Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search See all 1,280 reviews
great people
Stocker Farms (Former Employee) –  Snohomish, WAOctober 22, 2018
it was only seasonal but barley any hours. i was given barley any training hours. after saying they would keep me for full time, they didn't, never heard from them after that
Working at Carter's Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAOctober 22, 2018
Bad experience for me, poor schedule and bad team work. Management keeps all the available hours, new hires are treated like disposable help. They offer a lot of benefits but you will most likely never even make half of a living on the schedule and pay they offer.
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTOctober 18, 2018
Great company to work for. They set you up for success. Very heavy workload with no hours but that's normal for retail. Customer service is a must every day.
It is just a job
Part Time Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 17, 2018
On a typical day I am required to either open or close the store and manage at least one associate. During a shift I am required to keep track of and push sales, achieve various tasks and provide a positive customer service experience to all guests. Store management is good, but district and regional management is poor. It is a positive work environment overall. The best part of my job is being able the still work and enteract with customers, the hardest part is unrealistic expectations and deadlines for the store.
fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 17, 2018
i hated the enviroment the people were so rude . it was very slow paced one of the worst jobs ive had . ive meet alot of great people there i must say
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks
Fun atmosphere and friendly staff
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2018
This job has a fun environment and the staff is always friendly. Keeps you busy and is a great job if you like interacting with customers. Flexible hours but you don’t get many hours per week.
good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEOctober 16, 2018
fun environment
friendly customers and coworker
discount
learned a lot about children's sizes
wonderful management
everyone works as a team to reach goals and deliver excellent customer service
Opinion
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 10, 2018
It's a good start up job, takes a while to become permanent. Pay could be better, that's one of the ways to make your employees happy and stay at carters.
Pros
All Benefits Once Permanent Employee
Cons
Starting off as a Temp
productive, lunch break room w tv
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vinita, OKOctober 10, 2018
what i learned working at carters is being social its a small town and everyone knows everyone
The management at carters is very good the boss is a very laid back person all he expects is" get the job done"
the hardest part of the job is when theres not enough sackers and i have to stop what im doing to sack groceries or help elders put groceries in their vehicle
the most enjoyable part of the job is when its slow because i ould eat or go upstairs and watch tv
Pros
tv, free lunch
Cons
short breaks, rude costumers
Was an okay place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working here for a short time. I liked the staff and management. Got along with everyone and I liked the store atmosphere. The only thing that was bad was the hours.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Horrible hours
Funwork places but bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 3, 2018
When I first started working at the location in Sawgrass Mills Mall it was rather hectic due to the fact that this mall is an international mall. As the months progressed the schedules where never out on time which lead me to losing my job! I had AWESOME co-works who I would kill to have at another work place!
Pros
Awesome Co-works
Cons
barely anybreaks, sometimes lunch pushed back, had to stay past 12 on somenights
Fun place but low hours and pay
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLOctober 1, 2018
Good work place, fun and interactive. Folding clothes gets old and there is little pay for the customer attitudes and having to deal with the stealing that goes on. Co-workers were amazing but it is all about the relationships you establish. Carter's was not suitable for my lifestyle and the money I made there was not suitable for the cost of living in my area.
Terrific Environment to Work
Contract Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2018
Carter's put a lot of thought and planning in the layout/design of the office. It's absolutely GORGEOUS!! It makes you want to come to work every day.
Pros
Terrific Work Environment
Cons
Hard to get a job there -- lots of competition.
Great environment if you love and enjoy working with children
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 29, 2018
Fun environment! Love working with new moms and babies. Shopping and sharing experiences and the love for the product is my favorite part! Fast paced environment and consistent product and promotional updates.
Pros
Great benefits and discounts
Cons
Work life balance
Enjoyed working for Carters
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for Carters/Osh Kosh distrubtion center, we stayed busy it was great pay for the job all the departments required fairly easy duties I actually went back to work there on two occasions and enjoyed it both times...the people there are helpful and it's definitely a growing company alot of job security pretty much as long as you come to work and do your what's required then you keep your job
Positive workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Cashed out customers and helped to find what they needed. continually made sure the sales floor had all sizes out and that prices marked/ ongoing sales were accurate
amazing break area
Carters Call Center (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 22, 2018
Free coffee, hot chocolate, and tea all day long. awesome break room, managers help as best they can but are busy, too, so they can be strict. Very lenient with their customers and definitely do their best to please the customer.
Pros
free food pretty often
Cons
stressful for people who cant handle phone calls of angry customers
typical large corporation
Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
your experience will depend upon your team or your level upon which you enter the company.
if you are a well networked, VP applicant and you make it there, it's political, so be very very careful, but you can do very well for yourself. anything below VP and you will be taken advantage of, and have a really tough time finding career challenges, advancement or satisfaction.
Fast Paced Work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 19, 2018
Management was great. Really understanding and supportive and always there to answer questions. Typical day at work was stocking the floor and helping customers
Pros
easy work load
Invests in its people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 17, 2018
Hard to believe, but Carter's is one of the only places I could say the company cares for its workers. They are always raising the bar when it comes to investing in people.

While sometimes in the management role you don't see much of a work life balance, Carters as a company is an advocate of this policy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

77out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Carters, Inc.

Powered by Comparably