Cash Store Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Dont waste your time
Assistant Manager, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJuly 3, 2018
The customers are wonderful and the pay is even better, initially. You get raises every 6 months for awhile then its cut off. Management will smile in your face, tell you how great your doing and then your fired. This company cant be trusted, youll last 2yrs tops, if that. If your reading this and you go back and tell them you read bad reviews there going to tell you, oh its just disgruntled employees. i am not disgruntled, it was there lost, im just being HONEST!!
Pros
pay, customers, benefits
Cons
no family life, management are liars
Great pay but terrible work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75038June 6, 2018
The pay was great and the work was pretty easy. But they give empty promises of promotion, unless you do not ask questions and just do as you are told. They also fire people for no reason and they do not care about their employees.
fast past
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TX 75633May 25, 2018
a typical day at work would be consist of interacting with everyday customer, filing paperwork, and making bank deposits and withdrawals. The hardest part about this job was not being able to take care of your personal business because of the work hours.
Pros
being in charge of the store
Cons
being the only employee in the store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 17, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. I’ve been with the company a little over two years and recently got a job offer at a hospital. The Management in this company is great and work with you no matter what. I hate to give this job up and am thankful for everything this company has done for me, but sometimes there’s a time to move on. I recommend to whatever employee takes my spot to just do your job and come to work. Fairly easy job and great work environment.
Wouldnt recommend working here
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 25, 2018
This company pays there employees well and the customers are great! But it's like a swinging door nobody last, it's always someone leaving and someone new coming. I've never been with a company that micro manages like them. There is no point of a store manager because you report directly to the District Manager even as a assistant. The goals they set for you to try to bonus is set so high, you won't ever bonus. They have no real security for their employees. Like they really don't care for the safety of their employees. No work life balance, you will work 6 days a week. This job at this company is meant for someone who have no life and no kids.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
No work life balance
Walk on Eggshells
Assitant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Porter, TXApril 13, 2018
Working was fine but the upper management such as AM or DM will destroy you and make you feel useless. They also choose favorites to where they do nothing wrong in their eyes when the employee involved does. When they come to audit they watch you like a hawk and attack when they have the chance. You can do everything right and then the upper management will add something that you didnt even know. Walk on eggshells if you work there and watch out for yourself because someone will cut ou down.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
I liked the job great pay
Assistant Manager/ loan officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77099April 8, 2018
I liked the hours I worked and the pay. It was relaxed and easy for how much they pay you. I did loans all day and loved my customers. I had good benefits and management was good as well. As long as you do your job you have no problems.
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXMarch 21, 2018
I gave loans to customers, the training with this company is only one week, not enough time to learn what you need to learn, it takes about 6 months to learn the job. I was the store manager, upper management can be helpful, or they can be cutthroat. It is a very intense place to work if you have upper management in the store they are always looking for something negative to find. The hardest part of the job is always trying to be perfect because it is never good enough for them. You can do a perfect job, but there is always be negative feedback. They always have to find something negative to say, it's in their job title. I enjoy talking and getting to know my customers and really miss my customers. If this company could learn to give negative feedback, followed by positive then their employees would take the advice and use it. But they are never positive about anything. This company would give you monthly goals to meet, but you didn't get them until the 15th of the month and was expected to make them by the end of the month, which was almost impossible.
Absolutely horrible place to work!!!!!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 19, 2018
They don’t care about you nor will they ever!! They will act sweet to your face and literally turn around and stab you in the back! Don’t even think about having a life outside of there either or getting pregnant if your a female they will wait until your about to go on maternity leave and fire you for no reason! They will read of a piece of paper about how you didn’t have satisfactory of company policy but that’s it! Oh and they’ll pay you for two hours the day the fire you for showing up and then they’ll give you two weeks pay of lieu of notice because in the contract they’re suppose to give you two weeks notice! You work 24/7 travel everywhere and don’t ever expect to get out of work in time!! If you stay over due to customers guess what you don’t get paid for that you are made to take a lunch! Don’t ask questions about anything because they will see you are fighting against what they want and they will fire you! They are beyond sneaky so just watch your back if you decide to go ahead and work there even after seeing all the reviews!! You will question if you have a job every single day your there and they will “reassure” you that your fine when they’re posting a job opening for your position behind your back
Pros
Customers only
Cons
Fake, no life, constant travel
Terrible place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Goals set by managers are out of reach, very hard to bonus. When managers come for audits the are intimidating and make it very u comfortable. Very slow depending on the time of year. This job makes it hard to balance family life And work life 1 will suffer. Very high turnover rate for store managers and assistants.
Pros
Customer and co workers
Cons
Harrasing customers with 3 rounds of call
Wouldn’t recommend
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Management only cares about their bonus for the month. good luck getting time off for appointments, i was out with the flu for a few days and was punished for it when i came back. they are always trying to tell you what you are doing wrong instead of what you are doing well. as a store manager you don’t get any breaks and work 47 hours a week including saturdays. customers were great but i felt guilty when people couldn’t make their payments bc of high interest rates.
Pros
customers
Cons
everything else
Working at the CashStore
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Not a very difficult job, but it was stressful to say the least. There wasn't any job security. Their turn over rate is extremely high. And their micro managing was amazing.
Pros
you get your 40 hours, mileage was paid if asked to go anywhere
Cons
micro managing
Easy going job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, IL 60901February 5, 2018
I really enjoyed the job and got close to my customers but didn't like getting yelled at over the phone for something that was out of my control. I liked my manager but didn't like the higher up management but they were unfair.
Pros
Didn't have to clock out for breaks, got mileage to go to the post office or bank for the job
Cons
healthcare, working every saturday for half day, higher management
watch your back
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 1, 2018
management is very cliquey, looking more for yes men then employees that can think for themselves. Required to work 6 days a week over time is great in the beginning but gets old fast. Very hard to get requested time off
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 18, 2018
Don't do it! Worst job ever I have ever had. The management is absolutely horrible. The pay and benefits DO NOT make up for the horrible district, regional, ect managers.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Work was easy, not stressful, only during busy season had to juggle 3 rounds of calls and helping complete new applications. Pocess to help customer is easy to understand and complete.
Watch out for upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 23, 2017
High turnover of district and regional managers. No Saturdays off. Monthly audits instead of quarterly. Even when targets are met and audits are passing, they only discuss what was wrong and what needed to be improved. No recognition for good work or years on the job. No new trainings. They go over the same 6 courses. Imagine going over those same packets for almost 5 years. They NEVER tell you why you're fired. Don't voice your opinion on anything because you'll be written up the next day for "unprofessionalism" I wouldn't dare go into the 578% interest they charge customers on a loan. IT WAS A GREAT IDEA THAT I LEFT. I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE....
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper management
ok i guess
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 13, 2017
working at the cash store you will not have a any social life, it is very stress full and it gets very difficult having to see the old folks getting cash advances and they never get off its very difficult for customers to pay off because of the high interest rate. could not take it anymore
Not at all secure due to you don't know when you will be let go!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 4, 2017
The training for the job was constant pressure over the shoulder. Being told that you are doing good then on a Monday of their choosing they let you go
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else is a con
Good starting Pay
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
Working at the Cash Store had its ups and down. You had growth opportunity however as you climb up the ladder work it just starts to get worse. You work as if it was your last day and consistently getting feedback even if your stores performance is amazing. The amount of work was ridiculous for one person as a district manager and on top of that it had to be hand written. Sadly you end up growing a extra finger on your ring finger. I enjoyed working with majority of the staff. Depending what store location you work it can be fast pace or slow place environment. I had no life because i was always working open to close even on Saturdays. Sundays i was on call and i always had to carry my binder in case someone called me and decided act sick, it was very overwhelming and not worth it. I wish i stayed as a ASM.
Pros
Great Start Pay
Cons
Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cash Store. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight