Cartus Employee Reviews

Great Company with Excellent Fringe Benefits (Including a Gym)
MANAGER, OPERATIONS ACCOUNTING (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 25, 2018
A typical day at work was coaching and directing staff by working alongside my senior analysts to ensure all equity payment requests were executed accurately and timely; following all internal controls over disbursements.
I learned to multi-task and establish priorities. I polished my management skills based on the workplace culture and took advantage of all the in-house leadership training forums they offered to managers and above. I learned to be patient with everyone's learning curve and to be flexible during their first 120-days on the job. I learned to encourage and recognize their efforts, no matter how small the progress. I lead by example by being to work on time and very seldom missed work. Took advantage of all the recongition programs offered.
The hardest part the job was to place someone on a performance plan and manage the plan thoroughly, especially if the staff member had to be terminated.
The most rewarding part of the job was to mentor staff members and assist them to excel in their career objectives. This is a very rewarding experience and the best part of my job.
Pros
Work from home opportunities, flexible work schedules, birthdays off, on-site gym
Cons
Too many meetings
Good organization - People are happy there
Senior HR/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 3, 2018
It seems like most employees are happy there. There is a bit of dissatisfaction with compensation though. The people are nice and the building has a lot of amenities.
Typical work day at Cartus
Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 31, 2018
Typical day: Due to being under staff with a high turnover rate, my workload consist of receiving 100-200 emails a day, Task management page with 3-4 pages, no overtime and have to work off the clock to maintain good service, Cover reports while calling customers, 4 to 5 Initial call appointments to explain relocation policy which takes 20 minutes to 1 hours. This have to be done while working 7.5 hours per day.
Not to trustworthly
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 28, 2018
Management doesn't tell you how it is from the beginning. I came into this position with the thought it was permanent, when it was truly only a temporary job. Management tell you that they'll help you get hired and don't. They just hire new temps so they don't have to spend the money on hiring a great employee. The compensation is good, and there cafe that's about it. Atmosphere Isn't the best . Everyone makes you feel like a idiot for asking questions. Seniors aren't much help, they go around the question you ask instead of telling you the answer straight up. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to listen to music while working and the pay.
Pros
Great food, Good pay
Cons
Judgemental Management
Solid company
SENIOR SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 13, 2018
Large company with opportunities for advancement. They encourage promotion for their good people. Good benefits. Good yearly evaluation and review process.
Ok place to work
Real Estate Advocate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 7, 2018
I worked there for 7 years and Cartus well the USAA side of Cartus lacks professionalism. It’s very poor there. The health insurance was great at one time then it got worst. They don’t care about there employees if you’re working for the USAA campaign all they care about is the numbers. The pay is okay but could be better. They give you too much work and not enough pay for what you do. Turn over rate is kind of high. But The atmosphere is a little relaxed though you’ll feel comfortable and like you’re a family. They will try to motivate you to work to get the numbers up. Dress coded is casual which is great because it used to be business casual.
Pros
Friendly people, they try to motivate you. Casual dress code free lunch, other fun events
Cons
Pay, too much work, Some people are unprofessional, Health insurance is too expensive, some of the people are messy
Great Company
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 6, 2018
Loved my job had really nice co workers just over all well respected company! We celebrated our sales we brain stormed together just over all great experience.
Pros
A lot of perks
Cons
To many coffee choices lol
A good place to work
Real Estate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 3, 2018
Cartus is a typical corporate job with good benefits and an acceptable pay scale for the job you are doing but like most corporate jobs you are mostly a liability and so you are given strict direction on how to proceed concerning over time etc and always in a place where the corporate motto is to do more with less. Cartus is a great place to hold your spot and maintain so you can have the basics of life as much as most of the middle to lower class. The best part of the job is working with people but that is also the worst part of the job. Despite what this review might say, I do enjoy working there most days.
Pros
7.5 hour work day
Cons
Stress level during the busy season, no overtime.
High paced
USAA RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 1, 2018
Learned a lot/Fast paced environment.

Nice place to work/Call center environment

Nice people
Lots of outbound calls daily

Learn something new every day
Mylearning classes available
Accounts Payable Van Line Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 1, 2018
You meet and work with nice people at Cartus. Cartus offers my learning classes for self learning. It has a broad workplace culture. It has changed over the years since I worked some good, some not so good.
Pros
My learning classes
Cons
Benefits are not so good
Family friendly company
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 30, 2018
This was an amazing company to work for. The training program was awesome and there were several family friendly events and programs sponsored by the company
Productive and fun place to work
Desktop Operations Lead, Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 28, 2018
Cartus was so exciting to work at until the management turn over. During the turn over we loss some very talented managers. After twelve years I was forced out of the company by their refusing to promote me to a management position and bringing on a remote manager. The new management view within this department was not conducive with mine and I became very unhappy working there.
I am thankful for the time at Cartus as I learned a lot and had some really good experience. I would recommend Cartus to people who ask me, overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
friendly, concerned about their workers, free training
Cons
inexperenced managers, more concerned with how you present yourself then what you know.
bad company to work for
ANALYST II, OPERATION ACCOUNTING VENDOR SET UP (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 21, 2018
within the past year or the management has gotten worst and difficult to work under.
the best part about my job of the day in the past three years was looking for 3:30 to come quick
Great atmosphere/Not so great compensation
Operations Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 14, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working at Cartus, I just would prefer making more money and having more of a bonus structure. They do offer opportunities to grow and I have learned a lot working there.
Pros
Good atmorsphere
Cons
Short breaks
Pettiness is insane
Real Estate Advocate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2018
Great place with great benefits. The work is easy. But the politics and a crooked HR department make this place a issue. They fire people due to popularity and they lie about bonus packages that they have not paid in over 3 years.
Seriously wonderful group of people to work with.
Real Estate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 5, 2018
The job is basically Call Center/ Customer Service work. The work environment is very positive. Everyone I worked with was professional and thoughtful.
Pros
monthly potlucks
Cons
the winter commute was occasionally difficult
Too much work
Senior Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 13, 2018
Not enough hours in the day to do your job, no overtime Favorites, discrimination. Bad management, mood swings, no patience. Co workers are the best part of going to work.
Pros
37.5 hour work week
Cons
no overtime
Good benefits
Client Services Home Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 10, 2018
Friendly people, fast paced environment, diverse work culture.
The hardest part of the job is the workload.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Learning and developement of skills and good benefits
Cons
Staffing models
Cartus
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 5, 2018
It is a bit hard to be promoted or show your true value within Cartus unless you are willing to move to Danbury or already live in Danbury. It can be a bit frustrating to not have a career path if you work at one of the satellite offices.
Great atmosphere, great teamwork from co-workers,work/life balance was limited, and too much attention on numbers rather than customer service
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 28, 2018
Over all Cartus was a great place to work; fellow co-workers were friendly and helpful, and for the most part the managers were supportive and provided great support. However, the company focused more on their numbers than the quality of the customer service that was expected of the employees. Their work life balance was not what they described; this made it difficult for people with children to take care of them and for people to take of personal issues because the company attendance was extremely strict.
Pros
Free lunches, great people to work with, and recognition given to employees when it is deserved
Cons
Numbers over customer, no true work life balance, and horrible insurance that was provided