Play YouTube video button
CARVANA

CARVANA Employee Reviews

United States435 reviews
At carvana you will find bad management, no communication, horrible workflow, no one knows how to efficiently get cars where they need to be in a timely manner, and 90% of my days I never see the
manager out on the floor unless they are on their “production walk” and then on top of that, because other people can’t do their job, they want you to work Saturdays make up for other people’s negligence.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Miscommunication, bad workflow, clueless management
Good job, changes all the time makes it hard to keep up with, great benefits, amazing home time, home every night unless you break down, work about 4 days a week, option for extra days, management could use training in professionalism.
Pros
Home everyday, good pay, consistent routes
Cons
Thought it was a 🤬 place to work at Boss is treat you like 🤬 they don’t care about you they just care about making the product good so they can sell the car they could give two 🤬 less about what happens to you or your family
Pros
Cons
Boss is 🤡
Company is still a baby compared to other companies. There is not solid leadership at some locations and they don't like change. Things are always changing which is good as long as their is support. That is their biggest challenge.
Cons
Pay is on the low side
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Since purchases are slow at this given moment, they are dropping two of the two customer service advocates hours down here shortly, but still Carvana hired someone for the same role. Make no sense.
Pros
Provide beverages, snacks, and sometimes lunch
Cons
No benefits, cutting hours, and possibly cutting jobs.
This place sucks. It’s all about politics to them. They don’t care about you and you life outside of work. They play favoritism. Benefits are good, but it’s not worth it.
● Overall
Been with the company for years. They can't seem to figure out how they want to get the job done. Constant changes in software for work. We're talking about quarterly changes.

Even when it seems like they're moving in the right direction, they still fall apart. Can't provide much detail without revealing who I, but it's a very unfortunate situation. I used to think it's growing pains of a less than a decade old company, but I think leadership is a problem. I've seen this company become a revolving door; I'd say average lifespan is 5 months.
Turnover is extremely high. Management lies constantly and are some of the worst human scum I have ever had to work under. DOT compliance is a joke, they make you drive dangerous and broken trucks and do not care when you get hurt or break down, they only care that it affects the schedule. There is NO personal growth or care and absolutely NO home/work life balance. They didn't take care of their employees when COVID started and it is worse now. They sell customers garbage cars with so many issues it should be illegal! Pay was good but that was the ONLY good thing about this place. You're expendable and nothing more than a robot to them!
We work from a different company to come work for this company and we get treated unfairly. We always do everything they ask us to do and make sure we finish up everything on timely manner so they don’t have a problem. But at the end of the day we see them posting up Carvana advocates hiring. Which makes no sense when we are already here working for them doing half of the stuff they are supposed to be doing instead we sit there and fix their mistakes. This company only takes advantage of us workers that are from a different company. I keep seeing so many hiring applications but they cannot hire us that are already working there. They only know how to use the moment they fix it that’s when the company will be growing because we already are so many people working at this moment but they don’t want to hire. Instead we see new people just coming in and us just watching. DONT WORK HERE OR WASTE YOUR TIME THEY WONT HIRE YOU.
Pros
Stay Active
Cons
Management and Stability/Security for job
Management isnt diverse especially when there are many black drivers. Current Management does not have experience dealing with drivers and dot regulations. The yard is a total mess and unsafe. The good manager was let go only to be replaced by seat filler with minimal experience. Loaders are lazy. Trucks are dirty. This yard doesn't even have water to drink when you're working in the summer heat.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
late afternoon starts during peek traffic
I applied here working in the cosmetic department thinking it would be a great way to gain experience in regards to painting, and have fun doing it. I was wrong. Carvana comes off as a company that loves employees but they don't. No PPE was provided except for safety glasses, respirators are a MUST if you're working with bondo/paint. I was lied to about the scheduling. Every other Friday is mandatory overtime. The attendance system is inherently flawed, and if you've ever done Autobody professionally before this you'll notice they don't care about quality at all. Parts are painted while still on the car, trim isn't removed, parts aren't sanded correctly, primer is sprayed.by people who shouldn't be allowed near a spray gun. All in all I wouldn't recommend working at Carvana. Especially if you're just finishing trade school. Hold out for a job at a real body shop where you'll learn the right way to do things.
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory OT every other week, no care for safety, quantity over quality, inexperienced employees
Your hired to work for ten hour shifts . Mon - Thurs with Fri Sat Sun off. That never happened. They would make Fridays mandatory and even though it's your day off it will go against you if you don't go in. There is also allot of favoritism. Some very shady managers as well.
Pros
Working with cars
Cons
Not enough pay increase when reviewed.
They promise you the world upfront and then abandon you. The management onsite is a joke. They never show up. They pick favorites and do nothing to advance your career. The vending machine is ALWAYS broke down. Lots of bad cars. Angry customers. This place is extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Free insurance for yourself only
Cons
poor management no growth opportunity under paid
Carvana looks good from the outside and when you first start. With insanely progressive ads and culture, you’d think that they treat their employees better than any dealership but it’s all a hoax. There is no possibility of advancement. There are 4 tech levels: t, t1, t2, and t3. T is inspection (no tech experience required), t1 is brake and tire, t2 is basic tech maintenance/preventative maintenance, t3 is pretty much master tech. You start at 12 and cap out at 22/hr but god knows how long it’ll take to get there. They will interview you as a t1/t2 but hire you as a basic T. From there, promotions are rare. Their attendance policy is poorly designed along with their “bonus” program. They give you bonuses in the form of stocks. The catch is you have to wait 2 years to be able to access them. For a company that has been exceptionally well during this pandemic, they sure don’t care about their employees. This place destroyed the pride I take in my work.
Pros
Starting pay is mediocre, hours aren’t terrible
Cons
No room to move up, lies, poor working conditions, poor attendance policy
Management sucks they don’t care about there drivers and constantly changing what they tell you to get hired. From my experience they should close there doors. They don’t take care of there trucks then blame drivers when they break down over inflate steer tires. Corporate does not care about racism that goes on constantly even after it gets reported
Pros
Cons
The company
Great job to start out with for hourly pay and excellent benefits. Offers lots of overtime. Overall separates it’s job responsibilities adequately allowing for a smooth transition and work environment.
Pros
Overtime/benefits
Cons
Starting hourly rate
I joined Carvana with high hopes as promised by the leadership at interview. However, their “fun & cool” culture promoted by all is just a way to make you work harder while they pay you less and To compensate for the chaotic nature of the organization.

Free t-shirts and free snacks, but no focus on diversity, support, transparency or clarity.

Disappointed. Doesn’t live up to the hype!
Pros
Free snacks, funky offices
Cons
Chaotic leadership and inexperienced leadership
The benefits are ridiculously Amazing. The company goes above and beyond for the employees. During covid they really tried to maintain a safe and welcoming place of work
Pros
free healthcare great benefits
This company is changing all the time. There is no consistent da.
They play favorites, no room to grow they don't listen to your concerns

the pay is too little for all the work they make you do over worked and under paid
They lie its all lies the leads don't do nothing at work I mean nothing I was a lead painter an the hole thing sucked hacking new cars they sure know how to miss up cars would not buy one from them smoke an mirrors what a crapshow
Pros
Good ins.
Cons
Everything lies
A typical work day, you will be flying. You eat on the go and will often stay late to finish paperwork or cover someone else who didn’t complete their tasks. My hub did monthly team bonding events before Rona (sport events, eating lunch together). It does have so much potential but it seems like they are growing too fast to put the proper infrastructure in place so that employees don’t feel constantly overworked. It’s like a game of catch up and “oh this will be different in a month” but it isn’t. there always seem to be fires to put out. Team leads are overworked and deliveryturn around leaves NO room for bathroom, eating, rest breaks (during the busy or understaffed times) It can also be very very slow to where you will be asked to not come in and worry about whether you will hit your 40. The benefits are awesome. It;s really crazy how good they are actually and that is one huge plus of working here.
Pros
Free lunch, management was nice, benefits are out of sight
Cons
No time to breath, a toxic positivity only attitude (leads to no accountability)