Cartus Employee Reviews

Productive and energetic place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 14, 2018
Productive environment with room for growth. Leaning more and more towards technology. Offers lots of employee amenities. Very involved in community and supports a number of local organizations. Lots of employee perks and incentives.
Very Fun Atmosphere
Real Estate Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 14, 2018
You must be ready for change, policy and procedures change all the time, time management is a huge part as well. Management very knowledgeable. No micro managing, work at your own pace as long as you met metric monthly goals and build report with clients.
Pros
schedule, advancements
Cons
pay
Growing work environment
Home Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
This company gave great opportunity for growth and a career path. I enjoyed working for this company a few years I learned a lot about mortgage and military families.
Helpful supervisors, good pay
ESL Tutor (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXApril 22, 2018
This company worked well with my schedule, and the staff were friendly. There was a lot of driving involved to get to each student. There was good support for language questions on the Internet.
Convenient location, worked with alot of great people.
Relocation Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 19, 2018
As a relocation accounting analyst, audited expense reports for customers reimbursement request. The company provided training. Most of the managers were great some not. Keeping up with daily set goals some days was overwhelming. There are a lot of good people that work in the company, that is why I enjoyed the job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Daily goal to complete the work can be tough at times
Busy days
Real Estate Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 17, 2018
Work days consist of contacting clients to gauge the progress of their real estate needs. Most clients are receptive to calls. I understand the concept of taking control of the calls. management is cordial and willing to help. There is a hierarchy culture in the office I'm employed, most of the senior employees have been employed for multiple years, so they are familiar with most situations that arise and will instruct on the proper way to address the issue. I believe the individual case loads for new hires is too much.
Pros
not many
Cons
several
fast paced custoner focused with bottem line intergrity
Vice President, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 1, 2018
solid progressive career oriented company in a challenging and changing industry. Will always look at customer client issues with a open mind but will not lose focus of the bottom line
Working culture at Cartus
Real Estate Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 23, 2018
The day is full of things to make you compliant. You have a task list, a last contact report and you take inbound calls throughout the day as well as make outbound calls all day as well.
Pros
Fun activities for holidays and diverse training
Cons
no exercise facilities
Avoid this company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 22, 2018
If supervisors likes you and you behave like an animal in circus that’s ok.
But if you make suggestions to improve something, they think you want their job, they see you as a thread and, in retaliation, convince their managers to fire you.
Pros
Security
Cons
Management, ethics, communication, people’s character
Cartus
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2018
A typical day at CARTUS, I would come in, check territory for non network requests or agent generated referrals. After I check those, I'd print out on tasks list for the day, work on each file separately and that ranges from 25 to 40+ every day. I'd send out the details of the member, to the broker once I'm done with the first two steps. I've learned time management, multi-tasking, flexibility, teamwork, self motivation, dependability, problem solving and accountability. The management is great! Very Supportive, very knowledgeable, door is always open to talk to their employees. Work place culture is easy going, everyone is positive and love to eat! The hardest part of the job is Tuesdays, that's always been our busy day because all the files come in on Tuesday. Most enjoyable part of the job are your coworkers and food.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits, schedule flexibility, and location
Cons
Some management
Not enjoyable
RELOCATION ACCOUNTING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 20, 2018
Working at Cartus was filled with stressful days and the compensation did not reflect the work that was required on a daily basis. The company appears to be outsourcing position to be competitive without thought of loyal employees
Pros
Gym
Cons
Stressful atmosphere
A job
P&G International Assignment Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 17, 2018
Politics and not your results were looked at more, it was a clicky place to work. The team leads did now know as much as they should have, and were not open to train properly due to their lack on knowing the details.
Stay away from the Affinity Department
Real Estate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 14, 2018
Cartus is an okay company... stay away from the Affinity department! Its a joke and management is poor and incompetent.
Complete waste of my time working here as a college graduate.... there are about 50 people in the department and I could count on one hand how many have degrees... Therefore the level of professionalism is mediocre in every aspect.
Pros
Work life balance/ decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Continuous Layoffs
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 13, 2018
I don't recommend this employer. They do not care about their employees, only stockholders. Poor manager, management. This used to be a premier employer in CT, no longer.
Pros
Close by
Cons
Bad management, major stress
Great Job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 8, 2018
This a Great job, safe place, and i love the people who works with me. I have been with Cartus for almost 2 years now and I do not planning on leaving.
Great atmosphere; great people; productive and fast paced
Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 8, 2018
The job was never the same day-to-day and member-to-member; there was variations in each and every interaction with co-workers and the members; the work was challenging, but also a great job to do and there was never a lull in the day; the compensation was excellent for a customer service position.

Assisting the USAA and NFCU members with their home purcahse/home sale was exciting and definitely a pleasure to do. Every interaction with the members was different from member to member; this made the job fun and exciting. It also gave me the opportunity to learn new things in customer service as well as the real estate market and how the process of home buying/selling worked and how the agents worked for and with the members.

The most challenging part of the job was handling and resolving issues the members would have with the buying or selling and with the agents, but for me I loved that side of the job because I would always go above and beyond to make sure that the members’ issues were resolved to their satisfaction and it gave me the chance to explain and educate the members on the real estate process which they always appreciated.

The most enjoyable parts of the job was the people that I worked with, the job, the interaction with the members, and the opportunity to assist them and resolve any issues for them.
Pros
Compensation, coworkers, free coffee, the members, and the job
Cons
Management being concerned about numbers, rather than doing what was right for the members and taking care of their needs
Real Estate Coordinator
Real Estate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 26, 2018
Overworked with caseload, management has no sense of direction, really need to learn how to be a self starter and figure things out for yourself. You can move to a different department but it will not have as much job security as this underpaid role. They do something called "voluntary layoff" basically giving you a chance to quit before they fire you. Not enough to keep employees but are scheduled for a 6 million upgrade for the gym.
Interesting job nice place to work
Operations Manager-International (Current Employee) –  Irving TexasFebruary 21, 2018
Interesting job, speaking with people who are relocating all over the
world.

Downsizing so the workload is high. People are nice. We deal with homesale, international relocations and assist corporations in developing their relocation policies and procedures. Interact with all levels of management.
Great opportunity, but low pay with a lack of clear communication.
English Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 19, 2018
I was in this position for awhile but was never offered any opportunity to advance in this position or receive a higher salary for the work I was doing. There was no room for advancement.
Employee beware
CSC (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 18, 2018
If you can get a job here just beware. There has been no expansion and there were management level layoffs lately. I go to work everyday and worry if I'll have a job in a month.