Cartus
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Cartus Employee Reviews

United States300 reviews

Great culture great people

I’ve worked here for many years in various roles. The people I work with are wonderful, including my boss. I feel 100% supported in my role. I’m not overwhelmed in my day to day and can manage my caseload. I would have given the company a 5 star rating, but gave it a 4 because they need to review and raise salaries across the board so we stop losing good employees to our competitors.

Management is confused and unprofessional

They dont know how to treat a person leave alone a professional. Though people working there are nice, the management is very unprofessional. They dont keep their commitments.

Cartus insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Not great

Never have I experienced more petty and problematic management than I did at Cartus. Favoritism is a way of life so unless you’re favored be prepared to be held back.

Needs an inspirational CEO and Executive Team

Great colleagues and brilliant variety of work. Salaries are not competitive, when compared to other RMCs. Executive leadership leaves a lot to be desired, not inspirational or caring.

Top heavy

Used to be a great place to work... then management changed at all levels and success was all about who you knew and who liked you. Working hard was unrecognized and unappreciated. Very top heavy with few actual "worker bees". If you are confident in your work and dont need any recognition, positive feedback or opportunity, then this is the place for you.

Upper management is completely disconnected from reality and don’t take the time to talk to the people that actually do the work.

Management did not care about doing the work efficiently. Management give no one any credit for ideas nor did they take avenge of their excellent ideas. Also, they treated most everyone like children and set unrealistic goals.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Good opportunity, Poor Management

Cartus is a great place to gain experience for anyone fresh out of college. While the Company does like to give opportunities to people with little experience, the pay, culture, management, and opportunity for growth when you arrive is severely lacking.Cartus has a reputation of laying off workers when it is beneficial to them. One goals aren’t met financially, when budgets are reviewed, when clients leave. When these hard times fall just know that layoffs will happen. Usually starting at the manager level, and then they will dismantle any departments they view as obsolete, which leaves sometimes 100 or more employees looking for new jobs whether internally or externally.Management has a way of manipulating employees into believing that if they work hard they will eventually be promoted based on their hard work. What they don’t tell you is, promotions are gained only when a spot is available (ex: supervisor leaves so another position is open). No promotions will be awarded based on your achievements alone, you must apply for the position along with everyone else. Also, management already knows who they are going to promote, the interviews are more of a formality to give everyone an “equal opportunity”. You’ll see many times that people will apply only for the position to go to the person that was coddled by managers.Overall the Company is a good place to gain experience, but unless you are comfortable with playing the role of teachers pet you won’t get far.I would recommend to anyone who is looking to apply to gain your experience and leave the Company as soon as possible. -

Treated like child

Mgt treats you like a child and is ridiculous . gossiping like high school if you can stay to self not that bad of a place and the benefits are pretty good

Pros

Work from home

Underpaid, Overworked, and Management Picks Favorites

Some of the worst management I’ve ever had the displeasure of working with. The thing is, the job might be better if you’re lucky enough to have a good manager. Some parts of the company are okay, but don’t pick the Home Event Services/Affinity department unless you want to be treated like a child, micromanaged, and belittled even when you’re doing your job as they ask. They nitpick on silly metrics, regardless of the value of the home you just helped sell. They talk about how they care about customer service and you’ll have members who return surveys about their experience with you, but even if you have wonderful survey returns from customers singing your praise, you might get in trouble for not receiving enough inbound calls or making enough outbound calls. Management also very obviously picks favorites, and will always put their favorites on interesting projects. Time after time, you’ll see the same people getting picked, while I’ve seen plenty of better employees be overlooked just because they aren’t a manager favorite. If your manager dislikes you, beware. Probably best to just quit or move to a different department, I’ve seen managers pick apart employees who they disliked. Overall, save your time and find a company that actually cares about their employees as humans, rather than seeing them as money making metric machines.

Pros

Nothing now that it’s all remote

Cons

Short breaks, awful management, low pay, long hours in front of a computer, too many unattainable metrics

Fair place

Good place to work, my experience went well. Great benefits and the work environment was relaxed. Very busy at times but certainly manageable. Not for everyone though.

Good place to start and learn about the Relocation Industry

Metric based productivity place.Pay is not great.Often have to worry about department budget cuts. Training is fairly decentSummers are busy due to relocation moves

Previously good place to work.

Good place to work until the managers start choosing favorites. If you are not a favorite you get nowhere. The ask you to speak up but when you do they get rid of you. You only grow there if they like you. You do not get it because of the merit of your work.

Cons

healthcare and salary way below other relocation companies.

Mass layoff

Overall. Cartus the company was a good company to work for. It has great benefits and other perks.The only drawback was the multiple layoff. Which It never rebounded in the Tennessee region

Pros

Cons

Permanent layoffs

Think really hard before applying

Cartus was a job I had to take because of personal circumstances and I wish I hadn’t. The management is poor and the work place culture is stressful and toxic...most of the managers in my old department (IT) were petty and always trying to catch you slipping up. It felt more like you were in a daycare than at work...progression only occurs if you suck up to a manager or someone leaves their position and the company overall has a very old school approach to things that just makes their processes and procedures appear stagnant.

Pros

Half days on certain holidays, birthday off, regular benefits

Cons

Poor management, toxic work culture

My peers were the best part of this job

I trusted my peers more than I trusted upper management. Took away all bonuses which was a great way to appreciate your employees...oncevthwy took that away is when they begin to show their true colors towards their employees...the morale completely changed. That's all.

Pros

Free cheap lunches

Change is constant

Saw the downsizing coming. Took what I learned and moved on. It's a cubical job. They do have good benefits, but the stress of the upcoming downsizing was like a thick dark cloud everyday.

Best Job I've had thus far

I actually worked as a File Set Up Coordinator in early 2020 right before the pandemic hit. It was essentially a data entry job and while most people probably would think that's difficult or boring, I loved it as I enjoy working with computers, and found a quiet office environment better than my previous retail store jobs. I was hired through an awesome temp agency that was nearby and I ended up in a training class with about 15-20 other temps. The work was definitely hard as you had to read extremely carefully and compare what you read to other documents, you had to make minimal mistakes and typing errors and be audited on them, and you did have to meet a daily/weekly goal of how much you got done, so a few people dropped out of the class and some of those that stayed still didn't get it when they were on the floor. I felt like as long as you take notes and pay attention you would be fine. Overall Cartus was a great place to work for my first corporate setting, the pay was great, and I loved the convenience shop and the guy who was in there was very friendly. There was also the credit union that I took advantage of signing up for, and the cafeteria (although the food there was hit or miss). Sadly, I got laid off in March 2020 due to the shutdown, and I miss being able to work there to this day. Although I was in File Set-Up and cannot vouch for their other positions, I still believe that if you can get an opportunity to work at Cartus, I highly recommend it.

Pros

Great pay, great culture and environment, my managers were very helpful, access to cafe and convenience shops as well as a credit union, 1 hour lunch break, freedom to listen to music while working or take a quick walk as a refresher

Cons

Lots of attention to detail required, minimal room for error, somewhat high expectations in file completion, cafeteria food was not always great

Productive and outstanding work environment

This company by far is the best company seemingly on the planet. We had a great rapport as a floor of people that work hard, that work together, that help one another, but still get the job done and then some. The management for the most part is outstanding!! There is opportunity for growth and encouragement to be the very best "you" that you can be. The environment and the work was enjoyable for me. It never felt like work. It was a joy to come to work each and every day!

Pros

Free lunches, had fun meetings, who can say that?

Cons

Right team lead, right employee

Dynamic, ever-changing environment

Great, dedicated, creative personnel servicing their clients at a high level. Lots of learning and training on an ongoing basis. Very global presence.

Pros

International presence, vision for company

Cons

Pay

Professional. Responsive. You set your own schedule. Pay is ok, but mileage not paid. Opportunities for new students are rare.

As a teacher with 25 years experience, my interview was very short. I was hired almost immediately. The pay per hour was ok, but it included mileage, so I only took students nearby. Company reimburses for all teaching material and are very helpful, accessible and professional. Students are top caliber. You agree to teach those who fit your schedule, but there are not many students. It is definitely a part time gig.

Pros

Professional company

Cons

Very part time

It is a good place to work because of flexible working hours and easy to take time off

Flexible working hours. A fairly good company but very difficult to get promoted. Promotion is only based on who you know and not based on what you know. Too much politics is involved.

Pros

Free lunch only on Thanksgiving day and free breakfast just before Christmas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cartus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight