Carter Bank and Trust Employee Reviews

Poor management
Customer Service Representative (CSR) ll (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 15, 2019
Manager was unfair and never at work. No training when promoted, low pay and inconsistencies on policies within branches. Very frustrating place to work! Raises where minimal and reviews where always months late.
Pros
Health insurance was good!
Official response from Carter Bank and Trust
January 31, 2019

While it is discouraging to learn of your unpleasant employment experience with us, your feedback will definitely help us to improve. Thank you for your honesty.

Ever Changing
Retail Lender (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VADecember 27, 2018
As of late, the bank has undergone a massive facelift, renovating buildings and bringing in new employees to help bring the bank into the world of mobile/online banking.
Official response from Carter Bank and Trust
January 4, 2019

Thank you again for taking the time to share your views. We like your headline, "Ever Changing."

Low pay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VADecember 3, 2018
Great place to work but the pay wasn’t enough for me working part time and paying daycare expenses. If i could have gotten full time then I would have stayed.
Filled with drama
Teller (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 29, 2018
Filled with drama and will not work with you on vacation time seniority gets everything they want. They cannot keep management, let's some employees take personal c as Los while holding tellers to a strict no phone policy
Great work environment
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 13, 2018
I enjoy working for CB&T! We are like one very large family that help each other when needed. We are in a transformation process that will really brings us out in the open with the other Banks in Va and Nc
Pros
Great benefits
Stressful!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 9, 2018
Low pay...very stressful!!! Co workers friendly manager helpful with problems ...was always uneasy with entering bank alone and exiting alone and being in bank alone on saturdays..
Good,
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 7, 2018
It was a good job. But take more responsibility for less pay, MANAGER is good. My co- workers are nice . My manager is very helpful when it comes in need.
busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAAugust 27, 2018
more than 20 years since i worked here and there have been many improvements since i left. this was a very busy branch. at the time the company was very behind the times
Pros
fixed hours
Cons
low pay
loved the work itself, but it was a very stressfilled environment
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bassett, VAJuly 30, 2018
I loved the job itself, but trying to learn was hard at first because this type of bank was not at all up to date like the banks we bank with today, very outdated .
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 23, 2018
Carter Bank and Trust is a fair company that provides room for growth and advancement. Overall, Carter Bank and Trust is a great company for which to work. They provide an excellent benefits package
Pros
Basic healthcare insurance and retirement
Cons
Stressful

Want to know more about Carter Bank and Trust?

Ask a question
Secure Job in a non-competitive atmosphere
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 22, 2018
Carter Bank & Trust has great benefits. This institution is catching up to its competitors with regard to technology and products offered. To date has not implemented a formal sales culture/policy.
Benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement outside of Martinsville
Great starter job
Bank Teller and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocky mount vaApril 2, 2018
Good job good benifits but the pay is low and the hours are mostly 7-7. Fast past and at times can be very stressful. The two weeks paid vacation is a nice plus
Excellent Professional Organization
Corporate Assistant at Regional Headquarters (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAMarch 5, 2018
The day is structured to maximize efficiency. I learned so much from the institution including hands on learning and thorough training. The workplace culture expected hard work, but valued employees and fairness. The hardest part of the job was the lack of technology, but the bank has been upgrading over the years.
Good place to work for supplemental income.
IT processing (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, VAJanuary 29, 2018
Co-workers are great. Relaxed atmosphere. The bank is currently going through software update. Everyone working toward new technology for the employees and customers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Below average pay
Low Pay
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Very Old Fashion Bank. No room for advancement. Need more computers and telephones in order to help us with out jobs. Overalll, Carter Bank and Trust is a good place to work. They have just started in September 2017 with better medical insurance including dental.
Typical Olds School Bank
Branch Manager / Loan Officer / Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Weyers Cave, VADecember 13, 2017
If you are into banking with the old school bank book and going to a bank that doesn't have online banking and that still thinks that an ATM bank card is cutting edge tech... This is your bank.
Pros
Im sure there are some
Cons
Lots if you are under the age of 50
Productive and competive work place with great benefits!
Asst V. P and Managing Officer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VADecember 9, 2017
I enjoyed all of my years with Carter Bank and Trust! I have had a banking background since October of 1980 an enjoyed every day of my knowledge obtained! I feel this is a career I will carry with me the rest of my life and I would enjoy my knowledge in a part time experience because I truly miss using my banking and management experience!!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VADecember 3, 2017
Phenomenal company to work for. Management has a tremendous effect on the tone of a branch so it can be a very different work experience from one branch to another.
Productive and fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, VANovember 29, 2017
typical work day is slow and involves lots of daily paper work. I've had the opportunity to learn banking 101 because everything is done by hand. We have calculators so Carter is very old school and based on the basics. It requires a lot of work and you must pay attention to everything.
Pros
I love my team and the fact that they are getting updated so they will be growing
Cons
drive thru hours and procedures to opening and closing branch
Bad Management, Worse Corporate Management
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 12, 2017
Employees were aloud to leave during work hours to walk dogs, run personal errands and stay clocked in. One employee was very racist and use profanity to customers daily. Manager did not reprimand. Corporate said not to fire this individual. That "we don't do that".
Pros
Cons
Everything, worse job I ever had; worse employer i ever worked for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter Bank and Trust. Our community is ready to answer.