Carter's | OshKosh B'gosh Retail Employee Reviews

lively and enjoyable ,good cowokers and management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJanuary 25, 2019
reaching on time to work, dressing responsibly, putting the customers needs above my no matter what, easy working management with one goal in mind, A diversity of people with no racism. the most enjoyable part of my job was when I'm help people .
Pros
bringing your own lunch, pus 20% off anything you buy.
Cons
30 minutes break, workers medicare and dental, 401k
Great for college student, not if you need to feed yourself
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Low pay for demanding job outcome. They expect you to super-sell, but offer zero commision, zero incentives, zero benefits, extremely changing scheduled, zero guaranteed hours per week. However, they demand you work every single holiday (even if it's your only shift in the week or even 2 weeks).
Management is young, and inexperience, but also extremely pressured by district management for unrealistic results.
I was a former GM for another company in another state, and due to low demand for equivalent jobs in a military area, I took this seasonal position. Greatest waste of my time.
Chose them over another company, to then be told I would work not more than 4 hours per week!
This job is okay as a first job, or for college students, but that's about it.
Only plus was the discounts, and even that wasn't all that.
Pros
Merchandise discount, pleasant work environment
Cons
Low pay, low hours, no benefits, inexperienced management, poor leadership.
Productive workplace friendly staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2018
Productive workplace friendly staff Good management. Friendly customer base. Flexible hours and good benefits easy pace decent hours. Could use more employeesBut overall good part-time job
It was fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAJanuary 4, 2019
I Carter's was a good place to work . I the culture there was good . Learning I had a lot of that , u learned different departments in the business. My retail when up and working in a warehouse
Pros
I like the day off Friday to Sunday
Cons
They need to improve in healthcare
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2018
It's a fair easy job to have. Management can make it or break it. We have wonderful and super flexible managers that will go above and beyond. Other than hours, its a pretty great first job to have.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
Work work work
Operations (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 13, 2018
No consideration given to work/life balance. Work when they say work, stay home when they say stay home, 60 hours or 20 hours, either way you better be there. Favoritism abounds, never has it been more obvious that it’s not what you know but who you know, not what you do but who you do. The worst, most frustrating place I’ve ever had the misfortune to work. Wouldn’t send my worst enemy to work there.
Pros
Clean, modern facility
Cons
Total disregard for employees
friendly staff and working environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Carters and with the staff but after the change of management it wasn’t as good as a work environment. The job wasn’t hard and I always had something to do.
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
No Benefits, and short hours
Ok to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2018
Carter's warehouses is nice people and some good management is ok but when it comes down to it the are to meany rules that don't make since like not being able to sit when there is no work.
Pros
Some times we would get free lunch
Cons
You only get two break on a 12 hour shift
Fun, kind environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 21, 2018
Management works hard to ensure code of ethics are followed. Opportunities for advancement available within the company. Very customer service-focused and teaches interpersonal skills.
Pros
Flexible hours, ability to transfer to any store nationwide
Cons
Inconsistent work hours
Dedicated employee gets no respect in return
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I worked for Carter’s three months shy of four years and still did not hit $10 hourly pay rate. I left because of the work environment and my hours being cut lower and lower. Some weeks I would be lucky to get 6-9 hours. While others were scheduled 26 hours. And I could no longer deal with supervisor that was rude to myself and more importantly customers.

In my time at Carter’s I’ve had two managers, four assistant managers and approximately six supervisors. I was a faithful employee that worked hard. I was on time and always tried to followed Carter’s guidelines. Most of our management team did the same. But as the saying goes it only takes one bad apple and we had a really rotten one. And apparently the consequences for her actions was getting scheduled more hours.

Every day would consist of helping customers, restocking clearing all rolling racks and recovering store. A lot depended on what day and time you worked. At night you also swept floors and emptied trash. Also about once a week you had to change all sale signs. During the day you also had to clear cash wrap making sure it was fully stocked. And one employee would try to work freight.
And let’s not forget cleaning bathrooms :(

Each day employees are expected to make the days sale goal. That would not be a problem. But how can you make a goal when you have a $600 sale hour and $500 in customer merchandise returns. Some times after returns (mostly online sales merchandise) we would be negative. What’s important to know here is that making sales goal would determine the hours management
  more... was given to divide among employees. There were days management would work a hour or so alone. Some days you would be cut an hour from your shift because the DM sent message that told management they needed to cut hours. Example I would go in for four hour shift then sent home hour early.

Best part of my job as CSL was working with customers. Yes some were mean but the nice ones made up for them. When a customer would tell me or my manager they appreciated my help and how I treated them. That is when I looked forward to coming to work.

Worst part was cleaning up after rude people and dealing with a supervisor that didn’t care about the store or do her job.

I will miss my fellow employees that made work fun. The ones you could laugh with even on tough days.

I learned that I can handle almost anything in retail work. I can get yelled at by shop lifters and talked down to by my supervisor. And still walk away with my head held high knowing in my heart I was a good employee.
Pros
Employees are able to take time off when needed. 25% discount.
Cons
Sales goals are hard to hit because of returns. Unfair division of hours.

Want to know more about Carter's | OshKosh B'gosh Retail?

Ask a question
Poor management, no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 14, 2018
I was really excited to work for Carter’s Oshkosh until I started. The manager is very unorganized and not always professional. Also, you get little to no hours a week. The typical work day isn’t hard. Unfortunately, I had to quit due to the lack of hour and poor management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Company has opportunities for growth
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 26, 2018
Company overall provides lots of opportunity for growth , great environment to work in when you have the right people in store. The discount is great and the benefits are good
Horrible Pay & Upper Management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2018
no growth if you weren’t favored by DM, playing associate, manager, security daily and no compensation to make up for it & lack of growth opportunities
Pros
The Team made up for the Cons.
Cons
Favoritism from DM, Sneaky Antics, Low Compensation, No Growth
Good environment but low pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 30, 2018
I worked there for a year, never got a raised. I had to find me another job because i went from 25hrs a week to 5hrs or even 0hrs a week. The assistant manager i worked with would just leave us for her to go to the office and be in her phone always. The company is great and discount as well but not the pay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJune 25, 2018
A typical day at work was always competitive. I've learned how to pick. The management was okay there. There wasn't anything hard about this job. The most enjoyable part bout this job was the breaks,
Don't do it
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2018
Horrible, management is horrible, GM is horrible, if you've been there years upon years I guess it's okay but they like to pick and choose who they want to schedule and will take sides when there is a conflict.
Fun but productive work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tuscola, ILMay 24, 2018
I was able to learn and grow with this company. Flexible schedules and great management teams. Carter's prefers to promote within and gives every opportunity possible to help advance careers.
Excellent management and Organization
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 23, 2018
Everything you need is located on a website that also has an app and you can see your schedule, request time off, swap shifts, and change your availability without having to go into the store or call someone. Schedules are normally made for two weeks in advance, which makes planning for things very easy. The company motivates innovation and growth in their employees.
Pros
Good benefits, Perks, Good management, Organized, Clean, Schedules in Adcance
Cons
Few hours
Fun, Fast paced.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALSeptember 28, 2018
Carters was a fun, fast paced environment. Management was perfect, understanding and well spoken. Coworkers were just as fun and well spoken. Best part was being able to help customers find what they needed.
awesome
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 27, 2018
i love it here!! as a first job I thought it was going to be way more difficult and that the management was going to be mean and stuck up! but it was not like that its very fun and upbeat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter's | OshKosh B'gosh Retail. Our community is ready to answer.