Carter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Shady
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2019
This company is Shady! The benefits are terrible. I wish I had read these reviews before I took a job. On day three of orientation me and another Rn were let go. They received an email saying they were having a system wide computer update. After lunch they called us in individual and told us it wasn’t going to work out. We had not even finished half of the orientation and were not even given a chance to prove our

given a chance to prove our x competencies
Poor place to work for
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2019
This job is not fair to thei employees, they are biased and have an EXTREMELY HIGH turnover. I opposed to going to one clients house because Carter wouldn't provide the necessary equipment required to fulfill the patient's prescribed orders. Everysince then my CC has decided to send me far away from my region just to punish me. Horrible working personnel to jabe to work for.
The worst job I ever held as an RN
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 8, 2019
I dont even know where to start describing how horrible this company is. Very unethical practices. First off they work you like a dog. They are always understaffed and the turn over rate is through the roof. Please do not believe the 5 star ratings you see here. They are all from current employees who are encouraged to post 5 star ratings and offered rewards from the main office in OKC. They simply want to cover up the real reviews- as I’ve stated, many unethical practices.

This company has terrible benefits. The health insurance is too expensive, they do not pay you for holidays, you must use your PTO. If you call out on a Monday or a Friday they force you to take another day off during the week and waste your PTO. When you quit ( WHICH IS INEVITABLE), if you do not complete your last two weeks, they will pay you at minimum wage! I can’t make this stuff up, seriously!!

Being “on call” on the weekends, they made sure to give you several SOCs on both days, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. You literally have no life outside of Carter. It is impossible to stay caught up on your documentation because they are continuously piling more work on top of you. I worked 15-16 hours daily!! And I was called lazy!

This company needs a serious overhaul. I hated every single moment I spent with this company, and I’m embarrassed that I was ever affiliated with Carter Healthcare!
Pros
Management is helpful at times.
Cons
Everything! EVERYTHING!
Recent FBI investigation has lead to a toxic workplace
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMay 15, 2019
Since the corporate office was raided last year the environment at Carter has taken a huge dive. Many long time employees have left. Turnover is sky high and work is extremely competitive. Clinicians work on a per visit basis and hours are unreliable. Lots of turnover at the executive level has lead to a lack of cohesive vision. Stay away from this company.
Very poor company to work for
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 4, 2019
I had one week on the job training. The second week on my own, they gave me 3 SOC, 4 ROCs and 10 in home visits. It just continued from there to increase per week. The manager said the beat way to learn the paperwork was to do it. Needless to say I was doing everyone else's paper work and wound care. Terrible people and terrible place to work. The high turn over rate is definitely proof of that.
Pros
Non
Cons
50 + hours a week, abused and used RN
A Great Place To Work
Quality Assurance Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2019
I have worked for Carter Healthcare for 4 years and during my 25 years of nursing, I will honestly say that this is the best place that I have ever been employed. We are all like a family and I always feel appreciated.
Pros
Free lunches at times during the year, fun contests, professional environment, great benefits.
Cons
Hard to find a good place to park, at times.
It was bad bad bad
Scheduler / Nurse's Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2019
Shady. Sketchy. Lacking team work. Horrible managers. Never felt safe in my job. Everyone walks on egg shells. Highly stressful. Very demanding. Rude owners.
Medicare Only?
Professional Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLFebruary 23, 2019
Dishonest about contracting. Not interested in services being expanded to offset Medicare only?
While in the field found out there have been several people let go for not making numbers?
Pros
Days are not micro managed
Solid company, fast growing
RN Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKFebruary 22, 2019
Carter is absolutely one of the most solid companies you will find. They know their stuff!! The atmosphere is very flexible, and there is no micromanaging for field staff. There is also support when you need it. Our team truly cares about the patients and we all work really well together!!! A+ in my book!!
Decent place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 4, 2019
The Oklahoma offices seem to be favored by management. They are a well oiled machine. Any other locations seem to be lacking in training and always seem to be behind the curve on what's going on. There are clearly favorites in nursing, sales and management that can get away with whatever they want.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
insurance and PTO could be a lot better
Unethical and illegal activities
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2018
Carter seeks out specific nurse candidates. You work all day completing various tasks into the late evening. Carter management mistreat particular nurses the company does not pay for hours worked, do not pay on time or per agreed salary. They promote the falsification of charting, unsafe practices, and are very dishonest and unethical. Avoid this company if you want to be treated fairly, you care about your license and sincerely care about patients being served. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients served; however, Carter seems to only care about "money and not being audited."
Pros
Patients
Cons
The Company in Austin Texas
Unbelievable
PSC (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 10, 2018
Worked there less than 90 days. Worked holidays to make numbers and then was let go because I did not meet quota and had only been in field 2 months. Was let go right before Christmas and then no response when trying to reach sales manager
Cons
Long hours and poor management
Excellent Company to work for
Registered Nurse Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKNovember 30, 2018
I love Carter healthcare and all the people I work with. Our office is like family and we go above and beyond to make sure all of our patients are taken care of.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Great People, and a Great company
Cons
Innovative and fast growing home health.
ADON (Current Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 30, 2018
This company is stable, innovative, and fast growing company that l am proud to work for. I enjoy every minute and the people I work with. I plan to retire here.
Pros
This is a stable, innovative, and fast growing company.
Cons
None to speak of.
Great Company
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 30, 2018
Carter healthcare is a place that I would recommend to anyone looking for a job. The place is run well. Morals are patient based. Everyone is always so nice. I couldn't dream of a better job that I have!.
Carter Cares
RN CM (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 30, 2018
Carter Healthcare is a great place to work because they offer a flexible schedule that makes it possible to juggle work and family. Carter offers competitive pay and there is room for advancement.
Pros
Pay and flexible schedule
Cons
Health insurance is expensive
Great job
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 30, 2018
I love working at Carter Healthcare, job can be stressful at times but always rewarding. At the OKC office we work as a team. Everyone pitches in when needed.
Pros
great atmosphere, great coworkers, flexable and understanding
Cons
Monday Friday rule
You work but not stressing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2018
Carter is a great place to work. I’ve been here 5 years and have really enjoyed the environment I work in. My supervisor is willing to work with me and teach me the right way to do my jobs
Great place to work!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 30, 2018
Carter has wonderful management. They are there for you when you have questions or even just to offer praise for doing a good job! They understand we have family lives in addition to our work lives.
Pros
Great co-workers
Great company to work for!
PSC (Current Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 30, 2018
This company is top notch! The pay is great and upper management truly cares for their employees. The love, care & compassion our staff has is second to none!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.