Carter's | OshKosh B'gosh Retail Employee Reviews

Work work work
Operations (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 13, 2018
No consideration given to work/life balance. Work when they say work, stay home when they say stay home, 60 hours or 20 hours, either way you better be there. Favoritism abounds, never has it been more obvious that it’s not what you know but who you know, not what you do but who you do. The worst, most frustrating place I’ve ever had the misfortune to work. Wouldn’t send my worst enemy to work there.
Pros
Clean, modern facility
Cons
Total disregard for employees
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHNovember 9, 2018
Working with great people. Helping customers find what they are looking for. Using the register for checkouts and inventory lookups and inventory prices.
Don't do it
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2018
Horrible, management is horrible, GM is horrible, if you've been there years upon years I guess it's okay but they like to pick and choose who they want to schedule and will take sides when there is a conflict.
Not Worth it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 1, 2018
I worked at Carter's as a Sales Associate and i was given low hours. Some weeks 5 hours, others 8 hours. This is not a job if you want to make any money or even pay your bills. The work environment is fun and i enjoyed helping our customers find what they were looking for. You will not make any money because they rarely schedule you. Don't waste your time and best not to work there.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
low pay. no hours
Hours change dramatically
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIOctober 29, 2018
I worked at a newly opened store and one week i had worked 30+ hours only to drop to 10 hours and then 5. They claimed other employees needed the hours more than me without asking me. Took days from me, and then claimed I "didnt want to work" there because I left sick with the flu one day. Managers are inexperienced and messy. Communication is extremely poor. Customers were wonderful which is saying something in retail.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, poor communication, no lunch
Mediocre
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2018
The perks of working for this company is great overall, but there is always room for improvement within both the company and it’s policies, the people they have serving for them.
Learning experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FloridaOctober 22, 2018
Oshkosh was first job I went in with fresh eyes. My co workers and managers was friendly towards me. The pay was good at $9.00 an hour and we had a 30 minute lunch break than a 15 minute break if you had a full time position in the store. The only down part was not being bilingual because it was located in tourist destination and most customers spoke Spanish or Portuguese. But other than that it was an ok job
Pros
Discount
Horrible Pay & Upper Management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2018
no growth if you weren’t favored by DM, playing associate, manager, security daily and no compensation to make up for it & lack of growth opportunities
Pros
The Team made up for the Cons.
Cons
Favoritism from DM, Sneaky Antics, Low Compensation, No Growth
Picking and packing
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 11, 2018
Just a tem job. A fast pace job. Long standing hours. Friendly, proffessinal work. I woulda love to stay more time working for this warehouse. Overall great place to work
Fun, Fast paced.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALSeptember 28, 2018
Carters was a fun, fast paced environment. Management was perfect, understanding and well spoken. Coworkers were just as fun and well spoken. Best part was being able to help customers find what they needed.
awesome
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 27, 2018
i love it here!! as a first job I thought it was going to be way more difficult and that the management was going to be mean and stuck up! but it was not like that its very fun and upbeat
excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 27, 2018
I love it here. Its fun and you get to see alot of cute babies come in. There are times where the store gets really busy and it feels a bit over whelming but its a great work environment
Company has opportunities for growth
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 26, 2018
Company overall provides lots of opportunity for growth , great environment to work in when you have the right people in store. The discount is great and the benefits are good
Great for college student, not if you need to feed yourself
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Low pay for demanding job outcome. They expect you to super-sell, but offer zero commision, zero incentives, zero benefits, extremely changing scheduled, zero guaranteed hours per week. However, they demand you work every single holiday (even if it's your only shift in the week or even 2 weeks).
Management is young, and inexperience, but also extremely pressured by district management for unrealistic results.
I was a former GM for another company in another state, and due to low demand for equivalent jobs in a military area, I took this seasonal position. Greatest waste of my time.
Chose them over another company, to then be told I would work not more than 4 hours per week!
This job is okay as a first job, or for college students, but that's about it.
Only plus was the discounts, and even that wasn't all that.
Pros
Merchandise discount, pleasant work environment
Cons
Low pay, low hours, no benefits, inexperienced management, poor leadership.
Decent work
PT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Natick, MASeptember 17, 2018
I worked at the sher. plaza in natick ma location. Staff are respectful and work is decent. The company overall is IMO good company. Management not much. Short staff caused overwhelming work loads, very poor management. Dont expect proper training. I would have continued my position there had, Management been willing to dedicate more time in proper training. The company overall I believe is a great company, I enjoyed the customers and selling honest to goodness great quality clothing. I believe if management improved the store can truly strive !
Pros
Good Discounts / Growth
Cons
short staff =overwhelming / poor management
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Panam CitySeptember 11, 2018
My coworkers were great, it was a fun environment, how could it not be with a store full of kids. They understood that some days I could not make it in for work because my child was sick.
Not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 4, 2018
As a mom, I thought I would enjoy working at Carter's. Unfortunately maybe this location wasn't the right one. The store manager was a sweetheart, but some of the other managers were rude. Something I hated was that they would force you to basically interrogate customers, when I myself hate being approached by employees.
Pros
Discount if you have kids
Cons
Rude managers, too much customer approaching
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 3, 2018
For as long as the store has been open, I have loved working there. Since it is a new store, daily sales goals are unrealistic and hard to reach, with cuts hours for sales associates...
Eazy and fast work place
Ecom pack (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 28, 2018
Go in there ready to work with a smile cause everyone is friendly and ready to work along with you and if you need help do not be shame to ask because they will help
Productive workplace friendly staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2018
Productive workplace friendly staff Good management. Friendly customer base. Flexible hours and good benefits easy pace decent hours. Could use more employeesBut overall good part-time job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter's | OshKosh B'gosh Retail. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about