Casa Central Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I loved this place!
Manager of External Affairs (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2018
Casa Central was home away from home for me. I love the programs they offer the community. I believe everyone that works there is truly genuine about their role and truly love and care about their colleagues and overall responsibilities of their job.

I loved my job there. I was highly involved in working closely with Management and the community. I enjoyed meeting the participants of the programs and they always put a smile on my face.

There is a lot to do in this agency, so it's not fun in games. There is a lot of responsibility with your role, but for me it was one of the most fulfilling positions I ever held in any company.

Highly recommend it!
Pros
I really enjoyed working there - made many friends.
Cons
long commute for me
Great services, great personnel and helpful workers...
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2018
Casa Central has provided great services to the community and its residents...from elderly home care services to job placement and infant day care, Casa Central does a great job of meeting the needs of its clients. Always willing to go the extra step to make its clients happy, Casa Central provides great services that are so needed in the Humboldt Park neighborhood...if you're a local resident, I highly recommend their services if they fit your needs...
Amazing organization to work for
Recruitment Coordinator and Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
I loved working for Casa Central. I started my career in Human Resources with Casa Central and learned so much. It is an amazing place to work for and the work environment is great! Everyone is very nice, respectful and professional. I could not recommend Casa Central enough.
Great Place to Work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Casa Central is a place that is dedicated to community and strives for excellence. Located in the heart of Humboldt Park, great food,park and parent community .
Well it was good
Kitchen server (Former Employee) –  1401 N CaliforniaMarch 20, 2018
I like it got to meet the people who came to in the. Dining room and there where so sweet and i use to take them there orange juice and snack to the rooms then get the stuff ready for the next day.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Our break thats aboutit
Fairness
Transportation and facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2018
Human Resources dept not professional at all and does not follow proper protocol, only when its convenient to them..
Does not treat all the same, have favoritism
Productive and very welcoming environment
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2018
Working at Casa Central was fun and different. I was able to work with children. It was very warm welcoming and easy-paced work. I always felt comfortable.
Fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2018
It is a fast-paced environment, management can do and be better.
I like working with my current director, I have learned a lot from her, I have gained her trust and I can say that I have enjoyed learning from her a lot.
Best job ever
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
Casa Central is a great place to work and develop high quality work experience.
*Family oriented
*Positive Environment
*Friendly Co-workers
*Great benefits
*Safe Environment
Pros
Easy access
Cons
Stressful sometime
Fast paced, flexible and good company culture. Management was supportive.
Executive Administrative Assistant to CFO (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Casa Central's mission is to transform lives and strengthen the community with a special focus on Hispanics. Their network of Social Services propels a diverse population of all ages toward self-sufficiency and a higher quality of life.

Casa Central not only does what they say but they believe in what they do. Which is why so many people in need of services are drawn to this organization.

It was rewarding working for an organization that does this. They are really making a difference in peoples lives.

Casa Central has a positive and family-like culture. Management has a strong set of values and they empower employees to have a voice and improve in their professional and personal development.
Pros
Work/Life Balance - Flexible
Cons
Could improve health benefits.
great staff and great kids
Youth Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2017
Great staff and great kids to work with. enjoyed myself a lot. Always felt informed from supervisor and she had great leadership skills, staff was always ready to work together to create a great environment for youth
Pros
Kids/ staff
Cons
funding
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Ayudante de cocina (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2017
Buen ambiente de trabajo se trabaja bajo presion ya que se prepara alimentos para ninos y personas de la tercera edad
A good place to get your foot in door to be a home care aide or cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2017
Good place if you want to get your foot in door as a home care aide or a cna . You work 30 to 35 hour a week it's part time. only employees that been there many years get full time or first dibs on full time position .
Pros
Good get your foot in door for patient care or cna field
Cons
Only part time
fun working with kids
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
It's fun working with casa central because you feel like you don't want to goe nowhere they treat you with respect and I get to learn a lot from them.specialy with the kids.how to work with them it takes a lot but they will learn fast.
Very demanding job
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2017
Working as a home care is very stressful not only the clients are demanding but family members as well. Is a lot of patience that is needed to work with them, but also very depressing when you can do more than assigned by the supervisor.
Pros
Not much allowed to do
Cons
Been able to help
Gained a lot of experience, fostered lasting friendships
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
This employer provided me with my first chance to supervise several employees, and I appreciated the opportunity. Although I had the education, I did not have the experience, but I gained a lot of it on-the-job. I learned so much about the various Latino cultures, gained a lot of compassion for the elderly population we served, and mastered my Spanish. I was able to manage my staff of supervisors effectively, and at the same time, gain their respect and admiration. To this day, I am still in contact with 3 of them and we meet regularly.

The workplace culture took a little getting used it; at times it was lax and people would try to get away with things, or expected special treatment just because of our shared Latino heritage. On the one hand, it was great speaking Spanish as opposed to English during the work day, but conversely, some employees would take advantage and expect that all paperwork had to be translated for them if they weren't bilingual. The hardest part of the job was the constant turnover in home care aides, having to hire and train new staff, and terminating employees is never easy. The most enjoyable part was establishing relationships with the staff, and the elderly clientele and hearing from family members who were thankful for our services.

The worse part of the job was the favoritism and nepotism; so unacceptable.
Pros
I had a great staff and gained a lot of experience
Cons
Favoritism and nepotism on the part of management
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
This was a very fast paced environment. I worked here for six years and loved it. I just need to earn more money. I would love to work for this company again in the future.
Pros
People friendly
Cons
Hours need to be more flexible
Poor environment - Staff needs to be professional
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day, everyone does what is convenient for them.
Learned that there is no confidentiality and respect for others.
Management needs to review and follow policy, they tend to make up policies as situations arise or just not have certain policies to leave room for severe situations to slide by.

The workplace culture is poor, no one there respects themselves or others.

The hardest part of the job is, walking into a negative environment.

Then enjoyable part of the job is your own personal goal!

Policy is not followed.

Accidents go unreported due to feeling threatened of job security.

Employees in different departments not recognized until the end of they year. (What if the employee leaves before the year is over?)

Leadership needs some polishing up, at this point they are puppets.

Your voice is not heard.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
You are micro managed!
A safe environment
Lead Teacher/Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2016
It has a wonderful staff; new Directors are not always kind to staff and a great after school for children 6-12 years old. They have a great adult program on the 2nd floor.
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2016
Enjoyed my tenure at Casa Central. It was a fun place to work and coworkers were great. Left a great group of people to work with
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in
Cons
Work area was minimal regarding spacing of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casa Central. Our community is ready to answer.

Casa Central Reviews by Location