Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,056 reviews matching the search See all 1,199 reviews
It really depends on your team
IT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
I'm not happy with my department as a whole, but I have some good team mates. They are stingy with raises, so make sure you get a good starting salary.
The culture is pretty stale at least in my department.
Pros
stable
Cons
boring
A Good Starter Job for Teens
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78250August 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Carters, it was a great starter job when I was managing high school and other extracurricular activities. A lot of my coworkers were moms or had other jobs. I wouldn't recommend it as a full time job unless you were applying for a manager position of some sort. I went almost a whole year without any type of raise and I know a lot of others. of all ages and experience, that had the same experience.
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXAugust 13, 2018
I’ve really enjoyed working at Carters, I’ve made some great friends and it’s been a good experience. However I am not getting the hours I would like. One or two 3 hours shifts a week is not enough. My paychecks have been 20 dollars... and it’s not just me we have too many sales associates so all of us are getting one shift a week. While I do throughly enjoy my job, it’s not going to advance me to where I want to be. I need a job where I’m actually making money.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Over staffed
Productive and fun environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2018
The hours are very flexible and it’s a fun environment. Great pay and benefits. Holiday pay and paid time off. Holiday worked is paid time and a half.
Team environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
There was an atmosphere of teamwork. The environment was relaxed, but we were also busy. The hardest part of this job was the changes in management over the period of time I was there.
Has its pros and cons
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 9, 2018
discount on clothes at Carters an Oshkosh.
Benefits for full time and some part-time.

Only thing I struggled with was the new manager. But not everyone will enjoy who they work with.
Carter's distribution is a great company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 8, 2018
Carters is a great company to work for this company allows you to grow within the company just takes time and you will have them have a lot of patience how many areas different departments in Carters is shipping receiving and other lots of things to do..
Life at Carters
Store System Analyst/ Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2018
Work load is a lot
Project management Skills
Communication skills
Leadership Skills
Hardest part about my job was managing 100's of stores.
My team
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Hours
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 7, 2018
From the time I was employed at carters everything was great. The pay the hours everything. I had no problems on the job or with another employee. The environment was nice
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Mandatory Overtime
Fair and Competitve
Engineering Administrator (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 6, 2018
Carter's is a great place to work. They take into consideration the associates' point of view. Many innovative changes have come from associates' suggestions.
Pros
Friendly
hello
Retail sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAAugust 6, 2018
Great company to work for. Managers are great and undertsanding. Spend your shift pulling out stock or sizes that are needed on the floor and customer service.
Pros
discounts, meeting new people
Cons
holidays but you can do it
Not fun to work here
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 6, 2018
You may become friends with other workers but you will not be able to talk to them during work hours even if no customers are in the store. The managers can be really bmean and if your new they will force you to take more hours and day do NOT give in all the time they will take advantage of you later in in the future when they need someone to cover
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
Family friendly good culture
Import & Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 5, 2018
Not enough head count, always pulled in a dozen top priority directions, great management and culture. Always growing and great to be part of a winning team.
Pros
Vacation, 401k match, clothes
Cons
No career path, not much direction
Enjoyable place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  West Ocean City, MDAugust 5, 2018
Carter's maintains an encouraging atmosphere and team of wonderful sales associates, including management staff. Management works hard to keep all hours flexible.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 3, 2018
working there i was given many opportunities to grow and learn with my team. they helped me grasp the meaning of good customer service while i was working at their establishment.
Not a very drama free place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAAugust 3, 2018
It was stressful working at Carters, the manager and assistant manager were not friendly to employees, they were highly unprofessional. And they never treated employees fairly. I only worked 3hour shifts for 2 to a day a week. It was not enough to live off of taking care of my son. I was getting paid minimum wage.
Pros
Nothing good about this job
Cons
Everything was horrible
Decent work place
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 3, 2018
Everyone at carters is friendly and good tonwork woth. The hours are not enough for someome to live off of expecially having 2 children. More for a younger person in school .
Good workplace, good pay
DC Employee (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GA 30517July 31, 2018
You will not get your 40 hours a week
Good for a part time
Good pay
Provide Health Insurance and Paid time off
Great employees
Sometimes give overtime
Pros
Paid time off, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, exhausting
Understanding work environment
Part Time Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYJuly 29, 2018
Everyone is understanding and wants to help you thrive in not only the company itself but in generally, life and in your career. The flexibility makes working here easy.
Love My Job
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 26, 2018
I love working for Carters other than my scheduling could be inconsistent meaning sometimes i can get a solid 20hours/week and then It will jump down tot 10hours/week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

77out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Carters, Inc.

Powered by Comparably