Casa Imports Employee Reviews

Good place for earn warehouse experience but not for stay long
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 27, 2018
It was a stressful place to work not a good management no consideration for employees just a good place to earn experience in warehouse and machine operations
Pros
N/a
Cons
Healthcare
Good stable job with strong caring management.
former warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 15, 2018
Working at Casa had its up and down days. There was always work to do which made it a full time 40 hr per week job which is hard to find nowadays. My manager was one of the main reasons I stayed with the company for so long. You could tell he actually cared about employees and wanted them to do well inside and outside of work. He knew my family by name and my culture and work ethic yet still made it clear he was management. Some of the bad is definitely the pay. No one got raises for a long time and no one had good attitudes about advancing or wanting to do more for he company. I enjoyed working at Casa and would still be there today if I was paid more to support my family.
Pros
management, steady work
Cons
pay
Relatively easy job but has some negatives
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 6, 2018
For the most part the job is easy and not too stressful. Hardest part is probably time management and when multiple trucks come in as well as trailers filled to the brim with product. In my experience and this could be completely different for others is the manager. For the most part he just lets you do your job but if he gets in a bad mood or you don't agree on something he pulls the boss card and goes on a power trip. He won't listen to you and just shuts out whatever you are saying. Also seems to blame the day shift for everything. To me it created a work environment where everybody would not only do the least amount of work possible but also walk an eggshells and trying to avoid the manager as much as possible not wanting to catch him in a bad mood. For people who have a strong work ethic it is frustrating .
fast paced environment
Cash and Carry Associate (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 6, 2018
cash and carry associate with receiving experience, created sales invoices and oversaw meat and produce ares. learned how to prioritize needs of comp.
Productive horrible, warehouse horrible
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 20, 2017
Just plainhorrible place to work, owners never give a s*** about there employees, low low pay, trucks break down everyday, no leadership what so ever, good few people that actually do there jobs, but overall I would never recommend anyone getting a job with Casa Imports..
Pros
josh Chapman, transportation manager
Cons
Owners only care about there money, don’t give two craps about employees unless your sucking up to them
Had some good people working there
Helper (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I liked my position i had working there. I worked with good people and there was good workload. Home every night even on long runs. Management was fair for the most part.
Disorganized and questionable ethics
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 29, 2017
Outdated products, unreliable order fulfillment and questionable leadership. Too many cooks in the kitchen, Good product line when you could actually fulfill orders
Cons
Sales meetings, Management
Family owned and operated.
Warehouse Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Great place to work. Owners and co workers are great to work with. Working at Casa has given me a chance to grow in the work field and as a person. The company is involved in a lot of local organizations to give back to the community.
Plenty of work
Janitorial Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at work used to be productive and hard work. Ive learned how to identify products by production numbers. My Co workers were less helpful Which was the hardest part along with Standing in the same spot for hours. I'd rather be able to move around and feel like i'm being productive. The easiest part was packaging products to be shipped out.
Pros
benefits and unions
Cons
messy, not organized
Unorganized and shady
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Very unorganized company with "shady" practices at times. They don't treat their employees very well.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
Too many.
Great work environment, a great range of team workers!
Customer Service and Inside Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the customers get the best product avavilable!
Pros
Many coworkers here are true team workers!
Cons
bad economy making this industry hard to work in
great product
Merchandiser/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 22, 2013
to load shelves with product and keep area clean.the different types of product company had to offer.nice people.waiting for truck to arrive at the stores, talking with customers