Carthage College Employee Reviews

Good Workplace for Students
Circulation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 16, 2018
Carthage College is a great place for students to work to build up their skills before they advance to the real world. There are plenty of opportunities for learning more about what it is that you would like to do.
Pros
Homework Time at Work
Gave me a great education
French Fellow (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 22, 2018
Provided a foundation for lifelong learning with professors from all over the globe who had vast knowledge in their subject area. Also was able to travel to a county that I dreamed about since childhood.
A fun work environment to get the job done
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 14, 2018
I have had many different jobs, everything to coaching swimming to being a sales representative at Pet Smart. Throughout all of my jobs I have learned, that respecting your boss and superiors is essential to a healthy business environment. Among having respect for your coworkers. You must above all show complete vigilance to the task at hand and always finish the job till it is completed.
Head pitching coach (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 3, 2018
Great place to work. I’m just looking for something more full time. If the opportunity was there to accept a full time job I would love to accept it and stay.
Energetic, fun, productive and opportunistic
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 2, 2018
Review the previous day's documentation of injured athletes, answering of emails from coaches and athletes, scheduling athlete rehab sessions, conducting rehab sessions for athletes, providing AT coverage for various sports practices/competitions, management and mentoring of Athletic Training students and completing various tasks required to be done daily in the Athletic Training clinic.

Most difficult part of my job is not being able to provide an equal amount of time with every patient I work with. Due to demands of the job, I only can spend so much time with patients before I need to move onto other tasks.

Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help my athletes in their time of need. For some athletes, when they endure an injury they feel lost, hopeless and scared. They are desperate for a support system and I am able to be there for them at their worst. I love that part of my job.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, exciting work environment, personal interaction, unpredictable
Cons
Long hours, unpredictable schedule changes
office help
Admissions Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 12, 2018
It was fun. The management was nice and would let you work more if you wanted to.
good flexibility, generally a few hours a week
College Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 29, 2018
Most hires are for college student work. Chances are you attend the school if you are looking to pick up a job there. That or providing security which has hopefully improved since I attended.
Friendly people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 28, 2018
The people in the financial aid office are very friendly and proud to work at carthage college. Co-workers get along very well and work very hard to ensure that each student can make attending carthage college a possibility
Convenient with splendid people
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 24, 2018
I loved working as an ambassador and hope to do it again. I loved my boss and coworkers. Hours were completely flexible and the organization was very good.
Pros
Schedule hours whenever you want
Cons
Maybe more pay? It is a part time job at college. With that said, I am not too worried about pay.
Computer Lab
Student Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 13, 2018
It was great. While it allowed me to work on my homework for classes, it was quiet as some people who would come in the lab to be themselves and work on their works as well.

Want to know more about Carthage College?

Ask a question
good college job
Embedded Tutor and Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 24, 2018
I worked as a tutor and lab assistant for 3 years while at Carthage. I loved my jobs and helping the students. However, the tutor adviser/ my boss did not know much about the sciences which was difficult at times
Carthage TARC presents great employment opportunity for student-athletes.
Student Lead (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 9, 2018
As a student athlete, my position at the athletics facility allows me to successfully balance both my academic and athletic career while still maintaining an on-campus job.
History is the best department on campus
History Department Fellow (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 22, 2018
To be a fellow, you need to be picked by the department head. I loved being able to establish a closer relationship with my professors. You're pretty much a volunteer but it's fun.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Is basically volunteer
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 5, 2018
There was a substantial amount of communicative skills needed
3 hour work days
Welcoming and lax workplace culture
Hardest part about the job was the pressure to acquire donations
Fun and Rewarding, but no advancement
Assistant Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 6, 2018
After years of getting small raises with the hopes of being made full time the business office and administration just wouldn't let it happen. My managers were on my side and tried to get me what I needed to stay but the department was not the most favored or funded.
Pros
Wonderful colleagues, fun projects
Cons
No benefits, disorganized business office that frequently made errors
Tough place, gain lots of skills
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 4, 2018
Being a resident assistant is challenging and stressful. This position should be only filled by students who are mature enough to handle this stress. You should not take your position lightly.
Pros
Intrapersonal Skills, Your own room, Room fee waved
Cons
No stipend, work time varies
terrible
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 4, 2018
Lack of support, lack of professionalism. Cut throat no team work. Back stabbing. Very few good managers and leaders. Turnover is huge. Lost 6 good managers this year alone.
Pros
Cons
see above
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 23, 2018
I really enjoyed my time as a student at Carthage. Really close community of students and support. Great college for anyone looking to further their academic career.
Administrative Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 23, 2018
I worked here during my freshmen and sophomore year at school. I did it to make extra money and stay busy but it was a good learning experience and helped me to learn I wanted to work in the administrative field to better use my communication skills that I encountered during my four years at Carthage.
Relaxed job with downtime.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 22, 2018
The job just consisted of answering the main phone to the college, either answering simple questions or redirecting to someone who could.

During the year, it's part time. But, if you're hired for the Summer, you can be at about 40 hours/week, but the job differs greatly because you're then in charge of housing for Summer campers.
Pros
Added meal plan for free
Cons
Stress with camps.