Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 998 reviews matching the search See all 1,135 reviews
Fun environment
Sales/Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 18, 2018
The experience from Carter's and Osh Kosh was very fun and working where there are children was always an interesting day. Developing management skills were definitely encouraged and communication was necessary due to many employees. The job was completely enjoyable and easy to work in.
Pros
Management team is fun, everyone is family
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours
Great work environment with wonderful management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2018
They are able to work with any schedule. They were understanding that I had an infant and things happen. Company strives to make your life easier and make the job fun
Overall, it's great!
Assistant Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
The company is fantastic, with wholesome values that they really stick to. The atmosphere is a great place to work, and the benefits are amazing.

The company culture is a bit old fashioned, very few work-from-home opportunities or flexibility with your schedule.

The benefits package along with the security and advancement opportunities really make it a great place to work.
It was cool
Osh Kosh Sales associate & Customer Service lead (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 17, 2018
I enjoy working here although my store was a neighbor hood one. So there we times where I didn’t get a lot of hours in the week. This is my first ever job, and I give it a thumbs up!
Calm enviornment, great co-workers and amazing management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 16, 2018
I honeslty loved working for this business and the people were great. At the time the store had just opened so people were still discovering us. Even with that the hours became very sparse , and I ended up only working 3-4 hours a day maybe two days out of the week. Getting paid bi-weekly my checks would finally come in and they would be enough to pay for some gas in my tank to get there and back and some lunch really. In the end for me personally in my circumstances, a mom of a toddler whose fiancé worked over 40 something hours to pay bills , it became more of a hindrance to work there for basically nothing .In the end it was a waste of time trying to work there when i could be working somewhere else that would at least give me some hours to better benefit my family .
Pros
Amazing team, employee discount on top of sales
Cons
not enough hours
Productive work environment with great surrounding coworkers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 16, 2018
Everyone knew the promotions and given great information about what was going on within the company. Very family oriented work environment. Hardest part of the job was dealing with disrespectful customers. The job overall was enjoyable. But they hired too many people and the store was unable to give enough hours to it's original employees.
Not a good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYMay 16, 2018
Not a good company to work for. DM plays favoritism and promotes the ones that she likes. You can bust your behind for hours and they'll just overlook you to praise the ones that they like.

Some of the store managers are not even meant to be managers; they are worse than the associates.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, too much workload
heavy workload, lack of payroll hours and impossible standards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 15, 2018
The district managers are mostly hired from the outside and do not know the challenges that each location faces. High volume stores have very few payroll hours to execute all levels of work. Pay is low and advancement is not based on fair internal reviews but brought in with new upper management.
Pros
cute quality product and fast paced environments
Cons
upper management is inconsistent across the country
More for High School and College Kids
Temperary Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Union, NJMay 14, 2018
the job itself is pretty easy. it is management that is the problem. you can be scheduled to work a 4 hour shift but if the store is not making money you can get cut or forced to take a 30 min break that you have to pay for. It is ridiculous to have to pay for a break when you are only working 4 hours 3 times a week if your lucky.
Difficult and demanding workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
Carter's was a stressful place to work. They did not follow labor practices in relation to breaks and lunches. They did not have adequate payroll to staff the stores.
Terribly confusing
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 6, 2018
When you are hired on they make you read all the policies and procedures; however, they really enjoy pleasing the customer, so they allow you to 'bend' policy under circumstances. Not for someone who is a stickler for rules and them being followed.
Great place to shop at and work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMay 6, 2018
My experience at carters was indeed very good. I enjoyed working there. I loved the people I was working with, they made me feel comfortable. I was able to ask questions and have fun at my job. The job at times was busy but however I liked being busy. I liked that i was able to learn my way around the store and familiarize my self with the store quite fast. Over all my time at carters was very well i would rate my experience a 5 stars.
Pros
Fast Learning, comfortable area- people
Cons
Hours got cut down
They have benefits and discounts
Ecom Picker (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 6, 2018
Carters is a nice please to work at, because the management team is always there to help. They have real good benefits and the working condition is safe and clean.
Pros
First 30 mins break is free plus they have PTO
Cons
During the year we have down time so that means less hours
Okay place
College students
to work part time.
Discount was great,
no room for advancement,
Pay was fine for what type of job you do
Pros
Discount
Part time
CUSTOMER SERVICE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 3, 2018
It ms a great part time job for high school or college students. The pay it okay can’t make a living on it unless your a manager. This location is great place.
Ok
Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
Typical job. Relaxed environment and structure and processes in place made it a good place to work. My position was outsourced and coincidentally I was being recruited by my current employer at that time. So Lease Admin is now outsourced at Carter's
Fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHApril 30, 2018
Carters was a fun job. The clothes are good quality and cute. There is a LARGE work load, so if you are looking for a place to just skate by then this isn't the place for you. There is always shipment and markdowns and visual changes that take a lot of time.
okay workplace
SALES TEAM SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 28, 2018
The work environment was very mellow and relaxing. I love kids so I would always love to see the kids come in shopping with their parents. Management became very poor due to them firing a manager and another manager quitting.
Pros
discount
messy, sloppy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 25, 2018
messy and sloppy. management team was very unprofessional and picks favorites. hopefully it changed but I left because management. co workers were nice
nice management
cashier (Current Employee) –  Potomac Mills, VAApril 25, 2018
the managers are very nice and understanding. they are flexible and if you call off, which isn't a good thing, they understand, however, they give very less hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

77out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Carters, Inc.

Powered by Comparably