Caruso Logistics Employee Reviews

Depends on what department you work for
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 16, 2019
Should have time to work and no life outside of caruso if you are in the picking area its messed up hours only place good to work in is the office's. Picking area has mangers that dont treat people fairly or right and they only give you one day off a week and its 7 days a week schedule.
Pros
Great employees in the office and good pay
Cons
Very cold, rude employees in the picking area, no life out side of caruso only get one day off a week
Its a cool job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 6, 2019
With every job comes stress u have to overlook a couple of issues but easy work no heavy lifting 20-30 lbs at most you'll be lifting. Trucks has cameras in them so you won't be held accountable for nothing you didn't cause
Poor management
Route delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2019
Pay should be more for working at night and being away from your family. The routes that you have to drive are pretty dangerous extra caution is needed
Horrible
Lead Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2019
The jobs looks nice and sparkley from the outside and before being hired. Mountains of false guarantee are made to get you through the door. Then reality will set in. Hourly pay on paper looks good but the hours makes it meaningless. No set start or end time. I never once met my manager. I only once met the transportation manager during the interview process.
Arron Hood
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 9, 2019
Poor Managment. I Don't Smoke So I Shouldn't Have To Drive The Same Truck As Those Who Do. All Trucks Were The Same So Why Not Keep The Non Smoking Truck To The Non Smoking Drivers.
Employees do not matter
Delivery Driver mop (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 5, 2019
They could care less about they're employees. They'll use you up. The hrs HORRIBLE. All they care about is you getting what they want done. And if you give them any resistance your fired.
Pros
Cons
Employees DO NOT MATTERAT ALL
Easiest but most stressful job I've ever had
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 3, 2019
I started with this company nearly 3 years ago which in itself is amazing because they can't keep people longer than a few weeks maybe a couple months if their lucky. I went through so many different hardships at this company and sadly it was for no reason other than management not knowing what they were doing. I personally went through 5 supervisors in my 3 years. The company didn't honor my contract either. When I was hired I was promised a minimum of $1/h raise every year and 4 weeks of vacation by the time of my 3rd year. So in short I was supposed to be at $25/h with 4 weeks of vacation, but I only had $20/h with 2 weeks of vacation (which I had to fight tooth and nail to get). I was told as a lead I was no longer aloud to take vacation, saying because they couldn't let me disappear for a week or 2 at a time (I would plan my vacations months in advance and would let them know). They claim the pay-rate is based off of experience but its based off a few other things like the pigment of your skin and and if they like you. I was a team lead for this company and I had guys under me with far less experience who were making several dollars a hour more than me. For example I had a guy fresh off the road less than 1 year of trucking experience and no other experience that was required for the job and he was making a dollar more a hour than me his lead! And that's not even the worst pay issues I had with this company. My 1st check was so late my 2nd one got to me 1st. My 1st check was also 10/h short of normal time and 70+/h short of overtime (when I 1st started the training was  more... 2 weeks long and the company had just started and the people that started a week before me were clock milkers 15 hour days every single day for less that 8 hour routes. I never got those hours paid even after trying for months, kept telling me they lost the paperwork so there was no way to prove I worked those hours and I was like you paid my coworkers they're hours I road with one of them everyday for those 2 weeks all you;d have to do is see what days I road with them and add up the hours for the 2 weeks and boom there's my missing money, but no they couldn't do that. Which leads me to HR... It was almost impossible to get a hold of HR when I 1st started not that they did any good. Because they're the ones who messed up pay, they're the ones in charge of insurance which got screwed up because the HR lead "forgot" to turn in the paperwork for the ENTIRE company to our insurance provider which raised everyone's rates by 42%, they screwed up so bad with my insurance that I was got stuck with my daughters $30000 birth bill because the HR lead didn't register my wife or my unborn daughter on my insurance but I sure was paying the higher premium rates for them both. With the latest supervisor I had whenever I wanted to report something to HR I was told I was overreacting. I had to tell my supervisor because the company's call in line had changed to where you needed to know the parties ext or you were forced to leave a voicemail which would get you nowhere. My supervisor flat out refused to give me HR's ext. I'm a very patient person I dealt with harassment for over 2 years from one of my guys because at 1st I was hoping the person would realize I wasn't their enemy and that I only wanted what was best for them (because I genuinely cared about my team's well being), but eventually it became to much for me. He had tried to get me fired more times than I could count, he would bully me knowing I wasn't aloud to react back to it, he even got so bold the month or so before he quit that he even tried to physically hurt me (by nearly slamming the rear door of the truck on my head, flooring it in the truck with me in the bad securing the loads, to flat out he "bumped into me" causing me to fall off the back of the truck. But I was just "overreacting" as my supervisor put it. I even have witnesses to most of these events but yeah. There is just a million things I could go on about this company. Like here's something stupid that was going on the last month I was there. My division was being audited because we were to good at our jobs. We were being audited because it wasn't believable that my team had no spills or any real customer complaints in 6 months. All because the other 2 divisions had spills either on the weekly or even the daily and dear god the complaints I heard they were getting. Like I'm sorry I trained my crew well?.. I feel sorry for my team because I did have a few good ones working under me. Also you get paid for several holidays but you only get Thanksgiving off and Christmas eve off. I'll end it on this note if you have a life or a family or just self respect DO NOT WORK FOR CARUSO please just don't.  less
Pros
easiest money you'll physically ever make
Cons
poor management, no HR feedback, lies, lies, lies, racism, no family time, just the worst company I've ever worked for
Proud to be on the Caruso Team
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2019
I have been with Caruso, Inc for little over a year and could not be happier in my decision in taking this job. This company is fierce and growing fast! If you bring a good work ethics and a positive attitude to the table, your are a valued employee. Everyone works hard because they believe in the company. Bring your A game every day!
This Company is the worst!
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLMay 4, 2019
This company lies, steals and cheat not only their employees but customers also. They continuously have you working illegally according to DOT regulations. They ask managers to go on indeed and put in false reviews to help get applicants interested. I would recommend a career at Mcdonald's before I would this company!
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything about this company
No home Life
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 15, 2019
Management sucks and don't care about the employees. Louisville manager has his buddies and of your not one you will be let go. Horrible place to work
Easy going
Operations Assistant, dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 14, 2019
I loved my job at Caruso. The operation manager in Richmond is the best! Very easy to get along with ( if your doing what your supposed to do). Like with any job it has its hiccup’s. It’s really all boils down to how you handle the situations that come up. The drivers are all very nice, never had any major problem with them.
Pros
The people
Management is terrible
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 1, 2019
The worst unorganized company in the history of driving. Relay truck is never on time. Had to wait 4 hours in the truck for the product to come then they expect you bust your but to deliver the product. Never again.
Pros
Cons
management is awful
Pretty simple job, have to handle the cold.
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJanuary 21, 2019
The job is that you work in a refrigerated warehouse, so I does get pretty cold in there. The work isn't super hard so that's nothing to worry about. Yes, the wage may not be ideal, but you get paid for what you do. Honestly I feel they pay too much for the the amount worker a picker or loader actually does.
Opportunity for advancement
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2019
I was able to work my way up through various roles. The culture changed as the company grew and became overly stressful. Very demanding position which would regularly require 100 hour work weeks
Accommodatable
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2019
Works with your schedule if in reason. Scratches your back if you scratch theirs. Comfortable environment to work in once you get the hang of things. Overtime is great. Has some busy days but most days are relaxed.
Great job....Terrible management.
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 7, 2019
This Company has a lot to offer to a prospective employee looking for a laid back, routine job. A typical work day/night starts with the relay trucks generally arriving late. Adding a potential 1-2 hours to your workday. After that, it is as routine as dropping your produce in the cooler. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I learned much from this position.
The management at this company was some of the worst I've ever seen and is the only reason I wouldn't recommend this company. There were no hard parts to this job. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the co-workers and your freedom.
Pros
Freedom
Management is a joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Management knows nothing about distribution. You never knew what your start time was. Then you were expected to bust your butt getting everything delivered before the stores closed for the night. Oh and all the trucks have cameras.
A great small company that is growing FAST!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
I've been with Caruso Logistics for about 18 months now and Love it!
There are a smaller family owned company but are very much with today's technology and are growing VERY FAST and have tons of opportunity for growth and advancement!
Pros
benefits, oppurtunity for advancement
Excellent work culture, Very supportive.
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Detroit MIDecember 20, 2018
Exciting growth, Family owned business that rewards hard work and supports employee development. Fast paced and challenging, but also very rewarding. Unlike larger companies that treat associates like just a number. Caruso management recognizes the dedication of their employees with Safe driving bonuses, paid time off and other valued benefits. Great work culture, very supportive, although some days are long, its nice to know that you're appreciated and part of a growing organization that values you.
Pros
Rewards, Safety Bonuses, Benefits. Team atmosphere
Happy work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2018
I enjoy my job very much, for the most part a laid back work environment with busy times here and there. There’s always room for improvement though, but overall I recommend this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caruso Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6