Casella Waste Systems
47Low
2.9

Casella Waste Systems Employee Reviews

United States128 reviews
As the revolving door turns
Once you start with poor training you’ll be thinking about running for that revolving door. You’ll have a 50/50 chance of making it one week. You’ll then be assigned to one their “classic” or “antique” vintage trucks with lots of patina that it’s accumulated for 20-25 years of service. You’ll be lucky to get a truck that will not only start but possibly make it through the day. Then you’ll deal with numerous members of management that blame the drivers for everything wrong. You’ll soon run for that revolving door and fast!
Not a fair place to work
Management is not fair to all employees .
Trucks are not kept clean or made to be there disgusting.

Managers have there favorite workers so if your not one of them you won’t have a chance there .
Fun, Productive, Good Environment, Team Work
A good company to work for, good benefits, team work, help available, competitive salary and benefits. Performance and Safety Bonus offered. Management very helpful.
You’re on you own
The would give the oldest trucks (junk) and the hardest work schedule to the new drivers. And you have to use your own personal phone gps to find all your pick ups.
Flexible most of the time and challenging at times! I love my job most of the time and the people in my division! They support me as much as they can!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Job always at risk.
Your job is always at risk,if you have a holiday during the week you must work the following Saturday,this includes Thanksgiving and Christmas,so no planning if you have to be with family
Cons
Jobs always at risk!!
Nothing past a job
Equipment is junk run hard into the ground everything is cobbed up minimal repairs made only to make it functional not necessarily safe. Spent just as much time broke down as you did working. Management expects you to do high grade professional work with equipment that belongs in a junkyard. Management cares about nothing except the route being done so you are not supposed to have any home lofe at all
Just don’t
It’s probably the worst place I’ve ever worked in my life.
You stand on your feet ten hours a day,

Horrible working conditions and management, well I wouldn’t call it good.
Read this honest review
I am stillemployed at casella have been at the same transfer for four years and ever since they took over my company it has been miserable.stear clear
Management does not back ypou up
Upper management will not back you up for all you did for the company the work place was ok most of the employees were very courteous and willing to help hardest part of job was trying to keep all units up and running.
Pros
Cons
Embarrassing to work there
The management is well aware of the issues of drivers not completing routes, missing stops, and nobody cares - both trash and recycling. So many calls from angry customers, and the goal is to make the customer wait until the next week (or two with recycling) and avoid fixing the driver mistakes. Drivers were never reprimanded, and mgmt was desperate and could not afford for anyone to leave. It is difficult taking angry call one after another, all day. Luckily I was able to find a job elsewhere and left.
Looking for more!
Great company to work for, but I am looking for advancement quicker than has been available. Good employees that work hard every day. If I had a quicker advancement path I would not be looking.
I love this job!
I have worked a variety of jobs but this is the best by far. They support a drama free, inclusive, supportive workplace and it shows!

Training is amazing! They don't skimp on the time and effort they put into your success. Plan on 3 to 4 months of training and support to ensure you feel comfortable and knowledgeable in your new career! Ask questions because they will answer them, no matter how trivial you may think they are. They really do want you to succeed and provide the tools for you to do just that!

The work environment is one I have never experienced. No drama, they don't tolerate it. Once you move from the training center to HQ you find the support isn't left at the training center. Everyone is here to assist and help you continue to learn and succeed. It's refreshing!

Compensation is the best I've seen for a call center. Good hourly wage well above minimum wage plus commission for sales of roll off containers (they call you, no cold calling on these people!).

You will work, so let's not pretend this isn't a job. Some days can be super busy and you may take upwards of 100 calls, but the majority of those are going to be amazing customers. There will be the occasional escalation but even they are easy to handle and Casella gives us tools to help them.

I chose Casella because I kept meeting people who worked there and had NOTHING bad to say. They loved their jobs, what they do, the support they received, and I see why! I am so looking forward to many years with Casella and all this career has to offer!
If you're not a manager, then you're just a number.
I worked for Casella for over 4 years. Only reason I was there that long was for the benefits for my family. The managers are all just blow hards that don't care about you unless you worship them. One manager in my experience was extremely intimidating and a harassment case waiting to happen. Pay sucks and they'll think of any excuse not to give you what you're worth.
I like the summary, it was very interesting
About me as a person and,a worker l work very hard and,l never call out sick unless,l am in the hospital. And l can work in any condition ,I get along great with other people
All work- No play
It is trash but no time for family. Extended work hours. No holidays. Troubled employees who want nothing but to male your day a miserable one. BTW, this is a Union shop and they all think they're Hoffa, looking to cut deals with Mgmt behind the nacls of theie fellow unionites. Trucks are held together with duct tape and ribbon. One DOT stop away from shutdown.
Casella waste
Great place to work!! They helped me get my CDL license. Trained me to drive their truck and the way they Operate daily. Overall enjoyable place to work
Not a good place to work
Not a good place to work for unless you know someone from upper management. Only care about the numbers. No real support from management you are left alone to figure things out and are to blame even if it's out of your control no communication until it's to late.
Respect yourself not to
Terrible atmosphere figuratively anf literally, never had enough clean respirators constantly had to hound for them. Never knew when we would have morning break or if we would even get one after lunch. When luch was or time we were done for the day. Micromanaged but they could never seem to get ahead and fix anything. Idiots... No heat in Building for winter no AC either. Just do yourself a favor and dont.
Substandard pay
Pay is substandard. They are slow to pay an incentive based raises. If you get any at all. Top management doesnt seem to care about the little guys. They promise you things and do not follow through.
Ok till something better comes along
Ok till something better comes along. Old equipment that brakes down. If the supervisor likes you, your good. You have holidays off but then have to work that Saturday. Very physical job lifting bags of trash all day. There are no driver only jobs.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casella Waste Systems. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight