Carter's | OshKosh B'gosh Retail Employee Reviews

Great flexible hours to fit your needs.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work if you love children. Management works closely with you to ensure you succeed and help you grow. You must be able to stand, lift, bend and climb a ladder. You must also be able to deal with a variety of customers and help them choose appropriate outfits and accessories geared to their needs.
Amazing
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
So many opportunities to grow with the company! I moved up two positions in one year and my district manager continues to motivate and prep us for more growth.
Laid back environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJuly 1, 2018
I enjoy working at Carter’s part time. It’s a place where I can go and go a job and get a little break from Mom life. I put my head down and I work. It doesn’t require a whole lot of thinking as a lot of it is routine. The schedule is flexible and I’ve had to change it many times with no issue.
Pros
Friendly staff, fun competitions
Cons
Can’t bring my kids, sometimes boring
great place to work
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2018
Carters is about employee development. It is a great place to work for young or new management members. The training is the best.
management is fair. product is the best in the industry.
Pros
customer interaction, product
Cons
hours
Good environment but low pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 30, 2018
I worked there for a year, never got a raised. I had to find me another job because i went from 25hrs a week to 5hrs or even 0hrs a week. The assistant manager i worked with would just leave us for her to go to the office and be in her phone always. The company is great and discount as well but not the pay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Greg workplace
Packer and Picker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAJune 28, 2018
Great work place great pay just location . Work at your own pace . People re very respectful if you ever need help with anything far as the job they wouldn’t wait to help they will arrive soon as they could it’s very ca and laid back there just a lot of people work there wish is ok with me .
Productive and friendly environment to succeed and grow in the company
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2018
Working at Carter's was a great experience, it gave you the opportunity to meet and interact with many people daily, you build relationships daily. Overall, Carter's is a very rewarding job to work at, there's growth in the company and great for any high school/college student who wants steady income and career growth.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJune 25, 2018
A typical day at work was always competitive. I've learned how to pick. The management was okay there. There wasn't anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part bout this job was the breaks,
not worth the pay!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJune 20, 2018
I had been working here for 6 months when I asked for more hours, they explained that they basically could not afford to give out more hours. Yet, they hired more girls just one month later. They paid me 10 cents below minimum wage while I was driving 30+ minutes just to get there. My whole check went straight towards gas just to get back & forth from work. For me, it was not worth it at all. Although, all the staff and managers were very nice and were always able to work with my schedule.
Not worth it. Management sucks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 19, 2018
Working at Carter’s is amazing in the beginning, until you get to actually know the managers. Only one assistant manager and the part time supervisor were kind and actually helpful in situations. The store manager and the second assistant manager were not. Neither cared about the feelings or rights of the employee. They go against policy and do nothing when a problem is brought to them. They talk bad about employees and the assistant manager makes rude and racial comments on a daily basis with no consequences. They start you out with great hours just to drop you to 0-4 hours a WEEK. And take shifts without permission. Overall I liked the company but the management will make it so I never return.
carters
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJune 11, 2018
carters is excellent place to work. the people are excellent but the work load varies. the pay is reasonable. I work on contract until hired on then the benefits get better
Not worth the time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 7, 2018
I did a 8 hour shift, covering for someone else as a favor and when I was done they told me that they would only pay me the 4 hours I did in the morning and not the other 4 hours. They gave me no information about dress code so when I showed up they yelled at me. First day they put me in the floor with no idea what to do. Horrible management. No help what so whatever. I left after my first day. Isn’t worth your time.
Great place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kearny, NJJune 6, 2018
This place was an amazing start for one to work at. They let you learn and grow within the company. The management team is amazing and are understanding. Hours are flexible.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 4, 2018
There were lots of things I learned here. I loved the atmosphere and it was a great place to work. I enjoyed working with a diverse group of people and loved the ability to provide excellent customer service!
Pros
working with a wonderful staff
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJune 2, 2018
Carters and oshkosh is a great place to work. From my coworkers to interacting with customers I enjoy it very much. The one thing i would like to change is how long our breaks are. 30 minutes just isn't enough time to go somewhere to get food and come back to eat
Pros
Love the company
Cons
Too short of breaks
it a fun to work at
Picking/Packing (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 31, 2018
A typical day at work was fast paced. i learned how to work the machines and scan guns. management was great. the workplace was dealing with other people from country. the hardest part was keeping up with the pace. the most joy able part of my job was meeting friends and family.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
15 min breaks
Stays busy and keeps you productive.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 31, 2018
This is the most enjoyable job and the other employees are helpful with everything. A typical work day can be quite busy and the store policies are kept.
Not worth it
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2018
I worked at a busy store and the shrinkage was HORRIBLE. This was my second job. The management was terrible. The schedule was rarely put out when it should have been. Nothing about this job was worth any of the time I spent there. Maybe the discount, but it wasn't enough to stick around.
Fun but productive work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tuscola, ILMay 24, 2018
I was able to learn and grow with this company. Flexible schedules and great management teams. Carter's prefers to promote within and gives every opportunity possible to help advance careers.
a stable work environment especially for young people
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMay 24, 2018
the management at Carters was quite pleasant the only negative review is the paid it suck!!!. Overall if you are a teenagers in high school it is a great way to start off your work experience for the future. They work with your school schedule when your in college and even provide you with a 401 k plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter's | OshKosh B'gosh Retail. Our community is ready to answer.