Carter's

United States2,414 reviews

Found 2,414 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,774 reviews
clothestorebabyretaildiscountassociatecustomersale

Fun place to work

Carter was a fun place to work. Not all the time as a n Asst. Manager were we recognize for the work that we did it would go to the Store Managers instead.

What is the best part of working at the company?The discount is decent. Being able to view the merchandise before its set on the salesfloor.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The job is stressful becsuse there is lazy mgmt. When this is brought up to upper mgmt no action is taken. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hostile. There is no culture its best to not engage and just do the bare minumum. Thats what everyone else does.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Running a businees properly, eventhoughit has to be done without a team since they just hide or sit somewhere.

Carter's insights

Based on 1,461 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun but bad management

Job was fun and never boring. Learned a lot. Good for people who want to get retail and managerial experience. Hours were terrible though and Management was absolutely horrid in Jackson NJ. Got taken advantage of many times regarding hours and just in every day tasks. Not very flexible and employees are not cared about.

Workplace

He is a great boss very understanding acknowledge my hard work etc love working on yards learning and developing new things and different things love doing my job’s

Pros

New environment

Cons

I love doing my job

horrible hours and management was very bleh

I always felt like an outsider here, coworkers and managers never really spoke with me… I was told my task of the day and I never spoke with anyone the whole shift until I clocked out. I never felt welcomed here, somewhat toxic management. Discount is decent. I would work once every 3 months. A lot of favoritism. Do not recommend.

Pros

nothing

Cons

very few hours, always felt like an outsider here, rarely got a break

Ehh

It wasn’t a terrible place to work !! The company definitely tries to make it a place where people would want to work but as a manager I felt like we were always understaffed

Fun

I love it. Don’t plan on leaving anytime soonS would love you to stay here but my school and work schedule is conflicting other than that working here is amazing

Good

Easy job to work with and seasonal money if need . They are easy jobs, but hard to get full time temporary only and that is about it everything else is easy going.

Fun and interpersonal job

It’s fun to see babies all day. Very few hours for associates so if you need a job with 20-40 hours, this is not the place for you. Also they pressure you to get credit card applications daily. Small staff will be doing a lot of work such as markdowns, truck, Inventory, signage, order fulfillment, and more

Great company

Work with amazing people. We all work together as a team. We all learn and help each other out. They appreciate you. Friendly customers . Great hours of operation. Lots of communication with others.

A descent job

Alright place to work for. Pay wasn’t great and could be stressful at times. Get a discount on children’s clothing. Wasn’t a fan of working on Thanksgiving.

Good environment

The best warehouse I’ve ever worked hands down a really good place. I enjoy everything from the people to the atmosphere. Would recommend this job to every young person out there.

Chill

Very chill job. Consists of cleaning, organizing, cashiering. Retail basics. It was a chill job. Management was very nice but definitely aimed to sell the credit cards. But overall good

Pros

Staff

Cons

Not enough hours

Fun but tiring

It was nice to help families find nice clothing but it was a very demanding job and working conditions were not always good due to low staffing and having to work in inclement weather.

This job could be amazing if they put the right people in charge

Worked at the Livermore outlet carters to the sunnyville carters to the Stockton carters and one thing remains the same in every store. They DO NOT hire the right store managers for this position. To be a store manager requires compassion and empathy for their employees. None of the store managers I worked for had it. They kept the great associates who would have been perfect for the store manager positions stuck in lower positions. When a higher position became available instead of hiring within, they would hire outside the company. Although I met amazing people working for this company they ALWAYS managed to drive out the associates with great work ethic.

Pros

Discount on baby clothes

Cons

They do not hire within. No opportunity for advancement.

Productive, easiest place I have ever worked

Fair pay in my opinion, getting credit cards was easy, easy as it wasn't very busy during the week. The management was great, very casual dress code which was a plus.

Flexible and good people

It’s. a good work environment for someone looking for a short term job. i wouldn’t stay here too long because pay is not that great. Good for teens but when trying to make enough to live u either need a second job or you can’t rlly live off of the wage

Fun Environment

Fun place to work but problems when it comes to higher management! Too many manager rolls that it’s easy for everyone to disagree because someone always want to be in charge. Focused on credit cards to the extreme!

Easy work for teens

it is fine for a part time gig. just for discount and extra money. but it is not a career. I have worked here for 6 years and I stayed because I like my manager and the ability to work when I am available .

Pros

discount 30 percent off

Cons

benefits, room for growth

Fun flexible work environment.

I liked working here. Super easy, as far as retail goes. My store allowed for super flexible hours. I would stay, but our location is closing on short notice. The company is providing severance or the option to transfer to another location.

Pros

Flexible hours, excellent co-workers

Cons

Paynis on the low end, for the position and area.

Great managers. Company really cares about their employees. Competitive pay and great location.I really love working here and it is pretty fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Carter's.
Powered byComparably

Compare Carter's with

Carter's reviews by popular job title

• Carter's