Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,165 reviews matching the search See all 1,318 reviews
Fun place to work, excellent employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 6, 2018
I recruited excellent sales associates and enjoyed working with them daily, we worked as a team. I built strong customer relationships which lead to loyal customers; I always enjoyed seeing familiar faces. It can be challenging to learn and manage the different personalities, I've learned to build trust, listen, and always engage with respect and understanding. I learned a lot while I was employed here, floor set ups, visualizing and most importantly I learned to be a strong manager.
Growing and evolving work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2018
Worked with Carters Inc. has challenged and equally developed my ability to plan and drive execution along with time management. Corporate and executive partners are more then friendly, supportive and open for suggestions. Carters Inc work culture is disciplined, structured and carefully outlines in its core values. The hardest part of managing within Carter's Inc is that you are limited to your abiity to flex your schedule as ALL managers are hourly. The most enjoyable part of working for Carters Inc is your work life balance being protected because you are hourly.
Pros
Work life balance/ open to feedback/ supportive executive team
Cons
Managers are hourly NOT salary/ low pay/ limited room to advance from SM
Fast paced
Packer (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GaNovember 10, 2018
I'm a seasonal part time Packer. I work 9am-2pm Monday- Thursday. So I can only give my opinion based of my part time position. I have been in 3 different departments. Some departments are more relaxed than others, and some mamagers are nicer than others. I get paid every Thursday direct deposit. The parking lot is extremely large be prepared to walk a mile a morning to get in the building. They are open every day except Christmas, so if you are a parent that is something to think about! Some coworkers are friendlier than others. I don't have any major complaints. Ive had worser jobs before thats for sure!
Pros
part time seasonal shift available for quick cash for Christmas
Cons
Large warehouse, alot of walking, not a lot of room in the break room during breaks due to over crowding
It is just a job
Part Time Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 17, 2018
On a typical day I am required to either open or close the store and manage at least one associate. During a shift I am required to keep track of and push sales, achieve various tasks and provide a positive customer service experience to all guests. Store management is good, but district and regional management is poor. It is a positive work environment overall. The best part of my job is being able the still work and enteract with customers, the hardest part is unrealistic expectations and deadlines for the store.
productive, lunch break room w tv
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vinita, OKOctober 10, 2018
what i learned working at carters is being social its a small town and everyone knows everyone
The management at carters is very good the boss is a very laid back person all he expects is" get the job done"
the hardest part of the job is when theres not enough sackers and i have to stop what im doing to sack groceries or help elders put groceries in their vehicle
the most enjoyable part of the job is when its slow because i ould eat or go upstairs and watch tv
Pros
tv, free lunch
Cons
short breaks, rude costumers
Funwork places but bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 3, 2018
When I first started working at the location in Sawgrass Mills Mall it was rather hectic due to the fact that this mall is an international mall. As the months progressed the schedules where never out on time which lead me to losing my job! I had AWESOME co-works who I would kill to have at another work place!
Pros
Awesome Co-works
Cons
barely anybreaks, sometimes lunch pushed back, had to stay past 12 on somenights
Good and Bad
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2018
Don’t expect to every have a work/home life balance. They preach about investing in their people and almost always hire externally and pass on internal candidates. Constantly introducing new SOPs and programs with little to no training. The workload is very overwhelming with little to no extra hours given.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, Benefits are not that great, Very inconsistent
Enjoyed working for Carters
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for Carters/Osh Kosh distrubtion center, we stayed busy it was great pay for the job all the departments required fairly easy duties I actually went back to work there on two occasions and enjoyed it both times...the people there are helpful and it's definitely a growing company alot of job security pretty much as long as you come to work and do your what's required then you keep your job
Fun place but low hours and pay
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLOctober 1, 2018
Good work place, fun and interactive. Folding clothes gets old and there is little pay for the customer attitudes and having to deal with the stealing that goes on. Co-workers were amazing but it is all about the relationships you establish. Carter's was not suitable for my lifestyle and the money I made there was not suitable for the cost of living in my area.
Not a good job, if you want to work more than 10 hours per week
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Close to Dearborn, MichiganAugust 29, 2018
Working at Carters I thought that it was going to be fun and excited but is not. Doesn't give you a lot of hours, and when they do is because one of the managers is not going to be there or because of its holiday. They really don't care about you because the managers want you to do all the cleaning and not do other things, for example, each manager teach you different things and some people knows how to catch up really quick but they don't let you do it. For example one time they just give me one day of the week to work for 4 hours and it was a Friday and they knew I was available.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Cleaning a lot, don't give you a break, don't let you learn, talk behind your back
Good company, but can't live off pay.
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 28, 2018
I have enjoyed working for this company the last 2 years. However, I have been there for 2 years and still am treated like I am new without much advancement. I know more about the product and company in general than the majority of people working within my store, however the district continues to hire people in positions higher than mine, sometimes even people younger than me. I feel as though I am not treated as I should be after the dedication, commitment, and loyalty that I have shown this company. I still am working for Carters/OKB, but am looking to find new employment elsewhere where my traits will go appreciated.
Pros
Flexible hours, overall relaxed environment
Cons
Lack in advancement, low pay.
A lot of great people just not for my current life situation.
Part Time Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 6, 2018
I often feel even when I'm doing what I've been asked correctly that it isn't enough for my store manager. Everyone else is so welcoming and encouraging. Unfourtunately I have moved an hour away and 10 an hour for so little barely covers my gasoline bill driving from home to work and back.
typical large corporation
Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
your experience will depend upon your team or your level upon which you enter the company.
if you are a well networked, VP applicant and you make it there, it's political, so be very very careful, but you can do very well for yourself. anything below VP and you will be taken advantage of, and have a really tough time finding career challenges, advancement or satisfaction.
Great place to work!
Assistant Store Manager (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 12, 2018
I absolutely loved my job. The customers were great, there was always something that needed to be done. I loved seeing all the little kids and babies that came into the store, and as a person without any kids, they were hands down my favorite part of my job. Most of the time it is fast paced.
Pros
Discounts, supportive higher ups, breaks
Cons
A lot to do, sometimes stressful
Amazing Company
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 31, 2018
Carters is a great company to work for. The culture is one of my favorite parts about being part of the team. Plus the fact that we get to choose a local charity at christmas to donate pjs to for the pajama program. I love that it goes to a LOCAL charity and not just a charity no one in the town where that store is has never even heard of,
Pros
culture, discount, team work
Cons
pay is low, raises are small and far apart
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXAugust 13, 2018
I’ve really enjoyed working at Carters, I’ve made some great friends and it’s been a good experience. However I am not getting the hours I would like. One or two 3 hours shifts a week is not enough. My paychecks have been 20 dollars... and it’s not just me we have too many sales associates so all of us are getting one shift a week. While I do throughly enjoy my job, it’s not going to advance me to where I want to be. I need a job where I’m actually making money.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Over staffed
A Good Starter Job for Teens
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78250August 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Carters, it was a great starter job when I was managing high school and other extracurricular activities. A lot of my coworkers were moms or had other jobs. I wouldn't recommend it as a full time job unless you were applying for a manager position of some sort. I went almost a whole year without any type of raise and I know a lot of others. of all ages and experience, that had the same experience.
Fun Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Levittown, NYOctober 24, 2018
Carter's has been the best company to work for. The company lives by it's values and gives their employees everything they need to succeed. Upper management will engage with sales associates and will get their hands dirty if need be. The best part of this job is being part of a great team with a smart and supportive District Manager.
Horrible place
Universal call agent (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 24, 2018
Worst place I've ever worked in my life. Their training is horrible they put you out on the floor with very minimum training your calls are graded they expect you to get 92 or above on all phone calls. They say they're a family-orientated company but yet you don't get any holidays off so you can't spend any time with your family
Pros
Insurance
Cons
The whole company
amazing break area
Carters Call Center (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 22, 2018
Free coffee, hot chocolate, and tea all day long. awesome break room, managers help as best they can but are busy, too, so they can be strict. Very lenient with their customers and definitely do their best to please the customer.
Pros
free food pretty often
Cons
stressful for people who cant handle phone calls of angry customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Carters, Inc.

Powered by Comparably