Case Western Reserve University Employee Reviews

it sucks
Facility Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2018
very bais in a lot of areas it sucks for advancement it sucks for pa management sucks do not work here do not work here do not work her do not work here
Pros
students
Cons
everything else
this was the most miserable place you could work
marketing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 2, 2018
Lunatics in charge of the department, abuse, lies, favoritism, discrimination, no concern for students or faculty just research dollars, hectic, micromanaged
benefits
Cons
management
Communication Officer/Police Dispatcher
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 28, 2018
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT work here as a communication officer!!!!!!! Management is horrible and unfair! Unfair scheduling, unfair mandate policy, favoritism, and very TOXIC work environment. But if you can handle a toxic manager and work environment, with working 50hrs plus weekly then go ahead but in my opinion its not worth the stress!
benefits
Cons
toxic environment, horrible management
work place
Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Good environment. Decent pay, but should be paying researchers way more as compared to other prestigious institutions. Overall good experience to start.
Productive workplace
Ugandan Tuberculosis Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Worked within research at Case Western Reserve University. Grateful for global health experience and interesting research topics. Long days but research was always exciting.
Tutor
Peer Tutor, School of Dental Medicine (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 26, 2018
As a student tutor, you will get paid minimum wage and able to share your knowledge with your peer. If you consider to make extra money, find actual job than tutoring.
Productive and intensely enriching
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioAugust 23, 2018
It was a good place to work in collaboration. One can get very nice environment to enrich the scientific knowledge and apply own thoughts for developing new area of research work
Your experience depends upon the people you regualrly interact with
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 22, 2018
There is absolutely no work-life balance. Postdocs are treated at best as cheap labor. There are no effective career development workshops or opportunities.
I learned a lot from that experience
Graduate Assistant, Master of Accountancy (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2018
I learned a lot from that experience. The program manager was really patient. When I met something I was not sure, I can ask her immediately and receive the response.
Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2018
Great jo and place to learn the information you need to know for a job. Auditing different departments was lots of fun and interesting. We really liked sitting down and discussing the audit.
setting up your area
Bon Appetit (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2018
fast pace on your feet alot had to make sure the food was out their had lazy people working so you had to make sure your was on top of your job but i did like working with some of the people and the bosses was nice and the head chef was excellent so if they needed help they asked me if i wanted to help so i learn alot about their job and some cooking skills on how to make some things
Pros
the bosses was nice
Cons
i had to stand on my feet alot
Embrace the quirk in academia
Director (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2018
Case is a generally good place to work. The faculty are truly committed to their students and to advancing the reputation of the university. There is an entrepreneurial culture associated with the institution in part because each faculty member is expected to bring in grant opportunities to fund their interests. This makes it a dynamic place in which to work as fascinating new opportunities arise on a regular basis. The place is rife with creative people. However, there can be a lack of alignment of interests which leads to politicking and gross inefficiencies.
The work can be rewarding
IT - Telephone Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2018
Depending on what department you work in, life and work at CASE can be very enjoyable. There are many people that work here and a vast array of highly educated professionals which can cause an unwanted dynamic of ego pushing. The pace of completed projects can be slow.
Na
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2018
University offered several opportunities for growth among employees, showed appreciation for employees' efforts in several ways and really tries to boost morale
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2018
Includes on going representation of the school in leadership role. Fun guiding students using your own skills and overall provides very practical skills to be learned.
Productive and friendly environment
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44106May 31, 2018
This place is so cool. I miss working there. If we didn’t have to moved I would stay there. I love my manager when comes to asked us to take a break and play mini football then refresh and back to work. Great team.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Winter snow to drive in
Good university
Full time PhD student (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2018
Grad student now, no assistantship. A great place to work post graduation. Research is forward looking & relevant. A very good curriculum providing a broad offering of course work in a variety of areas.
Pros
Very good research opportunities.
Cons
Administrative functions need improvement.
A great collaboration
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2018
I was assigned only a temporary position at Case Western Research University to fill the position of Professor of Clinical Trials. I had great collaborators, great colleagues, very knowledgeable and personable. Also knowledgeable students.
Experience
Grants Administrator/Accountant (Current Employee) –  cleveland, ohMay 12, 2018
This organization is very dysfunctional, they duplicate job tasking and the leadership that I was subjected to we non-existant, unhelpful, instituted double standards, provided no training and procedure manuals were not written.
It was not a good environment to work in, very stressful and not worth the effort, commute or impact it was having on my health.
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2018
Top notch school and programs. Beautiful campus and is surrounded by nice museum and orchestra. Great teaching faculty and colleagues . Highly recommended.