Cash America Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Cashier, Data entry, Pawn (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 9, 2018
lack of opportunity. pay could be better. some stores are busier than others. raise every year isn't enough. people are rude sometimes. they don't cash checks any more. interest rate on loans is better than others, but still too high on installment paybacks.
Intense place to work
PAWN BROKER (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GADecember 8, 2018
Have to deal with a lot of angry customers
No security on job and it can sometimes get a bit much
Not much of an opportunity to move up in the company
Fun with employers
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2018
We would talk and have fun but get the job done
We would talk to customers all day
We would restock every thing we bring back out
We would help our customers with there stuff to the car
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Rude customers
Sales and appraisels
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2018
Received and appraised the value of items on a daily basis. Pulled inventory and prepared it for sale. Kept money in till for loans. counted money and kept records of loans.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
warehouse was not climate control.
Job Security
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 28, 2018
Pawn shops have been around for many many years, and they are a great help to people who find themselves in a financial bid. The reason for pawn shops is an excellent idea. There are, of course, the negative aspects of the reputations they have because there are customers there for money they intend to use for bad reasons. However, its not that reason for the shops. The shops are to help people get through a small rough patch. I learned a lot about people, but I also learned a lot about many different types of tools, weapons, jewelry, and many other items. I also learned the importance of merchandise placement on shelves. the hardest part of this job was lifting heavy items, which wasn't too hard. the part I loved the most about working at CA was the different people everyday.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
not much room for growth within that company
This job was okay
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 26, 2018
Not exactly sure what to put here.but my review is needed I guess. Not much besides it's a pawn shor and the is always going to be money hungry or needy people.
Pros
Working?
Cons
Rude customers
Great staff and management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 19, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Cash America, work was quick and orderly sometime hectic. I leaned how to interact and understand people better, as well as how some crazy electronics works about jewelry firearms it was awesome.
Pros
1hr break and Normal work hours (8a-5p)
Great work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2018
I enjoy the company as a whole and the work environment is what you make of it. I feel as if 12 years with the company is a long time and I am ready to grow with a new company and make more money. I am ready to evolve and learn new skills with a new company.
Pros
bonus, paid vacation time
Cons
expensive co payments on expensive insurance policies
Very inconsistent work placw
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Gentilly, LANovember 13, 2018
This company is very inconsistent. Very hostile, dangerous, and not for the weak. This job is probably one of the worst jobs to have. It turns you into someone you should never be. It may vary by location, but the one I was at is absolutely ridiculous. Only thing that kept me there was my store manager.
Keep looking
Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
Nothing nice to say in general. I worked for a few different mangers; some Much better than others. Jealousy was definitely an issue frequently . Employees were sexually involved with customers for “sales”- (some) but it only takes 1 to ruin it for Everyone else
Cons
Too much jealousy
Cash America Basics
PAWN BROKER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2018
Typical days at work mainly slow paced waiting for customers to come in. During the downtime we would just clean up the store and place price tags around any item needed.

I learned better money management also improved customer service.

Hardest part of the job would have to be getting a aggravated customer but I would also manage to reason with them and control the situation.

I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things about items and meeting new customers.
Pros
Commission, flexible hours
Great job to have
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37411November 5, 2018
A lot of customer interaction, selling and loaning on high value items such as jewelry, electronics, and tools. Very hands on and helpful training classes
Pros
Easy, fun, exciting
Cons
location
Overwhelming
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 4, 2018
The expectations they have are unreal. They set ureachable goals. The focus that the company went to does not benefit the customers or the company. Lots of hours.
was a good company
Accounts Manager, Newavenuse Home Furnishing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
this company has changed ownership to new company so I don't know much abiut it now but was great company wen I was there its was grat good benfits great discounts on jewelry and items good vacations
It Has Changed
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
Cash America used to be a great place to work with work life balance always being their priority for their employees but, after the first cash “merge” everything has changed for the worst is all about money now not later and if you can’t provide their rediculous requirements then is out the door and in with the next they took away one week of vacation from anyone who entered the company after it merged senior management if they were not grandfathered in lost their 5 weeks of vacation to only 3 weeks available the insurance coverage has also been cut assistant manager hours have been cut the pay for any new assistant has gone down from 17-19 and hour to 13 an hour a dollar more than an average part timer I don’t recommend the company anymore I advice making this your career.
Pros
Cons
Rediculous demands and expectations monthly policy changes
Don't take care of employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 2, 2018
I've decided 12 years this company all was well until I put in for a transfer then they told me I'll have to have a paycut due to cost of living.... understandable but then they told me I'll have to have a $11.00 paycut even if I've dedicated 12 years to them!? Not going for it!
friendly easy going but fast paced
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Bch, FLOctober 30, 2018
within a year i crossed all the t"s and dotted all the i"s but in the end on christmas eve a person passed 3 bad checks through me for their purchases,all sales were approved by management but they failed to make sure i called the bank to verify that the funds were there,which they were not.Checks were rarely taken at this pawn shop,always cash, so i didnt know about calling her bank to verify.it was a 1500 dollar loss to the co.so they fired me.My year of work lost just that fast.the hardest part is irate customers and having to get all sales approved by mgt.Most enjoyable part is gettimg familuar with merchandise
Pros
inside work, clean enviroment, fast paced
Cons
lack of employee support
Company has changed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa,FloridaOctober 27, 2018
Cash America had great training and support at all levels. Now, under new management which has become a culture shock. The cash America core values no longer exist.
Pros
commission and bonus
Cons
No longer a positive culture
fun place
PAWN BROKER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
it was really fun to work here there was something new every day, the customers were very friendly , i personally loved it and learned a lot from this job
na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2018
great company to work for,
company has paid holidays even some stores are closed on sundays, awesome benefits available from the company. overall great place to work
Pros
company picninc, holiday party
Cons
no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cash America. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about