Cartus Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Real Estate Advocate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 7, 2018
I worked there for 7 years and Cartus well the USAA side of Cartus lacks professionalism. It’s very poor there. The health insurance was great at one time then it got worst. They don’t care about there employees if you’re working for the USAA campaign all they care about is the numbers. The pay is okay but could be better. They give you too much work and not enough pay for what you do. Turn over rate is kind of high. But The atmosphere is a little relaxed though you’ll feel comfortable and like you’re a family. They will try to motivate you to work to get the numbers up. Dress coded is casual which is great because it used to be business casual.
Pros
Friendly people, they try to motivate you. Casual dress code free lunch, other fun events
Cons
Pay, too much work, Some people are unprofessional, Health insurance is too expensive, some of the people are messy
A good place to work
Real Estate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 3, 2018
Cartus is a typical corporate job with good benefits and an acceptable pay scale for the job you are doing but like most corporate jobs you are mostly a liability and so you are given strict direction on how to proceed concerning over time etc and always in a place where the corporate motto is to do more with less. Cartus is a great place to hold your spot and maintain so you can have the basics of life as much as most of the middle to lower class. The best part of the job is working with people but that is also the worst part of the job. Despite what this review might say, I do enjoy working there most days.
Pros
7.5 hour work day
Cons
Stress level during the busy season, no overtime.
High paced
USAA RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 1, 2018
Learned a lot/Fast paced environment.

Nice place to work/Call center environment

Nice people
Lots of outbound calls daily

Learn something new every day
Mylearning classes available
Accounts Payable Van Line Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 1, 2018
You meet and work with nice people at Cartus. Cartus offers my learning classes for self learning. It has a broad workplace culture. It has changed over the years since I worked some good, some not so good.
Pros
My learning classes
Cons
Benefits are not so good
Family friendly company
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 30, 2018
This was an amazing company to work for. The training program was awesome and there were several family friendly events and programs sponsored by the company
Productive and fun place to work
Desktop Operations Lead, Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 28, 2018
Cartus was so exciting to work at until the management turn over. During the turn over we loss some very talented managers. After twelve years I was forced out of the company by their refusing to promote me to a management position and bringing on a remote manager. The new management view within this department was not conducive with mine and I became very unhappy working there.
I am thankful for the time at Cartus as I learned a lot and had some really good experience. I would recommend Cartus to people who ask me, overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
friendly, concerned about their workers, free training
Cons
inexperenced managers, more concerned with how you present yourself then what you know.
bad company to work for
ANALYST II, OPERATION ACCOUNTING VENDOR SET UP (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 21, 2018
within the past year or the management has gotten worst and difficult to work under.
the best part about my job of the day in the past three years was looking for 3:30 to come quick
Great atmosphere/Not so great compensation
Operations Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 14, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working at Cartus, I just would prefer making more money and having more of a bonus structure. They do offer opportunities to grow and I have learned a lot working there.
Pros
Good atmorsphere
Cons
Short breaks
Pettiness is insane
Real Estate Advocate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2018
Great place with great benefits. The work is easy. But the politics and a crooked HR department make this place a issue. They fire people due to popularity and they lie about bonus packages that they have not paid in over 3 years.
Seriously wonderful group of people to work with.
Real Estate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 5, 2018
The job is basically Call Center/ Customer Service work. The work environment is very positive. Everyone I worked with was professional and thoughtful.
Pros
monthly potlucks
Cons
the winter commute was occasionally difficult

Want to know more about Cartus?

Ask a question
Too much work
Senior Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 13, 2018
Not enough hours in the day to do your job, no overtime Favorites, discrimination. Bad management, mood swings, no patience. Co workers are the best part of going to work.
Pros
37.5 hour work week
Cons
no overtime
Cartus
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 5, 2018
It is a bit hard to be promoted or show your true value within Cartus unless you are willing to move to Danbury or already live in Danbury. It can be a bit frustrating to not have a career path if you work at one of the satellite offices.
Great atmosphere, great teamwork from co-workers,work/life balance was limited, and too much attention on numbers rather than customer service
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 28, 2018
Over all Cartus was a great place to work; fellow co-workers were friendly and helpful, and for the most part the managers were supportive and provided great support. However, the company focused more on their numbers than the quality of the customer service that was expected of the employees. Their work life balance was not what they described; this made it difficult for people with children to take care of them and for people to take of personal issues because the company attendance was extremely strict.
Pros
Free lunches, great people to work with, and recognition given to employees when it is deserved
Cons
Numbers over customer, no true work life balance, and horrible insurance that was provided
Wonderful place
Client Policy Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 25, 2018
Worked here for 6 years. At the time, company was growing and things were pretty good. Found the management nice and reasonable and the fellow employees decent.
Productive work place with gym and good food
Quality Assurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 21, 2018
Typical day at work includes:
(1) Checking email for organizing my day
(2) Creating test cases in TFS for testing projects.
(3) Execute test cases created in TFS.
(4) Create release document (email) or test report (bugs) to provide management with information on next steps in project development.
(5) Go to gym for a workout session.

What I have learned:
(1) Budget my time accordingly.
(2) Complete as much as you can in the given timeline. Report what has not been tested.
(3) If you get stuck on a particular project ask questions immediately.

The workplace culture is very conducive to completing projects on time.

The hardest part of the job was sorting through the large volumes of information provided per project.

The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with the people here.
Pros
Gym/yoga available everyday
Cons
Large projects with short QA timelines.
Fast paced and great teams
Broker Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 18, 2018
Some departments are very close and team members are encouraged to support each other. Very friendly place. Employees are encouraged to learn different departments and roles within the organization.
Productive and energetic place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 14, 2018
Productive environment with room for growth. Leaning more and more towards technology. Offers lots of employee amenities. Very involved in community and supports a number of local organizations. Lots of employee perks and incentives.
Very Fun Atmosphere
Real Estate Advocate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 14, 2018
You must be ready for change, policy and procedures change all the time, time management is a huge part as well. Management very knowledgeable. No micro managing, work at your own pace as long as you met metric monthly goals and build report with clients.
Pros
schedule, advancements
Cons
pay
Growing work environment
Home Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
This company gave great opportunity for growth and a career path. I enjoyed working for this company a few years I learned a lot about mortgage and military families.
Helpful supervisors, good pay
ESL Tutor (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXApril 22, 2018
This company worked well with my schedule, and the staff were friendly. There was a lot of driving involved to get to each student. There was good support for language questions on the Internet.