Casey's General Store Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,273 reviews matching the search See all 2,278 reviews
Welcoming workplace.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Spiro, OKJuly 21, 2018
We are trained to always welcome the next person to walk through the door, taught to work efficiently and effectively. Always be polite, positive, professional and proud to be a member of the Casey’s team.
Great place to work until they find out how good of a worker you are
Store Employee (Current Employee) –  Bennet, NEJuly 20, 2018
Every day I am stocking almost everything, cleaning everything, helping customers, and closing the store down. I handle money by giving the correct change to customers.
Pros
50% food while working, free drinks while working
Cons
Get stuck on one type of shift
Throws away good food
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, MOJuly 20, 2018
When you get hired on at Casey's, they say its a part time job, but then you are scheduled to work 2 pm to 11 pm 3 days a week. Standing on your feet the entire time. There is no break room. If you take a break, there are some milk crates on the side of the building that you are not supposed to sit on. Casey's throws away so much food its criminal. They still make their employees pay for food even though they are going to throw it away. The security cameras are faced towards the employees instead of the customers that are shoplifting. Casey's doesn't trust its own employees
Pros
Good pizza
Cons
No break room
relaxed place with decent people
Cashier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65810July 19, 2018
Great and fun place to work with very little stress to worry about. Management was rarely involved unless it was a customer dispute. Very easy job with lots of possibilities.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
customer service
Good employees, poor management
Stocker, Register Clerk, & Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 19, 2018
Good place to work. Liked the employees. Management just is not responsible enough to run the place. Best Casey's in town because of the people who work there. New management is helping and making it better though. Higher ups are kind of a joke. Everyone in the store makes the most of it though.
Stressful
Kitchen Helper/Cook (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 19, 2018
I had always on my shift a no call no show they give them 3 each employee witch I do not like at all not faire to the employees who pick up shifts. Manager didn’t care that they had no call no shows she never came in for them
Pros
People u work with are ok
Cons
No brakes, no manager on for no call no shows
Very Stressful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAJuly 19, 2018
Delivery driving alone gave me PTSD. Working at Casey's General Store was like War: Long times of total boredom punctuationed by moments of shear terror.
Liked working there but...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Linton, INJuly 19, 2018
I was the assistant manager there for almost a year, i liked working for the company but the store manager overworked me: she would leave early all the time, never came in if a person was needed, always just expected me to. When i had a huge family emergency going on and my dad was in the icu, she was trying to make me feel bad for not wanting to be at work and still overworked me, and ended up suspending me because of everything going on. I loved working for the company and would go back as long as i didnt have to work with her.
fast paced
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Garner, IAJuly 19, 2018
supper rush was intense and very busy at times. I worked overnights preparing donuts and other pastries as well. the overnights were calm and quiet. the younger workers didn't like doing their job which put more on my list of duties
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
it felt like i was a babysitter to the younger employees rather then a team member
Run forrest run
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Delavan, ILJuly 18, 2018
High stress,management has no clue.turn over is weekly.A lot of misinformation is passed on.No way does the manager work 40 hours a week.
One of the managers thinks he can push people around and TRY to intimidate employees.Everyone just laughs.
Pros
Free drink during your shift
Cons
Too much lieing going on and employees are not treated well.Why they have such turn over
productive and fun to work there
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSJuly 17, 2018
I worked there and really enjoyed everyone i worked with and enjoyed being there. my boss was really cool too. I had fun with customers they was nice too.
Pros
always busy
Cons
i liked the breaks
Fast paced and people oriented
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beckemeyer, ILJuly 17, 2018
This is a busy convenience store. Time management and excellent customer service is a must. You also need to be a TEAM PLAYER in order for smooth and effective work place.
Productive. Fast paced. No breaks.
Kitchen Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Red Cloud, NEJuly 17, 2018
It was a hard place to keep up. No help.
Very fast paced. Threw away alot of food that could have been donated or bought by employee.
Need to update equipment.
Pros
Free pop
Cons
No discounts. No help.
Horrible management and horrible time if you're not friends with management
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Glarus, WIJuly 17, 2018
No hours, rude manager that didn't care, all the food was expired, horrible coworkers, cut in hours led to no help when busy times were around. No management at night
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 16, 2018
Productive Fun Place to work, you can work as many hours as u want they r very flexible with scheduling or setting a set schedule was always busy during my entire shift
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
uniform
Good and fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Milan, INJuly 16, 2018
Enjoyable job. Good people and good management. Fun environment. They were Always good to me and I would recommend it to anyone. The hours are good and flexible.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks
Great way to know the community
Assistant--helped with store operations and cooked (Former Employee) –  Canton, MOJuly 16, 2018
I did enjoy my time as a cook and cashier. I learned a lot about customer service and management. I wish they would pay their employees more. If you wanted to advance in the company, more than likely, you would have to relocate.
Great Manager, fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wapello, IAJuly 14, 2018
Loved working for the manager. Given many opportunities to grow in knowledge of the inner workings of the store and in all areas (not just the cashier). Great employees and repeat customers made working here a happy experience.
Pros
Free beverages and half-price meals, great management
Cons
Used to be a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MOJuly 14, 2018
I used to love my job. They took so much away and expected so much more that I came to hate my job. It used to be fun to work there, it no longer is. When you wake up sick to your stomach thinking about going to work you realize that you have the wrong job.
Pros
50% discount on food and free drinks while on the clock
Cons
no breaks
I loved it. Fast paced, energetic, very friendly work environment.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 13, 2018
Casey's General store is the best place to work. They provide quality customer service and the best product. Advancement opportunity if desired. Fair management and flexible schedules are a plus at Casey's.
Pros
flexible
Cons
high prices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casey's General Store. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight