Cartus Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Business Process Improvement Senior (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 3, 2019
Cartus is a fast paced customer satisfaction based company. Many evaluations with strict goals.
Management and staff were required to meet standardized metrics to qualify for merit increases.
Diversified work culture.
Learning something new every day was the best part of the job.
Pros
Technology Driven
Cons
Work/Life balance diminishing over the years
Good starter position
Senior, Customer Expense Processing Support (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 25, 2019
Low salary. Medical is good for the price, but keeps going up. Once the company has you, it's hard to go up in pay.

They have a gym and café which is nice.
Cons
No free coffee
Ethical company with bullies and liars as Managers
Relocation Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 20, 2019
Stay away, they are losing clients and selling business that never materializes. Cartus considers itself an 'ethical' company. That is just a marketing tactic for clients. Employees and customers know there is no satisfaction when an ethics complaint is lodged - you never hear back on a resolution. Managers get away with constant lying and bullying. My last manager never showed any curiosity or interest in what we did. Yet, they were 'subject matter expert' on everything on all things great and small. The manager walked in and announced their child could do the job better then we did. The manager broke ethics rules by allowing that child to review client agreements. Human Resources is no better, they refused to deal with the,lying and bullying. Without investigation they believed the manager had a 'good heart'.
The company is currently being 'stripped', I believe, to be put up for sale. Stay away.
Pros
Holiday schedule, 14 days vacation first year
Cons
Useless Human Resource department.
productive and friendly work place environment
Cartus Broker Services (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 24, 2019
The management was encouraging but firm in goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was having structured workday that followed a consistent pattern. I learned what it was like in a business office environment and what is expected of you in that environment. Overall working there was enjoyable experience.
Pros
long lunch break
Great people at Cartus, enjoyed my 15 years with the company.
Vice President, Account Management (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 16, 2019
Very good culture, strong focus on supporting clients. Very good financial management. Typical day was supporting my team, clIents and company goals/objectives.
Good Company
Data Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 13, 2018
IT department is always on the chopping block when it comes to year end budgeting it seems like. Decent workplace culture, projects become mundane quickly.
Call Center Envirnoment
RELOCATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 4, 2018
Over worked and under paid. Employees are given a huge workload and required to work 37.5 hours with no opportunity for overtime to manage the work load and provide great customer service. No opportunity to go to the bathroom or eat lunch because of the amount of calls and emails that it receives daily.
Pros
Cons
Over worked employees
What is good for some ate not for others
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 10, 2018
Favoritism does not follow the rules with all employees, I retained a lot of knowledge from 7 different programs on a daily basis. loved training and teaching the rookies, at any given time up to 120
Pros
Paid lunch hour
Cons
work overload
Great place to work but......
Manager (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 5, 2018
Salaries are roughly 30% lower than fair market salaries for ALL positions. Fantastic people work here with a great corporate culture and work/ life balance (though this depends on who you report to). No salary increases for 2 years due to corporate change.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Health savings account, low salaries
I enjoyed diversity on all levels within the population and how everyone supported the same goal.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 4, 2018
Each day was never the same
Challenges of call centers
Management respected HR functions; but frustrated with time to make decisions
Relaxed Culture
Pros
Upper management embraced change and development of best demonstrated practices.
Cons
Call center with high turnover and employee morale issues. Reduction in market share.
Nice first career job for students coming out of college
Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed cartus as my first job coming out of college. Good staff that helps you out when you are in need of help. Good starting pay and great benefits.
Great Company with Excellent Fringe Benefits (Including a Gym)
MANAGER, OPERATIONS ACCOUNTING (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 25, 2018
A typical day at work was coaching and directing staff by working alongside my senior analysts to ensure all equity payment requests were executed accurately and timely; following all internal controls over disbursements.
I learned to multi-task and establish priorities. I polished my management skills based on the workplace culture and took advantage of all the in-house leadership training forums they offered to managers and above. I learned to be patient with everyone's learning curve and to be flexible during their first 120-days on the job. I learned to encourage and recognize their efforts, no matter how small the progress. I lead by example by being to work on time and very seldom missed work. Took advantage of all the recongition programs offered.
The hardest part the job was to place someone on a performance plan and manage the plan thoroughly, especially if the staff member had to be terminated.
The most rewarding part of the job was to mentor staff members and assist them to excel in their career objectives. This is a very rewarding experience and the best part of my job.
Pros
Work from home opportunities, flexible work schedules, birthdays off, on-site gym
Cons
Too many meetings
Good organization - People are happy there
Senior HR/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 3, 2018
It seems like most employees are happy there. There is a bit of dissatisfaction with compensation though. The people are nice and the building has a lot of amenities.
Typical work day at Cartus
Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 31, 2018
Typical day: Due to being under staff with a high turnover rate, my workload consist of receiving 100-200 emails a day, Task management page with 3-4 pages, no overtime and have to work off the clock to maintain good service, Cover reports while calling customers, 4 to 5 Initial call appointments to explain relocation policy which takes 20 minutes to 1 hours. This have to be done while working 7.5 hours per day.
Not to trustworthly
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 28, 2018
Management doesn't tell you how it is from the beginning. I came into this position with the thought it was permanent, when it was truly only a temporary job. Management tell you that they'll help you get hired and don't. They just hire new temps so they don't have to spend the money on hiring a great employee. The compensation is good, and there cafe that's about it. Atmosphere Isn't the best . Everyone makes you feel like a idiot for asking questions. Seniors aren't much help, they go around the question you ask instead of telling you the answer straight up. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to listen to music while working and the pay.
Pros
Great food, Good pay
Cons
Judgemental Management
Solid company
SENIOR SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 13, 2018
Large company with opportunities for advancement. They encourage promotion for their good people. Good benefits. Good yearly evaluation and review process.
Ok place to work
Real Estate Advocate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 7, 2018
I worked there for 7 years and Cartus well the USAA side of Cartus lacks professionalism. It’s very poor there. The health insurance was great at one time then it got worst. They don’t care about there employees if you’re working for the USAA campaign all they care about is the numbers. The pay is okay but could be better. They give you too much work and not enough pay for what you do. Turn over rate is kind of high. But The atmosphere is a little relaxed though you’ll feel comfortable and like you’re a family. They will try to motivate you to work to get the numbers up. Dress coded is casual which is great because it used to be business casual.
Pros
Friendly people, they try to motivate you. Casual dress code free lunch, other fun events
Cons
Pay, too much work, Some people are unprofessional, Health insurance is too expensive, some of the people are messy
Great Company
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 6, 2018
Loved my job had really nice co workers just over all well respected company! We celebrated our sales we brain stormed together just over all great experience.
Pros
A lot of perks
Cons
To many coffee choices lol
A good place to work
Real Estate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 3, 2018
Cartus is a typical corporate job with good benefits and an acceptable pay scale for the job you are doing but like most corporate jobs you are mostly a liability and so you are given strict direction on how to proceed concerning over time etc and always in a place where the corporate motto is to do more with less. Cartus is a great place to hold your spot and maintain so you can have the basics of life as much as most of the middle to lower class. The best part of the job is working with people but that is also the worst part of the job. Despite what this review might say, I do enjoy working there most days.
Pros
7.5 hour work day
Cons
Stress level during the busy season, no overtime.
High paced
USAA RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 1, 2018
Learned a lot/Fast paced environment.

Nice place to work/Call center environment

Nice people
Lots of outbound calls daily

Learn something new every day