Casey's General Store Employee Reviews

Found 3,306 reviews matching the search See all 3,316 reviews
Serious Corporate/Management Problems
Cashier/Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  KansasJanuary 20, 2019
Corporate does bare minimum for stores that are smaller/less busy. Employees at these stores are paid $1 to $2 less per hour, even if the larger and smaller stores are 10 or less miles apart. It's harder to get equipment fixed and/or replaced. They will also only meet state work laws exactly. I'd the state you work in doesn't require employers to give employees breaks, expect not to get any, even if you work 8 hours a day.

This would be bearable if direct management at my store didn't have favoritism with their employees. Certain employees can do anything without getting written up. Others will get in trouble for minor problems. If you have problems with a favored employee, direct management will do nothing to help the situation. They will only make excuses and make you feel like the problems are your fault.
Pros
Half priced food
Cons
No breaks, employee favoritism, corporate does bare minimum
Overworked and under appreciated
Overnight cashier (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, IAJanuary 20, 2019
I worked as an overnight cashier, which included both checking out customers and cleaning everything inside the store and out except for the kitchen. Most nights, there was not enough time to complete all the work required. The people in charge of distributing tasks clearly had no idea how many customers actually come in during the overnight shift. It is less than other shifts, obviously, but it's not completely dead. I would say there was 5+ hours worth of cleaning alone to do per night and maybe 3 hours to do it if you were lucky.

The store also had massive problems with employees not doing certain tasks and pushing the work off onto other shifts. Those tasks usually ended up getting pushed onto the overnight shifts. This applies to both cashiers and kitchen staff. If/when those duties weren't finished, even if it was the morning or afternoon shift's duty to finish it originally, the finger would usually be pointed at the overnight workers. I tried my best to pick up their slack, but there's only so much one person can do.
Pros
Free drinks and half off food while on the clock, good insurance benefits, job security
Cons
No breaks unless you make time for them (which is very hard to do), overworking, unfriendly work environment
Needs a lot of improvement
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAJanuary 20, 2019
They need to provide constant training. Any time Casey's would change a policy or a food item for the kitchen, there was no training, you heard by word of mouth from other employees.
More mature individuals with outstanding people skills need to be hired. If Casey's offered more money in wages they would attract those kind of applicants.
Managers need to have continual training on how to mamage effectively and how to develop a team atmosphere. Openingly talking and degraing an employee in front of other employees or customer is unacceptable.
Breaks should be provided with a place to sit .
There is frequent drug use from some employee during working hours.
Very strict workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNJanuary 20, 2019
It was very dramatic, way more than it needed to be and I didn’t really like that and also they’re cutting hours big time there so I need a new job with more hours.
Pros
50 percent off what we made there
Cons
Dramatic
A good place to work.
Store Employee (Former Employee) –  Havana, ILJanuary 19, 2019
Casey's is a good place to work. I would recommend working there to a friend. They work around your hours as much as they can. I worked during the day and the employees working that shift were great. However, I did have to leave due to not enough hours in a pay period and living in a different town.
Pros
Great environment and employees, customers are great.
Cons
Not enough hours given.
A good part time job.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint James, MNJanuary 19, 2019
A good part time job for supplemental income. Friendly people to work with. Good management structure, but there wasn't many benefits such as insurance offered.
It’s occasionally fun
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lavaca, ARJanuary 17, 2019
I already like to clean and organize things but having people there within me make things more fun and less time consuming. With their help things can easily get done. Being the delivery driver is also fun. But my coworkers and manager make it fun to be there.
Poorly Managed
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Falls, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Beginning on my first day, the Manager that hired me was fired. A new Management team was brought into the store, however, they appeared more concerned with cleaning house, by eliminating any of the prior employees and replacing them with a new crew.

Within the matter of two weeks, I was awarded a $100 bonus for excellency in customer service and then told that my work behavior was unprofessional. Very mixed messages.

Next came the cutting of my hours. I went from working 20-30 hours weekly, down to less than 10 for a week.

At this point, I was forced to seek out alternative employment.
Pros
Discounted food/ Free Drinks
Cons
Poorly Managed/ No room for growth
Fast paced and fun
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJanuary 17, 2019
Great place to work! I enjoyed the hours I worked. We got discounts on food and beverages. I could have advanced in the job but decided to work at Stuteville.
Casey's was a great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 17, 2019
I had built very strong friendships and bonds with many of the people I worked with. We we're always willing to let a hand to help each other out when we needed it. We ALWAYS tried to work as a team.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
N/a
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colo, IowaJanuary 16, 2019
Worked as a full time cashier. Learned how to run the store efficiently and effectively. Provided excellent customer service, and learned the regular customers well.
not very good employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, IN 47804January 16, 2019
i didnt get along with the other employees whom were lazy and talked about everyone behind there backs and management new and failed to take action against other emplyees because they were there favorites
Caseys
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NEJanuary 15, 2019
This job is really meant for people who want to interact with other people on the daily. You need patience and be capable of kindness. Other than that you will constantly feel like your with a family working for caseys because thats the work environment they provide.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Occasionally cranky customers.
Productive simple, fast paced at times, slow in others .
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 15, 2019
Simple job, made pizzas, you wouldn’t believe how busy Casey’s can get though at times, it sure got busy but at times it did die down and become rather boring. Decent balance.
Pros
Good people, good regulars
Cons
It was a good three years
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Roxana, ILJanuary 15, 2019
Need new management, and need new trainning

I would come in around 3pm, and get right to work, we would be rushed for beer and food until about 6pm. Once we slowed down I would take my break. Once return I would start cleaning up the store, wiping down the counters and making sure cups was stocked...

If we dis not get things down in the time the boss thought it could get down she would have an attitude... But she never once worked a night to see what it was like
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ILJanuary 14, 2019
I love caseys. The environment is great. The people are easy to work with. The customers are very friendly. And over all I miss working there. I would definitely recommend Casey's for employment.
I had personal issues with the store
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Elmwood, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Had I had a different manager this would have been a great job starter job for me for being a single mom who lived down the street. The manager was recently fired and that’s really all I need to say.
Pros
Easy work customers are great
Fun Workplace
A Pizza Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 13, 2019
Definitely a good place for anyone that's looking for a first job. Acceptable share of hours, and an acceptable amount of pay. Management is decent at best.
Pros
Good discount on employee purchases.
Cons
Some days can be awfully slow.
Caseys
Prep/ Cook (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 13, 2019
Its a great store but hard to advance career wise in there but need they to pay more because of all the duties they require you to do. Its a friendly enviroment and does have great packages as far ad insurance. I have worked there for 2 years and now making 9.75 hourly i think in my position it should be 10.00 or more.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Short breaks
Great to work there
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Argenta, ILJanuary 13, 2019
I love the way u interfaith people and meet there needs. Got good workers and hours do a lot of different things. Keep clean store and stocked for the next day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casey's General Store. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Casey's General Store.

Powered by Comparably