Cascades Employee Reviews

housekeeping the was the worst and management did nothing to improve
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 26, 2018
housekeeping the was the worst and management did nothing to improve instead of improving they unlawfully fired me... i clean the wall the bathroom the hallways the carpets. i did everything they ever ask..
Members great Management isn't
Home Health Aide / Companion (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 4, 2018
A day at work for Cascades was great when it came to being with the clients and doing what needed to be done for them and knowing they were happy with you. Even members there say that management is not for them. Just because they are a for-profit organization, they could listen to the members more. The caregivers get paid the least there over all the other positions and some of us even do more or about the same as other CNAs there. There is a high turn over there for CNAs, housekeepers, and caregivers. If you don't cater to the bosses and your coworkers tell on you look out your in trouble whether you did it or not. The manager for the caregivers need to listen for to the clients on who they want working with them and stop send so many different ones where the client is training so many of them.
Overall the company is alright where it comes to PTO time and continuous training. The most enjoyable part is the members.
Pros
PTO time and training, Residents that live there
Cons
management, the pay, the insurance
Terrible place to work
Utility (Pool) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 30, 2018
Awful place. The environment is terrible. The one manager singles out new people out and rides them till they quit or they fire you. They barely train you and get angry with you when you dont know how to do a task. They work you like a dog 12hr days 5 days a week then force you to work weekends so there's no work/life balance. I dont know how they get by osha because they talk safety and then force you to to unsafe things. All and all I feel you will regret getting a job there, it's ok money but it's not worth it.
Cons
No work life balance and extremely poor management
Poor Management Poor atmosphere HR is a liar
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTNovember 3, 2018
This job is a horrible place to work. The atmosphere is toxic. The HR is a liar and is not up front with you about the job. Management does not care about you. They overwork you and run you into the ground. There is absolutely NO work/life balance AT ALL. You will work 10 to 12 hours a day 6 days a week. No weekends off No advanced scheduling so you cannot plan things in advance. The union is a joke. They dont care about you. If someone has an agenda against you they will make your life miserable. If there is bad weather they will not let you leave. They dont care about your safety concerns with the weather. I would not waste my time working here unless you have no life and want to be run into the ground. Also your job is not secure when they hire you. You have to make it past the 90 day probation period before your job is secure so it adds more stress and pressure on you. There are better jobs then this sham of a place. They need to fire HR and all management. And vacation time forget it. It goes by seniority you will NOT get a choice for when you want to take time off.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No Work/life balance, toxic environment, overworked, poor management, dishonest HR. I could go on...
Distributor Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 1, 2018
Great place to work. Good work life balance, but compensation needs improvement. Working with distributors can be overwhelming when products are on back order or a short truck occurs, but overall its a good working relationship.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
compensation
Cascades closed the plant in Maspeth Queens and opened a new one in Piscataway NJ. That's the only reason I left.
Accounts Receivable Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maspeth QueensOctober 5, 2018
I was a temp at this company but my manager treated me like a full time employed. The manager gave me a weeks paid vacation when he didn't have to and he also paid all the holidays.
Company does not care like they say they do
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway New JerseyAugust 24, 2018
I was there 1 day and was not even trained 1 on 1. They told me to watch and then told me okay now yo do it. My 2nd day i had what they called a near miss i was hit by a piece of the machine because i was not trained on it so i didnt know how to use it. It was a very small thing i didnt complain i didnt go home i didnt report it but supervisor did and i was fired for it. Do not fall for the lies that HR tells you about it being different because the company has a different culture due to it being from canada. The piscataway nj site is garbage and liars.
Pros
Cons
Liars
Great place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJuly 22, 2018
Cascades was over all a great place I would have liked a better pay per hour but other than that it was an amazing experience friendly people great hours
Great place for a career and advancement.
Service Person (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 16, 2018
Great company to work for, you must be willing to put in the work and strive for excellence very fruitful career along with great benefits. Unfortunately I had to leave due to home issues but it was a great opportunity that I learned a lot from, if you're looking for a career in the manufacturing industry or paper industry this is a great place to begin and stay tons of room for advancement.
Pros
Free lunches, Pay, Overtime, Profit Sharing Bonuses.
Cons
Training no real struture for training management was well over worked.
Comprehensive Pay (Do it only for the check)
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 16, 2018
If your going to work here its going to be because of the check. Maintenance gets plenty of hours. Everybody is under the gun...especially Managers. 2nd and 3rd shift maintenance mechanics
tend to be less experienced. This job is not for a rookie just starting out in maintenance. Its by seniority so new hires wont be 1st shift. Keep to yourself, trust no one (especially the management), let your work speak for you. You'll be able to clear over $1000.00 a week after taxes (with overtime). They always have opportunities fot OT, alot of the time OT being mandatory.
Pros
Plenty of work, pay.
Cons
Your a figuratively and literally on your own.
Napkin dispensing company
Packer/ Pulling (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TNMay 16, 2018
Productive and busy company. Machine operating and quota reaching job daily. Shipping and receiving materials for the company. Large corporation but personal environment.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good Pay, Management has little compassion
Maintenence (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 7, 2018
Got the flu and touch of pneumonia during my probationary period. Had medical documentation and was terminated by phone by the general manager. Refused to give me an opportunity to come back to work and allow me to show my value to the company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work you like animal
Poor
Utility (Former Employee) –  Wagram, NCMarch 20, 2018
Poor management. Poor human recources. Poor training. Overall not a good company to work for. Human recources manager makes rules up as she goes along.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
No leadership.
Overworked
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTFebruary 28, 2018
Cascades is a super good environment, however, they tend to overwork their employees, and they then say that it is our fault for having so much overtime. Management sucks, but the CNA's and Nurses are amazing.
great
Internal Consultant Controller (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJanuary 13, 2018
Great place to work. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Company had wonderful values system. Company had an open door policy treating employees with respect.
very stressful.. poor management
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 8, 2018
They didn't take the time to teach u properly.. on call wouldn't answer if u need them or would yell at u for bothering them. not very caring for the residents.
Worst Management I've ever worked for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 5, 2018
If you have no ambition and like to tell Management what they want to hear, this may be the place for you. Awful Management at all levels in Eau Claire. Lazy people in production and Maintenance. But don't get too comfortable, they will make an example of nearly anyone except a few union traitors. I don't plan to stay long.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everthng else
This company
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 24, 2017
There is a glass ceiling. The color of your skin matter to be accpeted. The management is a joke and supports the color lines within every area of work.
It was a shame to be around these racist individual. As well see it support by the management structure.
Pros
Cons
Racist old men and management who support those ideas
Excellent Customer Service
CEO (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 15, 2017
Great work ethic and culture providing excellent customer service to clients.
Loved developing marketing plans, designing ads and providing leadership to staff.
Plant Relief (Former Employee) –  Mechanicville, NYDecember 2, 2017
I think cascades was a good place to work when in came to management but when it came to the employees that was another thing. When I work at cascades a lot of the employees if not all of them were extremely racist. Out of my manager my supervisor at the time was the only one at the time that I heard say a racist comment.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
racisim by employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cascades. Our community is ready to answer.