Carson Valley Children's Aid Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Classroom Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2018
I learned how important it is to connect with and teach children everyday because they are not learning as much as they should. The children often times need someone and you are their person, it is good feeling for all.
Great job
Teacher's Assistant/Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoy my job at Carson Valley the job is very challenging at times some of the chicken have very special needs u have to have training every 3 months to be successful to work at Carson Valley but at the end of the day it’s very rewarding for the children as well as for myself being able to make a difference to a child .
Pros
Lunc breaks
Cons
No breaks
Schedule varies dependinig on attendance of clients. The hardest part of the job is high turn over rate
School Based Clinician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2018
Schedule varies depending on attendance of clients. The hardest part of the job is high turn over rate. The work environment changes at time can be conflictual.
good place to get some experience
Administrative Assistant to Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAAugust 23, 2018
worked there for 8 years.They stopped giving raises the year I started, since then only promises. People stay for a short time, feel unappreciated and leave.
Pros
diversity
Cons
low pay, poor communication through levels
Enjoyable work place
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAAugust 6, 2018
Typical day was helping onboard new hires, lots of paperwork, etc. I learned how to do HR and understand the other side of a company. Workplace culture is like a family and that's good since they are promoting helping kids in difficult family situations. Hardest part of the job was the turnover, constant hiring of new people. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting good new people who have hearts to help children.
Pros
Doing good in the community.
Cons
Tough finding and keeping good employees to work with troubled kids.
Unprofessional work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
It is very unprofessional at this agency. There has been numerous times that we did not get paid on our pay day. The supervisor's are the most unprofessional and does not know how to speak to their staff. They expect a lot from their employees but don't give anything back. There are several individuals that have been working for this company for over 10 years and is walking away from the company.
Not a bad secondary job
Relief Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PAJuly 7, 2018
I started as a relief worker now working ft, I love working with the children although at times it can be a little stressful, however, the staff is more stressful than the children. The pay is not great but its cool for a secondary job.
Pros
It' a relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Pay is low and co workers cant be trusted
Productive fun place to work
ADDICTIONS THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PA 19031July 5, 2018
• Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the client’s treatment are integrated into a holistic plan for the child within the family, school, residential, and community to make sure that the client is receiving the highest quality of clinical treatment.
• Met weekly with assigned Behavior Specialist Consultants, Therapeutic Support Staff, Mobile Therapist’s and Case Managers to provide direct supervision.
• Interact regularly with clients, families, school personnel, psychologist and the psychiatrist. I learned that I am a compassionate and devoted person when it come to helping others.
I found that working in management is one of my greatest assets knowing I am able to lead a group of employees and have successful outcomes. The work culture was great, everyone worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was observing families that did not have much, yet were able to survive with supports. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with families.
Pros
Enjoying working with families
Cons
Short breaks
Great team members
Manger (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
Remain there so you can learn and develop professional once you have experience move on. Over the years upper management have lost sight of the main focus of the organization which is providing services to children and families.
Needed more things for the kids to do for the one that Youth too young to work
Residential adviser (Current Employee) –  536Bethlehem Pike fort Washington Pa 19034June 19, 2018
You’re too young to workAlso I feel as if they needed to pay more attention to their employees that put a lot of time into the youth and effort in their groth
Pros
Yes we could eat whatever we wanted
Carson Valley Children’s Aid is a very stressful work environment.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAJune 15, 2018
Carson Valley Children’s Aid need training on respect and holding staff & residents accountable. Carson Valley Children’s Aid have poor working conditions.
Pros
Varies schedules
Cons
No structure
Fun working with the children
Assistant Group Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2018
CVCA OST program is filled with fun. The employees are like family and the so are the children. The main goal of the job is to have the best interest in the child's learning.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
Not the greatest pay rate
Immediate collegues provide great working environment
Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2018
Lack of transparency from senior leadership, not included in decision making. Senior leadership often does not solicit input regarding key decisions for programming that often result in an unfavorable ending.
Awful management, want volunteers not employees
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
Only apply for a position with this company if you like to not get paid on time, and when you do it will never be adequate to the amount of time you worked. I have yet to recieve a check with more than half of the actual hours I worked during the pay period. Terrible experience, I would recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
The children are fun to work with, non-management employees are very relaxed and easy to work with
Cons
Terrible pay
Non-profit
Associate (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PAMarch 19, 2018
Workplace culture continues to evolve. Management continues to address employee satisfaction. Great push for professional development has occurred more recently.
Pros
Great clientelle
Cons
Not an evironment that endorses self-care
overall great place to work
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2018
very nice company to work for. Management is fair and coworkers are impressive. The professional development is standard for the field and they are willing to provide training if needed.
I enjoyed working with my client at a school setting. The hardest part was leaving my client to go home.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Don’t waste your time applying
Child care worker (Former Employee) –  FlourtownMarch 10, 2018
Only reason why I gave this place a 2 star and because of the kids! The children were the best part of the job. Poor communication, zero programming, no assistance with very aggressive children. Low pay for what you do. Fed the kids horrible food. I had to put money out my pockets to do certain activities. The worse favoritism I ever encountered. They tell you it’s opened door policy and to not chase the children, but they will fire you for children eloping.
Pros
The children and location
Cons
Work hours, management, unprofessional, favoritism, low pay
It was a good experience
Assistant Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2018
I loved working with the children at the school but I was definitely under paid. It was a part-time job so I can see why. I was there for about 3 years and they school that hosted the program was shut down by the city.
Rapid Response Program
RSRI (Current Employee) –  Allegheny West PhiladelphiaDecember 2, 2017
Carson Valley is a enjoyable place to work because of the management specifically for RSRI. Very supportive supervisors and administration. The office environment can be somewhat challenging as expected with a bunch of women, but for the most part good vibes. The pay could be more, however the compensation for your travel supplements some. Overall CVCA is a pretty good place for employment.
Pros
Team Oriented, Supportive Supervisors, Paid Travel, Flexible Schedule
Cons
No Raises, Compensation, Gossipy Staff
Great Place to Work
Chief Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PANovember 24, 2017
This an amazing place to work however the pay is not.

A typical day - there is not one because everyday is very different

What you learned - how to work in a place where you are not valued but the work you do is very important and motivates you daily

Workplace culture - The culture needs work.

The hardest part of the job - Is dealing with management that are not really focused on the direct care workers and middle management has no power or authority

The most enjoyable part of this job - working with the youth and seeing positive changes in their life.
Pros
Great expereince
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carson Valley Children's Aid. Our community is ready to answer.