Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,219 reviews matching the search See all 1,385 reviews
nice
Retail Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 19, 2019
it was nice working there everyone was friendly. what i didnt like from it was the pay and the hours. they barely gave me hours. they had me working like 4 hours a day once a week and the end of the seasonal job thats when they decided to give me more hours. and they didnt even let me know when i wasnt able to come back
Good people
Part-Time Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 18, 2019
Great people, love the customers and the value of a smile. They understand what needs to get done and how it needs to get achieved. Communication is what needs to improve on.
nice place to work
Sales Manager Erie PA (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 18, 2019
A nice place to work.
The customers are enjoyable part of the job.
The store is neat.
You do many different things you are always busy.
The company is always trying to improve its merchandise for customers.
Pros
customers
benefits
Was a great place to work over all
Sales (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87110March 16, 2019
While I was working there the first two managers were amazing and fun to work with. The third manager I worked with was very mean and would talk to family and friends on the company phone while on the floor and on the clock. She would always talk bad about people behind their backs. She was just a very nast person. I really did enjoy working there but she was the deciding factor in me leaving.
Not the family experience made out to be.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2019
Strong company growth. You know you are replaceable. Not always a positive environment. Internal promotion opportunity if you are interested in growing with the company.
Pros
expected 40 hr work week
Cons
Cannot get job done in 40 hrs
Varied shifts to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 9, 2019
Customers were nice to work with. There were constant sales to get set up. Lots of work to get done during your shift. You need to work almost every weekend.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Weekend work
Fun for Temporary Work
Keyholder Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMarch 8, 2019
Carter's as a company was not bad but i had managers and supervisors who weren't the greatest. the highlight of my days were seeing all the cute babies come in.
Positive Experience Overall
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 7, 2019
I very much enjoyed working for the company for the short amount of time that I did. The company as a whole was very welcoming and supportive. Unfortunately as with any job, there are people who were focused more on their personal life then the job requirements.
Fun and inclusive work place.Friendly and caring store.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 6, 2019
Closing manager mostly. Come i and get a chat in of how the day has been going. Get passed task to finish. While doing those, greet and help customers.
n/a
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2019
Confidently and proactively helps resolve issues for customers and can balance a number of customers in a busy retail environment.
Meets customer’s needs by assisting with locating merchandise, informing customers of promotions and revisiting frequently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
I liked working at Carters
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 5, 2019
An overall very nice company to work for. Staff was pleasant in my store it was more family oriented. A lot of the staff that I met with I am still friends with years later.
Loved my Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 3, 2019
Carter's was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They care about their employees, and their families. It was a very laid back job also.
Cash regeister
greeter (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 2, 2019
I had to fold clothes, ick up after customers, organize the clothes and greet customers, also had check customers out when they purchases.This wasnt a good place to work the mangaes werent nothelpful and also they very rude.
growing company
ACTING STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2019
carters values its employees, has great benefits, corporate is encouraging life work balance, great customer base, love the brand and the product is so easy to get behind and sell
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
lack of groth oppurtunities
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 24, 2019
Fun and easy place to work. Amazing discount! Amazing environment. They try to work with people who have children. The only down side was 30 minute lunches.
easy workplavce
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2019
There isn't really much negative to say about OnCue as a whole. Of course working in a retail environment you encounter your occasional difficult customer and the hours/shifts can sometimes lack flexibility for managers, but that is why you get paid more and compensated with various bonuses and benefits.
Great kids clothing store
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Great kids clothing store with many sales and discounts. Lots to choose from. Always nice and neat organization. Clothes is very nice and always new styles.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Short break
High expectations, little recognition
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 19, 2019
Hours are bad, super inconsistent. I could go up to 9 days without scheduled shifts. If you asked for certain days off on their "gray/blackout" dates they would make a huge deal even though some of them are really unreasonable.. On average I work 3 to 4 days a week, it just depends. Schedule was really inconsistent and constantly changing. At times it was posted super late.(The night before the new week started) it was hard to make plans because of all the changes. When you would bring it up the manager would say company policy always them to make changes up to a few hours before a shift ( most of us think this policy was mainly supposed to be used when they needed to cut shifts due to payroll; not making us come in 2 hours earlier or stay for an extended 3 hours)

If you are in school or have another job they will work with you to an extent.

Company is constantly changing and adding more to the associates requirements. Then on top of that you have to meet the DMs standards. They want us to be above the company standard for registering customers for the rewards program. They stress this to no end and at times use it against associates. They have pressured them by saying only those with x% will be getting hours. They also have Endless Aisle option for customers; always customers to order stuff from online in store, Which is nice when customers bring it up or a certain item is only available online but once again they put so much pressure on employees. The company invested so much money into it that they are on top of you to get those e orders. It is unreasonable because
  more... even when we are trying and forced to borderline harass customers with this option we get told we need to push harder and not take no as an answer. If the item is not available to order(sold out) we are told that is an excuse and to find something else for the customer.

It is easy to get promoted but in the case of my store nobody really wants to be promoted. Management isn't fair. The workload varies between each manager. If someone slacks they dump the load onto you regardless if you already have and endless amount of things to do. They also don't bother to train you yet get upset when you aren't sure on how to do something. The communication is terrible. The store manager and one asm in my store only keep communication strong between themselves. The rest of us are left to figure out what is going on, on our own. It is very frustrating especially when those 2 managers still expect you to just know what to do or whats happening. Then when you don't( because of lack of communication on their end) they treat you like you are incompetent and don't know how to do your job.

They set you up for failure. They give you a list of things to get done but do not give you the proper coverage. So you are trying to get paperwork done, while also having to work on shipment or markdowns, but you also have to give top notch customer service and be on register. You are stretched out so thin you can't even use the restroom because you are alone and can't leave the sales floor unattended. When you don't get something done they ask why? Maybe it is the fact that we are expected to work a shift that has a work load that requires at least 2 people on our own. They never understand when we aren't able to get tasks done. They say that they can get it done but they also fail to acknowledge that they have another employee there to be in charge of the floor so they can just focus on their tasks. 99% of the time that employee was either me or someone else that is experienced and can be left to run the sales floor on their own.

DM ha unreasonable expectations and our store manager never has our back.

Basically only apply here if you are okay with only working 4 hours a week. They "invest" in associates that have open availability and need hours. It is okay at first but then they start heavily relying on you. You end up doing things that aren't part of your job description. You get endless calls/text asking you to come in on your days off.

I do think every store is different; Sadly I went from enjoying my job and coworkers to being overworked, stressed, and underpaid for the amount of work I am required to do now. I still love most of my coworkers but management and higher ups need a serious wake up call.
Great first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 13, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working here, customers are typically easy to work with and the work task are typically easy. Management is
very easy to work with.
discount
Sales Associate / Stocker (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 13, 2019
The job overall is a good company to work for. They give you a company discount on clothes which comes in handy. They have flexible hours and competitive pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Carters, Inc.

Powered by Comparably