Cascades Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJuly 22, 2018
Cascades was over all a great place I would have liked a better pay per hour but other than that it was an amazing experience friendly people great hours
Great place for a career and advancement.
Service Person (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 16, 2018
Great company to work for, you must be willing to put in the work and strive for excellence very fruitful career along with great benefits. Unfortunately I had to leave due to home issues but it was a great opportunity that I learned a lot from, if you're looking for a career in the manufacturing industry or paper industry this is a great place to begin and stay tons of room for advancement.
Pros
Free lunches, Pay, Overtime, Profit Sharing Bonuses.
Cons
Training no real struture for training management was well over worked.
Comprehensive Pay (Do it only for the check)
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 16, 2018
If your going to work here its going to be because of the check. Maintenance gets plenty of hours. Everybody is under the gun...especially Managers. 2nd and 3rd shift maintenance mechanics
tend to be less experienced. This job is not for a rookie just starting out in maintenance. Its by seniority so new hires wont be 1st shift. Keep to yourself, trust no one (especially the management), let your work speak for you. You'll be able to clear over $1000.00 a week after taxes (with overtime). They always have opportunities fot OT, alot of the time OT being mandatory.
Pros
Plenty of work, pay.
Cons
Your a figuratively and literally on your own.
Good Pay, Management has little compassion
Maintenence (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 7, 2018
Got the flu and touch of pneumonia during my probationary period. Had medical documentation and was terminated by phone by the general manager. Refused to give me an opportunity to come back to work and allow me to show my value to the company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work you like animal
Poor
Utility (Former Employee) –  Wagram, NCMarch 20, 2018
Poor management. Poor human recources. Poor training. Overall not a good company to work for. Human recources manager makes rules up as she goes along.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
No leadership.
Overworked
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTFebruary 28, 2018
Cascades is a super good environment, however, they tend to overwork their employees, and they then say that it is our fault for having so much overtime. Management sucks, but the CNA's and Nurses are amazing.
Not worth the drama
Employee (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 25, 2018
The pay is good but it is not worth the drama and headache. It is fast paced and hard work but there are too many moles and snitches in the place and poor management. If someone has an agenda against you they will get rid of you in an instant. I would not suggest this job to a homeless person. It needs better management and employees need to respect each other and not be little snitches.
Pros
Good pay. Paid time off.
Cons
Poor management. Too many snitches. Not worth the drama
great
Internal Consultant Controller (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJanuary 13, 2018
Great place to work. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Company had wonderful values system. Company had an open door policy treating employees with respect.
very stressful.. poor management
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 8, 2018
They didn't take the time to teach u properly.. on call wouldn't answer if u need them or would yell at u for bothering them. not very caring for the residents.
Worst Management I've ever worked for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 5, 2018
If you have no ambition and like to tell Management what they want to hear, this may be the place for you. Awful Management at all levels in Eau Claire. Lazy people in production and Maintenance. But don't get too comfortable, they will make an example of nearly anyone except a few union traitors. I don't plan to stay long.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everthng else
This company
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 24, 2017
There is a glass ceiling. The color of your skin matter to be accpeted. The management is a joke and supports the color lines within every area of work.
It was a shame to be around these racist individual. As well see it support by the management structure.
Pros
Cons
Racist old men and management who support those ideas
Excellent Customer Service
CEO (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 15, 2017
Great work ethic and culture providing excellent customer service to clients.
Loved developing marketing plans, designing ads and providing leadership to staff.
Plant Relief (Former Employee) –  Mechanicville, NYDecember 2, 2017
I think cascades was a good place to work when in came to management but when it came to the employees that was another thing. When I work at cascades a lot of the employees if not all of them were extremely racist. Out of my manager my supervisor at the time was the only one at the time that I heard say a racist comment.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
racisim by employees
fast pace, low pay
Car Washer/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXNovember 24, 2017
Pretty easy job. Spray cars and make membership sales was really all there was to do. The hardest part of the job Was the lack ion workers but the easiest part was the relaxed environment.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
no workers
Satisfying work.
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Waterford, NYNovember 3, 2017
The work assignments are fine.No task is hard, it's supervisors and management that are hard to deal with. They are tremendously ignorant and have no clue on how to speak to people they Supervise.
Pros
Great co-workers, good team work.
Cons
Extremely ignorant management team.
It was slow paced and relaxed
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCOctober 19, 2017
I worked day and night shift for this plant. we work 4 days on 3 days off then 3 days on 4 days off. I love the scheduling but I didn't really care for the switching of day and night shift it threw off my sleep pattern
Good company with bad managers
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2017
Cascades is a great company corporate wise but the Memphis mill is poorly ran by racist managers and an unqualified human resource manager. I wouldn't suggest this employer to a homeless person.
great benefits
General Helper (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTMarch 13, 2017
the work is worth the money, but the management and drama isn't. Managers yell at new workers and general helpers a lot.
The best part of the job is getting weekends off, PTO days and vacation time. Also you get great health insurance.
Pros
benefits, pay, vacation
Cons
management
Corrugated Company
Project Manager Training (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 12, 2017
We are a corrugated company with a safe place to work with a lot of benefits for you an your family. The money you could make is based on the hours you want to put into the companies busy schedule. If your not afraid to work, this could be the job for you.
Good place to work in
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 12, 2016
Good environment to work in met alot of people there. Helped in any area that assistance was needed. Enjoyed working there