Cascade Manor Employee Reviews

Still here
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 23, 2018
Show up when scheduled and do your job. Been here many years and have not had an issue. It's still nursing. There will be hard days. But all in all one of the better places to work for long term and rehab. Staffing still tries to staff over state requirements and the community seems to care about one another.
Pros
Free lunch, affordable health insurance and matching retirement, on site gym and pool/hot tub
Cons
Corporate oversite, no union, little room for promotion.
Friendily people
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 9, 2017
I worked with elderly people and they were very kind. The staff was friendly. I learned great time management skills, The workplace is a fast paced and very mind controlling.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
on feet for 8 hours
hard work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 4, 2017
This was a great place to work, but you have to be okay with very little compensation. They were kind to us, and actually puposely over staffed so that we were always within safe ratios.
very frendly staff and a great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 11, 2017
I loved working here, it was a great place to work. Management was very professional and made it a point to focus on the relationship with everyone on staff.
Not what it seems
CNA (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 8, 2016
I read the employee review by a former employee posted on 1/4/2016 and second her/his opinions of Cascade Manor. There is no opportunity for advancement and the yearly wage increase is almost an insult. How far can an extra 2% take you? Management support is non-existent. It all boils down to money.

Big Perk: You get a free meal if you work day or evening shift -- they are often less than enticing leftovers. Sometimes the recycled food was from 2 days prior (or 3 days if shrimp) that originally sat under a warmer for how long?

The residents in long-term care already spent their wad. I saw a lunch order recently that featured a side of 5 sweet potato fries (a few little ones) which was counted as a "portion." Never mind the DNS who elbowed her way through the kitchen of servers to reach the soup cauldron.

I witnessed CNAs harassed by the DNS for clocking in a few minutes prior to their scheduled start time. Clocking in five minutes earlier would still not allow enough time to get organized and ready to hit the floor running at shift start..

The remodeled main lobby and dining area is nice, but that's where the facade ends.
Pros
Entitled residents
Cons
Required to log daily break times that never occur
Poor management
prn rn (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 16, 2016
I was hired as a PRN RN. I went through the training and was never called back, I was also not paid correctly for the time I did spend working. Untrustworthy DNS
Pros
Nice area of Eugene
Cons
Poor communication by staff
Nice facility for the wealthy
CNA I (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 25, 2013
This is a continuing care facility, but is private pay and does not accept insurance. It is a pacific retirement services (PRS) facility that the employees are in a constant feeling that they are completely expendable and replaceable. They did provide excellent care for their patients in the long-term care facility area of the establishment.
Pros
Pool and workout facility that was accessable for employees to use during certain hours of the day.
Cons
they do not care about their employees
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 16, 2013
A typical day at work was very busy with dishes and the co workers were a delight to work with
Pros
free food
Cons
extrem heat
Not all its cracked up to be.
aid (Former Employee) –  eugene, orJanuary 4, 2013
The bottom line is money. I don't think anyone has had more than a 2% raise ever. Management wants to work as little as possible, while still keeping up with OSHA and CARF standards. They charge the residents for every petty little thing, a roll of toilet paper cost $5 for residents. Recently a CNA was fired because she was pregnant. The DNS asked her to directly to perform some heavy lifting knowing she was pregnant, when she asked co-workers for help the DNS called her into her office and told her that if she couldn't perform her job than she couldn't work here. There is also very little advancement especially for lower level employees. This nursing home has chain of hatred were the DNS is mean to the Nurses who are then grouchy and mean to the CNA's, sort of thing that happens at other nursing homes. You also have to clock out for your lunch break, and you rarely get your 15 min breaks.
Pros
wealthy residents
Cons
no advancement and high turnover.
Enjoyed the extra perks such as a personal trainer and pool.
LPN charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 30, 2012
I enjoyed the staff I worked with as well as the residents. The facility was always kept clean and professional.
Pros
beautiful environment
fun work place with use of pool
showeraide,cna (Former Employee) –  Eugene OregonNovember 25, 2011
great place to work, enjoyable. they always beat the state manotory to cna to resident,, will not be able to beat that anywhere..meaning you always had time to do great care..
Pros
free meals wit your shift, use of pool, weight room and such..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cascade Manor. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about