Cascade Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Other than Desirable
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 21, 2019
This company wastes money like Democrats. The regional management and HR are so out of touch they will fire you for reporting major internal management issues at the local sites. The top heavy corporate operators are all in portland and are oblivious or dont care whats going on in southern Oregon. It is no wonder they are losing so many portfolios.
Poor leadership
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 29, 2019
Only way to get recognized in this company is to work in the corporate office. Leadership non existent in the portfolio manager, they are not willing to spend additional money regardless the situation.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor management
Don’t waste your time for this company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 26, 2019
management douse nothing but talk bad about you, no matter how hard you work they will give you an excuse ever time you bring you your raise about the numbers not looking good enough and will only pay garage wages for no matter your experience.
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
Great people; Caring and positive environment for success!
Regional Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 21, 2019
Cascade Management, Inc. is a a great place to work! The environment is positive, caring and welcoming.

Upper management is truly interested about their teams and residents well being.

Additionally, they are working hard to provide a working environment that promotes learning, promotion and growth opportunities.

I am so happy I chose to join the Cascade Management, Inc. team and look forward to many years with this organization.
Pros
Collaborative and Supportive Environment
Cons
Resource Management
Nepotism is king.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 7, 2019
CEO favored employees and formed relationships with a select few.
Toxic nepitistic environment driven by fear of retaliation.
Employees are treated with a lack of respect.
kicked out
On Site Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 29, 2019
They let me go for a no cause. They disputed my unemployment for 3 months and evicted me and my family out of the managers apartment. We had no income and no place to go. Me and my children almost ended up in a shelter and homeless. I could not find an apartment due to no income. This company doesn't care about their employees or putting them and their families out on the streets. They wanted to give me 2 day to vacate the property...? That's just crazy and wrong!!

This was coming from Catholic Charities and Cascade Management, which both are low income and "help low income families". They are all about getting money and not for the employees or the residents. They cut corners and treat the low income families like they don't matter and do not follow correct procedures.
Pros
free apartment
Cons
do not treat employees well
Flexible
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 26, 2019
Cascade Management has been a good fit for my busy life. As an active member of my community I appreciate the work schedule that allows me to participate in local activities.
Great Company to Advance in your Career
Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonMarch 12, 2019
I really enjoy my postion here at Cascade I have lots of support from my PM and our Corporate office staff, I have learned all types of funding programs and the hardest part of my job is not having enough afforable housing for our communties
Pros
Great support and postive work enviroment
Cons
Traveling I am not much of a traveler but I love the training
***WARNING - Do NOT Work For This Company***
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 2, 2019
This company is the absolute WORST by far in the history of property management. The biggest mistake in your life, of your life has not occurred if you haven’t worked here. This is the most unorganized, racist, discriminating, unprofessional, unqualified, poorly run organization. This is a revolving door. Qualified staff refuses to stay. It’s chaos. The leaders of the company are not qualified to run a neighborhood bake sell, let alone a company. You’ve been warned.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional, unqualified, no knowledge, no training, friends, cliques
Top officers unaware of mid/top management failings.
Roving Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 4, 2019
This company needs to train it's people more and offer opportunities to continue education. They are also blind to mid/high management's (PM's and SRPM's) failing. They fail to retain good employees due to low wages and poor training. They play the blame game and it rolls downhill when they are required to own responsibility. Nepotism is rampant and abused by PM's, RPM's, and SRPM's in the company. Trust of their employees can be expressed in the feelings of betrayal and terror when a manager of PM or higher level comes to visit a property. All employees know immediately that someone is getting fired if a PM or RPM or SRPM comes to the property. This employee relationship is ignored by top executives. I hope one day they can see it and stop it.
Large amount of management turnover
Property Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 28, 2018
From top to bottom Cascade Management has been more focused on growth than maintaining staff stability. They have burned-out many in management due to being understaffed while acquiring a large number of new properties.
Pros
Large company based in the PNW.
Cons
Cascade specializes in low-income housing & there was not enough retention of employees
New Management Poor Decisions
Interim Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Peter PaulsonSeptember 25, 2018
New management was allowed to come in and under 30 days wipe out what took a year to accomplish in a neighborhood with a very bad stigma. I miss my job and my residents, but not at the expense of my family or my own well being.
No promised managerial guidance or help. Totally ignored unless it was her agenda. Terrible communication. And very much an attitude of entitlement.
Not so much
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2018
This corporate atmosphere at cascade was toxic. It felt so uncomfortable going into the corporate office. The management didn't seem to care about much.
Favorite environment
Administrative Support Rep/ Desk Monitor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2018
Enjoyed working with the residents and staff at both locations. It was a great environment for the residents to receive additional resources to help them in their journey to self-sufficiency
Job security
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 10, 2018
I have learned a lot when I got this jobs in term of professional property management. Maintenance jobs here is not hard for me. Working environment is wonderful, and comfortable. The company has a good website that you can earn your work hours by yourself online. You can make your own decision with the budget under $300. I like to work at this company, but the job is unsecured because it depends on the contract term between the owner and the company. I just have gotten the job one month ago, but I have to looking for another job because the company notices that the owner will stop the contract with Cascade within two more months.
Not enough pay or support for the work
Community Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 28, 2018
Management here does not offer support for the amount of work that is expected and almost no training was given either. This would be ok if the pay was decent but it is very low and doesn't even include an apartment. Their are many other property management companies who give either better pay, support, or perks.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
little support and pay
good company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Athena, ORApril 2, 2018
Cascade Management Company is a good company to work for. They have fair pay, trainings available, they promote team work. My supervisors have been very good.
Pros
good pay
Cons
expensive medical
Very nice & clean environment in the dinning room.
server , entertainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 6, 2018
It`s our first time to work as a server , but we did learn a lot of skills on how to do it properly as a server , we have a free lunch snacks & dinner , eat all you can , & drink all you can ,(note) No Alcoholic drinks . We did enjoy performing live entertainment with the residence at this Hazelwood Retirement Home under Cascade Management.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks, dinner & all drinks
Cons
we have 15 minutes snacks break
Great company
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  King County, WAFebruary 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Cascade, the corporate team is amazing!! Very caring and helpful. Great benefits. Annual company meetings are enjoyable and I learned a lot.
wonderful company
Apartment Manager (Current Employee) –  Tillamook, ORFebruary 5, 2018
The regional mangers, compliance, and corporate in general stay in contact with you. If you have a question or concern, they are answered in a timely fashion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cascade Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Cascade Management, Inc. Reviews by Location