CARVANA

CARVANA Employee Reviews

United States1,553 reviews

Found 1,553 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,560 reviews
caradvocateleadsnackhaulervehiclemonthbad

Cool place to work for someone who doesn’t have a family at home.

Working 12 hour shifts three days a week seems cool, until there aren’t any deliveries. Then the managers will ask you to go home. Thirty-six hours a week, quickly turns into 29/30. Like the other reviews say: great benefits, great staff and fun environment. No matter the weather you will have to deliver the cars, and sometimes have to deliver cars in downtown DC!!!!

The bad mostly stands out they never notice the good just the bad

Carvana West Memphis u will not get promoted u will not get a raise they will promise u a raise and say u have to complete different task but u still will not get a raise the management there is poor we don’t have a human resource there open door policy DONT mean anything because management will tell employees what u came talking to them about this is a job where u can give 100% and still won’t get acknowledged or pay increase… I feel like if Carvana West Memphis had better management starting with the GM it would be a good place to work

CARVANA insights

Based on 3,277 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Poor business model

Just designed to fail and crumbling from the top down. Did not enjoy adding 30 mins to my commute then no room for advancement. Will not be surprised if company goes bankrupt soon.

Ok

It’s “ok” working here. Other than the regular work the management and upper echelons rely more on tech, IE cameras on trucks, than the actual employee. It’s a nice “go to” job but not worth the headache of tech over driver.

Fun at first until people call out

An excellent job for your first 3-5 months. If you work hard and show up everyday, you will be taken advantage of by management. They reward people that call out and no show constantly and micromanage and criticize the people that complete their daily tasks and show up for work. Pay is decent and so are benefits but be prepared for longer days and little to no chance for raises or promotionss

Was a great place to work before the spending spree

Carvana was such a great place to work. It seemed like the company couldn't be stopped when it came to growth. The benefits are fantastic, and are extremely generous on PTO, but the hourly wage left a bit to be desired. All of those thoughts came to a crashing halt in May 2022, when the first wave of layoffs occurred. No one expected the layoffs to occur, and once they happened, everyone began to worry about their jobs.The management always had to go to bat for the company, despite the fact that the company was doing both its customers and its employees a disservice by focusing completely on metrics, which led to so many paperwork and contract issues, which also led to Customer Advocates like myself constantly calling our Customer Care team to figure out why contracts aren't done properly, or why the system is having issues processing a payment, or simply figuring out why I have a completely different car set up for trade-in (yes, that has happened more than once). The embarrassment you feel is immense when you have to take the car back to the delivery hub when a customer's contracts aren't even set up correctly because the team setting up the purchase doesn't double-check their work, because they have to push through so many purchases a day.Working here, you have to meet so many metrics. This company went from being customer-based, making sure the customer was happy with the product we put out, to metric-based, where the company would care less about the quality of our product as long as we delivered the product. But often times you won't meet those metrics because the -

Fun place to work, love my coworkers

It is fun the manager I had was awesome my coworkers are great. The general manager is not one of my favorite people he is a little full of himself. The other managers are great to kid around with.

Terrible Management

only good thing is insurance, carvana does not care about you. they only care about numbers, upper management does not communicate with employees. they also show a lot of favoritism, if you stand up for yourself they will fire you. recently did a second round of layoffs and let everyone know at the very end of the shift. be aware. this is not a secure job and they will overwork you if they can.

Pros

cheap benefits, hire felons

Cons

favoritism, unsecured, underpaid

Hours and schedule

The pay is not worth the hours it takes to run the runs. It breaks down to way less then what can be made at other jobs. You either run all night or you run all day. Not worth the money

awful awful awful

Poor leadership is what brings this company down more than anything else. Yelling, screaming, and treating the team like you are an autocrat. If you step out of line or express dissent, you're taken off the team. This is a recipe for a bad experience

It sounds great during the interview process

They make it seem like a great place to work. They “pride” themselves on having a great work culture and providing work-life balance. First their sick time policy sucks. There is 0 work-life balance. The benefits are the only good thing about this company and a lot of people stay because if the benefits alone. They treat you like corporate monkeys, if they tell you to jump don’t even dare to ask how high, you are supposed to know, even though their policies in how to work accounts change almost daily. Also, if you are applying for the verifications department know that is just customer service with extra work. You will be on the phones constantly and you have to be all happy about how “great” Carvana is when you know they are not. They concentrate more on what you can do to improve and be “better” even if your numbers are great; and when they make a bad business decision the employees are the ones that pay for it by being let go. I don’t recommend working here, you will be in constant fear of not being sure if you will have a job tomorrow.

Carvana isn’t reliable

Carvana isn't reliable, they are not set up very well from a business perspective. No wonder they keep laying people off. To try and hire them back later

Loved my job

I enjoyed working at carvana, I was there for a little of a year. However the company has been struggling, and i was one of the people laid of. Not every location is as cool as mine. I worked for the carvana logistics and the management was great, but sadly all good things must end and i was laid off due to upper arizona mis-management.

Good benefits and pay. Very unorganized, lack of communication & no follow through

Good benefits and pay. The company as a whole is very unorganized and very wasteful. None of the new processes are truly thought through. Carvana creates fixes for one issue just to set multiple other parts of the process back 3 or more steps. BIG lack of communication throughout. The company wants to look good on the rye of the public and act family oriented with their "core values" but truly are another BIG corporation that is not one bit family oriented.

Easiest job because there is no real directive.

Easiest job I have ever had. Most of the day is spent “people developing”. There are no true directives or goals. Everything we are told from corporate is vague and not a lot of substance. Lot of keep pushing and keep working toward the goal, but no one tells you the goal. Corporate holds onto all P&L responsibility doesn’t let managers manage so some sites run well, others just steal time, money, and resources.

Pros

Easy, schedule flexibility for managers, benefits

Cons

Pay, no directive, non stimulating work

Tampa culture was amazing

Carvana is your typical “grew to fast for execs to manage”. As car buying slowed their “analyst” poorly predicted the company’s trends and it cost people their jobs.

don't work here

my body shop manager had no clue what people were doing behind his back and neither did floor management you weren't recognized for hard work or higher production numbers someone just starting out doing bodywork was paid the same as a person who had 15 plus years experience they will try to work you as hard as they can and if you complain then your a trouble maker

Place is a joke

They don’t want to move anyone up the chain. They put you in a role and expect you to take on a bigger role (without pay). Anyone above a team lead position is either a brown noser or a meat puppet. They’ll also have you work in horrible conditions. The building was beat down and the size of a shoe box but upper management could care less. We went over a year without a manager and not once did the higher ups help. They will cut your hours one day and the next ask you to work OT. Carvana should be ashamed of themselves on how that location was treated. If you’re looking at this review don’t even bother applying UNLESS you plan to be a puppet. If you want to eat sleep and breathe “Carvana” then go for it. The only thing you’ll get out of it is more work and a fake smile from management.

Company going under

Job started out great then when they ran out of work to give us, they cut our hours down to 3 days a week. Less than a week later they had a mass lay off of second shift.

Horrible place to work, DONT APPLY.

It starts out great. They give you the required training, not thorough. The pay is great for what I did. But if you have nothing to do, you are punished by having to work in the detail department. The detail department is not at all fun to work in and you’re expected to clean a whole car with 6.5 minutes and if you miss one spot, the manager comes and yells at you. An AWFUL place to work.

If you want job security don’t work here

They just laid off our whole staff a full statefarm building after 2 days prior telling us we have nothing to worry about. Literally horrible company no metrics but it seems like no matter what you do not good enough. Attandanxe policy is not even applicable for everyday working people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARVANA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CARVANA.
Powered byComparably