Cascade Management, Inc. Employee Reviews in Portland, OR

Great people; Caring and positive environment for success!
Regional Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 21, 2019
Cascade Management, Inc. is a a great place to work! The environment is positive, caring and welcoming.

Upper management is truly interested about their teams and residents well being.

Additionally, they are working hard to provide a working environment that promotes learning, promotion and growth opportunities.

I am so happy I chose to join the Cascade Management, Inc. team and look forward to many years with this organization.
Pros
Collaborative and Supportive Environment
Cons
Resource Management
Nepotism is king.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 7, 2019
CEO favored employees and formed relationships with a select few.
Toxic nepitistic environment driven by fear of retaliation.
Employees are treated with a lack of respect.
kicked out
On Site Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 29, 2019
They let me go for a no cause. They disputed my unemployment for 3 months and evicted me and my family out of the managers apartment. We had no income and no place to go. Me and my children almost ended up in a shelter and homeless. I could not find an apartment due to no income. This company doesn't care about their employees or putting them and their families out on the streets. They wanted to give me 2 day to vacate the property...? That's just crazy and wrong!!

This was coming from Catholic Charities and Cascade Management, which both are low income and "help low income families". They are all about getting money and not for the employees or the residents. They cut corners and treat the low income families like they don't matter and do not follow correct procedures.
Pros
free apartment
Cons
do not treat employees well
***WARNING - Do NOT Work For This Company***
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 2, 2019
This company is the absolute WORST by far in the history of property management. The biggest mistake in your life, of your life has not occurred if you haven’t worked here. This is the most unorganized, racist, discriminating, unprofessional, unqualified, poorly run organization. This is a revolving door. Qualified staff refuses to stay. It’s chaos. The leaders of the company are not qualified to run a neighborhood bake sell, let alone a company. You’ve been warned.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional, unqualified, no knowledge, no training, friends, cliques
Large amount of management turnover
Property Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 28, 2018
From top to bottom Cascade Management has been more focused on growth than maintaining staff stability. They have burned-out many in management due to being understaffed while acquiring a large number of new properties.
Pros
Large company based in the PNW.
Cons
Cascade specializes in low-income housing & there was not enough retention of employees
Not so much
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2018
This corporate atmosphere at cascade was toxic. It felt so uncomfortable going into the corporate office. The management didn't seem to care about much.
Favorite environment
Administrative Support Rep/ Desk Monitor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2018
Enjoyed working with the residents and staff at both locations. It was a great environment for the residents to receive additional resources to help them in their journey to self-sufficiency
Not enough pay or support for the work
Community Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 28, 2018
Management here does not offer support for the amount of work that is expected and almost no training was given either. This would be ok if the pay was decent but it is very low and doesn't even include an apartment. Their are many other property management companies who give either better pay, support, or perks.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
little support and pay
Very nice & clean environment in the dinning room.
server , entertainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 6, 2018
It`s our first time to work as a server , but we did learn a lot of skills on how to do it properly as a server , we have a free lunch snacks & dinner , eat all you can , & drink all you can ,(note) No Alcoholic drinks . We did enjoy performing live entertainment with the residence at this Hazelwood Retirement Home under Cascade Management.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks, dinner & all drinks
Cons
we have 15 minutes snacks break
management constantly missing on action
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2018
There is huge favoritism in this company. Corporate does not maintain neutrality when an employee has an issue. Hopefully someone else has a better experience.
Great Leadership
REGIONAL MAINTENANCE AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonDecember 14, 2017
My job entails traveling to a site, evaluating the building systems, maintenance staff, and writing reports. This is a very autonomous position and you have to be a self starter to accomplish what is assigned. I've learned how to write reports without emotion, just the facts. I've had great direction in this endeavor. My superiors are reachable, and show concern for your well being. They are awesome mentors. I've learned a great deal about buildings and building systems. We've taken some very challenged properties and because of the mentoring of technicians, ongoing education, and reports written, have seen them improve substantially. I've been a part of seeing great improvements in maintenance personnel through mentoring and teaching. I love the autonomy and the ability to self schedule. The toughest part is knowing there are needs that cannot be fulfilled due to financial constraints.
Pros
I love to travel.
Cons
Time away from home.
Nice people / High turn over
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 12, 2017
Nice staff to work with, but a high turn over with position in such a short of amount of time did not create a stable environment and confidence in a future career.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
High position turn over
No support from corporate
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 21, 2017
Worked so hard for this company for nine years and never had a real vacation. Had to find coverage but could never gat them to answer emergency calls when i was out of town
Pros
Full time
Cons
No connection from field personnel and corporate
Very Busy Unsafe Workplace
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 27, 2017
This was the worse job I've ever experienced. My life was in danger every single day working in the area that this building is in. Thank god I had a wonderful, protecting manager who was willing to put his life on the line on multiple times. This is no place for anyone to live, especially kids. It sickens me that people live there and face the terrible things that happen in this building on a daily basis.
Love the Company - Concerned about turn over
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 5, 2017
I came to Cascade because they have a wonderful reputation in OR. They have recently took on a large number of properties and are having some problems leveling up with the transitions. Key staff have resigned over the last few months due to to much work being on them which increases stress. I do believe it will level out but not sure how long it will take and honestly may affect their ability to grow in the future specifically to WA State.
Right now I personally feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and the hours I am working are not a healthy work/life balance.
Pros
Great Corp Staff - Friendly Office
Cons
Turn Over - Over worked - Lack of Communication
Growing pains/ Lost vision
em (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2017
The CEO has lost touch with his employees. Very driven with good intent but lost his way. No longer focused on morale. Needs to listen to his people.
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 27, 2016
It is a great company over all. However, Cascade has properties in outlying areas that should have a local corporate office to oversee properties in the area and offer a liaison to talk to if there is any kind of difficulty. Shelton and Bremerton are 150+ miles from the main office. Getting any type of immediate assistance is impossible as the upper management (Portfolio Manager) has at least a three hour drive one way and by the time they get to the property, the issue has boiled over or everyone has gone home for the day. Not exactly a great feeling.
Pros
The company as a whole is great.
Cons
The distance between you and the rest of the company.
Amazing
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 3, 2016
Amazing loved working for them they will surly be missed I worked with them over 10 years , learned property / affordable housing management from them
A busy place to work.
Assistant Property Manager, 3/2013 to Present (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 30, 2013
As Assistant Property Manager, your typical day can be anything from accepting and depositing rents, to conducting patio inspections and writing violations.

Everyday is a chance to learn something new.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping tenants who live in one of our 3 complexes.
Pros
There is always something to work on.
Cons
Not enough time to get everything done.