Case Western Reserve University Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2018
Great jo and place to learn the information you need to know for a job. Auditing different departments was lots of fun and interesting. We really liked sitting down and discussing the audit.
setting up your area
Bon Appetit (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2018
fast pace on your feet alot had to make sure the food was out their had lazy people working so you had to make sure your was on top of your job but i did like working with some of the people and the bosses was nice and the head chef was excellent so if they needed help they asked me if i wanted to help so i learn alot about their job and some cooking skills on how to make some things
Pros
the bosses was nice
Cons
i had to stand on my feet alot
The work can be rewarding
IT - Telephone Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2018
Depending on what department you work in, life and work at CASE can be very enjoyable. There are many people that work here and a vast array of highly educated professionals which can cause an unwanted dynamic of ego pushing. The pace of completed projects can be slow.
Na
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2018
University offered several opportunities for growth among employees, showed appreciation for employees' efforts in several ways and really tries to boost morale
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2018
Includes on going representation of the school in leadership role. Fun guiding students using your own skills and overall provides very practical skills to be learned.
Productive and friendly environment
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44106May 31, 2018
This place is so cool. I miss working there. If we didn’t have to moved I would stay there. I love my manager when comes to asked us to take a break and play mini football then refresh and back to work. Great team.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Winter snow to drive in
Good university
Full time PhD student (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2018
Grad student now, no assistantship. A great place to work post graduation. Research is forward looking & relevant. A very good curriculum providing a broad offering of course work in a variety of areas.
Pros
Very good research opportunities.
Cons
Administrative functions need improvement.
A great collaboration
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2018
I was assigned only a temporary position at Case Western Research University to fill the position of Professor of Clinical Trials. I had great collaborators, great colleagues, very knowledgeable and personable. Also knowledgeable students.
Experience
Grants Administrator/Accountant (Current Employee) –  cleveland, ohMay 12, 2018
This organization is very dysfunctional, they duplicate job tasking and the leadership that I was subjected to we non-existant, unhelpful, instituted double standards, provided no training and procedure manuals were not written.
It was not a good environment to work in, very stressful and not worth the effort, commute or impact it was having on my health.
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2018
Top notch school and programs. Beautiful campus and is surrounded by nice museum and orchestra. Great teaching faculty and colleagues . Highly recommended.
great scientific minds
Molecular Biology research (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 29, 2018
Solid research environment. Great location to be a part of a teaching hospital that allows collaboration and use of equipment. Very talented individuals make for top notch research teams.
Pros
seminars and great collaboration
Cons
Grant money dependent
good university
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2018
The staff and students are wonderful and pleasant to talk to. I enjoyed seeing them on the weekends. The campus has a pool table for the students and vending machines. I enjoyed the detex patrols. I enjoyed walking through the buildings. Case Western Reserve University is a big college and interconnecting buildings.
Exciting and fun workplace with pool table
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 23, 2018
Pros
working independantly and taking a lunch break on own time
Cons
no benefits
Good Job For Student
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 21, 2018
This is a great job for a student worker. General maintenance of facilities and interaction with every facet of the housing department. Will work with you for scheduling.
Ok
Associate Professor of Surgery (Current Employee) –  CWRU ClevelandApril 17, 2018
2 OR day, 2 clinic days, students, fellows and residents. research on clinical and basic science. Daily rounds and consultations. I do primary and revisional bariatric surgery
Enjoyable work place
Mail Clerk II / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2018
Working with students, staff and other mail rooms in problem solving and implementing policy and procedures. Preparing department monthly paper work.

I learn how to communicate to people on there level.

My management staff was great but human resource problem was terrible.

Workplace is culture

The hardest part is dealing with attitudes and people frustration when things don't go right.

The enjoyable part is the holidays and staff and department gatherings
Pros
Enjoy staff gatherings
Cons
Human Resourse not addressing issues and complaints
Productive place to work
Operations Administrator, AHEC, School of Medicine (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44106April 16, 2018
It is hard to review because it is such a large place to work with various schools and departments. I was fortunate for most of my career there except my last position. The problem is that the faculty run the university world and often believe they are Gods. But you have just as many faculty that are down to earth and friendly.
Pros
Faculty
Cons
Faculty
CWRU Athletic Department
Wyant Weight Room Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 16, 2018
My job is to oversee care and maintenance of the weight room facility and to work with the students and patrons that sue the facility to ensure they have the best experience. I also have the opportunity to work game-day shifts for the varsity teams at CWRU. I enjoy the job but I do not plan to work here for long - only until I can find a job in my field. This job is also a part of the federal work study program, so it allows me to fulfill my work-study hours.
It's ok
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2018
It's not bad, but not good either. There is not instruction from supervisors, just unsaid expectations and then they get mad. It's not very good for a person with a family.
Nice PLace
Digital Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2018
I worked here for a year I had a great time. My mangers were helpful even though I felt like the job wasn't the best fit for me sometimes. Its good pay for a student and it isn't too stressful.