Cascade Management, Inc. Employee Reviews for Community Manager

Flexible
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 26, 2019
Cascade Management has been a good fit for my busy life. As an active member of my community I appreciate the work schedule that allows me to participate in local activities.
Not so much
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2018
This corporate atmosphere at cascade was toxic. It felt so uncomfortable going into the corporate office. The management didn't seem to care about much.
Not enough pay or support for the work
Community Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 28, 2018
Management here does not offer support for the amount of work that is expected and almost no training was given either. This would be ok if the pay was decent but it is very low and doesn't even include an apartment. Their are many other property management companies who give either better pay, support, or perks.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
little support and pay
good company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Athena, ORApril 2, 2018
Cascade Management Company is a good company to work for. They have fair pay, trainings available, they promote team work. My supervisors have been very good.
Pros
good pay
Cons
expensive medical
Great company
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  King County, WAFebruary 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Cascade, the corporate team is amazing!! Very caring and helpful. Great benefits. Annual company meetings are enjoyable and I learned a lot.
Great company to be with.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, ORJanuary 16, 2018
Its a big company with a small company feel. You can really feel heard here if something ain't right. the most stressful part is all the normal moving cogs of property management.
Pros
Free Rent, Ability to move to a city you want and keep job if available
Cons
Health insurance has high copays, long travel for trainings
Good support team
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for Cascade. There could be some change at corporate but other than that overall it's a good place to work. The property I had was going through a rehab, so it was more of a challenge then most properties. I had help for difficult situations that came along and support from compliance was amazing.
Pros
Good support team
Cons
Spur of the moment changes
Worse experience in the 18 yrs of property management ever worked for
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern OregonNovember 16, 2017
They don't provide a comfortable work place. Nor do they provide the proper training, funds or teamwork to do the duties required and needed to provide the accuracy to complete the forms required to keep tenants files and rental fees to charge due to tenants changes for the families as they happen up to date.
Pros
Location, paid worthless trip for 2 nights at a nice hotel located in to Portland.
Cons
let the tenants run the complex, let good community management go, the community managers are invisible to corporate, lousy communication from corp
was happy for a time
Community manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 14, 2017
they wait until the last minute to let you know you no longer have a job through a property sale and then expect you to beg them for a job else where. Never mind you live on site and only have 2 weeks to find somewhere else to live
Pros
job experiance
Cons
no communication
Very Busy Unsafe Workplace
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 27, 2017
This was the worse job I've ever experienced. My life was in danger every single day working in the area that this building is in. Thank god I had a wonderful, protecting manager who was willing to put his life on the line on multiple times. This is no place for anyone to live, especially kids. It sickens me that people live there and face the terrible things that happen in this building on a daily basis.
Overall not a bad place to work
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, OROctober 17, 2016
Onsite Property Management. Walk across complex, open office. Do a mountain of paperwork. Answer emails, phones, and meet with walk ins. Do inspections, move in/out, evictions, tax credit paperwork. Be compliant and timely with paperwork and fair housing laws. Best thing about the job: independence, the unit provided was good, the training is quite good.
The hardest things about the job: corporate office not willing to do the work on complaints and support management when things are falsely reported. Corporate office will hold managers accountable when they fail to complete paperwork in a timely manor and will put the errors off on managers. The compliance office is understaffed and not held accountable. Other than that, it would have received four or five stars.
Pros
Trainings and Portfolio Managers are good
Cons
Compliance office understaffed and not held accountable