Casey's

• Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

The training, communication

I enjoy my job there are challenging times but I just keep moving along with my team. There was a switch over with upper management a year ago and they have changed so much.

Pros

Training, communication

Cons

Put to much on Managers.

Love customers.

Wish corporate would take in to conceration what happens at the store and how stressful it is for a Store Manager when they keep adding things and changing the rolls. They all need to go work in small towns that have little employees to see how they run their store and how when adding extra stuff puts a damper in the store.

Pros

Customers

Company has low standards for employees and management they hire. Too much micro managing. Area Supervisors show favoritism and do not give help when needed after regular business hours, on weekends and holidays. Corporate gets the bonuses and rewards from all the hard work done at each individual store, not allocated where it's deserved.

Good

Fun place to work. Fast some days really slow the ne t but always stuff to do. Good pay and line people. Also the pizza is pretty good. I'd go back maybe

Focus was customer service, no mentorship

Casey's is a company that focuses on no mentoring of up and coming managers especially Men "good oles Girls" at the store levelGood luck new male managers.

Pros

Customer

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Upper management disrespects the store manager

You are undermined by upper management. When staff see you being undermined and disrespected by your upper management, then they think it’s ok to disrespect you and not do the job they were hired to do.

fast paced but the regulars are amazing!

Slow days are a blessing, management is a joke, lots and lots of drama, everyone's replaceable, and holidays are the most enjoyable part. Don't recommend.

Pros

free food, free drinks, and friendships.

Cons

cut hours, no breaks, being overworked, s. harassment, and zero flexibility.

Management does not care about employees. Only will advance if you have family.

Management doesn't require some employees to work just a select few. Company gives an unlivable wage after a couple years. Smokers get breaks but nonsmokers get nothing as a break,

Pros

healthcare

Cons

no breaks unless you smoke

Great opportunity for advancement!!!Nice clean stores and the best Pizza in the U.S.

Great company…going through some growing pains…but they have a great offering for customers and employees!!!!Great training program with great support from upper management!

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Free coffee

Working for corporate is a joke

Spent almost 6 years working at the "IT" help desk. Management could care less about the employees and they will only promote their friends. All those years there I got the basic 3% raise. The excuse given was "we can't give any more due to budget restrictions" yet they keep buying up more gas stations and building new ones. Never once in 6 years was I told "good job" or "we appreciate your work". My coworkers that didn't do their jobs by actually fixing stuff and calling to verify that it's been fixed got all the love and glory. So again...If you don't suck up to management, you will go nowhere. Do NOT waste your time here. It won't matter how hard you work, it's a dead end.

Pros

Literally none

Cons

Incompetent, non-caring management. Rampant favoritism, Co-workers that have high ticket counts get special projects and promotions.

Unless you work with a bunch of close friends that are all productive avoid this company at all cost, they don’t care about you.

It’s not worth it. Overworked and told that it’s still not enough while labor budgets are cut for understaffed stores. The warehouse constantly running out of product to ship to their stores.

Pros

Insurance is not bad price compared to most, 401(k) matches 6%, which is good if you work a lot of overtime, but they are going to extremes to discourage

Cons

No help, no labor allowance to hire help, Extreme workload especially in the kitchen only having one person, and one person upfront who can’t stop long enough to help

Completely unorganized

Truthfully it's not a good place to work...They are into hiring very young people so that they don't have to pay them accordingly...And also the work that other individuals lack in they want you to give up your holidays nights and weekends to fill in... And this is an on going thing with whoever they hire... Because everyone quits after about a week... I lasted almost 3 years

Pros

Free soda while you work

Cons

If you are a good worker, then all the lazy people that they hire jobs fall on you...

Horrible everything

Horrible everything including management. No respect for workers or customers. Just down right mean and horrible work environment. Kitchen is unsanitary

Pros

Don't work there anymore

Cons

error. And confusing. Great people though.

Very fast paced work. No room for error.No great co workers.. family oriented. Got over worked and under paid. Tired of being threatened to bo fired because we were too busy for the drive offs.

Pros

Pay check

Cons

Too many duties to know.

Don't care for employees. Prepare to sell your soul.

Bad company. Worried more about making shareholders big profits. Transportation department doesn't care for your safety tell you to figure it out won't fix a thing.

Cons

The kids that took over ruined a really good job!!

The kids that took over ruined a really good job!! Didn't appreciate having a great driver that made them money and didn't ever miss work or was late.

Pros

It was a good paying job.

Cons

Treated drivers like they were kids . Instead of treating them with respect.

Standard private sector job.

Standard private sector job where your chances at advancement, or getting a raise, or using intelligence or creativity to solve the company's/store's problems are hindered by the fact that it is above your pay grade or "not your position". Higher level positions are held by people who are much older than those who make the pizzas or work registers. Being young is looked down upon.

Pros

Surrounded by food, and sometimes like-minded people.

Cons

Very little opportunity for raises or advancement.

It’s not the same company.

I love my job but things are not the same. Lazy managers are rewarded while good managers are undervalued. You only have work/ home balance if you have an understanding DS

Corporate, the district manager, and the store manager all ignored me when I was harassed by a fellow employee. Terrible place to work.

Casey’s is a terrible company to work for. Both times I have worked for them, I have had to quit due to the stress of the job. Corporate is a joke, when I called to leave a complaint, they never reached back out.

Pros

Employee discount.

Cons

Management, corporate, favoritism

Productive and fast. Very constant movement

Fun place to work as long as you have no life. The people are incredible as long as you can drown out all the drama. The customers are really nice but nobody knows how to work together when it's busy on night shift.

Pros

Free food, good pay for job

Cons

Very busy. Hassel you for taking time off

Overworked, understaffed, & underappreciated!

The leadership above the area supervisors are a joke. They have no idea what it takes to run the stores. The area supervisors were expected to work every weekend summer 2021. managers are overworked and underpaid. Higher ups don't care and have no idea how to run a store. They change policies all the time and staff cannot keep up. The entire company is a joke!

Pros

Free coffee and soda

Cons

Overworked and underpaid!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casey's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight