Cascade Die Casting Group Inc Employee Reviews

Very good place to work but only 40 hours a week
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 25, 2019
Lack of overtime but very easy job but if you need more money you would have to get a second job..... I liked it a lot though but I had to leave due to living problems at the time
Pros
Lightweight work and barely got dirty
Cons
Very short breaks
Slave labor with low pay and lies
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 15, 2019
Since day one this company has been misleading. You will be told one thing, promised another, but in the end the reality is much less than expected. The work is very hard, laborious, and monotonous. The company production expectations aren't even possible with the machinery running at 100%! There is a reason this company has such a high turn over rate with its employees. They will work you to death for pennies on the dollar! This company is all about profits and cares less about the people who actually keep it in business. Trust me, STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS! THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME! (And one 30min break for a hard 8hr shift?!)
Pros
Cons
Just about everything you can imagine
No communication between managers.
CNC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 11, 2018
I was hired from out of state to be a supervisor in the machining department. I was hired by the owner but my direct supervisor and hr didn't want me. After two weeks of doing qa checks I was let go. I tired to reach the owner but he was always unavailable. I was given two weeks severance. I tried to communicate that the machinist needed more training. I was told that if they received more training they would want more pay. Do not work here.
Pros
Cons
The entire environment.
Family oriented type work space
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIOctober 25, 2018
Very laid back, with fun people to work with. But will fire hard working committed workers for being late. Pay wasn't that great, Other than that. Great supperviser.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Hard to have a social life after work.
Cascage Die Casting
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed working at cascade but the building I was in had no heat or ac and it was very very hot someday. I learned how to operate a different CNC machine, the people was very friendly. Management did have cookouts for the workers we were feed hot dogs and hambugers. The hardest part of the job was when is was 85 degree
out side it was 100 degree inside most important was learning new things
Pros
work day 4 days a week Monday - Thursday 10 hr
Cons
short breaks
Nice and clean work environment co workers are like family
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 10, 2018
Be willing to work at fast past and work your best to satisfy company as long as you do your job and good attitude and come to work on time you will then receive good raises
Stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 31, 2018
it wasn't a pleasant place to work, the management was poor. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, bc I wouldn't want to put this strain on anyone.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Poor pay
good job
Trim Press Operator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 28, 2018
good job hot in the summer cold in the winter but it pays good they give you a lot of respect good pay out more then most jobs with bonus and gift cards
Employee
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2018
This culture is toxic. Great coworkers but management is out of touch and out of date. Treats line level employees poorly. Loved coworkers, but management was treated elite and didnt have time for us.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Culture and lack of new ideas
Die Cast Operator (Current Employee) –  Sparta, MIMarch 27, 2018
Overall good place to work. Starting pay is average but good raises if you show up and work hard. Management is friendly and willing to help if needed. It’s hot during the summer tho. 10 hour shifts and sometimes overtime but you still get weekends off.
Pros
Good raises and work life balance
Cons
Hot during the summer
it was ok
Finishing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 28, 2018
but wasn't treated fare, I was hurt on the job and ended up losing my job. I was out of work for two years and. I didn't even hear back from them ever
rather horrible
Opperator (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MIOctober 29, 2017
Almost everyone is a drug user or a brown noser (or both). As soon as the office leaves, safety, rules, and any sense of productivity leaves with them. The management are for the most part, sexist, rude, and lazy. All and all, a rather horrible few days of work. Glad I found something else quick.
Pros
10 hour days with 2+hours of breaks, decent starting pay
Cons
hot, boring work, no music, Hot
Workers are nice
Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 22, 2017
Management tried dehumanizing me and insulted me as I was fired for doing what I was told. I tried leaving in a good light but plant mg wanted something to prove not nice.
Pros
Cons
Dirty hot and disrespectful bosses
circus environment with corruption within the management
Operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 10, 2017
terrible management that treats their employees terrible. They are never satisified with the work you perform. The roof leaks when its raining and ventilation fans are broken. Look elsewhere there are better places.
Pros
hours
Cons
dirty, rude, unprofessional, greedy
Easy work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MISeptember 5, 2017
Management sucks. No advancement unless you're a brown noser. Summers are hot. Need a coat in the winter. Nobody cares about doing their job correctly as long as there is numbers.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Hot
Find something else if you can
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 30, 2017
We had an HR person that mostly hired relatives. People seemed to be in positions that they weren't qualified for. Many employees did not speak English.
Pros
Fridays were really laid back
Cons
Pay, language barriers
Not family oriented
Worker (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 13, 2017
Terrible place to work at at least the one in High Point, NC is. That point system is the worse. VP of human resource and HR manager is terrible. HR Manager does not know how to handle conflict. She is uneducated. The company is not professional at all. Management walks thru cursing and the plant manager curse at employees. You either going to freeze of die of heat exhaustion there. In the summer it is terribly hot.
Good luck in your job search but it wouldn't be there. It has a slave mentality.
Pros
Bonus once a year, paycheck weekly
Cons
Everything other than getting a check
productive
Leadman/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MIApril 4, 2017
Workdays are 10 hours, sometimes work Saturday. I have learned many different new things with this company. Management is good people. Treat their employees well.
Nice
Office and Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 6, 2016
I really enjoyed my tenure in this position. People were really nice. Room for advancement.Was encouraged to learn and go to workshops.
productive
lead man/supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sparta, WIMay 16, 2016
This is a great company to work for they treat their employees well. They give you annual raises. The hardest part of the job is the heat in the summer time.