Carthage College Employee Reviews

Energetic, fun, productive and opportunistic
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 2, 2018
Review the previous day's documentation of injured athletes, answering of emails from coaches and athletes, scheduling athlete rehab sessions, conducting rehab sessions for athletes, providing AT coverage for various sports practices/competitions, management and mentoring of Athletic Training students and completing various tasks required to be done daily in the Athletic Training clinic.

Most difficult part of my job is not being able to provide an equal amount of time with every patient I work with. Due to demands of the job, I only can spend so much time with patients before I need to move onto other tasks.

Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help my athletes in their time of need. For some athletes, when they endure an injury they feel lost, hopeless and scared. They are desperate for a support system and I am able to be there for them at their worst. I love that part of my job.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, exciting work environment, personal interaction, unpredictable
Cons
Long hours, unpredictable schedule changes
Fun and Rewarding, but no advancement
Assistant Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 6, 2018
After years of getting small raises with the hopes of being made full time the business office and administration just wouldn't let it happen. My managers were on my side and tried to get me what I needed to stay but the department was not the most favored or funded.
Pros
Wonderful colleagues, fun projects
Cons
No benefits, disorganized business office that frequently made errors
Flexible and collaborative team work.
Office Assistant - Senior Associate Provost Office (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 3, 2018
During many of the projects, my supervisor helped me create a better product for our team. She was also flexible with allowing student-workers to study during slower times in the office on occasion.
Pros
Flexible with studying on the job.
Cons
Temporary and not enough pay to support living expenses.
A fun work environment to get the job done
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 14, 2018
I have had many different jobs, everything to coaching swimming to being a sales representative at Pet Smart. Throughout all of my jobs I have learned, that respecting your boss and superiors is essential to a healthy business environment. Among having respect for your coworkers. You must above all show complete vigilance to the task at hand and always finish the job till it is completed.
Good Workplace for Students
Circulation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 16, 2018
Carthage College is a great place for students to work to build up their skills before they advance to the real world. There are plenty of opportunities for learning more about what it is that you would like to do.
Pros
Homework Time at Work
fun place to work
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WI 53142December 11, 2017
it was a fun job and tuition is covered employees treat you very well and the job is very slow paced and relaxed. would highly recommend to anyone who is interested in free college
Pros
free tuition, great benefits
Cons
third shift
Its a college job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WI 53140December 31, 2018
Just enough to supply you with beer or grocery money. Doesn't take much, don't expect much. Be prepared to take a lot of showers to keep the smell off of you.
Gave me a great education
French Fellow (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 22, 2018
Provided a foundation for lifelong learning with professors from all over the globe who had vast knowledge in their subject area. Also was able to travel to a county that I dreamed about since childhood.
Head pitching coach (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 3, 2018
Great place to work. I’m just looking for something more full time. If the opportunity was there to accept a full time job I would love to accept it and stay.
Convenient with splendid people
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 24, 2018
I loved working as an ambassador and hope to do it again. I loved my boss and coworkers. Hours were completely flexible and the organization was very good.
Pros
Schedule hours whenever you want
Cons
Maybe more pay? It is a part time job at college. With that said, I am not too worried about pay.
Excellent work environment
Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 2, 2014
A typical day at the Carthage College Call Center consists of assisting the college in fundraising and connecting with alumni. What I have taken away from this experience is being able to deal with all different personality types and not get discouraged. The most enjoyable part of the job is listening to stories from alumni and helping raise money for the college.
Pros
breaks, casual environment, easy going employees
Cons
boring
Carthage TARC presents great employment opportunity for student-athletes.
Student Lead (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 9, 2018
As a student athlete, my position at the athletics facility allows me to successfully balance both my academic and athletic career while still maintaining an on-campus job.
office help
Admissions Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 12, 2018
It was fun. The management was nice and would let you work more if you wanted to.
Friendly people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 28, 2018
The people in the financial aid office are very friendly and proud to work at carthage college. Co-workers get along very well and work very hard to ensure that each student can make attending carthage college a possibility
good flexibility, generally a few hours a week
College Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 29, 2018
Most hires are for college student work. Chances are you attend the school if you are looking to pick up a job there. That or providing security which has hopefully improved since I attended.
Computer Lab
Student Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 13, 2018
It was great. While it allowed me to work on my homework for classes, it was quiet as some people who would come in the lab to be themselves and work on their works as well.
good college job
Embedded Tutor and Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 24, 2018
I worked as a tutor and lab assistant for 3 years while at Carthage. I loved my jobs and helping the students. However, the tutor adviser/ my boss did not know much about the sciences which was difficult at times
Good baseline
Carthage College Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 2, 2015
Pay is not great. Co-workers are nice. Not a very organized lab. There are no benefits. Hours are flexible. Hardest part is being new. Most enjoyable part is getting work done. Management is nice. I learned a lot of lab techniques.
Cons
disorganized
History is the best department on campus
History Department Fellow (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 22, 2018
To be a fellow, you need to be picked by the department head. I loved being able to establish a closer relationship with my professors. You're pretty much a volunteer but it's fun.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Is basically volunteer
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 5, 2018
There was a substantial amount of communicative skills needed
3 hour work days
Welcoming and lax workplace culture
Hardest part about the job was the pressure to acquire donations