Casa Central Employee Reviews

Fast paced, flexible and good company culture. Management was supportive.
Executive Administrative Assistant to CFO (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Casa Central's mission is to transform lives and strengthen the community with a special focus on Hispanics. Their network of Social Services propels a diverse population of all ages toward self-sufficiency and a higher quality of life.

Casa Central not only does what they say but they believe in what they do. Which is why so many people in need of services are drawn to this organization.

It was rewarding working for an organization that does this. They are really making a difference in peoples lives.

Casa Central has a positive and family-like culture. Management has a strong set of values and they empower employees to have a voice and improve in their professional and personal development.
Pros
Work/Life Balance - Flexible
Cons
Could improve health benefits.
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2018
At Casa Central I was able to exercise my skills regarding Medicare and Medicaid as it affected its clients and billing. Did such a great job and demonstrated weaknesses that were affecting the billing to the point where they found they were losing more than gaining revenues! That realization cost me my job, but opened the company's eyes to their actual needs and educated my CEO on what they were missing.
A very inspirational and healthy environment to work in
Activity/Youth Leader (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2018
I started working with Casa Central and loved it! I assisted my super and program manager in the day to day operations and working with clients or student and neighborhood teen that would visit just to stay of the streets during the day.

I assisted with setting up programs and preparing some members for employment and college opportunities, by arranging college tours. I was offered the position of supervisor and I turned it down.
Pros
Diverse population and great energy
Cons
internship
I loved this place!
Manager of External Affairs (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2018
Casa Central was home away from home for me. I love the programs they offer the community. I believe everyone that works there is truly genuine about their role and truly love and care about their colleagues and overall responsibilities of their job.

I loved my job there. I was highly involved in working closely with Management and the community. I enjoyed meeting the participants of the programs and they always put a smile on my face.

There is a lot to do in this agency, so it's not fun in games. There is a lot of responsibility with your role, but for me it was one of the most fulfilling positions I ever held in any company.

Highly recommend it!
Pros
I really enjoyed working there - made many friends.
Cons
long commute for me
Best job ever
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
Casa Central is a great place to work and develop high quality work experience.
*Family oriented
*Positive Environment
*Friendly Co-workers
*Great benefits
*Safe Environment
Pros
Easy access
Cons
Stressful sometime
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2018
Working At casa Central was a stable quit fun organizations where employees come together as one team to help one another to get the job done and also make the resistance happy and feel love and special.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Amazing organization to work for
Recruitment Coordinator and Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
I loved working for Casa Central. I started my career in Human Resources with Casa Central and learned so much. It is an amazing place to work for and the work environment is great! Everyone is very nice, respectful and professional. I could not recommend Casa Central enough.
Great services, great personnel and helpful workers...
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2018
Casa Central has provided great services to the community and its residents...from elderly home care services to job placement and infant day care, Casa Central does a great job of meeting the needs of its clients. Always willing to go the extra step to make its clients happy, Casa Central provides great services that are so needed in the Humboldt Park neighborhood...if you're a local resident, I highly recommend their services if they fit your needs...
Me parece muy buena
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
No he trabajo para es empresa, tengo referencias Bo mas
Pros
Seguro médico por beneficiario
Volunteer
CASA Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 26, 2018
I would get to know the child by talking with everyone in that child's life: parents and relatives, foster parents, teachers, medical professionals, attorneys, social workers and others. I would use the information I gathered to inform judges and others of what the child needs and what will be the best permanent home for them.
CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children in court and other settings. The primary responsibilities of a CASA volunteer are to: • Gather information: Review documents and records, interview the children, family members and professionals in their lives.
• Document findings: Provide written reports at court hearings. • Appear in court: Advocate for the child's best interests and provide testimony when necessary. • Explain what is going on: Help the child understand the court proceedings. • "Be the glue": Seek cooperative solutions among individuals and organizations involved in the children's lives. As one volunteer said: Be the glue that connects the pieces in a complicated child welfare system. • Recommend services: Ensure that the children and their family are receiving appropriate services and advocate for those that are not immediately available. Bring concerns about the child's health, education, mental health, etc. to the appropriate professionals. • Monitor case plans and court orders: Check to see that plans are being followed and mandated review hearings are being held. • Keep the court informed: Update the court on developments with agencies and family members. Ensure
  more... that appropriate motions are filed on behalf of the child, so the court knows about any changes in the child's situation.  less
High-paced Job
Child Welfare Specialist/Intact (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2018
Not very flexible with time and hours worked, strict dress policy, but the management is supportive. I felt supportive and received great supervision while there.
A place to call Home
Safe Start Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2015
I have worked at this agency for 6 years. Very professional and available opportunities to grow within the agency. Hours are flexible depending upon your job and also supervisor. The agency also recognizes hard working employees and recognizes employees each year by provides certifications and awards.
overall, Casa Central is a place to call home.
Cons
Healtcare benifits
Productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Chef Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2012
I worked a Casa Central to fulfill my internship,while at school.
I did not recieve pay , nor benifits for my time.My time there was
rewarding, my fellow employee were caring, patience, and fun
to be around. I hated to leave there, they taught me so much there,
and I will always value whaat I learned from them.
Pros
free lunch. good food
Cons
i found no con working there
Great Place to Work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Casa Central is a place that is dedicated to community and strives for excellence. Located in the heart of Humboldt Park, great food,park and parent community .
Poor environment - Staff needs to be professional
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day, everyone does what is convenient for them.
Learned that there is no confidentiality and respect for others.
Management needs to review and follow policy, they tend to make up policies as situations arise or just not have certain policies to leave room for severe situations to slide by.

The workplace culture is poor, no one there respects themselves or others.

The hardest part of the job is, walking into a negative environment.

Then enjoyable part of the job is your own personal goal!

Policy is not followed.

Accidents go unreported due to feeling threatened of job security.

Employees in different departments not recognized until the end of they year. (What if the employee leaves before the year is over?)

Leadership needs some polishing up, at this point they are puppets.

Your voice is not heard.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
You are micro managed!
Fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2018
It is a fast-paced environment, management can do and be better.
I like working with my current director, I have learned a lot from her, I have gained her trust and I can say that I have enjoyed learning from her a lot.
Well it was good
Kitchen server (Former Employee) –  1401 N CaliforniaMarch 20, 2018
I like it got to meet the people who came to in the. Dining room and there where so sweet and i use to take them there orange juice and snack to the rooms then get the stuff ready for the next day.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Our break thats aboutit
n/a
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2014
Is a good community place to work but their is no room to advance or raises
Productive.
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL.August 14, 2012
Very occupied place. There is always people coming in asking for more information, and I gladly help them as far as I can.
Pros
no pros
Cons
part time job. no benefits.
Fairness
Transportation and facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2018
Human Resources dept not professional at all and does not follow proper protocol, only when its convenient to them..
Does not treat all the same, have favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casa Central. Our community is ready to answer.