Cascade Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Loved this job
On-Site/Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 24, 2018
This is the profession I prefer and I miss it terribly. I would do this job again in a heartbeat. I loved everything about this kind of employment... It was my type of work.
Great company to be with.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, ORJanuary 16, 2018
Its a big company with a small company feel. You can really feel heard here if something ain't right. the most stressful part is all the normal moving cogs of property management.
Pros
Free Rent, Ability to move to a city you want and keep job if available
Cons
Health insurance has high copays, long travel for trainings
management constantly missing on action
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2018
There is huge favoritism in this company. Corporate does not maintain neutrality when an employee has an issue. Hopefully someone else has a better experience.
Great place to work as interim
Interim ED/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 7, 2018
Staff, are hard workers, and take care of the residents, Management is great support.
I would work there again, if asked as interim.
Great communication with families from staff, and families liked the community, and it was redone recently.
Fun Activities with Memory Care, and laughter.

Good place to work if you like fun and memory care residents.
Pros
close to home
Cons
could not use me, anymore
Good support team
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for Cascade. There could be some change at corporate but other than that overall it's a good place to work. The property I had was going through a rehab, so it was more of a challenge then most properties. I had help for difficult situations that came along and support from compliance was amazing.
Pros
Good support team
Cons
Spur of the moment changes
Great Leadership
REGIONAL MAINTENANCE AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonDecember 14, 2017
My job entails traveling to a site, evaluating the building systems, maintenance staff, and writing reports. This is a very autonomous position and you have to be a self starter to accomplish what is assigned. I've learned how to write reports without emotion, just the facts. I've had great direction in this endeavor. My superiors are reachable, and show concern for your well being. They are awesome mentors. I've learned a great deal about buildings and building systems. We've taken some very challenged properties and because of the mentoring of technicians, ongoing education, and reports written, have seen them improve substantially. I've been a part of seeing great improvements in maintenance personnel through mentoring and teaching. I love the autonomy and the ability to self schedule. The toughest part is knowing there are needs that cannot be fulfilled due to financial constraints.
Pros
I love to travel.
Cons
Time away from home.
Worse experience in the 18 yrs of property management ever worked for
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern OregonNovember 16, 2017
They don't provide a comfortable work place. Nor do they provide the proper training, funds or teamwork to do the duties required and needed to provide the accuracy to complete the forms required to keep tenants files and rental fees to charge due to tenants changes for the families as they happen up to date.
Pros
Location, paid worthless trip for 2 nights at a nice hotel located in to Portland.
Cons
let the tenants run the complex, let good community management go, the community managers are invisible to corporate, lousy communication from corp
Entry level job.
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 15, 2017
Entry level, no chance for pay growth. High turn over of employees. Company is growing in technology ads. Friendly neighbor place to shop, building is older need cleaned/updated.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low oay
was happy for a time
Community manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 14, 2017
they wait until the last minute to let you know you no longer have a job through a property sale and then expect you to beg them for a job else where. Never mind you live on site and only have 2 weeks to find somewhere else to live
Pros
job experiance
Cons
no communication
Nice people / High turn over
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 12, 2017
Nice staff to work with, but a high turn over with position in such a short of amount of time did not create a stable environment and confidence in a future career.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
High position turn over
No support from corporate
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 21, 2017
Worked so hard for this company for nine years and never had a real vacation. Had to find coverage but could never gat them to answer emergency calls when i was out of town
Pros
Full time
Cons
No connection from field personnel and corporate
Very Busy Unsafe Workplace
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 27, 2017
This was the worse job I've ever experienced. My life was in danger every single day working in the area that this building is in. Thank god I had a wonderful, protecting manager who was willing to put his life on the line on multiple times. This is no place for anyone to live, especially kids. It sickens me that people live there and face the terrible things that happen in this building on a daily basis.
its a ok place to work.
Maintenance Person (Current Employee) –  astoria,Or.July 3, 2017
I have a good time with the tenants and public at work.it is like working at shilo where I worked before. should have never left.The work is about the same.except, I work with low income people at the age of 60 up to 93 year olds and enjoy it very much and they enjoy the work I do for them.
Productive and friendly environment
Office Assistant- Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 27, 2017
My job as an office assistant had me doing many different things, making sure that everyday was different and giving me experience in different areas of work.
Pros
Good time management, organized, friendly work environment
Cons
Lots of travel by car
Love the Company - Concerned about turn over
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 5, 2017
I came to Cascade because they have a wonderful reputation in OR. They have recently took on a large number of properties and are having some problems leveling up with the transitions. Key staff have resigned over the last few months due to to much work being on them which increases stress. I do believe it will level out but not sure how long it will take and honestly may affect their ability to grow in the future specifically to WA State.
Right now I personally feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and the hours I am working are not a healthy work/life balance.
Pros
Great Corp Staff - Friendly Office
Cons
Turn Over - Over worked - Lack of Communication
Love this company!
Property manager (Current Employee) –  Scappoose, ORApril 21, 2017
Such a fun place to work!! Love my coworkers! Everyone is so kind and helpful! My pm is always ready to answer any question I may have and is extremely knowledgeable.
Pros
Awesome people!
Cons
Can't think of any
ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 17, 2017
I wasn't there long, seemed like an ok place to work. The pay wasn't much but the managers were great to work with. Lived on site, great apartments. decent job
Pros
Lived in the complex
Cons
small pay
Growing pains/ Lost vision
em (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2017
The CEO has lost touch with his employees. Very driven with good intent but lost his way. No longer focused on morale. Needs to listen to his people.
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 27, 2016
It is a great company over all. However, Cascade has properties in outlying areas that should have a local corporate office to oversee properties in the area and offer a liaison to talk to if there is any kind of difficulty. Shelton and Bremerton are 150+ miles from the main office. Getting any type of immediate assistance is impossible as the upper management (Portfolio Manager) has at least a three hour drive one way and by the time they get to the property, the issue has boiled over or everyone has gone home for the day. Not exactly a great feeling.
Pros
The company as a whole is great.
Cons
The distance between you and the rest of the company.
Overall not a bad place to work
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, OROctober 17, 2016
Onsite Property Management. Walk across complex, open office. Do a mountain of paperwork. Answer emails, phones, and meet with walk ins. Do inspections, move in/out, evictions, tax credit paperwork. Be compliant and timely with paperwork and fair housing laws. Best thing about the job: independence, the unit provided was good, the training is quite good.
The hardest things about the job: corporate office not willing to do the work on complaints and support management when things are falsely reported. Corporate office will hold managers accountable when they fail to complete paperwork in a timely manor and will put the errors off on managers. The compliance office is understaffed and not held accountable. Other than that, it would have received four or five stars.
Pros
Trainings and Portfolio Managers are good
Cons
Compliance office understaffed and not held accountable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cascade Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Cascade Management, Inc. Reviews by Location