sight of the main focus of the organization which is providing services to children and families.
Needed more things for the kids to do for the one that Youth too young to work
Residential adviser (Current Employee) –  536Bethlehem Pike fort Washington Pa 19034June 19, 2018
You’re too young to workAlso I feel as if they needed to pay more attention to their employees that put a lot of time into the youth and effort in their groth
Pros
Yes we could eat whatever we wanted
Carson Valley Children’s Aid is a very stressful work environment.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAJune 15, 2018
Carson Valley Children’s Aid need training on respect and holding staff & residents accountable. Carson Valley Children’s Aid have poor working conditions.
Pros
Varies schedules
Cons
No structure
Fun working with the children
Assistant Group Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2018
CVCA OST program is filled with fun. The employees are like family and the so are the children. The main goal of the job is to have the best interest in the child's learning.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
Not the greatest pay rate
Immediate collegues provide great working environment
Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2018
Lack of transparency from senior leadership, not included in decision making. Senior leadership often does not solicit input regarding key decisions for programming that often result in an unfavorable ending.
Awful management, want volunteers not employees
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
Only apply for a position with this company if you like to not get paid on time, and when you do it will never be adequate to the amount of time you worked. I have yet to recieve a check with more than half of the actual hours I worked during the pay period. Terrible experience, I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
The children are fun to work with, non-management employees are very relaxed and easy to work with
Cons
Terrible pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carson Valley Children's Aid. Our community is ready to answer.